Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Zatara1324Zatara1324 Posts: 1 New Member
    What I really want is farm animals. Farms and ranches are such a normal part of the human existence that it's weird to not have them. We can already plant fruit and vegetables, so animals are pretty much all we need. Chickens, cows, pigs, sheep, and horses would do it. They don't have to be as active as Sims cats and dogs or people, so that way it wouldn't crash if you had a few of each and a small family, I'd just adore it if they would move around and have some animations. The big city to farm trope is so big in video games for a reason, and I think it would be a popular expansion pack.
  • Sulliven9703Sulliven9703 Posts: 5 New Member
    I miss the game that only 3 optional traits can be chosen. It would be good if at least three of the great traits could be selected in each of at least 2. So 6 traits would be optional.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Bigger world. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    edited October 2018
    Can you please give players more creative freedom? I miss building my own apartments, Huge empty neighborhoods, actual retail stores with cash registers that were more than props, and restaurants you could not only own but cook in, It seems to me the franchise just takes more and more creative freedom from our hands and into the hands of the game designers. We are given huge neighborhoods that have been completely designed by the game developers, everything is set dressing with no interactions, it is pretty to look at but gives me the game player, nothing to do in the game. So I send my sim out to wander around and look at the pretty things but there is nothing to do when I get there. Like when I go to the "beach" I want to swim in the ocean or the lake and maybe get a tan or build a sandcastle like in the Sims 2. Now I send my sim to the beach and all I get is more set dressing. Beautiful waterfalls that i can see in the distance but can't interact with. It makes the game so flat and dull.
    I am trying to hold back judgment on Get Famous but to me, it looks like they have gone even further with the set dressing. Huge map with a tiny amount of lots for us to build on. The sets are all props so the hood feels like an empty wasteland even though we have the illusion of a city around us, it comes off as just that, an illusion. It gives such a disconcerting feeling as a player. Set dressing to the extreme, hardly any neighbors to interact with, a gas station but no cars for our sims to use, literally like walking onto a movie set...maybe that was the intention?
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited October 2018
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    why can't we pin all the whims, we can only pin the last 3. Would like to be able to pin them all.
    A lot of times the best ones are the first ones and they disappear so fast, before I can fill them.

I wondered that, too, but realized they are tied to moods which change rapidly just like IRL.

If I direct my sim to hug someone and then they become angry before completing it, the hug will automatically cancel itself. Seems more realistic to me, although an angry hug might be kinda hilarious. 😄
    Post edited by SimmySimian on
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited October 2018
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    How about a working gallery and a game that doesn't keep breaking every time some new content is released. All the other stuff in this thread is great and I would love to see it, but a good product is precisely what I want to see in this game.

I agree it seems like every time there is a new pack everything gets messed up.

You need better playtesting prior to release to get rid of as many bugs and problems. Having focus groups and going to market research companies to take surveys is great but playtesting is essential prior to release with a contract stating those playtesting won't use mods and or any CC during the playtest period. Have your playtesters play the way they would normally with the packs they already have at home. If they play vampires or aliens you need feedback on that as well. The job of the playtester is to find as many problems and bugs prior to official release as well as feedback on how fun the game actually is. Granted you won't find all the bugs and problems but you'll find enough to be acceptable with the official release of any new pack that comes out. Use the forum here to recruit your playtesters. I doubt any of us would be opposed to making the game better for the community and create a separate place for feedback that only your playtesters can access. Really listen to what is being said by your playtesters and fix the issues that they find. Better to move a release back and have minimal issues than to release it on time with all the issues we always get that could and should have been found by allowing your playtesters play the game without mods as they normally do. It's the modders job to see how their mods break it's not your job to figure out if it'll break the mods some of us use. It's your job to see if the newest pack you are working in will be compatible with prior packs and the base game. I don't want to get a pack for education for our sims that is supposed to be an official release and not have it incompatible with aliens and vampires. Or make it where we can't have hot tubs or it gives us the missing face or body parts.

Without using mods I have the missing face and missing body parts for my female sims after the release of Seasons. I found it funny as plum but still, it shouldn't have been an issue and something caught in a proper playtest.

As a Simmer, I could care less if the focus group is getting all giddy and geeky over the release. The facial reactions to me playing the game aren't as important as a playable game, I care about a playable game that isn't broken after a new release where I can't even play it because it is so broken.

If you do that you won't be spending so much time trying to fix everything because it broke the game without the player using mods and or CC
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2018
    My wishes:

1. Copy a style - often I want same outfit for Everyday and Hot weather and then make tiny changes in one of them. Now we have to make outfit the same manuly. Or if you want 2 sims in CAS to make the same thing or something like that. Please, add a button to CAS that will "copy" an outfit in one category (or Sim) to another category.
    2. Introduce Sim to another Sim - when one Sim can introduce someone else to (for example) their friends, family members etc. Maybe even more, like after introducing, possibility to talk about Sim who introduced them? Faster friendship gain after introduction?
    3. Crushes (similar to the flash icon in TS2)
    4. Turn ons and Turn offs
    5. Signs
    6. Strollers for toddlers - taking them on "walk" (similar as with dogs)
    7. Not to change sim hair color after they grow up (especially if their parent has the "salt and pepper" color - children often have crazy pink or whatever color, just keep it brown)
    8. Forbid accessories on non-played Sims (I have to take every Sim in my town in CAS just to remove crazy random hats, glasses, gloves etc.)
    9. Body freckles
    10. Round walls (just like them fences)
    11. Family to know every family member by default
    12. Slowdancing
    13. Total reorganization of a build mode categories. It makes me furious how chaotic it is. Especially decorations! Sometimes it's clutter, sometimes misc. In bathroom decor, you have only like half of actual decor items for bathrooms that are in the game etc.
    14. Owning multiple houses
    Post edited by Kolikokolitka on
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    edited November 2018
    This is a wonderful thread! There are so many ideas that I would love to see included in the game and I am glad to see a few have been added since the original post.
    What I would like to see included including the usual:
    1. Witches (Hogwarts-esque perhaps?),
    2. Werewolves,
    3. University/education pack,
    4. bunk beds,
    5. more instruments and the ability to jam together and/or create a band,
    6. spiral/L shaped stairs,
    7. lounge chairs, activities for the pool like water polo, swimming competitions, water noodles and flotation devices.
    8. slow dancing-especially if having a wedding ceremony and the first dance. Actually, having the sims facing each other when dancing would be a welcomed addition.
    9. More hobbies and activities for all ages.
    10. Make it so we can have a "live/work" space. I would love to have a family run business on the first floor and the family actually living on the top floors instead of separate.
    11. I love the idea of cars and all the game play that could come with them,
    12. A Farm pack-perhaps a world with a southern France feel that perhaps could include nectar making. I see rolling hills, vineyards, cheeses and lots of fragrant lavender.
    13. Sims actually react and investigate new items. I liked it when they would do that in TS3.
    14. Sims autonomously act like the personalities they have. In TS3 they acted very much like their personality traits. I didn't have to play out how they should behave because they were doing it by them selves. Of course there were parts of conversations selections that were dependent on the personalities but it was easier to become immersed in the game.
    15. Please bring back likes and dislikes, including personalities.
    16. Add the personality trait "Diva". Sims in TS3 always crack me up with this trait. "Neurotic", "Brave" and "Daredevil" are very much missed too.
    17. When a sim says something mean/rude to another sim, have the recipient be mad and stay mad at the mean/rude sim. They shouldn't be happily chatting away after that. If anything, the insulted sim should react according to their traits and either respond with another insult and escalating the issue, start crying, getting up and walking away, acting offended-something other than smiling and chatting.
    This is basically the first things that pop in my head when I think of stuff missing from TS4. I do like this game and I like the time and detail that is being added to it with each pack and I'm looking forward to what else might come to us but I do hope that most of the things listed end up making it too. :smile:
    Post edited by Winifred_Willow on
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    could we take 2 people to the hospital when giving birth-not just one person?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

We can already do this, though.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Cut down on the constant hugging and kissing....interrupts every thing all the time...skill learning....cooking...really really annoying.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

@loubyloulou I meant an additonal 2nd person besides the person gving birth and the ONE person you can choose. I want to be able to choose up to 6 other people since in stories I read-it's not just the father at the hospital but also maybe the one set of grandparents-to-be and maybe aunts/uncles to be (depending on how close the live to the parents-to-be)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I Think the way EA/Maxis represent Elders as all Crazy and in pain and talk to themselves, could cause teens to disrespect their grandparents so change this, please.

I would like that all Elders be removed from the game. Reason?

They are of no use, You just push them on us as employees, and they are the worst employees.
    They all have the same personality, they are all crazy and talk to themselves, and in back pain.
    I do understand why you made a mess of the Elders, Its because when you first made the game you wanted them to die soon, But now most take aging off so the world is now overpopulated with your spawned crazy elders. Yes, they belong to EA/Maxis Your spawning townies is getting out of control, SO stop, please.

What I want in the Placement of our useless Elders is.

Older Adults,

They would still work at their jobs but have higher positions.
    They will have salt and pepper hair or just a little gray around the edges.
    and they will be from the age 50 to 60 years old.
    They will not be crazy but have the same traits as before.
    They will be Grandparents and Know their grandkids, come and visit them, also Grandchildren will go and visit their grandparents. They will be totally normal, Their life would be the same but they will have more money. Well, most, it's up to us simmers how much.

They mostly will go on more vacations, Sometimes taking the family with them.

Their family will call ask for advice more often, and sometimes a troubled teen may go and stay with them for a while.

Also, I want kids not to go to school year-round but have at least 4 sims weeks off.

We promise to buy Get Famous, But then you have to promise to fix a few things, and kill some bugs. and most of all Stop breaking things :s
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2018
    To socialize while building skills.

Music bands club.

For an education EP/GP:

Magic school (if you add witches)
    Build you own school feature: choose type of school (private school, boarding school, university, highschool etc.) and choose your own courses (economics, arts (music/dancing/painting, math, history, philosophy, science, astronomy, PE, physics, biology, geology, literature, technology, languages, geography etc. ) assignments and multidisciplinary for studious sims. Active education career and babysitter profession, outdoor classrooms, online classes, extracurricular activities for child/teen/YA (music bands, choir, ballet/dance,arts etc.), S2 style sororities/fraternities, part-time jobs, homeschooling, roommate NPCs, scholarships, uniforms, a student exchange program, elders being able to go to universities, school buses, bicycles and cars. Also a build your own dorms feature.

Option to disable things we don't want in the game: supernaturals, seasons, technology etc.

New career branches to existing careers.

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

@loubyloulou I meant an additonal 2nd person besides the person gving birth and the ONE person you can choose. I want to be able to choose up to 6 other people since in stories I read-it's not just the father at the hospital but also maybe the one set of grandparents-to-be and maybe aunts/uncles to be (depending on how close the live to the parents-to-be)

Oh, I see. I've only ever taken the pregnant Sim and their partner to the hospital. But yes, it would be good if you could take more than one extra.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I Think the way EA/Maxis represent Elders as all Crazy and in pain and talk to themselves, could cause teens to disrespect their grandparents so change this, please.

I would like that all Elders be removed from the game. Reason?

They are of no use, You just push them on us as employees, and they are the worst employees.
    They all have the same personality, they are all crazy and talk to themselves, and in back pain.
    I do understand why you made a mess of the Elders, Its because when you first made the game you wanted them to die soon, But now most take aging off so the world is now overpopulated with your spawned crazy elders. Yes, they belong to EA/Maxis Your spawning townies is getting out of control, SO stop, please.

What I want in the Placement of our useless Elders is.

