Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

Comments

• Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    There hasn't been any confirmation from what I've seen that the gamechangers and Kate are talking about the same thing. I think she's talking about the challenge which I couldn't care less about.
    And if SimmerJohnny was excited about something maybe it's something like spiral stairs that those poor builders have wanted for ages? Please Maxis, just give them spiral stairs so people can stop asking.

But if they are talking about the same thing I think it could still be spiral stairs...or maybe something else like the memory system from the sims 2
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    There hasn't been any confirmation from what I've seen that the gamechangers and Kate are talking about the same thing. I think she's talking about the challenge which I couldn't care less about.
    And if SimmerJohnny was excited about something maybe it's something like spiral stairs that those poor builders have wanted for ages? Please Maxis, just give them spiral stairs so people can stop asking.

But if they are talking about the same thing I think it could still be spiral stairs...or maybe something else like the memory system from the sims 2

The game changers said what they were talking about would be announced during the MM live stream, and Maxis says they have something to share during the MM live stream. While it’s not impossible that those are two separate things let’s be realistic, there’s only one mystery feature being teased.

I don’t think Kate was talking about the upcoming challenge. The infrastructure for challenges has existed in TS4 for years, there’s no need to keep that type of stuff under a shroud of mystery.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2018
    "Fun but small" "Lose my mind"

Sounds like a riddle... could it be, babies update?! :o
    I like the CAW or memory theories.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

Hm... Babies are small... some people call them fun... Good point! I don't care about babies at all, so to me this would be just small, not fun, and the only reason I'd lose my mind over it would be because I might have been hoping for something great and only got this instead. :D

But an update to an already existing life stage sounds reasonable and realistic. It's probably not a new life stage like preteens (which I honestly don't care about either :D ), because that wouldn't fit the "small" description.
    xamira99 wrote: »

Hm... Babies are small... some people call them fun... Good point! I don't care about babies at all, so to me this would be just small, not fun, and the only reason I'd lose my mind over it would be because I might have been hoping for something great and only got this instead. :D

But an update to an already existing life stage sounds reasonable and realistic. It's probably not a new life stage like preteens (which I honestly don't care about either :D ), because that wouldn't fit the "small" description.

Yeah... I thought that I want to decode their expressions, so, it fits the babies description :D. It could be fun, but, I'm sure I'll lose my mind over it too, because they are going to start making messes and crawling everywhere.. :s
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I said the same about babies. Probably in another thread. I'd be so happy if they updated them.*cough* also game changing *cough* but I won't get my hopes up.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Meh, if it's not improved babies I'm not interested.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    If it's fun but small and it blows the gamechanger's mind, then it has to be a clown car. :D:p Clown cars are small, and they are fun! And it can blow your mind when you realize how many can fit into one. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    What if the Game Changers are calling the feature “game changing” because Maxis is patching them into the game as NPCs? Like Deligracy and SimsSupply from the Get Famous trailer. That would definitely make them excited to be featured in the game. Doesn’t sound too far fetched considering they are all about hyping up the many ways you can be an influencer in real life and the sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Personally I'd be happy if the update is were we could bypass CAS when starting a new game. Sometimes I just want to play with the premades and don't want to add a sim to a new game. This was rumored to be coming out last Nov but it got delayed if the rumor is true.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    What if the Game Changers are calling the feature “game changing” because Maxis is patching them into the game as NPCs? Like Deligracy and SimsSupply from the Get Famous trailer. That would definitely make them excited to be featured in the game. Doesn’t sound too far fetched considering they are all about hyping up the many ways you can be an influencer in real life and the sims.

More likely those would just be going to Maxis on the gallery were we could download them into our games. I doubt their patching them in.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Doubtful. The YouTuber I saw made it clear it was something we'd actually care about, not just them.
    IceyJ wrote: »

Doubtful. The YouTuber I saw made it clear it was something we'd actually care about, not just them.

