Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will they get Fame right this time?

baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
i only just saw the news of get famous as i took a huge break from the sims,

my instant concern was are they going to get fame right this time i watched a video which made it look like a more improved version of sims 1 superstar where you have to actually go to sets and what not which is already an improvement of fame over every other game in the series.

although that seems like it would get repetitive pretty fast just like get to work did

fame has never been the sims strong point would be nice to see them make a decent one

Comments

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    You don't have to be an actor to be famous. Also, they said they looked at the complaints about fame before, and tried to improve it.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited October 2018
    Based on game changer testimonial building fame this time around is much harder then ts3 version of fame. You can't just become friends with a celeb and become famous. Celebs are harder to interact with and most will brush you off or just take you as a fan. Not sure if it is confirmed but I believe I saw in one of IronSeagull'a video his sim got a notification that his time in the spotlight was fading so this could mean that if you don't put effort into it your fame will fade.

Should you have a sim who becomes famous but didn't want them to you can have that sim just give it all up. You can also go into options and make it so that no sims in the world will become famous and even freeze fame for inactive households.

Edit: As your sims becomes more famous they will be followed by more paparazzi and fans and can earn perks and develope quirks. Perks give your sims more power and help them build fame faster while quirks give your sims more personality for the better or worse.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    With the things I've read about the Fame & Reputation System Perks & Quirks, I think they might have done it well this time. If it's expected to be how I think it'll be, I'll be satisfied. :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The fame system seems really well done. I haven't seen anybody complain about the fame system itself, everybody so far seems to really like it.

What people are unhappy about is the world size. 11 lots is pathetic. Some people feel this should be a gamepack, but as for the actual fame system itself, people seem content with it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    We should be able to pick our own quirks, just like we pick vampire weaknesses. Not keen on yet another example of EA deciding for us how we play our sims.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    We should be able to pick our own quirks, just like we pick vampire weaknesses. Not keen on yet another example of EA deciding for us how we play our sims.

Then use cheats...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    It also seems like getting certain quirks will be easy just do the trigger action over and over again.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

You can take notes of what trigger the quirks and try to do that thing until your sim has that quirk.
    And as told before, you can also use cheats. Just enter testingcheats on, shift-click on your sim, choose "Public image" and you can choose the quirks you want.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2018
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    It also seems like getting certain quirks will be easy just do the trigger action over and over again.

I agree with this, not to mention some of the quirks are the most annoying game play features like sims getting juice (Similar to the endless glass of water ) and sims being on their phones all the time.

The fame perks just seem a way to make friends, money and skill build even easier and there’s not much of a challenge as it is.
  • Options

I agree with this, not to mention some of the quirks are the most annoying game play features like sims getting juice (Similar to the endless glass of water ) and sims being on their phones all the time.

The fame perks just seem a way to make friends, money and skill build even easier and there’s not much of a challenge as it is.

I think the juice quirk is gonna be hilarious since now the Sims get dazed when they’re drunk (juiced). >:)

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wait what? When did sims start getting dazed when juiced @AquaGamer1212
    Are you sure that isn't a mod?

And yes I think it looks like they are doing Fame really well this time. I've watched lots of videos and read lots about it.
    My biggest fears seem to be addressed. You can opt out of fame or even opt the whole save out. Fame won't diminish or increase as you play other houses in rotation. You don't just get it by who you know but in a multitude of ways.. and they seem to actually make sense.
    I'm really looking forward to it. If it gets to be too much I can always swing away from it or play an opted out save also. Great to have choices.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018

You can pick your own quirks by making your sim do the required actions to unlock them. If you want your sim to be an alcoholic, make them constantly drink 'juice' in a short window of time. Want them to be obsessed with their phone? Literally make them use it obsessively to watch videos or play games. I'm actually glad EA chose to push quirks through gameplay instead of making it a boring click. Or, like everyone else said: use the cheat.
  • Options
    Yeah certain actions will give you the quirks lol.
    I think I might have to cheat up some fame levels on townies and play them long enough to give them bad quirks. I don't really want my sims to be obsessed with phone use. Then again I don't let them use the phone much so I'm safe. I am hoping to have one sim with an obsessed fan.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

The trigger actions have to also be done in a short window of time. It's possible to do these actions repeatedly without unlocking the related quirk.

