Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    lenorca wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm not new to the Sims but have all these years just read the forums and found out I still have my 5 y o account in use so this is my third post during all these years :D Been simming since the beginning of Sims 1 that I think I have played most in the franchise, but Sims 4 will definitely make a close second. I tend to be a sporadic player where I can play the Sims for months and then suddenly keep a long, several years lasting break. After the Sims 3 I was a bit overwhelmed and didn't buy the Sims 4 until late '17. To be honest I was really sceptical to the Sims 4 at first, but in the end I have found it to be much more detailed and full of little surprises I love. I really enjoy most of the graphics and nowadays mostly play with normal speed so I can enjoy all the little details and watch the sims reactions to different events. I also find the soundscape in Sims 4 to be best in the franchise - love love love listening to sims visiting Granite Falls or getting a massage!

Hello @lenorca :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have started posting on the forums.
    It is great that you have been simming since the release of Sims 1. You would have special happy memories of fun times spent playing the original Sims 1. It is nice that you have you have returned to simming after a break from playing Sims 3 and are enjoying playing Sims 4. There are many special little details in the game, and it is very enjoyable seeing our sims interacting with their family members and friends. Granite Falls is a very scenic world! It is nice seeing our sims going fishing there.
    Happy simming! :)
  • JinehBoomJinehBoom Posts: 3 New Member
    hi everyone. im new to this forum and i am desperately needing help finding a specific cc by Domination Kid "otaku paradise" . i have been simming since the sims 1. i am very addicted to the game and i play for long hours. Can't wait to play the latest get famous pack ! :)
    edited October 2018
    JinehBoom wrote: »
    hi everyone. im new to this forum and i am desperately needing help finding a specific cc by Domination Kid "otaku paradise" . i have been simming since the sims 1. i am very addicted to the game and i play for long hours. Can't wait to play the latest get famous pack ! :)

Hello @JinehBoom :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours simming over the years, and seeing how the lives of your sims progress through the game.
    I am looking forward to Get Famous pack also! It sounds great!
    Bananas_45 may be able to help you with the cc if you would like to post on her thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922141/im-back-with-a-new-wcif-investigory-thread-requests-now-open#latest
    Happg simming! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • FideaFidea Posts: 4 New Member
    Long-time simmer here (I've played every iteration since the original SimCity, SimTown, and The Sims 1) but relatively new to the forums. I've lurked for a while, reading through threads and challenges, but only just started posting recently.

Quick About Me: I'm in the tail-end of my doctoral program and look forward to a career as a college professor (in Accounting). My final dissertation defense is scheduled for January 2019 and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I live in West Texas with a couple of dogs and a clowder of cats, but don't ask how many--just know I'm an animal lover. Beyond The Sims, I'm a long-time WoW player where I've been Priest-ing it up since 2005.

As for The Sims 4, I've recently completed my own painting valuation study with over 3,500 paintings. My findings aren't significantly different than you would expect--Abstract provided the highest painting averages over the long-term study, Impressionism and Classic had the highest masterwork percentages, and Surrealism provided the highest single-painting values. Many of you have probably come to the same conclusion, but it was nice to have the empirical evidence to back it up.

I LOVE legacy challenges, but I have a really hard time playing beyond the second or third generations. Not sure why, I just have a tendency to take a break from a game and never really go back to it. Maybe one day. It might help if I actually try to create a story. I love reading through all of the stories you've told over the years.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to seeing more!

Fidea
    Fidea wrote: »
    Long-time simmer here (I've played every iteration since the original SimCity, SimTown, and The Sims 1) but relatively new to the forums. I've lurked for a while, reading through threads and challenges, but only just started posting recently.

Quick About Me: I'm in the tail-end of my doctoral program and look forward to a career as a college professor (in Accounting). My final dissertation defense is scheduled for January 2019 and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I live in West Texas with a couple of dogs and a clowder of cats, but don't ask how many--just know I'm an animal lover. Beyond The Sims, I'm a long-time WoW player where I've been Priest-ing it up since 2005.

