Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashes at 5:30 ingame...? (Isla Paradiso)

Starting to have some really annoying bugs - for some reason, at 5:30 PM in isla paradiso, my game just... crashes. It'll stutter, then "The Sims 3(TM) as stopped working/responding" I've tried doing different things each save, cancelling actions - nothing my Sims are doing seems to be causing it? I have error trap and overwatch and all those handy mods, but it's still crashing, and I don't know how to interpret the files it creates upon a crash. This has happened about 4 times now, and I'm gonna do a save as to see if that fixes anything, but in the meantime, the heck is going on?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Crashes at precisely the same sim time indicate that something in the world is scheduled to happen and that is what is causing the crash. Figuring out exactly what that might be can be tricky.

If any sims are due to be at work at 6pm, it could be one or more of them spinning into a corrupt career outfit. Or it could be an overabundance of spawners in the world, or perhaps a sim you are not totally paying attention to is trying to give birth at that time and you are getting the infinite birth loop.

Do you have NRaas Register in play to properly control the Role/Service Sims, including stray animals, and NRaas Traffic to control the overspawnage of vehicles like celebrity limos? If you are using NRaas GoHere, do you have the most recent version so that its boat routing option is fixed? Does a MasterController Reset Everything run from City Hall provide any relief?

Also, hopefully, you are playing ciane's fixed version of Isla Paradiso or taken the recommended steps required to fix it up on your own; the stock version will never be playable for most of us (we've covered this in the past, I believe).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Crashes at precisely the same sim time indicate that something in the world is scheduled to happen and that is what is causing the crash. Figuring out exactly what that might be can be tricky.

If any sims are due to be at work at 6pm, it could be one or more of them spinning into a corrupt career outfit. Or it could be an overabundance of spawners in the world, or perhaps a sim you are not totally paying attention to is trying to give birth at that time and you are getting the infinite birth loop.

Do you have NRaas Register in play to properly control the Role/Service Sims, including stray animals, and NRaas Traffic to control the overspawnage of vehicles like celebrity limos? If you are using NRaas GoHere, do you have the most recent version so that its boat routing option is fixed? Does a MasterController Reset Everything run from City Hall provide any relief?

Also, hopefully, you are playing ciane's fixed version of Isla Paradiso or taken the recommended steps required to fix it up on your own; the stock version will never be playable for most of us (we've covered this in the past, I believe).

I can't quite figure out how to do a town reset, so I did resetSim *, and the game still crashed as soon as I unpaused it at 5:25 PM it's always between 5 and 5:31 when the game crashes. I don't know about Register or Traffic or GoHere, so should I download those? I'm on the base game version of Isla... 3 weeks into the save, and this is the only major issue I've had aside from the usual dive caves not working and bad routing with about 3 specific sims.
    edited October 2018
    Wouldn't be able to say what this has to do with 5:30 pm exactly, but the most problematic lots in an unfixed version of Isla Paradiso are Scott (houseboat), Medina, Los Amigos, Ichtaca (castle). They need to be deleted and replaced with something else if not fixed. The sims themselves are not the problem, they can be moved into new houses. The sims who live on these lots find it impossible to get in and out of their own homes, in one case there is a rift in the sidewalk/street in just the wrong place, at least one of them has bathrooms installed backwards, etc. The world as it comes is very pretty but a mess by any standards of design and the game can go nuts constantly trying to re-route these sims even if the player's focus is totally elsewhere.

If you have MasterController, the kind of reset I meant was on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Town > Reset Everything. It will take a good 5-10 min to run and is much deeper than the testingcheats console resetsim. But in this case it may just delay the crash or shift it around instead of fixing the cause.

Opinions on the other mods seem to differ, but I would never run any world without Register (Isla P especially though) and Traffic. To me those are just as essential as Overwatch and ErrorTrap. GoHere is more optional but it is designed to help improve world lot routing. Obviously you don't have an outdated version of GoHere if you aren't familiar with it, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hey @igazor , I've been having similar issues but in starlight shores, I have been testing it for a while and it doesn't matter if it's a fresh game or not it always eventually crashes straight to desktop. I've played without mods and cc and the game runs like normal but the moment I add my stuff back in the random crashes start happening... I got a script error last night from error trap, it kept repeating something about pizza that it was trying to destroy... Do you think if I reset the world as soon as I load in my backup save(I have saver for this reason) that it'll stop that error from ever happening?
    I also wanted to note that my mods are up to patch level and that repairing the game doesn't do anything but temporarily stop the crashes.
    Wouldn't be able to say what this has to do with 5:30 pm exactly, but the most problematic lots in an unfixed version of Isla Paradiso are Scott (houseboat), Medina, Los Amigos, Ichtaca (castle). They need to be deleted and replaced with something else if not fixed. The sims themselves are not the problem, they can be moved into new houses. The sims who live on these lots find it impossible to get in and out of their own homes, in one case there is a rift in the sidewalk/street in just the wrong place, at least one of them has bathrooms installed backwards, etc. The world as it comes is very pretty but a mess by any standards of design and the game can go nuts constantly trying to re-route these sims even if the player's focus is totally elsewhere.

