Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    Probably would not have been my top choice for EP but it still sounds fun...resisting buying any new sims pack for me can be a big challenge anyway
  • Options
    JamofjarsJamofjars Posts: 21 Member
    > @Voldarian_Empire said:
    > Probably would not have been my top choice for EP but it still sounds fun...resisting buying any new sims pack for me can be a big challenge anyway

Same. They could literally release "Two chairs and a hair" Stuff and I'd still buy it :D
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    Jamofjars wrote: »
    > @Voldarian_Empire said:
    > Probably would not have been my top choice for EP but it still sounds fun...resisting buying any new sims pack for me can be a big challenge anyway

Same. They could literally release "Two chairs and a hair" Stuff and I'd still buy it :D

Same! Actually I would love a hair pack to be honest lol
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I agree. I don't even try to resist buying them lol ...it's been that way since I first play sim 1. Would I rather something a little different than Get Famous? Eh but I'm okay with it because there's never been an expansion or game pack that didn't feature something I found quirky and cool. I mean I would never have thought about a money vault as something I want but now that they showed it to me, I now realize how I urgently need it lol. Of course, since actual gameplay is a secondary thing for me, the issues other simmers have expressed like children not being able to act, doesn't really bother me since most of my time I spend building. And given the new patch with terrain tools coming and the new items in get famous, I'm over the moon happy with everything.
  • Options
    S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    What about drums.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I agree, @S1MSLYS1S__QARD I would love to see drums in this expansion too and a way to 'fertilize all' for the gardening part of Sims 4 it is tedious and time consuming trying to fertilise every plant when you have a big garden.

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    My one question is, can you still be a famous musician?? I don't see the point in the Hollywood/celebrity status for a pack if you cannot have the choice of being in either the film or music industry. This pack looks really cool with the film sets and what not, but it would be nice if we also got to perform on actual stages and have concerts, like in the sims 3. You start off at small venues and then work your way to huge Park concerts! Especially considering that there is the singing skill! having a couple of new instruments (Drums, bass, tambourine, electric guitar) plus the option to be a solo act or form a band would be cool. Even having the Performer/Songwriter career branches just like how in Get Famous there is the Actor or Director career options. Just a thought.
  • Options
    > @Movotti said:
    > I kinda like the look of this...
    > Was that a bit of sword fighting I saw? That's a thumbs up.
    > And movie sets? Another thumbs up.
    >
    > But
    >
    > No drums? Not cool! No bands? Disgraceful!! I want famous bands!!!
    > You know, share the fame with your band mates, or fight with them, kick em out of the band... or be kicked out and go solo. Bands could create so much drama!
    > Will there be a Rock'n'roll game pack or stuff pack to mend this gaping wound?
    > Or maybe they could be added in a patch. Patch the wound.

YES! thank you. totally agree. I just wrote about how there should be a famous musician career branch as well as the acting. It would make sense to do this in the "Get Famous" pack...like if not this pack then when?? I feel like this is a missed opportunity. Just like in the sims 3 there was the singer profession and options to play instruments with sims to kinda make a band. Like imagine what forming a band would be like for the sims 4....New instruments, even new mic options. Possibly the option to Audition for a band or even hold auditions to get new members. Getting to perform on stages at coffee shops/bar venues. Then Eventually you get to the big stage which would be its own new workplace just like how the film studio is going to be a new workplace. That would be so cool. Having new traits added to for stardom such as arrogant or humble which can affect your relationships with fans/press. Imagine even them adding PRESS, like getting to be interviewed. It would even be cool if they created like one or two "known" sim talk shows that you get invited to be interviewed on once you hit a certain celeb status in the game. It feels like there were endless opportunities here for the game developers with this specific game topic and it seems the it may have fallen a little flat. I know it takes a lot of time and dedication and theres only so much that can go into one expansion pack. But they could at least do the band/solo musician act. And Give the choice to enter the music industry as either a musician/songwriter or as a talent manager.
  • Options
    Here is my take: I feel as though the "Get Famous" option should have been a part of a game patch NOT an EP. What I DO think should've been the new EP is an "Let's Get Artistic" type of expansion. That way we could've gotten three new careers in the arts realm. Film, Music, and Gaming/Internet influencing industry. And the "get famous" patch would allow people to be famous in more than just the careers that come from the Get Famous EP. That way people can be famous Doctors, Scientists, Fashion Stylists, along with the Actor, Musician, and Internet Influencer/Game Live Streamer options. Like there was so much opportunity for growth if they had gone with the idea to create career in multiple industries for this EP. I was so hoping for the famous band/solo musician option with performing on stages, etc. A bit disappointed. Hoping my opinion changes once the Pack comes out.
  • Options
    Okay so I didn't realize till now that there is a music production station. This gives me hope for the music industry career!!
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Okay so I didn't realize till now that there is a music production station. This gives me hope for the music industry career!!

