Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Story of Oscar and Louise

KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
edited March 1 in Nominated Threads
The Story of Oscar and Louise - Episode 1 is now up on YouTube

https://youtu.be/TBJL4UTuIMA

This one's a bit different. I got creative. Expect a bit of drama and added sound effects etc...

Please let me know what you think

BTW This one's all about Oscar - Louise hasn't turned up in town yet so he doesn't even know she exists. He's a bit glum. It's all about the back story and setting up for her arrival - soon but not next episode.

I also make reference to Gerty McFluff as her story is also set in Hidden Springs and I'm setting up both versions of Hidden Springs with the same builds of mine in them.

I've added a not to be played at all version of Oscar in the McFluff save and I will add a not to be played at all version of Gertie and her cats in this save too.

Just so we might get to see characters from each story around town occasionally as townie sims.

I now have all four of my ongoing stories begun on YouTube. I won't be adding any more for a while as I have plenty of work to do on these four. That is 1. The Isla Paradiso Bunch 2. Caroline and Friends 3. The McFluff Story 4. The Story of Oscar and Louise

Enjoy and Happy Simming
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I recognised Oscar and Louise from the household exchange thread and was curious to see what the story will be. Oscar's backstory is really sad, and his first day in Hidden Springs was quite eventful - space rocks, a mascot, a time portal, an ice cream truck and a firefighter on your home lot is a lot for one sim to deal with at once! :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I recognised Oscar and Louise from the household exchange thread and was curious to see what the story will be. Oscar's backstory is really sad, and his first day in Hidden Springs was quite eventful - space rocks, a mascot, a time portal, an ice cream truck and a firefighter on your home lot is a lot for one sim to deal with at once! :)

Thanks for the comment and watching the video. Oscar gets a bit frustrated for an episode or two then he'll cheer up a bit. Better not say too much just yet tho. :)
    Oscar and Louise Episode 2 is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/D4kzRZ1PSug

It's all about Oscar settling into life in Hidden Springs.

He goes out and buys a guitar from the Blue Building. Collects Suns from the Stones Throw Greenhouse. Picks wildflowers and skates at the Summer Festival. Meets a few new sims from around town.

We see an cameo appearance of Cheeky McFluff at the Bistro.
    Episode 3 of Oscar and Louise is now available to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/XQ32Tt7-5Yk

It is full of action and things happen fast. Some you've seen before but I've cut most of that out - picking flowers and collecting seeds - but other things are new for Oscar - building a pool and having a pool party for example.

You also seem him riding about on his Beast of a Bike. And have a look through the Blue Building - a Savvy Seller store I made years ago and have in my Studio.

Happy Simming

It runs for just under 30 minutes and you may not notice the time flying by as I've made this one really tight trying to get what was going to be two episodes into one.
  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member

@Karritz,

Happy Simming to you too, Ms. Karritz!

You have a lovely story developing here.

FIFTEEN children?!! All by one woman?! Oh my, dauntingly ambitious!

Looking forward to watching Oscar and Louise's garden grow.

Also, I did chuckle when seeing Oscar has at least one gnome already.

Here I was thinking I was the last gnome fan on the planet. Silly me. ~grin~

Glad to see your font, best wishes with your story. How grand!

~happy simming~

edited February 29
    @Aunza it's nice to see you. It's been a while since I've read a post of yours. I'm glad you're enjoying the videos. I do enjoy my gnomes. I even added one to the McFluff story just in case it didn't appear autonomously.

I'm working on the next episode of Oscar and Louise at the moment.

I'm introducing Louise to the story and, naturally, starting at the beginning.

Her parents when they first met, got to know each other and got married and she was born. Hoping to get the game play finished today to take the story up to the point where her mother is pregnant.

Her parents are Bluey and Lorna. They are country folk - Bluey more so than Lorna. He's lonely and she just wants a husband - not particular who it is she just wants marriage and a child so she will fit in better with the community in which she lives - I can't see the logic myself but then I doubt that her personality requires logic. A quiet pliable bloke will suit her needs best.

Bluey is an angler and spends his days fishing to support himself - and eventually his family should he ever have one. That should keep him out of Lorna's life sufficiently once she has him tied to her for life. And should provide her with at least a basic income to keep a roof over their heads thereby freeing her to do whatever she wants.

This episode will be them meeting for the first time up to the birth of Louise. So far they are romantic interests. I'm having a few problems though - I do have free will on so that's possibly part of it.

Problem 1. I want them to have some alone time, but no matter where I send them 'half the town' shows up on the lot within minutes. That probably isn't too bad an issue - it means I'll be using only short clips of it in bits and pieces.

Problem 2. Bluey has a mind of his own. For instance, I sent them to have some fun at a roller coaster park I built ages ago. It was the only one I have that could fit into an existing lot in Riverview. Bluey keeps running off to do his own thing. On one occasion I went looking for him and found him getting his face painted. Then it was late at night so I sent him and Lorna home. Lorna obliged and she played with the computer for ages. Finally I went looking for Bluey - he was still at the park sitting out front in a taxi. As I watched and wondered when the taxi was going to drive him home he jumped out. He wanted a triple choc something or other and I found him having an animated conversation with the barista bar attendant.

Here's a pic

Bluey_001.jpg

In spite of all of this I've got them to be Romantic Interests.

When daylight arrives I plan for them to spend the day together and hopefully have them married and honeymooned and maybe even pregnant today. Nothing like pushing it along.

It doesn't really matter how they get along together but they do have a few traits in common - bad traits but they have them in common.

I just want to get Louise into Hidden Springs with Oscar with a believable back story. Sorry it's taking some time. I had a day off on the 26th when I was out for the day. I did a bit yesterday (that's when I had the problems) I'm back at it today.

Happy Simming
    Post edited by Karritz on
    Episode 4 of The Story of Oscar and Louise is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/8kzQBRgg2LI

This one is set in Riverview. It is in the past - we find Louise's parents when they first met and the story goes on from there.

I suspect there will be at least two more videos focusing on Louise before we get her together with Oscar in Hidden Springs.
    Episode 5 of Oscar and Louise is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/TOhaXqD5hao

In this video Bluey and Lorna continue dating. They become girlfriend and boyfriend. Then get engaged and married. We do see the wedding at the Gazebo in town. They live in Riverview.

They then go on their honeymoon to Sunlit Tides. Soon after they return home they discover Lorna is pregnant and at the end of the video Louise is born in hospital at Riverview.

Enjoy

Happy Simming
    The Story of Oscar and Louise Episode 6 is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/XCkqfCqgd0Y

Louise and Leanne age up from baby to toddler and learn skills then age to child and have some adventures as well as learning skills. They go to Egypt to find a Rainbow Gem and have fun on the roller coasters at Sweetie Treats Theme Park. There is a big birthday party for them to age up to teen and Leanne prepares to make her imaginary friend, Rags real.
    I am currently working on the next episode of the Oscar and Louise story. I have got about (a little over) 9 hours of video to cut down to 30 minutes. When I've done that I'll be able to post it to YouTube.

In the meantime, here is the first in series of Outtakes from the videos.

It is now on YouTube and in a new Playlist just for Oscar and Louise out takes.

It should be a fun playlist.

This first video is all about Oscar's childhood and we meet him and his parents and see where he lives and goes to school - all in about 1.5 minutes.

Here's the link

https://youtu.be/Jfn4mFi0H90

Happy Simming
    Episode 7 of The Story of Oscar and Louise is now available for viewing on YouTube.

It's full of activity as I had to squeeze 9 hours of play into just over 30 minutes. I think it runs for 34 minutes.