If you have MasterController, the kind of reset I meant was on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Town > Reset Everything. It will take a good 5-10 min to run and is much deeper than the testingcheats console resetsim. But in this case it may just delay the crash or shift it around instead of fixing the cause.

Opinions on the other mods seem to differ, but I would never run any world without Register (Isla P especially though) and Traffic. To me those are just as essential as Overwatch and ErrorTrap. GoHere is more optional but it is designed to help improve world lot routing. Obviously you don't have an outdated version of GoHere if you aren't familiar with it, though.

A full town reset seems to have helped, and I installed the other 2 mods (not GoHere) just to make sure. Sucks, as I was diving at the time about to get a bunch of expensive fish, but oh well I guess. You're a big help, dudearoo.
    TayMeowCxx wrote: »
    Hey @igazor , I've been having similar issues but in starlight shores, I have been testing it for a while and it doesn't matter if it's a fresh game or not it always eventually crashes straight to desktop. I've played without mods and cc and the game runs like normal but the moment I add my stuff back in the random crashes start happening... I got a script error last night from error trap, it kept repeating something about pizza that it was trying to destroy... Do you think if I reset the world as soon as I load in my backup save(I have saver for this reason) that it'll stop that error from ever happening?
    I also wanted to note that my mods are up to patch level and that repairing the game doesn't do anything but temporarily stop the crashes.

I know I'm not who you asked, but for some insight - I'd add your mods in one at a time. I know its painstaking, but it can usually help rule out if one is causing a problem. I had to do it once and god was it a chore, but I found out the problematic one and replaced it.

I'd also check and see if your mods are using too much RAM or if your CPU usage is going through the roof.
    edited November 2018
    TayMeowCxx wrote: »
    I also wanted to note that my mods are up to patch level and that repairing the game doesn't do anything but temporarily stop the crashes
    We would have to see the script log, zipped if more than one to include, uploaded to a third party hosting site and a link provided to us at NRaas (not here) to tell for sure. But if it's a standard ErrorTrap Correction or Dereferencing Log, which is kind of what it sounds like, then no, those are routine and not really errors. ErrorTrap provides a fair amount of cleanup by removing shards of data that by the time it finds them are no longer useful objects or anything that belongs in your current world. These don't usually repeat or loop though, so again we would have to see what the log says in its entirety to be sure.

Do you have Overwatch in play? There was a bug in the game long ago where any world that had LateNite type bars in them had to have all of the bars replaced in Build/Buy otherwise any sim whether they be customers or bartenders who had anything to do with ordering pizza from the bars would get reset. The current version of Overwatch takes care of that so the bar replacements are no longer necessary, actually that's been true for several versions/years now.

An MC Reset Everything run from Town Hall is never going to be harmful unless your game is totally hosed (corrupt) to begin with. The worst thing it can do is waste your time if it doesn't help or if it just shifts the crashing to a different sim time. We always recommend that one be run every few sim weeks in most worlds as part of routine maintenance; these kinds of resets are less intrusive in the middle of the night when most sims in town would be sleeping/hibernating in their houses anyway.

Repairing the game on TS3 only realigns its Origin installation. It doesn't really do anything to the game files like it might with TS4.

@JayedTadaSkier - Glad something helped. And I do believe that is the first time I've ever been called a "dudearoo," that I've noticed anyway. :)

But I do hope that you have tended to the four residential lots mentioned. If they are contributing to the issues, they will only come back to haunt you again when their inhabitants try to get in and out of their homes the next time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @JayedTadaSkier - Glad something helped. And I do believe that is the first time I've ever been called a "dudearoo," that I've noticed anyway. :)

But I do hope that you have tended to the four residential lots mentioned. If they are contributing to the issues, they will only come back to haunt you again when their inhabitants try to get in and out of their homes the next time.

