Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loud phase?

In my current save, my Sim child, Peter Phillips, is going through a Loud phase. And I can't figure out how his parents can help him get through it. When they ask him about it, he says that they can "influence him to be quiet" but the option isn't showing up anywhere. I've been able to resolve other phases relatively easily but not this one. And if I use the remove_trait cheat he still does all the interactions (turn the stereo on really loud, shout forbidden words, etc.). He's a good kid otherwise. Help!!!
Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'd like to know this too. It's frustrating because in my game, once the radio or speakers go into loud mode, it's impossible to turn them down to normal. I've had to resort to deleting them and replacing them with new ones.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I know there's a bug with that one - the parents can't discipline the kid or teen for using forbidden words. They can't discipline him at all for it. Yours was at least polite - mine always give a snotty answer that they need to be heard and there's nothing their parents can do about it. I hate this phase with a passion.

I hadn't thought of using the influence menu (I think you need a certain level of parenting skill to get 'influence' as an option). My parents are always maxed out in parenting skill before their toddlers become kids, so if an 'influence to be quiet' option is supposed to be in the menu, they should have it. I'll have to look the next time I have a kid go through this phase.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I get the same answer ("I need to be heard!") and that's where it says to try influencing the child to be quiet. Basically, the "listen to loud music" is unique to the phase -- I just deal with it (good thing it doesn't wake the baby upstairs!) and as soon as he leaves for school I turn off the stereo. Sometimes I'll switch the station to something like classical or baroque -- at least those aren't as ear-grating. My mom Sim is level 8 Parenting now and I haven't seen anything.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    morgan fyres keeps getting this phase in my game and all i wound up doing was putting a stereo in her room (with the door locked to her parents and sister) so she could go play loud music in peace without angering the family. she'll blast her music up there or play the violin her father uses for work for the few days it takes the phase to pass and nobody else gets burst eardrums

neither of her parents has a really high level parenting skill (overall, morgan's a good kid and having just one daughter makes it harder to work the skill up for...well, three sims, since her elder sister also gets some of the parenting opportunities) but i do recall not being able to help this phase go faster with max parenting in my main family. that's where i started putting stereos in the teen's rooms just for it (i also make sure the other stereos are outside on covered balconies or such instead of in the dining room where everyone constantly gathers and will get angry about the noise)
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I just read that influencing them to do more quiet activities may help them out of it, also if you direct the child to curse, the parent can discipline them and they should take them out of it too.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I get the same answer ("I need to be heard!") and that's where it says to try influencing the child to be quiet. Basically, the "listen to loud music" is unique to the phase -- I just deal with it (good thing it doesn't wake the baby upstairs!) and as soon as he leaves for school I turn off the stereo. Sometimes I'll switch the station to something like classical or baroque -- at least those aren't as ear-grating. My mom Sim is level 8 Parenting now and I haven't seen anything.

Since I have autonomy off, I don't have a problem with loud music. It's the cursing that I can't stand. I know that's bizarre, since it's in Simlish (or silent) and the only manifestation is the animated 'curse' characters on the screen. However, it annoys me so much in real life that even the representation of my Sims doing it makes me want to ground them for the rest of their child/teenhood.

I haven't run into it lately - for a bit, my kids and teens always went through the loud phase at least once.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    once you use the cheat to remove it, take the kid on a couple of loading screens to get rid of the idle behaviour.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Normally, I will get my teen Sims to jog to clear mind... it works for me...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • GalaxyGamerGalaxyGamer Posts: 3 New Member
    Very annoying phase, it seems to be the most common as well. How do you stop it and how is it caused