There has been a musician career since TS4 came out :)
  • Options
    I believe you can! Once you reach a certain fame status. I think I saw it in a video from the simscamp. I just can't post the link because im still a "new member"
    > @WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 said:
    > I wonder if we could have stage names. I would love to create an andre 3000 in my game😂
  • Options
    Yeah I know! I meant like in the TS3 how you can INTERACT with it like how the Acting career is going to be. I saw that there is a new media production skill so that might be cool. I also just found out that there will be open mic nights that sims can perform either music or jokes at so that makes me feel better. But it would still be cool if the musician career became way more interactive with the option to form bands/get more instruments and allows you to have concerts.
    > @MissSassy said:
    > Coconut27 wrote: »
    >
    > Okay so I didn't realize till now that there is a music production station. This gives me hope for the music industry career!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There has been a musician career since TS4 came out :)
  • Options
    > @MissSassy said:
    > marcel21 wrote: »
    >
    > MissSassy wrote: »
    >
    > Hermitgirl wrote: »
    >
    > Jordan061102 wrote: »
    >
    > simgirl1010 wrote: »
    >
    > Jordan061102 wrote: »
    >
    > kalaksed wrote: »
    >
    > lack of content? they went deep, not broad. just based on the stream today, you can see how much effort went into the acting career itself and everything associated with it
    >
    > i, too, would have loved some more traits (especially a fashionista one), but was absolutely floored by everything shown in today's stream
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you don't want to play with THIS career, there's not enough content to play around with. I mean you won't play 30 households with only the actor career.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wish they'd named it Get Acting. Sometimes it's all in the name. I think the primary focus of the pack is the acting career and where most of the game budget went and the fame/reputation feature is secondary. If I had to rank the features it would be:
    >
    > Acting Career
    > Fame/Reputation Feature which focuses on acting and existing careers
    > The new world
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Totally agree. I'm still happy about the reputation system, it looks great from what I saw in a video.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well I don't agree (on naming it Get Acting). Acting will be wonderful and I'm sure I'll play the heck out of it but not in every save. It will end up eventually being one more job eventually for me at least (hopefully that I'll enjoy as much as scientists long term). The Fame system however with it's Perks&Quirks, fans, bouncers, traits (lot and otherwise) and the Reputation system will be what overall keeps it impacting the game .. like clubs did... or Seasons and the calendar.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Agree. The name Get Famous is alright because there are other ways to get famous with the new pack. The acting career is just one way to achieve fame and it's the career they add this time, thus the focus on this PART of the new pack.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The thing is the other ways to get famous are already in the game.
    > just without the fame feature itself
    > we should of got at least 2 NEW ways to get famous.
    > how a proper career around bands/singer isn't in a pack about getting famous is just odd./
    >
    > does nobody in EA watch
    >
    > x factor
    > the voice
    >
    > etc etc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why should they add something that’s basically already in the game? Except for the whole band thing, you can have all of this. Want a singer? Let them gain the singing skill and raise their fame. The same works for all music skills and the comedian skills. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I agree that it is odd to not have a fully interactive Music industry career that allows workplace interaction. Just because the music career exists doesn't mean that they can't or should build off of it to make it bigger and better. It would be awesome to create music videos, form bands, perform at different venues when at different fame levels. I feel as though The film and Music industry are the two main visual art careers that induce the fame reputation. Though it does sound cool to be a famous Author as well, so I wonder if that will be a new option with this EP.
  • Options
    What I really want is a content pack that gives us way more tattoo options and gives the tattoo artist career. Like imagine having 50 more tattoo options, getting more piercings such as nose, septum, belly, etc. And maybe even a nail polish option in create a sim would be nice, I've been waiting for them to add nail polish!
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    What I really want is a content pack that gives us way more tattoo options and gives the tattoo artist career. Like imagine having 50 more tattoo options, getting more piercings such as nose, septum, belly, etc. And maybe even a nail polish option in create a sim would be nice, I've been waiting for them to add nail polish!

I would love this, being an alternative looking individual myself (head to toe in tattoos and a piercing here and there). I've managed to do this with CC and I love the look it adds to some of my sims.

There is a whole world of options out there in the meantime, but the career and stuff would be pretty neat. ngl.
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    Super excited! <3
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • Options
    NellionkingiNellionkingi Posts: 28 Member
    Can't wait!
    I’ll show you the dark side.
  • Options
    SimposeumS4SimposeumS4 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm really interested to play with the option to create new place holders for the employment tab. This is going to be so helpful and a great way to clean up some of the career mods I downloaded for that exact reason. It'll be interesting to see how this feature compares to Neia's create-a-career tool. I've actually emptied my game play adjustment mods to play with the game as is until after I've gotten to know Get Famous when it comes out. Do you guys think we'll be able to create posters in game the same way with all the stage tools and such? It'll be cool to see what story tellers come up with. :)
    [ Call me Oddy. Born in '91, Lesbian | Gamer | Tea Lover | Slytherin | Caffeine Addict ]

tumblr_static_1qgrli35ina8cg00gwswsokgo.png
    link sends you to my simblr
  • Options
    Sad_cat89Sad_cat89 Posts: 71 Member
    I still need so many other expansions! :D Super excited for this one
  • Options
    @Sad_cat89 I did a create a bundle recently and got 3 packs I've wanted for a long time for less than I would have if I got them separately so look into that on origin?

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    > @PastelMermaid said:
    > @Sad_cat89 I did a create a bundle recently and got 3 packs I've wanted for a long time for less than I would have if I got them separately so look into that on origin?

I started doing that recently, still, a lot of money to spend all at once, hoping my husband will buy me another bundle for my birthday :tongue:
  • Options
    Sad_cat89 wrote: »
    > @PastelMermaid said:
    > @Sad_cat89 I did a create a bundle recently and got 3 packs I've wanted for a long time for less than I would have if I got them separately so look into that on origin?

I started doing that recently, still, a lot of money to spend all at once, hoping my husband will buy me another bundle for my birthday :tongue:

True.. but it can save money in the long run.. like I will be playing with all the content in City Living, Spa Day and Movie Hangout that will give me time for hopefully Get Famous at Christmas time

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the ones I have now, so it's at least not too bad hehe.
    Do you think Get Famous will be part of the build your own bundle?
  • Options
    Sad_cat89 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the ones I have now, so it's at least not too bad hehe.
    Do you think Get Famous will be part of the build your own bundle?

Maybe after initial release? like give it some time so they rake in what they want and then it will be in the sales and stuff (I reckon)

"wahoo" - aquaman