As for The Sims 4, I've recently completed my own painting valuation study with over 3,500 paintings. My findings aren't significantly different than you would expect--Abstract provided the highest painting averages over the long-term study, Impressionism and Classic had the highest masterwork percentages, and Surrealism provided the highest single-painting values. Many of you have probably come to the same conclusion, but it was nice to have the empirical evidence to back it up.

I LOVE legacy challenges, but I have a really hard time playing beyond the second or third generations. Not sure why, I just have a tendency to take a break from a game and never really go back to it. Maybe one day. It might help if I actually try to create a story. I love reading through all of the stories you've told over the years.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to seeing more!

Fidea

Hello @Fidea :) It is is nice to meet you. It is great that you have started posting on the forums.
    It is exciting that you are nearing the end of your doctoral program, and are planning to have a career as a college professor :) I hope that this last stage of your studies continues to go well.
    It is interesting to hear the results of the painting valuation study that you did for Sims 4. Thankyou for sharing the results with us :)
    Legacy challenges are a special part of simming! It is nice seeing the children of new generations, and how they differ or similar to earlier generations or siblings. I hope that your future legacy challenges go well.
  • summerfireflysummerfirefly Posts: 17 Member
    Hello! My name is Ashley and I've been playing the Sims since around the time Sims 2 University was released. I currently only play Sims 4 and Sims 3 ( I found the base game and all the EPs at my local bookstore for less than 30.00 in total!! ). In Sims 3, I just have a basically legacy in Moonlight Falls that's on the 1st generation. On Sims 4, however, I downloaded/made my favorite fictional characters at the time and do a rotational play as if they're all founders of a loosely-based alphabetacy. It's pretty entertaining. :)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone on the forums! It's been quite a few years since I've been active on here.
    Hello! My name is Ashley and I've been playing the Sims since around the time Sims 2 University was released. I currently only play Sims 4 and Sims 3 ( I found the base game and all the EPs at my local bookstore for less than 30.00 in total!! ). In Sims 3, I just have a basically legacy in Moonlight Falls that's on the 1st generation. On Sims 4, however, I downloaded/made my favorite fictional characters at the time and do a rotational play as if they're all founders of a loosely-based alphabetacy. It's pretty entertaining. :)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone on the forums! It's been quite a few years since I've been active on here.

Hello @summerfirefly :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been simming since the release of Sims 2 University, and are currently playing Sims 3 and Sims 4. I hope that your Sims 3 Moonlight Falls Legacy goes very well :)
    Your Sims 4 favourite fictional characters save game sounds great! You would enjoy seeing the different characters interacting in your game.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and posting about your simming experiences.
  • moonlightdusk56moonlightdusk56 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, I’m not sure what to say so sorry in advance for the rambling. Currently I am focusing on recreating every lot and every sim in my save. I deleted every sim and every lot and started from scratch. I love building and decorating. I also love all the fur babies. My youngest kitten likes to try to play sims with me. I’ve recently started recording. My son likes watching speed builds so it’s really cool and fun to be creating them for him. When my worlds are all complete and full again I am wanting to do a let’s play series but that’s not gonna be for a while. So yeah, thank you for welcoming me to the forums. I knew there was a community of simmers I’ve just been shy and afraid to put myself out there. I’ve been building up my self esteem and confidence and started sharing to the gallery which is what also lead me here! I look forward to meeting some new people here!! :)
    Hello, I’m not sure what to say so sorry in advance for the rambling. Currently I am focusing on recreating every lot and every sim in my save. I deleted every sim and every lot and started from scratch. I love building and decorating. I also love all the fur babies. My youngest kitten likes to try to play sims with me. I’ve recently started recording. My son likes watching speed builds so it’s really cool and fun to be creating them for him. When my worlds are all complete and full again I am wanting to do a let’s play series but that’s not gonna be for a while. So yeah, thank you for welcoming me to the forums. I knew there was a community of simmers I’ve just been shy and afraid to put myself out there. I’ve been building up my self esteem and confidence and started sharing to the gallery which is what also lead me here! I look forward to meeting some new people here!! :)

