Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wishing well wont grant the career wish? Wont even queue...

Hello,

Just started happening in my game where every other command on the wishing well works, but the career one wont even queue up for my Sim? Yes, she has a job, lol, anyone else having this issue? If you are, have you been able to figure out whats wrong? I've tried deleting the well and buying a new one, closed out game, closed out game and then repair files, but nothing is working.. :(

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Is your sim in one of the careers which came with city living (social media or politician)? The wishing well has problems with those careers.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    and by extension, it has problems with the gardening career from the september patch since it uses the same 'work from home if you want' framework
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018
    I really hope the wishing well is fixed in the next patch since they're adding more of these career types. I've had the same problem with the work from home careers.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hello,

Just started happening in my game where every other command on the wishing well works, but the career one wont even queue up for my Sim? Yes, she has a job, lol, anyone else having this issue? If you are, have you been able to figure out whats wrong? I've tried deleting the well and buying a new one, closed out game, closed out game and then repair files, but nothing is working.. :(

Have you mentioned this to SimGuruNick?
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    I can't reproduce this issue, I have a Sim in the Social Media career and they're able to wish for a job promotion just fine, I get a message promising me I'll be promoted at the end of my next shift.

i6la0q6lnw6l.png

@Liciagrl929 Have you tried moving your entire Mods folder to your Desktop, to see if that resolves the issue? Thanks! :)
    @SimGuruNick There's more than one possible outcome though, right? What I've noticed is that some outcomes seem to process while others do not. It was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure that when I had this problem, I tested it with all mods removed, game repaired, etc.
  • Liciagrl929Liciagrl929 Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you @kalaksed ! I didn't realize there were issues with the gardening career, which she is in right now. Bummer! Hopefully they will fix this soon. :)

Thanks everyone!
  • Liciagrl929Liciagrl929 Posts: 22 Member
    I can't reproduce this issue, I have a Sim in the Social Media career and they're able to wish for a job promotion just fine, I get a message promising me I'll be promoted at the end of my next shift.

i6la0q6lnw6l.png

@Liciagrl929 Have you tried moving your entire Mods folder to your Desktop, to see if that resolves the issue? Thanks! :)

I don't have any mods in my game. But it looks like others have issues with some careers. She is in the gardening career which someone above mentioned has issues promoting.
    Thanks for the help though ;)
    edited November 2018

i6la0q6lnw6l.png

@SimGuruNick When I had a sim in the social media career wish for a promotion they got the message saying they would be promoted next time they went to work so long as they met all their promotion requirements (which they did) and they were not promoted.

Was the sim in the social media career who was promised a promotion in your game actually promoted the next time they went to work?
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)

i6la0q6lnw6l.png

@SimGuruNick When I had a sim in the social media career wish for a promotion they got the message saying they would be promoted next time they went to work so long as they met all their promotion requirements (which they did) and they were not promoted.

Was the sim in the social media career who was promised a promotion in your game actually promoted the next time they went to work?

Yep, my Sim in the Social Media career appropriately received a promotion like they were promised. Have you seen this issue more than once? Could you possibly share your save file with me?

Also, I was able to reproduce the issue with Gardening career not allowing you to even attempt to make a wish for a promotion, the interaction never even joins the queue like others said. But only with the Gardening career, it didn't seem to be a problem with any other careers that I tried.
    @SimGuruNick that was the one and only time that I’ve ever used the Wishing Well to wish for a promotion. I just assumed it was due to being in a city living career because when I looked online I saw other people saying it was an issue with the CL careers. Unfortunately this happened a while ago so I don’t still have the save file. I guess it could just have been a bug in general and not necessarily connected to the CL careers. Good to know that it should in principle work with the social media career!

i6la0q6lnw6l.png

Yep, my Sim in the Social Media career appropriately received a promotion like they were promised. Have you seen this issue more than once? Could you possibly share your save file with me?

Also, I was able to reproduce the issue with Gardening career not allowing you to even attempt to make a wish for a promotion, the interaction never even joins the queue like others said. But only with the Gardening career, it didn't seem to be a problem with any other careers that I tried.

I'm having this issue with the acting career. The interaction fails to join the queue every time I make the wish. Also, no money is received if you retire in acting. Every day, the notification says I've received $0.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I just had this problem as well. My sim is in the gardener career, wished for promotion at the wishing well, and it was like it never happened. Wouldn't queue or anything, no matter how many times I tried. Did all the usual fixes (tho I'll try again tomorrow, it's late here) and nothing seemed to help. Has this resolved in anyone else's game who had this problem, and if so, how?