Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies

So I'm curious, what do you guys do with your townies? I know most people create their own sims or mostly create things like mods/cas stuff for the game rather than actually playing it. One of my favorite things to do, though is choose a townie Sim -- say the Goths or more recently the Behr sisters -- and play through their lives for a generation or two. I get bored with the stories easily so I don't last more than a second generation but I was curious if anyone else had a similar play style. I do know people like to remake townies but I haven't seen many play throughs or LPs with them unless they're married into a created household.
[ Call me Oddy. Born in '91, Lesbian | Gamer | Tea Lover | Slytherin | Caffeine Addict ]

tumblr_static_1qgrli35ina8cg00gwswsokgo.png
link sends you to my simblr

Comments

• AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    On generation 11 of the Goths right now, only townies I ever played.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have a mod that forces my game to use the current homeless sim instead of creating new ones unless it needs to add a sim or sims to fill in for that slot. My townies consist of sims that I have added to the game from the gallery. They were the sims you see when they first introduced the different Sims 4 games and packs. If the game generates one I will either delete it or give it a makeover. These are a few of the townies in my game.
    37098468_1048586948624933_5800903333875023872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=a07ce3e8af7e22a9e1ff82f7c76712db&oe=5C7C2AB2
    36990013_1048586771958284_6804139494434930688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=934161e9f2681535adb9d3a2e67f82d4&oe=5C4B5815
    36994349_1048587131958248_1272850529248083968_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=ea691b7133be667b18f888200bc5e6ac&oe=5C84790B
    37074766_1048586921958269_2975632378656980992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=55b35b17613b2a0a3a05b402caf40671&oe=5C7609B4
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't ever start by playing them, but I keep them around. If any of my sims get involved with any of them, that's when I start developing their story. Pre-mades aren't as fun to play this time around, but I like having their background & personality established for me.

As for townies that aren't premades, I either delete them or make them over.
  • SimposeumS4SimposeumS4 Posts: 78 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    On generation 11 of the Goths right now, only townies I ever played.

The Goths are a blast aren't they? I always have to remake Cassandra though. Her brother always ends up as their parents favorite but she's the one who gets the happy ending mainly because I focus on what she wants. For the most part. Generally I play my female sims as gay unless they already have an established romance because that makes the game all the more fun for me.

LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have a mod that forces my game to use the current homeless sim instead of creating new ones unless it needs to add a sim or sims to fill in for that slot. My townies consist of sims that I have added to the game from the gallery. They were the sims you see when they first introduced the different Sims 4 games and packs. If the game generates one I will either delete it or give it a makeover.

What mod do you use? I'm still bookmarking mods for later on when the games are settled. Your townies look great!

I don't ever start by playing them, but I keep them around. If any of my sims get involved with any of them, that's when I start developing their story. Pre-mades aren't as fun to play this time around, but I like having their background & personality established for me.

As for townies that aren't premades, I either delete them or make them over.

Yeah, your method seems pretty common. The background & personality you mentioned is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing pre-made sims. It's fun to twist things around but also stay true to the core of the character. I find myself doing this with Cassandra Goth a lot. Do you have a particular style you like to use when you do make overs?
    [ Call me Oddy. Born in '91, Lesbian | Gamer | Tea Lover | Slytherin | Caffeine Addict ]

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @SimposeumS4
    Thank you. :)
    This is the mod that deals with the NPCs.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604590
    MTS_Paulson-1769053-npc-control-logo-500.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The premades and townies are almost always secondary characters. I sometimes add in more that I don't intend to play .. just put them in houses for extras.. they can be sims my friends will make friends with, have in their clubs... background mostly. If my sims get to know them well enough and it feels right they might become a main character .. usually by moving them in.
    They also serve as the victims when I engage in deviant play. I've played with most of the premades in many ways .. poor things. I do have favorites but that's mostly the ones my sims come in contact with more frequently because of where I tend to make them live.
    egTcBMc.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited November 2018
    deleted as I asked a question someone else had already asked
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I love premades. I have multiple saves dedicated to playing them. Siobhan Fyres, Joaquin Le Chien, Akira Kibo, and Diego Lobo are the ones I end up playing most often but Joaquin is probably my all time favorite TS4 premade with Siobhan as a close second. I also love the gallery vampires, particularly Elle de Vampiro.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I usually make 1 CAS family and then have most of their friends and romantic interests be townies. When I moved my CAS teenager into Willow Creek, I aged all of the children up so that she'd have a group of friends, plus I grabbed a few homeless teens to go to high school with her. Sometimes the townies will get their own spinoff side stories.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I have never started with a premade family/townie family but I do make them over and update outfits for them. Many have been married into a played family in a few of my saves but mostly I save my favorite townie families so I can always track their families in my games. This has applied to TS3 and TS4.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @SimposeumS4

I'm commenting on this so I can find it tomorrow on desktop. Thanks for sharing the mod link. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    They're not townies for me, I play all premades and I more or less love them all.
    I play in aging off so besides a few weddings and toddlers nothing much changed.

