Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    I also sell them, but maybe next time I should keep them :)
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I am now a bit stalled on finishing House 3 just because I played a full 24 sim-hour period and then somehow managed to quit without saving. A lot happened that day and I was too frustrated to play it over right away. But I'm about ready to get back to it and then share some photos of the three houses I've done so far if anyone's interested (they're all fairly basic but I'm learning a lot about building).
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Simpatsyann It's amazing how much you learn about building when you do the drifter challenge. It's a fun bonus that you get. I hate it when you lose gameplay save time for any reason - even I've forgotten to save when leaving a save file. It's so disheartening. I'm glad you're getting right back into it, though. House 3 is a fun one with that crazy cowplant.
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    @Simpatsyann Losing gameplay is the worst! Specially when it was a productive day :frowning: I hope the second go have some compensations for you, and I'd love seeing some pictures of your game :smiley:

And yes, as @IllusoryThrall said, you learn a lot about building with this challenge! Is one of the cool things about it :smiley:
    edited October 2018
    @Simpatsyann, sorry to hear you lost a lot of your game play! I hate it when that happens. I'd love to see your pictures!

@SalemSvartulv, I like the building part of this challenge too.

I love building. I like that this challenge makes you play in the houses you built, because often I don't get to play with my creations.
    If any of you want any building or landscaping tips, feel free to ask! I've giving some tips already to several fellow drifters.
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    I normally sell my gnomes but I decided to keep them for that house just to see how many I would get.

I hate losing gameplay! It'll put me off playing for a while most of the time. It mostly happens when I'm building and forget to save... I rarely built anything before this challenge but now I'm fairly happy with most of the houses I built. Not community lots yet though.
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    So this is something I've been wondering. Now that toddlers can sleep in tents, in house 2 do will still need to wait til they are children, or can we go when they are toddlers? Tho I'm pass this point, but thought it was a good question to ask.
    I don't know the answer to the question (though I feel like a part of the challenge is the time frame you have to do it before your heir ages up) but I didn't know toddlers could sleep in tents!

Though, to be fair, will they do so autonomously? I know older sims wouldn't when I did the challenge. Have they changed that?
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    I don't know the answer to the question (though I feel like a part of the challenge is the time frame you have to do it before your heir ages up) but I didn't know toddlers could sleep in tents!

Though, to be fair, will they do so autonomously? I know older sims wouldn't when I did the challenge. Have they changed that?

I have no idea, but seeing how that will be the only way the toddler will be able to sleep, I believe they will go to it on there own. I just know it was with a patch that they added where toddlers can sleep in tents, and since the rules was made before toddlers even came out is why it was made for the babies to age up to child first.

Personally I think with toddlers going camping with the family, it would make it a little challenging since your sim will have to worry about the little one(s) as well.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Is the house 003 thread the one that got deleted? I was going to add my essence count to the list but I can't find the thread.
    Is the house 003 thread the one that got deleted? I was going to add my essence count to the list but I can't find the thread.

yes and we never got a new one for it
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    illusie wrote: »

Awe, that's too bad considering it's the only one (that I know of) where we were tracking something. :(
    illusie wrote: »

Awe, that's too bad considering it's the only one (that I know of) where we were tracking something. :(

yes you are right
    edited November 2018
    I was thinking about stopping with writing chapters for my drifter sims, but changed my mind. I'm actually having a lot of fun at the moment with writing chapters.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Oh no! I was going to start this challenge over as I got a new computer and lost all my saves (other one died and I haven't had it fixed yet) and no thread for house 3? why did it get deleted? and has anyone got the rules for it perhaps?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    @Dglbr1969 Oh no, sorry you lost all your saves!

I have the link to her blog for the rules for house three. Here you go!

@illusie I thought about stopping a bunch too. But I find that I have more fun when I write it up, even if it's just a a little bit. Even if nobody reads it! I like going back and looking over all my sims haha.
    @theamazinglee, that's what I do too lol
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Thank you @TheAmazingLee I am off to restart this challenge!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited November 2018
    @Vihisha posted the following message on twitter:

🚨ATTENTION DRIFTER FAMILY!!🚨
    I am in the process of simplifying, revamping (again) and updating ALL of the #DrifterChallenge rules (Houses 001-024)! There ARE some changes!
    Also: I will NO longer be maintaining or updating ANY rules on the Forums
    https://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-drifter-challenge.html
    @Vihisha asked me to say "Hey" to everyone :smile:
    @Piazzagirl1015 she says she has finished the rules for the first 4 challenges.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @illusie Thanks I will check them out now I'm wondering if there are any changes for seasons.

@Everyone Oh I had an idea to create a house #25 for myself dealing with pets and a house #26 devoted to season but I really should make it past house 7 before making any future plans.
    you are welcome!
    lol @Piazzagirl1015 you sound like me. I'm already making plans for after the drifter challenge too! But I'm still playing house 15.
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    Oh boy now I will have to reprint all of the house challenges out again and put them in the notebook. ALL the FUN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top