Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    Okay, so I went from two stories down to one, made a smaller mall, and I am still having trouble with the budget. Has anyone else started? Anyone else having trouble with the tiny budget? I want everything to look nice, but I am by no means using the most expensive items.

Question about the requirements: Are we supposed to supply more then a check-out counter and register? There are absolutely no details in the scenario to tell me what the stores should be supplied with. Thanks!

The reason for the smallish budget is because this is essentially a shell with landscaping. You are leaving the interiors for the clients to furnish for the most part unless you choose to do the room challenge. For the room, there is no budget this time.

Thanks! That and the lot cost will hopefully let me go back to the bigger second build at least, I hope. :D

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Hi all, I am sorry to say that, after an amazing six years, I am stepping down as Keeper of the Thread and Admin for the @BuildnShare challenges.

There is a h*ck of a lot of work involved in the role and as some of you are aware, my health hasn't been that great recently. I simply don't have the energy levels to continue in the role.

I will, of course, still hang out here with you all, and continue to participate in the fabulous challenges that the guys here dream up.

Love you all to bits

Faith
    xoxox
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Sorry to see you're stepping down, @FaithofKaela, but your health is more important. Take care of yourself.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2018
    Based on feedback, we are upping the budget on this one!

New budget: 90,000k & you do not need to include the lot cost in that figure as the client already owns it. Remember, too, the interior decoration on this is minimal. For the challenge, the client is requesting generic spaces that will be decorated by the clients that ultimately move in later.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @FaithofKaela: Glad to know you will be around still doing challenges with us! I hope the extra time will make a huge difference in your health!!

New budget: 90,000k & you do not need to include the lot cost in that figure as the client already owns it. Remember, too, the interior decoration on this is minimal. For the challenge, the client is requesting generic spaces that will be decorated by the clients that ultimately move in later.

Thanks very much for the huge increase! Going back to my lovely first build with that budget!!
    Thanks, @iampes23 and @SimTresa.
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    Hi all, I am sorry to say that, after an amazing six years, I am stepping down as Keeper of the Thread and Admin for the @BuildnShare challenges.

There is a h*ck of a lot of work involved in the role and as some of you are aware, my health hasn't been that great recently. I simply don't have the energy levels to continue in the role.

I will, of course, still hang out here with you all, and continue to participate in the fabulous challenges that the guys here dream up.

Love you all to bits

Faith
    xoxox

I'm so sad to hear this! You are one of the first people I remember in these challenges!
  • TinkPlaysTinkPlays Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    CHALLENGE #106 - THAT ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
    FORUM ID: TinkPlays
    ORIGIN ID: TinkMagoo
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Lakeview Shopping Village - https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/66AFD573DB8111E88632ADD8C8E84D99?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=lakeview shopping village&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 8,500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: 81,956
    TOTAL COST: 90,456
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/no86WpS
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used
    TUMBLR LINK: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tink-plays
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Welcome to Lakeview Shopping Village. We have 6 retail units available for rental on a 12-month minimum contract. The site has parking and public toilets along with a relaxing atmosphere to put shoppers in just the right mood to spend spend spend.
    JzknGP9.png
    oKwyqpY.png
    Post edited by TinkPlays on
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @BuildnShare - was a specific lot mentioned? I know the lot is "donated", but I can't seem to see which lot we need to use, if any, or if we can choose whichever lot we would like.
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member

Ooh, nice! I had crammed mine in with four units and minimal landscaping at the original budget - bigger lot and landscaping, here I come! <3
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    I would like to enter this challenge, it looks like a lot of fun! I am working on my retail business right now and was wondering if a coffee shop counts as a retail business, or do I need to make an actual store?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @FaithofKaela
    Thanks for all the fun challenges. Take care of yourself and please lurk a lot. ❤️
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - was a specific lot mentioned? I know the lot is "donated", but I can't seem to see which lot we need to use, if any, or if we can choose whichever lot we would like.

You can use any lot of any size for this one!
    AlJay wrote: »
    I would like to enter this challenge, it looks like a lot of fun! I am working on my retail business right now and was wondering if a coffee shop counts as a retail business, or do I need to make an actual store?

