Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teenagers and Inventing?

HenrySpiralHenrySpiral Posts: 124 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Greetings, everyone!

It has been a long time coming. But after quite a while with no issues at all, I've come across a sort-of...Dilemma. You see, I've created a Sim. A female Sim. And she has a purpose-To become the greatest master of the Inventing Skill, this side of Sunset Valley!! There is one small problem, however...The game doesn't seem to wanna give her the 'Wish' to learn the Inventing Skill. And I tried everything today...I even made a mistake of putting the Going nuts Dog Moodlet onto her, thinking it would make the game throw the wish at her. Unfortunately, this only crashed my gameh! Fortunately, I had a backup save and I was able to start over from the previous point. But will my game even send her the 'Learn the Inventing Skill' wish? Or will I just have ta make her do it all by her lonesome self? Please...Let me know? Thanks, folks!!

EDIT: I nearly forgot to mention the female Sim in question is in fact a Teenager. Will this affect her ability to gain this wish at all?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I have no idea why a dog moodlet would help generate wishes, there actually isn't any way to reliably impact the game's dream manager (we are talking about TS3, right?). But maybe one of the LTWs reachable in CAS or by way of NRaas MasterController that involves the inventing skill would help?

Why does the sim need to generate the wish though? Can you not have them just learn the skill or is something blocking that?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HenrySpiralHenrySpiral Posts: 124 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I have no idea why a dog moodlet would help generate wishes, there actually isn't any way to reliably impact the game's dream manager (we are talking about TS3, right?). But maybe one of the LTWs reachable in CAS or by way of NRaas MasterController that involves the inventing skill would help?

Why does the sim need to generate the wish though? Can you not have them just learn the skill or is something blocking that?

Hi there. I just wanna see if the sim will generate the wish. I'm not sure if they can just learn the skill or not...o.o
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I love having inventors in my games, and in my experience the surest way to make a sim roll the wish to learn the inventing skill is to buy a workbench. In fact, usually all sims in the household roll the wish, whether they're Eccentric or not. The same goes for the sculpting skill and station. Sometimes it happens right away; sometimes you have to wait until the next morning. The only exception seems to be in an overstuffed household, where maybe only 8-10 sims will roll the wish instead of all of them.

And teenagers can certainly get the wish and learn the skill. Children can too.