Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No special merchant in France! Please help?

Hello. My household finally reached visa level 3 in France after some issues with the adventures board not working. He became friends with the special merchant and after he bought a vacation home and the abandoned Nectary, there's no option to buy items from her. I can't see a special merchant anywhere in map view.

The castle he bought has this weird glitch, too. I didn't edit anything on the lot. The only thing I've done is place some furniture from the family inventory. There are bubbles floating up through the floor in one of the rooms and I hear a noise similar to that of a hot tub. I wouldn't mind the bubbles if I hadn't been having these other glitches. I'm not sure what to do. I'd rather not start a new game at this point. My vampire has the Immortal LTR, and I'm very attached to him. I've had this expansion pack for quite a while and this is the first household with all these issues.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There have been occasions in Egypt where I've been unable to find the special merchant in map view. Turns out she was at home. I've forgotten what fixed it. Maybe it was just waiting a day or so. Or maybe I reset her lot or the whole town with NRaas MasterController.

I've never had a sim buy the abandoned nectary. Can't help you there, sorry.
  • Blooming_LilacBlooming_Lilac Posts: 241 Member
    Thank you. I'll just reload and wait a day or two to see if the merchant appears. The abandoned Nectary is fine so far. I might just sell the castle and move there. The house on that lot is actually pretty nice. :-)
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    The Special Merchant behaves differently than the other special role sims in WA. For one, the Merchant roves and is not always at one location. Second, the Merchant knocks off at the end of the day (around 8:30 PM) and goes home returning to work at 6 AM the next day. That said the tag does not usually disappear even when the merchant is at home unless something has happened to cause the role to be reassigned. The most common reason that I know of is death of the previous merchant due to old age. That most commonly happens between trips because aging is off while on vacation.

My sims have purchased the Abandoned Nectary in the past and they have redecorated it extensively. I have never seen the errors you describe. It sounds like the lot is corrupted. Abandoning the game is a worst case scenario. You should try replacing the lot with a fresh copy at the very least. What you can do is start a new game and using Edit Town edit Champs Les Sims. From there you can save a fresh unaltered copy of the lot to your bin. Quit the game and while your sim is not on vacation (at home world) edit your current game's Champs les Sims replacing the Abandoned Nectary you have. If that fixes it. You can use the same procedure to make the changes you want to the Abandoned Nectary saving the redecorated lot to the bin and then replacing the lot in your game with the new one.

As you should do any time you make lot and town changes in your game you should use Save As after making changes or do not save at all until you know what you have is working. Using Save As you can always go back to an unaltered copy of the game if what you have tried does not work.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Blooming_LilacBlooming_Lilac Posts: 241 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    The Special Merchant behaves differently than the other special role sims in WA. For one, the Merchant roves and is not always at one location. Second, the Merchant knocks off at the end of the day (around 8:30 PM) and goes home returning to work at 6 AM the next day. That said the tag does not usually disappear even when the merchant is at home unless something has happened to cause the role to be reassigned. The most common reason that I know of is death of the previous merchant due to old age. That most commonly happens between trips because aging is off while on vacation.

My sims have purchased the Abandoned Nectary in the past and they have redecorated it extensively. I have never seen the errors you describe. It sounds like the lot is corrupted. Abandoning the game is a worst case scenario. You should try replacing the lot with a fresh copy at the very least. What you can do is start a new game and using Edit Town edit Champs Les Sims. From there you can save a fresh unaltered copy of the lot to your bin. Quit the game and while your sim is not on vacation (at home world) edit your current game's Champs les Sims replacing the Abandoned Nectary you have. If that fixes it. You can use the same procedure to make the changes you want to the Abandoned Nectary saving the redecorated lot to the bin and then replacing the lot in your game with the new one.

As you should do any time you make lot and town changes in your game you should use Save As after making changes or do not save at all until you know what you have is working. Using Save As you can always go back to an unaltered copy of the game if what you have tried does not work.

Thanks a million for the tips. I started a new household due to all the issues I was having, but if I have the same problems upon buying the castle with any new households, I'll try your suggestions. I didn't have any trouble with the Abandoned Nectary. My Sim upgraded the nectar maker in the barn area, but I haven't tried living there. The Champs Les Sims Castle is the biggest home in France, across the bridge from the home base on a hill. I threw a gift giving party and a message popped up stating that I did not have enough room for the gifts. I was surprised. That home is huge! I then tried moving the dining table, but the party still didn't receive any gifts. Good thing I had the Legendary Host LTR. :-P
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    @Blooming_Lilac - I haven't given too many gift giving parties but the ones I have have all dropped the gifts near the front door/entrance. From there I moved them to where I wanted the party. Perhaps the game requires the area near the front entrance to be large enough for the gifts. I don't know what you did with the lot but the front hall of that castle is one of the smallest areas. If you decorated it extensively there might not be space.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • HunnypoohHunnypooh Posts: 15 Member
    Did anyone ever figure out a solution to this? It's three years later and this glitch is still going on and I can't for the life of me figure out what to do. No special Merchant in Egypt haven't check to see if the ones in China or France have disappeared also. I think it's also causing the adventure board to not show any valuable Adventures other than item collection.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hunnypooh wrote: »
    Did anyone ever figure out a solution to this? It's three years later and this glitch is still going on and I can't for the life of me figure out what to do. No special Merchant in Egypt haven't check to see if the ones in China or France have disappeared also. I think it's also causing the adventure board to not show any valuable Adventures other than item collection.
    There aren't going to be any solutions forthcoming from EA on any TS3 gameplay issues. The game has been out of development for coming up on five years now.

I never have any trouble finding the Special Merchant using NRaas mods -- MasterController and Tagger are very helpful, and Register can be used to assign a new one if need be. But even without mods, do none of the tips provided here years ago help you find them at all? They could be stuck inside their houses when it's time for them be out in the market, perhaps the sim needs a reset (if you can figure out their name).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net