Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else having issues or am I the only one? *Complaint Post*

First: My sims keep resetting when I go to put a baby in her crib. Now my game won't sign me in! It's times like this I wish I didn't reinstall Sims 3.
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @HillyBeth If it's just one crib you're having a problem with, try buying a new crib and delete that one.

As for the log in stuff, I think a lot of us are having troubles all of a sudden. I've been able to get mine to log in by a combination of things - deleting IE cache, deleting Origin cache, deleting the .bin file with my email name in the downloads file. Any one of them will work on occasion, but it quickly goes back to not wanting to log in. I just play offline when there's no compelling reason to fix it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    All I can say is I don’t have the resetting issue. I did in the past - my first year of playing the game - and in my case I think it was caused by moveobjects on, because ever since I quit using that cheat the issue hasn’t returned. Do you use that cheat? I never log in because I don’t want to so I obviously don’t have that problem.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    I don't log in often, but when I do it's often hit or miss whether it works so I agree with that. As for the baby thing, maybe you just need to reset your sim?
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • Options
    saffiredragon9saffiredragon9 Posts: 16 Member
    Does your baby have an imaginary friend doll? I've had problems with them on occasion with babies not being able to be put in the crib when the imaginary friend doll is glitched.

It seems a lot of people are having login issues at the moment, including me ;) . From what I can gather reading forums etc it seems to be a problem on EA's end. The usual fixes don't seem to be working ( or at least, not as well ) so for now I'm just playing offline.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I always play offline, but needed to log in to download, nothing worked until I signed into the store from web browser on PC and chose the download from my account there which opened up the launcher and logged me in directly. (I'm on steam).

Sometimes to reset password works as well, 'reset' being the magic word in the sims :smile:

Here's the helpful thread I found:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Can-t-log-into-the-Sims-3-Game-Launcher/td-p/1444640
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I was having issues with a script error for inviting a ranked chess opponant in a new game until I went into edit town and deleted all chess tables from the community lots that had them and found replacements to put in the place of those things.I've not had that issue in that game since I did that though I have a new issues because my sims haven't finished building the house on their lot and summer is coming to an end soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @TadOlson Uh-oh... I know your sims often have horrible blizzards falling upon them, so they better get a move on and at least get a roof to shelter them! :) I wish them good luck and I hope you'll keep us updated!
    NymlADp.jpg