Older Adults,

They would still work at their jobs but have higher positions.
    They will have salt and pepper hair or just a little gray around the edges.
    and they will be from the age 50 to 60 years old.
    They will not be crazy but have the same traits as before.
    They will be Grandparents and Know their grandkids, come and visit them, also Grandchildren will go and visit their grandparents. They will be totally normal, Their life would be the same but they will have more money. Well, most, it's up to us simmers how much.

They mostly will go on more vacations, Sometimes taking the family with them.

Their family will call ask for advice more often, and sometimes a troubled teen may go and stay with them for a while.

Also, I want kids not to go to school year-round but have at least 4 sims weeks off.

We promise to buy Get Famous, But then you have to promise to fix a few things, and kill some bugs. and most of all Stop breaking things :s

Or they can keep elders and rework them into some of the descriptions you have given. I too think they need to do something about elders. I don't think it's a wise move to completely get rid of elders. We all grow old before we die and, since this is a life simulator, it would make no sense to go from adult to older adult and die after that especially if you only want them to be from age 50-60. I do agree with a lot of what you said. Grandparents should know their grandchildren, UNLESS, they didn't get along well with their own children. For instance, let's say a sim left home as a teen because they didn't get along with their parents and they grow up and have a family and don't want their kids to know about their grandparents, thus according to that storyline they, the grandparents, wouldn't know of their grandchildren. And during retirement, I know a lot of people who vacation and who take their grandkids in over the summer so they should be well established but that also depends on the player and their story.

also, we shouldn't be promising them anything :wink: . We've already paid for at least the base game others most of it if not all of it. Their job is to make sure they're selling a quality product or face the issue of losing customers. I know for a fact I'm not promising them a darn thing until my game is fixed. Until then they will be lucky if I decide to continue to purchase their products.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Seasonal clothing.

I cannot stress this enough: Seasonal clothing.

I am right in the middle of dressing my townies in summer and winter rags (because nobody updated the pre-made sims after Seasons came out), and the lack of seasonal clothing is frustrating. Even with 17 expansion/gameplay/stuff packs there are only 6 winter styles for females, three of which aren't suitable for cold weather at all. I would have expected that area to be covered with the 40.00 buck Season expansion, my willingness to spend another 10.00 for a cold weather stuff back is limited.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Seasonal clothing.

I cannot stress this enough: Seasonal clothing.

I am right in the middle of dressing my townies in summer and winter rags (because nobody updated the pre-made sims after Seasons came out), and the lack of seasonal clothing is frustrating. Even with 17 expansion/gameplay/stuff packs there are only 6 winter styles for females, three of which aren't suitable for cold weather at all. I would have expected that area to be covered with the 40.00 buck Season expansion, my willingness to spend another 10.00 for a cold weather stuff back is limited.

I am angry that Sims don't change inside. They wear their "winter clothing" at home as well. And when I change them into everyday and then don't keep my eye on them, they go outside without changing to winter clothing so they are freezing.
    Also - I don't understand why we have "summer" clothing (I belive that almost all of us gives the sims the same outfit as everyday) but we also have raincoats but no rain clothing so we have to change it manually again.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi Guru's,

As a very active member of Sims 4, I'd just like to mention how much I'm enjoying every aspect of the Sims 4 except for one thing. Gardening is a great passion of mine in Sims and I recently created a gameplay challenge called 'Shipwrecked!' Where I used the island in Windenburg on the lower left as an abandoned island where a Sim is stranded from a shipwreck! You can see it here. Shipwrecked!

In this challenge one of the ways to make money included selling garden produce under certain conditions relevant to the shipwrecked scenario in my challenge. I had a brilliant garden going and eventually, once my Sim was 'rescued' so to speak, I was able to get sprinklers, and hire gardeners, but the fertilising aspect of gardening is tedious and time-consuming. I see how you were able to rid all weeds so much easier now, so could there be a way to do a similar thing for "fertilising all" as this part is very disheartening in the game when you are trying to get your plants up to a pristine level and you have so many that it takes, in the Sims virtual world, almost all day where their needs become desperate once you get around to finishing all the fertilising. It would work if you harvested a regular plant so that the only way to fertilise the same way you weed is if you had enough produce in your inventory to use. You could specify which fruit or vegetable, that you had a large amount of in your inventory and use that for "fertilising all".