Oh I hope you’re right. The game is over saturated with influencers enough as it is. I will say though that there are a number of younger sims players that absolutely live for these simtubers and twitch streamers. Like approaching stan levels of obsession. That, combined with EA’s use of Baby Ariel to pull in more teen and preteen players and the CM collecting more and more game changers like it’s Katamari Damacy leads me to believe that there’s a possibility that this might be the great ✨~mYsTeRy~✨

A low percent chance, but crazier things have happened y’know?
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    The theories about CAW seemed plausible, but that doesnt seem small at all. I'm thinking it's going to be NPC burglars. I'm really impatient to find out though!
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    There have been no hints to this, but maybe making hybrid community lots?

For example you could have a lot set as both a library and a cafe, and the Sims who visit it will read and drink coffee. To me that would be game changing to an extent, and small since it would just require expanded coding for Sim behavior while on those particular lots - I think, since I'm not a programmer. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    I would so love to have that possibility to create new world on my own. The ones we have are too generic and pretty limited. We definitely need this on Sims 4.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

For example you could have a lot set as both a library and a cafe, and the Sims who visit it will read and drink coffee. To me that would be game changing to an extent, and small since it would just require expanded coding for Sim behavior while on those particular lots - I think, since I'm not a programmer. :#

I would love it if this was one. I have several builds that have nonfunctional parts to them because I have combined retail and food on a retail lot, as just one example.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Personally I'd be happy if the update is were we could bypass CAS when starting a new game. Sometimes I just want to play with the premades and don't want to add a sim to a new game. This was rumored to be coming out last Nov but it got delayed if the rumor is true.

Yes, that annoyed me, too. I had many different saves of new games and I got tired of having to go into CAS first. I needed/wanted to build some stuff first. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    All our guesses and then they reveal.... A new photo frame.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it's a real gsme changing.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    All our guesses and then they reveal.... A new photo frame.

Oof that would be a real game changer

This would be so useful! I have so many multipurpose community lots to save space but I can’t make full use of them unless I manually switch the venues in build mode. If they also allowed hybrid residential and community lots that would be great too. We could finally make apartments above shops and have real home businesses.
    Multipurpose Lot is a great idea @HowGreatThouArt 😊

What about the weather channel? (but it seems impossible since it will affect those who has the Seasons pack only).

Or, could it be changes in the school system in order for us to get ready for the next EP? 😆
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    > @Jordan061102 said:
    > I'm hoping for personalities overhaul.

I want this!!! A babies/teens/elders update/overhaul would be wonderful, too. But right now the lack of personality is dulling my gameplay.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Small but fun = doorbell
    What I would like would be the ability, at least, for Sims to walk around their own neighbourhood to visit nearby neighbours without having to go into a screen first.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I like the idea of the 'small, but fun' being about babies. Maybe they're still stuck to the bassinets, but they've given them a 'small' update such as; new onesies, new bassinets or colors/patterns for it, hair, a mobile lower to the ground they can actually bat at or perhaps a few new interactions?

If they weren't an object stuck to that darn bassinet I'd say maybe even an actual changing table to change their diapers/clothes that could be used for toddlers too. I loved that about TS2 babies. You could even give them a bath, in a sink or a bathtub!

Meh, probably never happen, but fun to think about eh? Just a very wild shot in the dark...

What I really think it is though, is a juicer or doorbell. Both small, but both game changing in their own way. I would absolutely LOVE doorbells or a juicer, but especially doorbells. :)

Now, the part where the game changer said we'd all go crazy for it puzzles me though, IF it's really something small. I had an idea it might be helicopters as a form of transportation instead of cars. It would make sense for celebrities to have them too to make their 'grand' entrances to events or a helipad on the roof of their mansions, for example.

Plus, we've seen helicopters buzzing around in the game already in a lot of the worlds. Airplanes & floatplanes too. I know, I know, it's all fake fx in the name of realism/immersion. *sigh*

But, well, all that's not small at all is it? Something like that would be HUGE! :p

I really think we will get cars at some future date though. Especially since they included driveways connected to the roads of all the lots in the new GF world. Hmm... maybe helicopters will be available for use in ALL worlds, but cars will only be available for use on lots connected to roads? I don't know, I'm really reaching (dreaming) here now. lol

Anyway, Happy Simming and have a great weekend everyone! <3