Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to uninstall Sims 1...keep getting error...Help, Please?

I had Sims 1 installed on Windows 8.1. It was acting really strange so I went to take it off. It said it uninstalled but the Title is still there. It won't go away. Even though the game files are gone, the registry keys are gone...there's no sign of it except in the uninstall or repair section of my computer. When I try to uninstall it I get an error...Unknown error encountered...aborting set-up. If I try to install it again, I get the same error. I can't play it because there's nothing there to play.Can somebody please give me some advice on how to get it off so I can re-download it the right way? Thanks so much in advance!!!!
Loving Helpmeet To: Bryan (40 yrs.)
Proud Mama To: BJ - 36, Angel - 32, Kathy - 28, & Shaun - 25
Caring Grandmother To: Rafael - 9, Nadya - 7, & Bruce - 4

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

The title is still- where? Is it the start up icon on your desktop or what?
  • Donna6155Donna6155 Posts: 55 Member
    Check where the game program was installed to on your C: drive and see if there are any files in there. If so, try and deleat them. Restart your computer, then go look in the uninstall programs and see if it is still there.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm not sure about Windows 8 specifically, but I know the problem that I had in the past on previous versions.

In the Program Files (x86), there was a Maxis file that would still be there after uninstalling. I always had to delete that file to reinstall.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Windows 8 specifically, but I know the problem that I had in the past on previous versions.

In the Program Files (x86), there was a Maxis file that would still be there after uninstalling. I always had to delete that file to reinstall.

You're right about that folder (I've never understood why it would always be there after uninstalling the game); people need to check if The Sims has been completely removed from their computers to ensure they'll do a clean installation next time. I think the program File Cop helped with that, but I'm not sure.
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• kathleenn24kathleenn24 Posts: 2 New Member
    hello so i keep the old windows 7 especially for my sims 1 because i love it better graphics in my opinion, how do i uninstall it altogether then restart the whole game again because it keeps glitching characters and people keep getting trapped in the garden etc and dying and it needs restarting basically ; anyone know how to do this even though its been installed previously???
  • kathleenn24kathleenn24 Posts: 2 New Member
    need it back to the old goth family lol
  • thesimmer77thesimmer77 Posts: 33 Member
    Having the same problem. Specfically, I tried to play the game and it told me that I had installed another expansion after the complete collection (I hadn't) and it needed to update makin magic, it tried and I got an "unknown error...aborting"

Then, I tried to install it and got an unknown error, that it couldn't be installed, then I deleted the sims and sims creator from the maxis folder in program files (x86) now it won't let me INSTALL it, what's going on?