Hello @moonlightdusk56 :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have started posting on the forum threads, and very nice that you have been sharing your creations through the Gallery :) Simmers would enjoy downloading them and having them in their games.
    It is very nice that you are recreating all the lots and sims in your save game.It would be a lot of work to do but also be very enjoyable and fun. It is great that you have started recording your speed builds, and very special that your son is enjoying watching them <3
    It is cute that your kitten wants to play The Sims with you! :) You would enjoy having a simversion of him in your game if you have the Cats and Dogs expansion pack.
  • LisaMarie3003LisaMarie3003 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi my name is Lisa. I have been playingcthis game since the sims 1 came out! Love it and will always do !! Just starting to publish my work. Hope you enjoy
    Hi my name is Lisa. I have been playingcthis game since the sims 1 came out! Love it and will always do !! Just starting to publish my work. Hope you enjoy

Hello @LisaMarie3003 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims one. You would have enjoyed playing many different households over the time, and designing and furnishing homes for them to enjoy living in. Simming is fun!
    It is great that you have started uploading your creations to the Gallery! Simmers will enjoy having your creations as a part of their game worlds.
  • sparklilisparklili Posts: 29 Member
    Sul Sul :) this is my first post in the forums, so, Hi . I am Li (sparklili on the gallery) , I have played the sims games on and off since sims1 (3 was my fave but I have warmed to ts4) and I really like to just build stuff lately, it's like a creative outlet for me to escape from reality. I just received my first maxis fave and want to be able to nominate others (like a pay it forward). I love interior design, crafty things and music- if I was a sim my traits would be creative, music lover and either good or neat (I am a bit of a germophobe). some of the things I love: sparkly shiny things, sunsets and living on the coast and my babies :) xx
    sparklili wrote: »
    Sul Sul :) this is my first post in the forums, so, Hi . I am Li (sparklili on the gallery) , I have played the sims games on and off since sims1 (3 was my fave but I have warmed to ts4) and I really like to just build stuff lately, it's like a creative outlet for me to escape from reality. I just received my first maxis fave and want to be able to nominate others (like a pay it forward). I love interior design, crafty things and music- if I was a sim my traits would be creative, music lover and either good or neat (I am a bit of a germophobe). some of the things I love: sparkly shiny things, sunsets and living on the coast and my babies :) xx

Hello @sparklili :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have simming on and off since the original Sims 1. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game, and is fun at the same time! It is nice that we can bring our build and interior design ideas into a simsgame version. Simming is a great way to take a break from real life and all that day has been holding. Congratulations on your Maxis favourite! :) That is very exciting !
    Your traits that you would have if you were a sim are very nice <3
    Sunsets are so very pretty! They are very calming to watch :)
    Happy simming :)
  • sparklilisparklili Posts: 29 Member
    > Hello @sparklili :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have simming on and off since the original Sims 1. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game, and is fun at the same time! It is nice that we can bring our build and interior design ideas into a simsgame version. Simming is a great way to take a break from real life and all that day has been holding. Congratulations on your Maxis favourite! :) That is very exciting !
    > Your traits that you would have if you were a sim are very nice <3
    > Sunsets are so very pretty! They are very calming to watch :)
    > Happy simming :)

thanks so much @rosemow for the lovely welcome, and for the congrats , I was (still am) super thrilled of course . Happy simming to you too, and see you around the forums:)
    sparklili wrote: »
    > Hello @sparklili :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have simming on and off since the original Sims 1. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game, and is fun at the same time! It is nice that we can bring our build and interior design ideas into a simsgame version. Simming is a great way to take a break from real life and all that day has been holding. Congratulations on your Maxis favourite! :) That is very exciting !
    > Your traits that you would have if you were a sim are very nice <3
    > Sunsets are so very pretty! They are very calming to watch :)
    > Happy simming :)

thanks so much @rosemow for the lovely welcome, and for the congrats , I was (still am) super thrilled of course . Happy simming to you too, and see you around the forums:)

You’re welcome! @sparklili :)
  • ShadowRayne99ShadowRayne99 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello my name is Kara but you can call me ShadowRayne or just Shadow, which ever you prefer. I am new here to the forums as a member. I have been big sims lover since the first one that came out. I have played some of the older games on and off not as much as the sims 4. I am huge fan of the sims 4. I will always be a simmer forever. <3 Its good to be here. I hope to make new friends and post around.
    Hello my name is Kara but you can call me ShadowRayne or just Shadow, which ever you prefer. I am new here to the forums as a member. I have been big sims lover since the first one that came out. I have played some of the older games on and off not as much as the sims 4. I am huge fan of the sims 4. I will always be a simmer forever. <3 Its good to be here. I hope to make new friends and post around.