Hi Aljay! Welcome to BuildnShare :) You could definitely make one of the 4-6 storefronts a coffee shop for the room challenge. The client would like for the others to remain generically/minimally furnished for the business owners who will eventually move into them.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you!
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AliciaMaryAnne
    LEVEL: First time
    LOT COST: $3000
    LOT NAME: Preeminent Domain in the Magnolia Promenade world
    GALLERY NAME: Fisher Plaza
    GALLERY COST: $59,677.00
    TOTAL COST:$62,677.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9tk6r8V
    ENTRY DETAILS: Fisher Plaza was built for Mrs. Fisher. This 4 unit, two level strip mall is the perfect shopping center to establish your retail business. Each unit has it's own climate control system, complete with air conditioning. Every unit also has public washrooms available for the customers. With ample parking, bike racks and room for patio seating this modern style plaza will attract the customers you desire. Originally Miss Fisher had requested a $60 000.00 budget but later increased that budget. I decided to keep the lower budget, because the customer is always happy to have a project completed quickly and under budget. What a pleasure it has been to build this mall :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: ?
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: kR3WNHM.png
    94jEwEu.png
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #106 - THAT ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT[
    GALLERY COST: $12,669.00
    GALLERY NAME: The Sweet Room
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/HHC0b9M
    ENTRY DETAILS: Violet's bakery is open for business! "The Sweet Room" is a small but light filled corner unit in the Fisher Plaza Mall. It has a bar facing the windows for extra seating while you wait, or just to stay and eat your tasty treat.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: ?
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:iMQaozc.png
    bl96T2X.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    HOUSEHOLD: Weldon
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/HHC0b9M
    ENTRY DETAILS: Violet loves baking. It's always been a dream of hers to open her very own bakery. Dereck, her business savvy boyfriend, says he will handle the books while she wins the peoples hearts with her sweets. Fisher Plaza has just completed construction so Violet has signed a lease to rent the corner unit! She is so excited to open "The Sweet Room" and share her baking treasures with the world.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: WcWZaCb.png
    Violet taste testing the chocolate biscotti
    DzkQNI8.png
    Violet Cleaning up at the end of a busy day
  • LisaMarie3003LisaMarie3003 Posts: 6 New Member
    FORUM ID: LisaMarie3003
    ORIGIN ID: Lunar3003
    LEVEL:
    LOT: BnS106 - Small mall (Gallery name, since I can't seem to put the links in the comments)
    LOT COST: 3 000 $
    LOT NAME: BnS106 - Small Mall
    GALLERY COST: 68 989 $
    TOTAL COST: 71 989 $
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: See inside lot gallery in comments (the forum does not let me put the links in the comments.
    ENTRY DETAILS: A wonderfull mall with a lot of parking, even bicycle can park. 4 spaces are for rent here. A men / kid store, a woman / kid store, a kitchen ustentials store and finally a perfum/wellness store
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: @LisaM3003
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Lisa Marie Collin
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    @RachelShennan - I've been around a while :wink: And I'll continue to be around for a long while to come :heart:

@JojoMOMSTER - Taking care of myself is a priority in my life!! And ofc I'll still be lurking :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • TinkPlaysTinkPlays Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2018
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #106 - THAT ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT[
    FORUM ID: TinkPlays
    ORIGIN ID: TinkMagoo
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F94D797EDC7B11E88F8477C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=mr wilsons&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 22,084
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/iCHnX0S - (The toy store photos are at the top but the other furnished stores are also included in the album for anyone that's interested)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to Mr Wilson's toy shop. 3 generations of the Wilson family have run toy stores and after a fire destroyed the previous store the family are starting from scratch at Lakeview Shopping Village hoping that this new town embraces them just as much as the old one did. Please come inside and find your fun.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TUMBLR LINK: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tink-plays

X9qGcHZ.png
    qcFEsM3.png
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #BnS105 - Life After Life
    Your results are now available here.3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID: LisaMarie3003
    ORIGIN ID: Lunar3003
    LEVEL:
    LOT: BnS106 - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/23EC9B73DBE011E88064B573E4FD424D?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Lunar3003&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3 000 $
    LOT NAME: BnS106 - Small Mall
    GALLERY COST: 68 989 $
    TOTAL COST: 71 989 $
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://share.bannersnack.com/bhmex0ai1/
    ENTRY DETAILS: A wonderfull mall with a lot of parking, even bicycle can park. 4 spaces are for rent here. A men / kid store, a woman / kid store, a kitchen ustentials store and finally a perfum/wellness store
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: @LisaM3003
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Lisa Marie Collin
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2018
    Welcome to Build-n-Share @LisaMarie3003 :) I've added links for you in the post above. For future reference, you can add a link but put spaces between the https to get around the forum link rule (Like this: h t t p s://your link) You can also use the games and social threads in THIS section of the forum to get your post count up enough to be able to post links.

One request - our judges like to be able to pause a slideshow and move back and forth between pictures to be able to write up comments and suggestions for your entry. It doesn't look like that is possible in bannersnack. If you could create a slideshow in Imgur, picasa, flickr, google images, or even a thread here on the forum, that would help them immensely in judging your entry.

Again, welcome! And please let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance with your slideshow.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    Question:

For the room challenge, I'm able to just enter that one alone right? It's not like an extra add-on to the full build contest?

Thanks in advance
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    flobobunny wrote: »
    Question:

For the room challenge, I'm able to just enter that one alone right? It's not like an extra add-on to the full build contest?

Thanks in advance

That's right :D
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top