Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2018
    ciane wrote: »
    @iampes23 - Here's the haunted house I was working on this month:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9264447
    roof_up_original.jpg
    I was so very busy this month, so it didn't get the attention I had originally planned; but I'm still happy with it.

Very nice!!! DL to look inside and play with! rec

@iampes23 Very lovely and spooky haunted house for the season. Thanks again for sharing with us. I've got you (and everyone else here so far) rec'd.
    @suzses: Thanks very much!!

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2018
    5nd1sli.png

#208 will be up later today, and we're working on something special for you. Who's ready for a Showdown? :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    #208 will be up later today, and we're working on something special for you. Who's ready for a Showdown? :)

I'd show up for that! :D
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

Oooh I do loves a showdown! Ooooh oooh...a winter one?!
    ErZ3mIq.jpg

It’s that time again - time for you to show off your awesome design skills! This round, we’re opening up the wayback machine and breaking out @Anjubee ‘s White Box from 2010. It’s a blank canvas for you to completely decorate to your vision!

Well, almost blank. There are some furnishings in it that must be used in your final product. Those furnishings can be recolored and moved anywhere you’d like in the build.

The Brief:
    • All walls, windows and doors must remain in their places. No, you can’t move or delete any walls, windows or doors.
    • You CAN swap out existing doors, windows and arches for doors, windows and arches of the same size (1 tile for 1 tile, 2 tiles for 2 tiles).
    • You can change the color of any windows, doors or arches.
    • You can place the shell in any world of your choice.
    • Equal attention in judging will be given to interior design, landscaping, and architectural design.
    • You cannot add onto the existing building, but you can add other, unattached buildings to the lot if you wish (ex. potting shed, gazebo etc.)
    • Total Budget = 140,000 (shell + additions = 140,000 max)

So, get busy and show off what you can do!!! :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    aricarai wrote: »

Sorry it's not winter, @aricarai Hopefully you'll still be inspired to enter :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    This round, we’re opening up the wayback machine and breaking out @Anjubee ‘s White Box from 2010. It’s a blank canvas for you to completely decorate to your vision!

Well, almost blank. There are some furnishings in it that must be used in your final product. Those furnishings can be recolored and moved anywhere you’d like in the build.

So, basically it's the Monotone lot with everything colored to white?
    Which furnishings must stay in the final product?

I'm happy it's a fall design. Fall is gorgeous!

Sorry it's not winter, @aricarai Hopefully you'll still be inspired to enter :)

I'm a dope! I see it's November and I'm already in holiday mode! I do love to decorate...let's take a look at this white box!
    edited November 2018
    Can we change the roof design @BuildnShare?
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited November 2018
    How exciting! 😃 I’m not in game but iirc this house has two tiles of fence indoors... if they’re still there, can we delete or replace the fence? Or do they count as walls?

Same for outdoor fences, we can delete those, yes?

Does the furniture have to stay in the same room it’s currently in or can we move it as long as it stays in the house? (sorry, just saw that this question has already been answered)

Fall isn’t my favourite theme but hey ho, it’s a nice, fairly small project, I’ll see if I can get stuck into this :)
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited November 2018
    Actually... just re-read and wondering if I’ve misinterpreted the title as the theme? Does it have to be fall themed or anything we desire?

Sorry for all the questions 🙈
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited November 2018
    OK, I understand that all existing walls, windows and doors must remain in the same place and same size, but can you add something like an additional wall or door? (like an interior wall or an additional door to the outside?)

More questions, sorry :p . . .

Friezes OK?
    Does lot size need to stay the same? (I have my eye on one that I think is 25x30. I could bulldoze it and replace with 20x30, but it would work nicely as is.)
    Is it OK to place something like a pergola against siding of existing structure, or does it need to be separated from it?
    Post edited by suzses on
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited November 2018

I'm happy it's a fall design. Fall is gorgeous!

@ciane You are correct! It's just the Monotone in white. As far as I can see all the furniture is still there. Even the kitchen and bath are intact.
    The only thing missing are those fences inside the front door.

I am confused...do we have to keep all the furniture?

I also have all the questions @suzses asked. Plus -

1. can we change the outer wall coverings
    2. can we get rid of the planters
    3. can we add a door to the backyard, a fireplace, half walls or even fences inside.

I think I will have trouble spending all that money if we have to keep all the existing furniture.
    My Monotone house has a different table in it. It's the cheapest one that has a wood top on a metal pole rather than the round wooden table I see in the pic on the upload. So, there might be some other subtle changes made. I guess I'll have to download the whitewash version just to be safe.