Hello @ShadowRayne99 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have enjoyed The Sims since the original Sims 1 was released, and are now enjoying playing Sims 4. Simming is very enjoyable, from creating sims household, to building and furnishing homes and venues for the Sims to live in and visit, and enjoying watching the sims living their lives in our games!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and enjoy posting about the sims from your games.
  • MidnightSalem20MidnightSalem20 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello. Call me Salem.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I've been playing the Sims series since 2002/2003. In fact the only reason I talked my parents into a computer in the first place was because I wanted The Sims Unleashed. I got my PC and The Sims Unleashed on the same day...only to learn a cruel new word: expansion pack. It took a lot of groveling for my mom to get be the base game.

Anyway, I've yet to play The Sims 4. Partially because my life is a lot busier than it used to be, and partially due to the fact when I have free time I'm still stuck in love with TS2 and TS3. I plan on finally buying TS4 in a few days though, I think. Maybe buy a few expansion packs too since I have 2 weeks off upcoming.
    Hello. Call me Salem.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I've been playing the Sims series since 2002/2003. In fact the only reason I talked my parents into a computer in the first place was because I wanted The Sims Unleashed. I got my PC and The Sims Unleashed on the same day...only to learn a cruel new word: expansion pack. It took a lot of groveling for my mom to get be the base game.

Anyway, I've yet to play The Sims 4. Partially because my life is a lot busier than it used to be, and partially due to the fact when I have free time I'm still stuck in love with TS2 and TS3. I plan on finally buying TS4 in a few days though, I think. Maybe buy a few expansion packs too since I have 2 weeks off upcoming.

Hello @MidnightSalem20 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since 2002/2003, and that you wanted to get a computer due to you wanting to play The Sims :) It is great that you started simming by playing The Sims Unleashed,
    It is great that you are planning to buy Sims 4 in a few day, as well as perhaps buying some expansion packs. I hope that you have a very enjoyable two weeks exploring Sims 4 and the packs, and discovering all the special details and features!
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the Sims 4 game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    Happy simming ! :)
  • JamofjarsJamofjars Posts: 21 Member
    Ok, so I've been a member here for ages, but rarely say anything. This account is so old, that it's even using my old alias. Hence my sudden activity, since I want to change it to fit with the rest of my Jamjars persona.

I've been playing Sims for years, and play almost nothing else :D Personally, I think 4's the best of the lot so far, but I can see why others prefer other iterations. Fav packs so far have been City Living and Vampires, since I use them all the time.
    edited October 2018
    Ok, so I've been a member here for ages, but rarely say anything. This account is so old, that it's even using my old alias. Hence my sudden activity, since I want to change it to fit with the rest of my Jamjars persona.

I've been playing Sims for years, and play almost nothing else :D Personally, I think 4's the best of the lot so far, but I can see why others prefer other iterations. Fav packs so far have been City Living and Vampires, since I use them all the time.

Hello @SimsandThings :) It is nice to meet you .
    If you would like to change your forums user name, you can post a request to change the name on the activity wall of EA_Lanna or EA_Cian. You are unable to change it yourself, even when you become a full member.
    It is great that your favourite packs are City Living and Vampies. It is nice that our sims can enjoy living in apartments abd visiting festivals.
  • JamofjarsJamofjars Posts: 21 Member
    @rosemow Ok, thanks for the headsup :)
  • TheSimsandThewhoTheSimsandThewho Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi I'm Kate I'm A Australian Who plays the sims series and my favorite band is The Who :) <3
    Hi I'm Kate I'm A Australian Who plays the sims series and my favorite band is The Who :)<3
    Hello @TheSimsandThewho :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you are enjoying Springtime in Australia.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers and enjoy posting on the threads about your simming experiences.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top