Please take this into account for a future update. Thank you.

kind regards,
    Jendowoz

• luluwinter2893luluwinter2893 Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be awesome if for children and teens there was a homeschool option, where you would be required to do two to four hours of school on the computer.
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    It would be awesome if for children and teens there was a homeschool option, where you would be required to do two to four hours of school on the computer.

Yeah, that sounds like a great concept to add to the game - but please, don't make it in to a Game Pack for more money, just update it to The Sims 4 base game.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    would love to see cars more choices in furniture appliances for sims homes more choices in flower beds like for exemple marigold and petunia flowers beds and different color rose bushes more choices in floor styles wall colors and wall papers as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Acutally I choose quite different clothes for everyday than for hotweather. As the Sims wear their everyday outfit all year, I mostly choose some long trousers and long shirt for that style. That being said, I'd love to have rain clothing added and I also would love to get more options for winterwear (maybe with a winter themed vacation pack).

Items I miss are:
    urinals
    toilet stalls
    bunk beds
    photo booth

I also would love to see some animations/interactions from previous iterations back:
    cuddling in bed
    make out on the sofa
    play catch

Bug fixes:
    Pretty please fix the away actions. When a Sim is on an active career lot or a community lot, the default at work actions for the rest of the familiy don't work, e. g. Sims won't eat or pee at school/work. On top of that, since the Seasons patch, Sims will occasionally just quit work/school for the day when you travel with another Sim of the same household while they are at school/work.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    One of the biggest things I'd like to see in the game is consequences to actions. For a game that is centered around our Sims emotions, I'd love to see Sims react when bad things happen. A spouse gets caught cheating....my Sim should not be able to have a "happy" conversation with him/her right after. Two Sims get into a fight....only 2 seconds later to be hugging. If my Sims are angry....I want them to stay angry and act angry....& not have some "happy" moodlet overpower the current emotion. I hate to compare/contrast a previous version of the Sims, but this is a great example...I will use TS2. A person gets caught cheating....there was the music of doom, the angry Sim would smack the cheating Sim, & there was this meter of fury...& some time limit that the Sim stayed angry. You couldn't even have a happy conversation with this angry Sim. The angry Sim showed up everyday to steal their newspaper, kick over the trashcan, etc.

Other things I'd love to see is more danger & random unexpected events. I think the dryer and lint tray & pufferfish death are great, but I'd love to see it expand beyond those two things. It seems like for Sims in danger....it's way easy to fix the problem. My Sim got hit by a poisonous dart in Selvadorada temple. He was an elder...and I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't get the antidote. My Sim was cured. I'm assuming you can die from poison....but is it just super rare? I'll use TS3 as an example....where meteors would just fall out of the sky and kill your Sim. I remember that happening and my mouth hung open for 5 mins, thinking 'did that just really happen'. I'd love to see danger and random unexpected events just occur in TS4.

Attraction System - I think there needs to be some type of attraction system for Sims. It's way to easy to meet someone, fall in love and get married. It would be awesome if it was a bit more challenging to build relationships.

NPC's - I think bringing back some of the NPCs that we've had in The Sims since Day 1, would be awesome. I understand that it's a balancing act of bringing back old content plus giving us Simmers new content. But there are some things that I feel is what makes The Sims the game that it is. & if its been in the game for every iteration, it just feels odd not to have it in TS4. So my NPC wishlist: Fireman, Burglar.

In summary, consequences to actions, danger/unexpected events, and even an attraction system....each would make the game more challenging. Overall, that's what I feel is missing to the game, as it's way too easy to do pretty much everything.

Thanks for creating this thread :) Great way for the community to share their ideas.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    I'd like to see some mystical creatures return like imaginary friends, fairies, mermaids, and witches/warlocks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top