Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swimming Pool Editor Crashes My Game

When i was editing a Community Lot, i clicked the icon for creating a swimming pool and my game crash to the desktop. I dont no if this happens in residential lot, i dont ever use swimming pools so im not aware how long this issue has been around. I've got WA and HELS and running on the 3.0 patch. Anyone else had this issue? It just seems like a totally random thing to crash the game. Ta for any help in advance, if no one has a clue thats fine, just thought i'd raise the issue to :)

Comments

• IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Many have posted this, not only with the pools but the basement tool as well. Happens on community & residential lots. I have a clean game & recently tested this & my game crashed to desktop as well when I tried either tool. So I am just not using them & hope it is addressed at some point. Not sure why some can use it & some not, or what triggers it to fail.
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi,

One thing you can try is to place a copy of the particular lot into the lots bin while in Edit Town mode. Once done, bulldoze the original lot in the neighborhood. Now place back a copy of the lot from the lots bin. The pool tool should now work properly. I would also suggest trying the pool tool with the Advanced Rendering option on (if inactive) or off (if active). Also, does the issue occur when using the pool tool on an empty lot?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • GurtypingGurtyping Posts: 110 New Member
    edited March 2010
    The pool tool works fine on an empty lot. I've tried the tool on a lot out of the lot bin and still makes the game crash. But its not a major issue, as IamMamainred said, may as well just not use it. Thanks for boths your help :D Its very much appreciated!
  • JTTwentySevenJTTwentySeven Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Ok, this is what you do. I found a temporary solution and it has worked for me.

First, you delete the pool and basement from the lot you want to do.
    Second, you Evict the family WITH the house.
    Third, you delete the house from its lot (not the one in the bin you just evicted)
    Fourth, place the house/family back on the lot and the tools will work!
  • LisitaLisita Posts: 55 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Ok, this is what you do. I found a temporary solution and it has worked for me.

First, you delete the pool and basement from the lot you want to do.
    Second, you Evict the family WITH the house.
    Third, you delete the house from its lot (not the one in the bin you just evicted)
    Fourth, place the house/family back on the lot and the tools will work!

This worked for me too...thanks very much for the tip!
  • pura1989pura1989 Posts: 1 New Member
    One thing you can attempt is to put a duplicate of the specific parcel into the parts receptacle while in Edit Town mode. When done, bulldoze the first part in the area. Presently put back a duplicate of the part from the parcels canister. The pool device should now work appropriately. I would likewise propose attempting the pool apparatus with the Advanced Rendering choice on (if inert) or off (if dynamic). Likewise, does the issue happen when utilizing the pool apparatus on a vacant part?
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing that @pura1989 :) I'll close this discussion off here as it's been necro'd just a twinge.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top