And, I'm guessing now that the intent really is to keep all the furnishings in the uploaded version and see how everyone recolors them differently. It'll be interesting.
    edited November 2018
    So I know this will echo many of the questions already but...

Roof changes? Can we build any decorative features like towers or gables above the main floor (i.e. add walls) provided it does not add any accessible floor space?

Can we add columns and fences inside? Outside for roof support or trellises? Delete existing fence pieces outside? Does the 1 square wall column count as part of the house or can it count as part of a separate structure if we remove that part of the roof?

The house is fully furnished - was the intention to keep everything inside or only certain specified pieces of furniture?

Just to clarify, a 1 tile door can be changed out for another 1 tile door, 1 tile arch, or 1 tile window? Or is it intended to mean a 1 tile door can be swapped only for another 1 tile door?
    Can we move the driveway?
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    ciane wrote: »

There are a few other minor changes to the lot besides the colors, so please use the provided lot unless you aren't able to add houses to your game.
    All the furnishings must stay, but it's up to you where you put them and how you recolor them.
    suzses wrote: »
    Can we move the driveway?

Absolutely!
    So I know this will echo many of the questions already but...

Roof changes? Can we build any decorative features like towers or gables above the main floor (i.e. add walls) provided it does not add any accessible floor space?
    Can we add columns and fences inside? Outside for roof support or trellises? Delete existing fence pieces outside?

Yes to all of the above :)
    Does the 1 square wall column count as part of the house or can it count as part of a separate structure if we remove that part of the roof?

It counts as part of the house. It can be recolored but not moved or altered.
    The house is fully furnished - was the intention to keep everything inside or only certain specified pieces of furniture?

I would say it's sparsely furnished ;) You can place the furnishings anywhere you want, but they all need to stay on the lot.
    Just to clarify, a 1 tile door can be changed out for another 1 tile door, 1 tile arch, or 1 tile window? Or is it intended to mean a 1 tile door can be swapped only for another 1 tile door?

Doors for doors of the same size and windows for windows of the same size.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Kgaff wrote: »

I am confused...do we have to keep all the furniture?

Yes - keep it all, but it's up to you where it goes.
    I also have all the questions @suzses asked. Plus -

1. can we change the outer wall coverings
    2. can we get rid of the planters
    3. can we add a door to the backyard, a fireplace, half walls or even fences inside.

Yes to all of the above :)
    I think I will have trouble spending all that money if we have to keep all the existing furniture.

Don't forget the landscaping :) And, you can move it to any size lot you wish. You're not constrained to the lot size of the original Monotone.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Can we change the roof design @BuildnShare?

Definitely!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare You and I have very different definitions of "sparsely" :D
    Thanks for answering all those questions. I did download the lot and install it. Basically, most of the items were the same, but the bed, night tables, frig, etc. were nicely upgraded to better quality ones. Yay!
    missroxor wrote: »
    How exciting! 😃 I’m not in game but iirc this house has two tiles of fence indoors... if they’re still there, can we delete or replace the fence? Or do they count as walls?

Same for outdoor fences, we can delete those, yes?

The interior fence pieces have already been removed, and you can delete the outdoor fencing out front, but not the "column" made of walls.

Fall isn’t my favourite theme but hey ho, it’s a nice, fairly small project, I’ll see if I can get stuck into this :)

It's our Fall Designer Showdown, but you're not limited to a fall theme :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2018
    I still had two questions for which I either don't yet see an answer or I'm not sure if it was the answer. :D

If I wanted to add a small piece of wall inside to define an area a little bit, is that OK?

Is it OK if I put an overhead lattice/trellis/pergola (whatever you want to call it) up against an exterior wall of the house where there is nothing now, or is that considered extending the house?
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    OK, I understand that all existing walls, windows and doors must remain in the same place and same size, but can you add something like an additional wall or door? (like an interior wall or an additional door to the outside?)

You can add, but you can't delete or move.

Friezes OK?

Yep!
    Does lot size need to stay the same? (I have my eye on one that I think is 25x30. I could bulldoze it and replace with 20x30, but it would work nicely as is.)

You can put it on any size lot in any world you wish.
    Is it OK to place something like a pergola against siding of existing structure, or does it need to be separated from it?

You't can't add walls or rooms, but an attached pergola or porch would be okay.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare You and I have very different definitions of "sparsely" :D

o:)
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top