The video opens as Louise helps clean up after becoming a teen. It follows her and her sister through their teenage years and includes a variety of activities. They learn to fish, scuba dive, drive and many other things. They enjoy an outing to the roller coaster park and go to a prom. We see an imaginary friend becoming real and the three teens all enjoy their teenage years together. At the end of the video they all age up to Young Adult and Louise leaves home to live in a different town.

https://youtu.be/7e2YB_fXDno

Happy Simming/Video Viewing
    I'm currently working on Episode 8 of Oscar and Louise. In Episode 8 Louise is a Young Adult and she moves to Hidden Springs where she intends to make a new life for herself. She meets Oscar and we see them together in the one episode for the first time. But, although I've recorded to video for this I still need to put it all together. What I have done is a very short outtake of Louise as a teen fishing at the wishing well in her Riverview home. The fun part of it is she is accompanied by the Pixies.

I've had it ready for a while and decided to load it because it has to go before I do another one of the Oscar and Louise short Outtakes videos.

In this video Louise catches a few fish but mostly it's about the pixies.

https://youtu.be/A_oDSHopuLg

If you'd like to watch a really short video this is the link. No narration - just the sound of the pixies at the wishing well.

Happy Simming
    Episode 8 of The Story of Oscar and Louise is now on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/yjuCpaqpBIE

In this episode the three girls graduate and Louise leaves Riverview to live in Hidden Springs.

We see Louise meeting the locals in Hidden Springs, including a rather interesting witch who lives with a lot of cats.

After trying Online Dating she joins the music career.

At the end of the video she visits the festival and bumps into Oscar who just happens to be in the music career too.

Enjoy
    I have now loaded the second episode of Oscar's childhood. This one is a little longer than the first one and we meet his entire family plus we see them go fishing in a nearby pond.

https://youtu.be/mz1dTj4_5cs

Happy Simming
    Part 3 of Oscar's Childhood is now on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/tyatNYl-7hY

As promised, Simone features prominently in this video.

Simone002.jpg

And we get to know more about other members of their happy household.
    Oscar's Childhood Part 4 is now on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/gQaA_jEx0bQ

Life continues happily for Oscar with his family in Erewhon.
    I loaded Episode 5 of Oscar's Childhood to YouTube yesterday and it is now ready for you to watch.

https://youtu.be/dbV-CidxmVU

Happy Simming
    Oscar's Childhood Part 6 is now on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/XxPuxFr1CL0

Gene gets the cheating reputation and Nola feels betrayed. I'm not sure how this happened but it did.

Nola meets a stranger at the library and invites them to move in with the family. Will she regret this?

Oscar and most of the rest of the household soon dislike the newcomer.

New bedrooms are added to the basement for the girls.
    Oscar's Childhood Part 7 is now on YouTube

I hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/XQZ5S09EamI

I'm now setting up for the next part of the story.

Happy Simming
    Hello again.

Chapter 8 of Oscar's Childhood is now on YouTube for your viewing. It runs for a little over 10 minutes. But I did some more experimenting with special effects so it seemed much longer to me at the time. But it is not that long when being watched.

This video focuses on the family but mostly on Noela's dilema with how to deal with the issue she has with Simone and Gene. She sees Fleur as her only friend and ally. In the meantime Gene and the rest of the family try to cope with Fleur in all of her nastiness.

I was planning to end the story with this video - but in the end I cut it into two and the next episode will most likely see things come to a climax.

I hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/GLHWfBcONtI

K
    Oscar's Childhood Part 9 is now on YouTube and available for viewing.

https://youtu.be/n9eVi2EixJc

Big changes are afoot. Enjoy.
    Today I'm working on the next chapter of Oscar's Childhood. This episode is 'The Aftermath'. Here's a pic to give you an idea of what's going on - I hope you've already watched the last few episodes because if you did, then you'll know what's going on here.