I didn't want randomly generated townies though so I downloaded all promotional sims from the gallery and they're now doing their thing in the background.
    I have a mod that forces my game to use the current homeless sim instead of creating new ones unless it needs to add a sim or sims to fill in for that slot. My townies consist of sims that I have added to the game from the gallery. They were the sims you see when they first introduced the different Sims 4 games and packs. If the game generates one I will either delete it or give it a makeover. These are a few of the townies in my game.
    37098468_1048586948624933_5800903333875023872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=a07ce3e8af7e22a9e1ff82f7c76712db&oe=5C7C2AB2
    36990013_1048586771958284_6804139494434930688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=934161e9f2681535adb9d3a2e67f82d4&oe=5C4B5815
    36994349_1048587131958248_1272850529248083968_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=ea691b7133be667b18f888200bc5e6ac&oe=5C84790B
    37074766_1048586921958269_2975632378656980992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=55b35b17613b2a0a3a05b402caf40671&oe=5C7609B4
    Oh I love your makeovers, they look so good updated !
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I never play with townies or premades. I prefer raising my own sims and creating them however i desire. I do interact with them if the universe brings them together with my sims and if they are a match, they can get together ofcourse. I have till now only married 1 townie but not for my own gemeration i play with. It just never happened that they were proper enough for a marriage and kids. Bf and gf yes.. Nothing further unfortunatly.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I really like the premades that came with Get Together and the Vampire gemeplaypack :).
    I even play with aging of because of them, because I don't want to see them die :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    @SimposeumS4
    I just noticed that with the halloween update we can assign jobs to townies ! I've wanted something like this for so long.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I evict them from their homes, then ignore them after that. The only reason I keep them in the game is because someone needs to man the food stalls.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I don't play with them at all but they always get makeovers to fit my style a little bit better. I honestly can't delete the premades because I feel like they are part of the game hehe
    I'm actually posting all of the makeovers at my tumblr over here.
    he/him
  • SimposeumS4SimposeumS4 Posts: 78 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    The premades and townies are almost always secondary characters. I sometimes add in more that I don't intend to play .. just put them in houses for extras.. they can be sims my friends will make friends with, have in their clubs... background mostly. If my sims get to know them well enough and it feels right they might become a main character .. usually by moving them in.
    They also serve as the victims when I engage in deviant play. I've played with most of the premades in many ways .. poor things. I do have favorites but that's mostly the ones my sims come in contact with more frequently because of where I tend to make them live.

The premades are lot of fun to mess with. I have particular fun with Cassandra & Don. In previous games I followed their romantic relationships but now I usually have her marry either Don or the Landgrabb son (I forgot his name and don't feel like looking it up lol). Then she usually has an affair with another woman. That's about as devious as I get to be honest. There's a mod that allows Sims to kill one another and sometimes I like to play with that. Do you have a sim or family you frequently attach to your created Sims?
    Busufu wrote: »
    I really like the premades that came with Get Together and the Vampire gemeplaypack :).
    I even play with aging of because of them, because I don't want to see them die :D

I really enjoy the aesthetic and CAS for vampires I just haven't had a reason to play them since I got the pack. The implimention of weaknesses and strengths was really interesting to fiddle with in the beginning. I want to make a story with Lillith and her man to play with them more but as far as actual Game Play goes, I haven't touched the system much. Once my Wonderchild is complete, I may find a vampire-based challenge to put them in if I'm still attached by the end of the challenge. Do you have a certain way you play with your vampires other than aging off?
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I evict them from their homes, then ignore them after that. The only reason I keep them in the game is because someone needs to man the food stalls.
    Haha, that makes sense. I was playing through the Detective career with a sim I made and this one townie kept showing up with cat-ears and I'm like --- 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are you doing, lady? I get this is simland and the cop career isn't totally necessary but jeez. I was trying really hard to play without cheats beyond fixing the bug that came up when you had a suspect who was also a co-worker but man, did I want to go into CAS and fix this Sim. lol. Do you refill their homes with premades from the gallery or do you make your own townies?
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    I don't play with them at all but they always get makeovers to fit my style a little bit better. I honestly can't delete the premades because I feel like they are part of the game hehe
    I'm actually posting all of the makeovers at my tumblr over here.
    I just followed you! I'm under the same username over at my Tumblr, so if you find a familiar username thats why. :) Do you prefer Maxis Match with your make overs or do you use the alpha-style that CC makers created?

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I play rotational, some of my own Sims, but also some of the premades (Goths, Pancakes, Landgraabs, Caliente, Rocca, the Best Friends Houshold). They are on the forth generation by now.

Some of the other townies I left untouched and simply use them as NPCs populating my world. The neither age nor have children.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited November 2018
    I use MC Command Center to make sure that the townies breed and keep populating the game. It's always nice to see how long they've come until several generations. It's always lovely to see the family tree and how everyone is related.

I even micro manage their descendant, using CAS to make sure that they still look like they're from the same family, renaming name that doesn't belong, and even sometimes re-designing their homes.

I also don't allow homeless sims to move in except if they're married to one of the townies.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad