Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Watch: Get Famous Acting and CAS

EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
Sul sul,

Check out our recent stream on the new Acting career and the goodies coming to Create-a-Sim.

Have fun and be sure to give your feedback below.
Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Tuning in.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Now I really want to check out those stages!
    image.png
    All the many things I can do with CAS...
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Loved it that we can place the acting marks at home haha Now I wanna know about the cannons - enemies beware.

SimGuruKate is so good at these streams, no wonder why she planned a lot of them.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2018
    The Gurus are getting better at streaming. A very informative hour. Thanks Gurus.

I wonder if using Terrain tools would hide those acting place marks if taking a video? (or a judiciously placed object or plant)!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The acting certainly looks all well and good as another active career. Fun!

But I think I am definitely looking at next week and how the fame and reputation system affects the game play and the sims in our worlds overall.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    as some simmers said during the stream itself "well, with all the time, love and detail going into the acting career and sets and such, i can understand why del sol valley is smaller than many expected. only so much budget to go around, after all"
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not surprising at all that they only went over adults in CAS. I was wondering what the point of showing off CAS was in the first place since we saw most of it through Sims Camp videos, but I guess they had a few to show off that weren't in the playable versions. Too bad it seems like there truly is nothing else for kids or toddlers.

Anyway, the acting career still looks fun. It'll be interesting to see all of the different types of roles available. I'm still upset that there are no child actors because this would have been fun to do with kids movies/TV shows as well, but whatever.
  • VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    Must point out that the total of 20 sets, and the way how you can customize each to your own liking, provides a unique experience for players. From western to Game of Thrones-alike productions are possible, all based on your creativity as long as you are interested in acting.

CAS was no different than any videos we've seen except the golden suit. And, it was expected that the skills and 'Risky' play are directly related to each other. So far so good.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Not surprising at all that they only went over adults in CAS. I was wondering what the point of showing off CAS was in the first place since we saw most of it through Sims Camp videos, but I guess they had a few to show off that weren't in the playable versions. Too bad it seems like there truly is nothing else for kids or toddlers.

I would imagine there's a lot of people who don't see the SimsCamp videos but do see the Twitch stream. Overlapping audiences, not the same type thing.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Just finished watching the replay, and I wonder if anyone can answer. With the makeup chair, can we create a makeshift styling business? Someone asked if we can place that chair anywhere and do makeovers on sims, but I wonder how it will work. I know they won't get paid for changing someone's look so it won't be an official business, but could you kind of pretend?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Just finished watching the replay, and I wonder if anyone can answer. With the makeup chair, can we create a makeshift styling business? Someone asked if we can place that chair anywhere and do makeovers on sims, but I wonder how it will work. I know they won't get paid for changing someone's look so it won't be an official business, but could you kind of pretend?

I "think" you can pretend? You might be able to create a retail business to "attract" them so that they come up in the option to alter. Then offer to change them in the chair. No money, but it gives you the ability to fix some of those weird outfits the game generates.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Haha, that was so funny! George is good at these Livestreams; he gets so excited at his own likes and jokes! Rainbows and Spaghetti Westerns, really? Congratulations to SimGuruSteve! Finally, huh?

Btw, can't somebody give Kate a Pancakes Robe that she doesn't have to swim in?

But okay, all in all, the acting career looks like great fun. There's many more options there than I would have thought. I'm interested, but I still want to see more first. And please explain the cheating that went on for the stage marks. If we are not suppose to see the cheats or use them, what are we suppose to do?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    what they used for the stage marks was a cheat that's already usable by players in the game, bb.showhiddenobjects. what they didn't want us to focus on was their cheat text prompt, since it's got more options (bells and whistles?) than what players have in the game
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I like it! :smiley: Really cool to see the nice looking sets and costumes and to hear and see that the styling chair and wardrobe could also be used at home. Too bad there is no makeup skill. (Maybe that’s what the free stylist career could be used for?)

Oh, and nice to see the new walls and the sets being used at the home lot as well. :smile: And I love the pretend sword fights!

I like what I see of the acting career and really love the CAS items! :smiley:

Can’t wait to see future streams! :blush:

This stream and some of the playthroughs by some of the game changers (especially Deligracy’s and Iron Sea Gull’s) are making me really want this pack. The temptation is so real, lol! :lol:

I love it! I’m really excited to see the stream regarding the fame (and maybe reputation systems?) next! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    That was wonderfully informative and a lot of fun to watch. Thank you!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I really like how they are splitting up the streams so basically we know they are just going over this and that.
    Today's stream really excited me and I didn't know that it would because so much has been discussed by the game changers (which I have watched way to many videos of at this point).
    I love learning about the sets more and was happy with the sheer number of them available. My inner storyteller is happy.
    egTcBMc.png

I would imagine there's a lot of people who don't see the SimsCamp videos but do see the Twitch stream. Overlapping audiences, not the same type thing.

Like me; I've watched mostly none of the vids from any Game Changers and tuned into the Twitch stream for my answers. However I do read fansite articles.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think they did a great job, Get Famous looks like a lot of fun, I can see many many storylines. I do think we have something special with Get Famous, Being a little smaller means nothing and we are getting so much. I can not wait. Gets in line :);)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • GourmetSimsXGourmetSimsX Posts: 15 Member
    I may actually take a break from CAS and start playing the game because of this expansion pack. LOL.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I may actually take a break from CAS and start playing the game because of this expansion pack. LOL.

This pack caused me to take a break into Sims 4. That reputation ayatem is too good for my sims to miss it and I cant wait my sims to have it. Since I cant play of 4 because of excitement my sims side are exploding so im currently taking a break from 4 and playing sims 3. Wish November came here sooner
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    The stream was amazing and a lot of fun. I know the Gurus were going batty over the shiny textures (they really are cool), but I was impressed with the rubbery textures on the Gillman from the Lagoon costume. It really looked, not like a Gillman*, but like a costume would.

*Not that I've ever seen a real Gillman, you understand.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SimGuruGeorgeSimGuruGeorge Posts: 49 SimGuru
    kalaksed wrote: »
    what they used for the stage marks was a cheat that's already usable by players in the game, bb.showhiddenobjects. what they didn't want us to focus on was their cheat text prompt, since it's got more options (bells and whistles?) than what players have in the game

My bad with this one. These objects won't be behind the cheat in the version you all get. They were just that way in my current build and it tripped me up when I saw that.
    They will unlock in the actor career like this.
    • Stage Mark: Solo Scenes - Actor Career Level 2
    • Stage Mark: Paired Scenes - Actor Career Level 2
    • Stage Mark: Sword Fight Scene - Actor Career Level 3
    • Stage Mark: Death Scene - Actor Career Level 5

A few not so obvious things. There is a pirate ship wheel, jail cell door, and product podium that have acting scenes on them as well.
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2018
    kalaksed wrote: »

My bad with this one. These objects won't be behind the cheat in the version you all get. They were just that way in my current build and it tripped me up when I saw that.
    They will unlock in the actor career like this.
    • Stage Mark: Solo Scenes - Actor Career Level 2
    • Stage Mark: Paired Scenes - Actor Career Level 2
    • Stage Mark: Sword Fight Scene - Actor Career Level 3
    • Stage Mark: Death Scene - Actor Career Level 5

A few not so obvious things. There is a pirate ship wheel, jail cell door, and product podium that have acting scenes on them as well.

Shot in the dark but I might as well ask.

How exactly does editing the Film Studio lot (plumbob pictures) actually work? Does it work like other career lots from GTW or something else? I know you guys touched on it a bit in the video but I don't believe the question was ever answered fully. I'm mainly curious because I don't know how the lot works because it changes so much between gigs (item placement, different rugs, better eating areas, and of course different sets).

Main question being does the changes you make to the entire lot itself stay or do they get reverted when you leave the lot?
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg