Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perfect Genetics Challenge

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 1, Episode 19 is now on YouTube and ready to view

https://youtu.be/a1KIJjWW2R8

In this episode the little family is concentrating on toddler training at home - James starts school and begins learning his childhood skills. Don is at home taking care of the children while Olivia leaves him to it and returns to work.

Episode 20 will be up in a couple of hours.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @Karritz RE: Perfect Genetics Challenge, video 19. I'm glad that you reviewed the challenge rules and the couple's traits again. ...Interesting that most of the kids have Don's hair. ...Percy does look cheeky! So cute. ...Congrats to Cindy for becoming the heir. ...Sounds like the kids have a variety of traits. ...So Don's getting burned out with childcare duty. I don't blame him! ...The toddlers are so darling playing together in the playpen. ...Good job learning to talk, Percy. Don and he both look exhausted. ...Don works so hard! He's a dedicated househusband. ...Boy, those high winds with the rain! Quite a storm.
    @lanlyn thank you for your review of the video. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't think I could live in a place with the weather I find by default in my Sim games. Since finishing the video for Episode 20 I've gone into the Tempest mod and hopefully increased the minimum temperatures possible for Spring time and into Options to stop rain and hail. I hope that'll be enough for a more temperate climate for the rest of the videos.

I also have expended their house a bit. After the end of the video I'm currently loading I realised I needed another bedroom to allow Owen to have somewhere to sleep. And I moved the parents bedroom too. You'll see the changes in video 21 which I haven't really recorded yet. I'll start work on Oscar's Childhood tomorrow. I downloaded a lighting mod to help with that and I've written down lots of fog emitter codes that I hope will be useful. I watched a few of the fog emitter videos made by @SimEve and found them very useful. I need to watch a few more of those videos to hopefully find some more codes as I'd like some chaos in the next episode.
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 1, Episode 20 is now available on YouTube.

NOTE: This is the second episode posted today. Just in case you accidentally missed Episode 19.

https://youtu.be/jI8XBpSzHpA

Owen ages up to child. The household enjoys their new play area with Spring Riders, tree house, basket ball hoop and more.

By the end of this episode there are three children and three toddlers in the household.

Olivia is working hard at her career but needs to do more to make her boss happy with her.

Don would like to be working towards his lifetime wish but is still bound to the house with toddler duties so soon after the birth of Percy.

Enjoy.

Happy Simming
    edited November 2018
    @Karritz RE: Perfect Genetics, video 20. ...I didn't realize that toddlers could get their hidden Charisma skill up so high in the playpen. Depends on how many friends they have? ...I hate all that rain and bad weather that came with Seasons even though I like other aspects of the expansion. I have Winter, Fall, and Spring set to only 3 days each. I wish I could keep Spring and Fall longer, but even those seasons have bad weather. My Summers are 21 days. And I have rain turned off, but keep hail on, which gives me a little rainy-type weather, but it's not constant like rain is. ...Percy is making a lot of progress in his skills. ...Fun basketball scenes. ...Nice playground. Several things to do. ...Yikes! The sim struck by lightening and catching on fire. ...Cool scene with the ghost haunting the ghost gnome! ...Cute tag game. ...Happy Birthday, Owen! Nice traits. I like that combo. ...Fun seeing Owen on the bumblebee rider.
    @lanlyn I used NRAAS Tempest mod and eventually managed to change the temperature range for Spring so snow can't happen. I also went into game options and turned off rain and hail. I want some sunny days in this challenge.

The Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 1 Episode 21 is now up on YouTube

https://youtu.be/vE0_qAgDf5I

The main events this episode include Cindy ages up to child, Petal completes her toddler training, the house gets some extra rooms, pets join the household and the three boys and Don go on a festival egg hunt at the Spring Festival. I finally seem to get the weather under control.
    @Karritz RE: Perfect Genetics Challenge, video 21. ...Great playground! ...I hate all the snow in spring and fall! So annoying. I probably should look at using Tempest. ...Good plan to convert the bedroom into a neutral area for all the walk-throughs. ...Fun alien abduction scene! ...My homes tend to become multi-storied too rather than spreading out. And I almost always put parking out of the way in basement areas. ...Good grief, Olivia and Gary weren't getting along at all that night! ...Fun egg hunting at the festival. Neat horseshoe area. ...Happy Birthday, Cindy! Her future as heir seems to be at least partially mapped out already--destined to receive the Dislikes Children trait. Ha! I like her short hairstyle. ...Cute little white dog. Pets in Sims 3 are fun. Realistic too. ...Love the unicorn game machine. I don't think I have that one.
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Karritz RE: Perfect Genetics Challenge, video 21. ...Great playground! ...I hate all the snow in spring and fall! So annoying. I probably should look at using Tempest. ...Good plan to convert the bedroom into a neutral area for all the walk-throughs. ...Fun alien abduction scene! ...My homes tend to become multi-storied too rather than spreading out. And I almost always put parking out of the way in basement areas. ...Good grief, Olivia and Gary weren't getting along at all that night! ...Fun egg hunting at the festival. Neat horseshoe area. ...Happy Birthday, Cindy! Her future as heir seems to be at least partially mapped out already--destined to receive the Dislikes Children trait. Ha! I like her short hairstyle. ...Cute little white dog. Pets in Sims 3 are fun. Realistic too. ...Love the unicorn game machine. I don't think I have that one.

