Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCommand Center Time Issues

MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
I'm out of the country for a rather long time and I was obviously unable to take my ginormous monster desktop that plays the Sims 3 perfectly on it with me. So I caved in finally to play the Sims 4 to get my Sims fix. Previously, I'd only played for a total of less than 10 hours since it's initial release. First thing I noticed was the issue with the time going way too fast and Sims taking forever to get from their bathroom to the kitchen, etc. Sims 3 had NRAAS relativity to fix that so I did some research and found deaderpool's MC Command Center. I downloaded it, messed with some settings, but the time isn't really working for me.

I have it set to 100 (from the 25 default) but the in game time is now totally wonked. It says it's 7:30 PM but it should be around 2 PM. I did some more online research and on a forum, someone mentioned to change the game speed type to relative and THEN to change the speed time. The only problem is that I don't have that option in the menu. Yes, I downloaded the updated mc mods (3.7). Yes, the game itself is up to date. And yes, I've restarted it.

Does anyone know where to find this setting? If not, I'm officially giving up on Sims 4 and will placate my Sims obsession by watching Sims 3 lets plays until I can play 3 again.

Comments

• JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Hej there, I have MCCC but don't mess with the time at all, I think your best bet would be to click the Discord link in my signature and ask your question there, you will get help in real time and if you have any other MCCC questions you can ask them there was well.

Good luck
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hello
    This is what Deaderpool posted on the Documentation page on tumblr
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Game Time Speed

Default:25

Sets the Sim-time-to-real-time. The lower this setting is, the faster the Sim’s day runs which results in being able to accomplish less in a day. The higher it is, the longer the Sim day lasts. For example, to make a day last twice as long, the value could be set to 50.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    I currently have mine set at 50 and I'm not having any issues. *If* I remember correctly the time felt a bit wonked the first day but after that was fine. Like that first day they were ready for bed super early. I can't for sure say it was the time setting though because it was only the one time and could very well have been me getting them up early for some reason or another.

I also haven't had my morning cup of tea and might not understand the issue.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • AndradaMoonAndradaMoon Posts: 2 New Member
    I set mine to 500 so it's running almost real time. If you're going to change this setting you may want to consider adjusting the rate of need decay and skill development as well. I have my skill rate set at -5. I've always felt that skills like painting and vampire lore increase way to fast. Especially when you set the game clock to run slower.