So it appears they will be more easily avoidable than you think. Even if a sim uses their phone all the time, it won't unlock the perk unless they're watching games/videos repeatedly over a short period of time. I also hope that EA has adjusted/disabled some of these autonomous actions to account for quirks.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think quirks will be fun because maybe your sim does something you don't notice and they get a fun quirk. And all celebrities will be different so I like it.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I think quirks will be fun because maybe your sim does something you don't notice and they get a fun quirk. And all celebrities will be different so I like it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not going to continuously perform an interaction so my sim gets a particular quirk but will just play normally and see what happens. Seems more fun if it happens unexpectedly.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

And yes I think it looks like they are doing Fame really well this time. I've watched lots of videos and read lots about it.
    My biggest fears seem to be addressed. You can opt out of fame or even opt the whole save out. Fame won't diminish or increase as you play other houses in rotation. You don't just get it by who you know but in a multitude of ways.. and they seem to actually make sense.
    I'm really looking forward to it. If it gets to be too much I can always swing away from it or play an opted out save also. Great to have choices.

Seasons, when they drank for New Years they’d get dazed. Ever since that pack I’ve been seeing it in Let’s Plays. But I’m not sure if it’s just New Years or not. I’ll have to rewatch one of the videos.

• Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Seasons, when they drank for New Years they’d get dazed. Ever since that pack I’ve been seeing it in Let’s Plays. But I’m not sure if it’s just New Years or not. I’ll have to rewatch one of the videos.

Well I just tried testing it and they didn’t get dazed. I’m really sad. Also the people I watch usually say when a mod is being used :( That would have been cool to add though

• Options
    @AquaGamer1212 Being dazed is a feature of a certain mod that can't be named here. It's very popular, so it's likely that many YouTubers have it installed. I guess it's possible that a similar feature was added to the vanilla game, but I don't recall hearing about it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @AquaGamer1212 Being dazed is a feature of a certain mod that can't be named here. It's very popular, so it's likely that many YouTubers have it installed. I guess it's possible that a similar feature was added to the vanilla game, but I don't recall hearing about it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well being dazed because of drinks you mean. Being dazed itself is in the game from fights, vampire bites, and the bubble machine.

But yeah you’re right. But I don’t remember who it was that I watched, only one or maybe two people I watch would use those kinds of mods. Also isn’t a quirk something to do with drinking a lot? Maybe they’ll bring being juiced in GF.

• Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

Well being dazed because of drinks you mean. Being dazed itself is in the game from fights, vampire bites, and the bubble machine.

But yeah you’re right. But I don’t remember who it was that I watched, only one or maybe two people I watch would use those kinds of mods. Also isn’t a quirk something to do with drinking a lot? Maybe they’ll bring being juiced in GF.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Dazed from drinking.

Yes, one of the quirks basically let's your sim be an alcoholic so I'm sure they'll be able to officially get juiced.
  • Options
    Oh well.. yeah they did it in the past I was just kinda hoping. Anyway my sim can just enjoy their muckleberry when they have drink now and then.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think the fame system is pretty elaborate and more fleshed out than the one in TS1. The TS3 Late Night fame system is awful and should never see the light of day, so there's that

Personally I think it would even be better if acting wasn't the only celebrity track available like with Superstar, but that's for another day
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I think the fame system is pretty elaborate and more fleshed out than the one in TS1. The TS3 Late Night fame system is awful and should never see the light of day, so there's that

Personally I think it would even be better if acting wasn't the only celebrity track available like with Superstar, but that's for another day

It has been a super long time since I played the Sims 1 Superstar but I am pretty sure I remembered singing as a career and I want to say modeling as well. I remember using the runway. There was a recording studio for singers and the actors got movie sets. It's been so long I don't recall exactly what went on with those.