Thank you @lanlyn. I'm glad you were able to watch the video and give feedback.

I'm thinking I might put the playground area indoors eventually. That'll mean covering it up but not if it continues to work while it is outdoors. I think turning off the rain, which I've now done, might be sufficient. They've run out of money for now so it can't happen just yet. Fortunately for the garden I was able to do all the upgrades so far done to the house. I want to do this without using money cheats.

I'm finishing off Episode 21 at the moment. Then I'll get back to Oscar at the boarding school with Eric and the others. I'll still need to do some strategic moving of sims for a while as the boarding school has far too many sims in it. But that's another story.

The unicorn game machine was one of the Sim Point bundle mystery rewards. I don't use it often but it is fun to have. I thought with this household it would be a perfect opportunity to add it to the fun.
    @Karritz Do you have to use MOO to get playground equipment into the basement? I've never tried it before.
    @Karritz Do you have to use MOO to get playground equipment into the basement? I've never tried it before.

I have no idea. I was just planning to build a big roof over the top of it all if the rain didn't stop and the rain seems to have stopped - for now at least. I did turn it off in Options but that doesn't seem to mean it will stay off. Usually it does though so I can continue to hope.

The only thing I remember having to use MOO for to place indoors is the bee hive. And planting into the floor without the mats but I always use the mats now when planting.
    @Karritz I tried to put spring riders indoors a few times and the game wouldn't let me, not without MOO anyway. They'll go on porches and decks though if I remember correctly. I haven't tried to place any other playground stuff indoors. But that's a good idea to just put a roof over things.
    @Karritz I tried to put spring riders indoors a few times and the game wouldn't let me, not without MOO anyway. They'll go on porches and decks though if I remember correctly. I haven't tried to place any other playground stuff indoors. But that's a good idea to just put a roof over things.

I'll probably have to add a floor too or they'll get the unfinished room moodlet. It may never happen though. If I do it I'll have to make it two levels or more high so things don't poke through the floor/roof from below. I'm just finishing up the next episode now. Will load it tonight or tomorrow.
    Perfect Genetics Generation 1 Episode 22 is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/B79WqjbV2HQ

The children all go fishing together.

In this episode one toddler ages up - but we'll need to wait for the next episode to see them post CAS visit.

Some mysterious sim casts a naughty spell on on of the parents.

Explore the new layout of the house a little further.

Enjoy and Happy Simming
    @Karritz RE: Perfect Genetics, video 22. ...Cute scenes with Petal in the garden, especially with her flower trail. ...Nice fishing spot. Fun scenes with all the kids fishing. ...The family has a great home. Lots of cool paintings. Big nursery and roomy bedrooms for the kids. ...I agree about trying to do a romance with an inactive sim. They always seem to run off or not be available at all. LOL ...Love the little ginger cat. ...That crazy love spell! It can be dangerous to relationships. Good thing you saw that Olivia had been hit by the spell and could guide her over to Don. ...The ghost showing up for the party! Too funny. ...Happy Birthday, Petal! Eco-Friendly is a perfect trait for a plantsim. ...Sims choose strange places to eat sometimes. ...Nice ending to the video with Percy riding on the spring rider.
  • goldenwhiskergoldenwhisker Posts: 30 Member
    I've only just recently started this challenge! Can't wait to see how it goes :smile:
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
    @goldenwhisker thank you.

I have the next episode ready to load to YouTube. Just need to check it first. Its a bit longer than usual and will run for about 20 minutes.
    edited March 2019
    Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 1 Episode 23 is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/xnPGMEo0B1k

You get updates on the whole family in this episode. Some Imaginary Friends animate and their owners are delighted to actually be able to chat with them. Don, Gary and James have opportunities. Don and Gary complete theirs after Don makes a very quick trip to China to collect some relics, silver and other goodies as well as buy recipes. At the very end of the video Gary ages up to teen.
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 1, Episode 24 and it is now active on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/LNcDIuRCIiQ

You will see little Sophie visiting the family and there is a birthday party and lots of imaginary friends running around following their owners. None have become real yet but they are about to start working on it. I see them as more potential partners for the rapidly growing young sims.

Petal gets the 'When Dreams Come True' opportunity - but I decide not to let her do it. She is going to learn the make the potion on the chemistry table.

At least 3 of the children have made best friends with their dolls and are going to work on the chemistry table. Two others seem to be happily working on their relationships with their dolls, and little Percy just got the message that will lead to that opportunity if he keeps up playing with his doll so happily.

Olivia and Don keep on going to work. What I really want from them is the One Kelvin Fridge. Haven't had a sim get one of them for many years and it used to be the first thing I went for in every game for years.
    Episode 25 of The Perfect Genetics Challenge is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/IF1p1-2ODFY

It is fast paced and we get to see everyone in the household at some point. The pets feature early in the video. Toddler, Percy, ages up to child and has his birthday party after school. Some extras, a child and a teen came home from school with them this time. I've not noticed them before. Don gets abducted twice. Petal gets a swimming pool to help her keep hydrated.

That's about it for now.

Happy Simming
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Awesome video. Giggles, aliens must love Don! :)
    :) Smile!

Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: Awesome video. Giggles, aliens must love Don! :)

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Don and the aliens were a bit of a surprise. I was planning to move on to Oscar's Childhood next video but now I feel compelled to do just one more of Perfect Genetics.

The scary thing is that both Don and Olivia got wishes to woohoo with an alien. Im undecided what to do about that.
    Here's the link to Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 1 Episode 26.

https://youtu.be/QADAGxv8PYQ

In this episode Don gives birth to his very annoying alien baby. I think the baby would have preferred to have been returned to the alien world as it obviously isn't happy in Don's household even though it is keeping them ALL running to it all day and all night to try to stop the constant crying. It is a very needy child. Fortunately I managed to ignore it mostly but it does get a brief mention in the video.

Owen ages up to teen. Most of Olivia and Don's children are busily discovering potions because everyone other than James has an Imaginary Friend that has become animated and they want to turn their IFs real.

I've never before seen 5 imaginary friends in one household become animated and made real. This making real might take a while. I'm cancelling the 'When Dreams Come True' opportunities that keep popping up for each of them as I don't want them to spend all their time chasing non-existent rainbow gems. I'd prefer they use the chemistry table to work on their logic skill while trying to discover the potion to make their IF real.

Making-IFReal001.jpg

Olivia gets abducted a couple of times. And a few other things happen too.

The magic gnomes are starting to die. The Gnome of the Darned is now a gnome tombstone so there probably won't be any more ghosts haunting them from now on. Unless they go and find another Gnome of the Darned.

Magic-Gnomes001.jpg

I don't seem to have got any screen shots so I can't show you anything - but the most colourful part of this new video is when the three children and James go to the Spring Festival and the three children dance on the spring festival dance floor and are joined by Sophie and a puppy.

This screenshot thing is a bit puzzling as I can distinctly remember getting them, and even had to cut out the screen effects from the video but they haven't appeared where I expect to find them. Maybe I moved them. I did find the shot of the gnomes - I do remember moving it to the video folder as it appears in the video.

There's a bit of teenage romance too between Gary and a townie and also James gets his own romantic interest but I haven't seen her yet. I'm sure she'll show up at some stage - but I did manage to capture the first kiss between Gary and his romantic interest. It's in the video.

In the next episode Cindy, the heir, will age up to teen. All of her older brothers have now aged up to teen and Percy is no longer a toddler - he's a child.

Cindy-Child002.gif
    I just made my latest video available for you to watch. It's been hot here and I've been tired so it's taken me a bit longer than it should have.

https://youtu.be/do8PDgZ6fno

In this episode Cindy, the heir, meets her future husband. She also ages up to teen.

Martin, the alien baby ages up to toddler and they get a new little sister.

The entire household is being active and getting up to their usual activities. The entire episode takes place on their home lot.

I hope you are able to watch it and enjoy.

Happy Simming all.
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge Episode 28 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/txj4bPACD1U

Everyone does something in this video. Expect birthday parties, imaginary friend made real, sims working on discovering a potion to make their imaginary friend real, alien abductions, homework, dog training, toddler training and lots more. Enjoy

Happy Simming
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: great video. I like petals imaginary friend cosmo turned real. Ooo. Aliens
    :) Smile!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top