Oscar-The-Aftermath.jpg

Getting Ready for Oscar is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/9hn-qYAVaH0

If you're interested in Oscar's Childhood this video, while not part of the series, is my behind the scenes pictures of how I'm setting up my big game in preparation for the big move of his nhd file from it's own single save to the Big Game save. In the end most of the video follows Dan Steel around a few worlds as I link him to his extended family tree and you will get to see some of the Sims that will have an influence on Oscar as he grows up.

For you this is mostly a familiarisation exercise. You might be surprised at how some of these sims are linked.

Enjoy.

Happy Simming
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @Karritz RE: Getting Ready for Oscar, video 1. Wow! Erewhon under meteor attack. Poor little Oscar. Great background story. ...Moonfall Island looks like an nice world. I don't think I've heard of it before. ...Wonderful slope buildings. ...Love your hybrid sims. Beautiful. ...I like the idea of your mermaids living by the sea in an underground structure with the hut above. ...Dan is a handsome sim. ...I love how you keep track of all your sims, each with their own stories. Different personalities. ...Haley's autonomous story is interesting. Hooking up with older men. ...Fun household with the simbot and the mummy! ...Sally is pretty. ...Gorgeous scenes in Sunlit Tides. ...LOL at the dog chasing the postman. ...Dan had a lot of connections to make to build his family tree! A lot of half-siblings. ...Ambitious project to get so many sims related-- Patience's children. Cool. ...I enjoyed the video, the family stories, and seeing the different worlds you used for this extended family.
    @lanlyn thank you for your feedback. I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

Actually it wasn't difficult to get that huge family tree for Dan. All I had to do was link his mother and father. Linking his mother got most of them. Linking his father just added his father and his one full brother, Craig.

The hard part was knowing which world each of them lives in. But I have a spreadsheet to handle that and I do have most of the sims in it with their details including their world and lot address.

It turns out there won't be a part 2 of Getting Ready for Oscar. I started working on it and realised I didn't have anything much to do. So I'm now working on the next episode of Oscar's Childhood.

There are currently 13 worlds in the Big Game that Oscar has now been moved into. There will be more as I'll add them as I need them.

I only showed a few of them in Getting Ready for Oscar Part 1. But I think that was enough for one video. I'm going to use the same save file for the McFluff Story too. While Oscar and the McFluffs are living in different worlds they won't affect each other. I'll have to do something about stopping them from moving out of their houses though when they are living in the same world. Probably I'll have to work out how to use Castes.

I plan for Oscar to start roaming around in all the worlds in the save file when he gets older.

He will meet a lot of the inhabitants as part of his story. And I just got an idea while typing this. There are a few young sims at the boarding school who won't be going home due to disastrously bad parents. For Example, Percy Koffi and his wife, Lorna just ignore their babies and go out partying. So I'm keeping their two children at the boarding school. Eric, their son, is about to age up to teen but I plan to keep Oscar a child for a while yet. However, I think it would be a good idea for Oscar and Eric to become friends. And when Oscar starts his roaming maybe he could go with Eric initially. Eric is one of the grandchildren of Patience so he is related to just about everyone - not quite but his family tree is almost the same as Dan's family tree. They are both in it. So he'll be able to introduce Oscar to lots of sims in lots of different worlds. Never thought of doing that before. I was wondering how I was going to get Oscar to travel around and meet everyone since he wouldn't know many to start with.

I'll try to get the next chapter of Oscar's Childhood up today. Or tomorrow as I'm sure to get interruptions. I've already got the video put together I just have to narrate it and edit it. It's only about 25 minutes long so after editing it'll probably get down to 10 minutes or maybe 15. I had an issue with the final scene. I really wanted it in but don't want to have to redo it. And I messed up. I videoed it ok. But apparently I got interrupted and walked away and came back to it 8+ hours later and it was still recording. I've got 9GB (most of Oscar sitting frozen/paused on the floor with his Imaginary Friend) for about a 10 second scene - mostly of Oscar sitting paused on the floor hugging his imaginary friend - but don't think I ought to use all the video I have of it or it'll be 8 hours long and might take a while to load to YouTube. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top