Hah, sorry - It's just a habit of what I call people. As for the lots... eehhh... no, I haven't touched them. Are there any guides / pages out there that detail what the problem with the lots is and how to fix them without bulldozing them and relocating the family? I really hate messing with that whole system, it's real sluggish and finicky to move and replace already existing families. Just a preference thing...

edited November 2018
    Are there any guides / pages out there that detail what the problem with the lots is and how to fix them without bulldozing them and relocating the family? I really hate messing with that whole system, it's real sluggish and finicky to move and replace already existing families. Just a preference thing...
    I think the Scott houseboat/port is a lost cause and I never got anywhere with the Ichtaca castle myself, which was a shame because it looks so nice otherwise. But this was years ago. Since then ciane has done an outstanding job of documenting all that she has done to make Isla Paradiso playable. Her ready to go save isn't going to do much good for an ongoing game, more so for just starting out, but the subsequent pages of instructions would help for the Do It Yourself crowd. :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

I can understand Edit Town being sluggish, but it shouldn't really be that intrusive to move inactive sim households around and bulldoze some lots. It's usually adding new ones and moving entire lots around that can give systems heartburn.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited November 2018
    Thanks guys @JayedTadaSkier I'll try your solution! 🙂 @igazor I mostly have nraas mods like master controller, overwatch (to also answer your question about if I have it) story progression, ect. I'll just have to go through and see what I can't live without and what I can and try to lessen the load. I've noticed my anti virus with ts3 running takes up 100% of my disk, I've tested this theory about maybe that's what's causing the issue but it only lessesns how long I can play until it crashes... I don't know if lighting mods will bog down my game but I'm using ddefinders lighting mod.. would it help if I sent you my computer specs? Oh, and I'm looking at that sript error right now and will send it NRaas mods way!
    Oh, where should I post the script error log at on NRaas?
    Also, I'm going to start a new game without mods and add as I go, thanks you guys so much!
    UPDATE: it's seems I might've downloaded a newer version of error trap... ☹️ I looked and the option for 1.67 is unavailable... I guess good bye error trap 😭
    Post edited by TayMeowCxx on
    edited November 2018
    (duplicate post, sorry)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited November 2018
    @TayMeowCxx - As I have already described, you would need to upload any script logs with which you would like assistance to a third party file host and provide a link on a new message board thread at NRaas (free membership required to post). Our new site's file upload mechanism intended for script logs is not functional yet.

The current version of ErrorTrap is v100. There are three equivalent variants available, Patch 1.69, 1.67 (Steam), and 1.67 (Origin/Disc). All of the mod pages currently say "Not available" as text in the wrong places, that's a glitch that will be sorted out shortly. The download buttons are the little icons. This is the only mod in our collection that requires a special variant for 1.69 as it is a Core Mod, the others (except for UntranslatedKey which is for developers) are fine and meant for both patches.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/ErrorTrap

NRaas mods are and will continue to be fully supported on both Patch 1.67 and 1.69. The next version of ErrorTrap, when it exists, will also be released for both patches. Perhaps we should bring further discussions of NRaas mods over to the NRaas site so as not to confuse others.

If you had an outdated version of ErrorTrap, older than v100, in prior then it seems likely that your other NRaas mods might not be current versions either. That could be worth checking on.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor I made a account but was unsure if I should make a new thread, so Im doing that now, sorry... No, error trap was too new for the patch im using(1.67), I'll see you and others on NRaas thanks for your help as always!
    And again, for the benefit of others then, there are no NRaas mods that are "too new" for Patch 1.67. I am on that patch level myself as is our developer. There are variants of ErrorTrap v100 for both patch levels on the download page which, other than accounting for the patches' different internal build numbers, are functionally exactly the same.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I may be wrong about this but isn't there someone who's made a copy of the Isla Paradiso world but without the issues?
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I may be wrong about this but isn't there someone who's made a copy of the Isla Paradiso world but without the issues?
    There is Ellacharmed's fixed underlying .world file. Those are great generally, but in the case of Isla Paradiso her fixes don't go far enough.

Ciane's version does. Again, https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    There is Ellacharmed's fixed underlying .world file. Those are great generally, but in the case of Isla Paradiso her fixes don't go far enough.

Ciane's version does. Again, https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

Ah good to know about Ciane's version, I will keep that in mind should I ever get around to playing it :D Thanks @igazor!
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @JayedTadaSkier - I use Shimrod's mod(s) to fix the dive cave issue which requires NRAAS DebugEnabler concurrently to keep the cave reset.

Shimrod's mods are at the Sims Asylum. You need to be a member in order to read and download. Here's the link you'll need to find his mods:
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/221-shimrods-mods/

Dive Cave Reset Fix is on the first page of his TS3 mods, and it comes in two flavors.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