Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

inventory empty of fruits and veggies after switching households

This is the same title I used a week or so ago when this first started bothering me, but things have gotten so much worse I just have to share.
I decided to go with the flow and not be attached to what my Sims had in their inventory-try to kick my control freakishness. So I put some stuff in the family inventory, including the collection helper, and had the just turned adult daughter move out, and made her the active household.
First mistake-everything in the family inventory went with her, even stuff she couldn't use(skills not high enough yet). Then, over the course of a couple more switches between the two households, other weirdness began to occur. On one move, the household I returned to still had their inventory but no money-on a subsequent one, they had money but the inventory was bare. It's so unpredictable!
The worst change though, which seems permanent, is that my completely skilled gardener, who had just passed the Omni seed challenge, suddenly lost his ability to plant anything unusual, like eggs, cheese, steaks and burgers. This looks to be permanent. Aaarrrgh!
Darn-really like the game, but these problems are very frustrating. Thoughts?

Comments

• DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited July 2009
    Bump.
  • SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you switch households you lose EVERYTHING that is in your:

a) Inventory
    b) Fridge

You could prevent this, especially if you wanna keep something like a 40k Lifetime Point 'Collection Helper' by:

a) Dropping the item on the floor
    b) Dragging it into a Bookshelf

or the best way,

c) Into the Family Inventory.
    edited July 2009
    That was what surprised me, Sully-the family inventory did not work. Emptied along with the personal ones. I was quite shocked. It was also the complete randomness as I switched back and forth, of what would be missing this time.
    edited July 2009
    However I do agree-leaving stuff on the floor does seem to consistently keep stuff safe.
    edited July 2009
    Bump.
  • Mishka487Mishka487 Posts: 86 Member
    edited August 2009
    Love the game but am completely turned off by this. I moved my son out then went to play him for a bit, and when I switched back all the sims personal inventory in my orginal sims household was gone. Personal paintings, personal written books, money bags, moodlit manager, that butterfly icon that helps you find gems, excellent fruits and vegies, property deeds, death flower, etc. Everything I worked so hard to get, LOST. So now I'm limited to playing only the orginal family or loose everything. If this is not fixed I doubt that I will be purchasing the expansion packs. I want to be able to play more then one family without having to loose everything I work so hard to get. As far as putting things on the floor before you switch households, the idea of spending 2 hours to empty my entire households 8 personal inventorys is not very appealing. I sure hope they fix this soon.

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited August 2009
    this is my 'fruit cellar'
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Jivatma/SIMS 3- Arlo/Screenshot-10-2.jpg"height=450 width=600"[/IMG]

its the only way to keep my veggies when i switch households lol. it never spoils and it never dissapears
  • 2anna20022anna2002 Posts: 1,325 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Awesomemod fixes it...

BTW, what is with all the threads brought back from the dead :?
  • jillcymrujillcymru Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    2anna2002 wrote:
    Awesomemod fixes it...

BTW, what is with all the threads brought back from the dead :?

Perhaps we're pxssed off with the time and effort it takes to build up the inventory?

We have no notice it will disappear.

I'd like this fixed. Not all of us are comfortable using Mods or cheats!
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    after ive played for awhile my game gets stuck in world menu, when i repair i lose everything. so iI dont keep much in inventory anymore. if I need large amount of something I spend a lot of time taking it out and putting it on floor in my basements. so when I repair I still have what I need most.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top