Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    I haven been experiencing an issue similar to a few other simmers in regards to career branches. I recently updated an outdated career in my game, and the branch name and description for one of the two branches does not appear. All job level text shows up, but not the branch title, or branch description.
  • MaïaGame911MaïaGame911 Posts: 14 New Member
    Coucou à toutes et tous,

Suite à la MAJ prévue, Python va changer, ça sera la version 3.7.0, Neia, tu avais fait un tuto écrit sur MTS, le feras tu pour nous expliquer comment faire l'import du fichier dans Python pour pouvoir faire le fichier ts4script ensuite ? Je te remercie à l'avance ^^ Maïa Game
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    I haven been experiencing an issue similar to a few other simmers in regards to career branches. I recently updated an outdated career in my game, and the branch name and description for one of the two branches does not appear. All job level text shows up, but not the branch title, or branch description.

If you are still looking for a solution. Try removing the Mod completely from your mods folder. Then delete the localthumbcache.package file to remove any residual traces of the Mod. (The game will generate a new one and it won't affect anything in the game, it's a temp file). Then try a fresh install of the Mod and see if it works then.
  • MaïaGame911MaïaGame911 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @"MaïaGame911" said:
    > Coucou à toutes et tous,
    >
    > J'écris en Français désolée ^^ Suite à la MAJ prévue, Python va changer, ça sera la version 3.7.0, Neia, tu avais fait un tuto écrit sur MTS, le feras tu pour nous expliquer comment faire l'import du fichier dans Python pour pouvoir faire le fichier ts4script ensuite ? Je te remercie à l'avance ^^ Maïa Game
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Coucou à toutes et tous,

Suite à la MAJ prévue, Python va changer, ça sera la version 3.7.0, Neia, tu avais fait un tuto écrit sur MTS, le feras tu pour nous expliquer comment faire l'import du fichier dans Python pour pouvoir faire le fichier ts4script ensuite ? Je te remercie à l'avance ^^ Maïa Game

I also want to know...with Python used in Sims 4 going to change to version 3.7 in the November patch, hopefully you will be able to continue your tool with changes? Everything about it might need to change to support the new version of Python, including tutorials and ts4scripts. Thank you for your continued efforts.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I'd get in line with the people who want to know, if your awesome tool will, in future, support the upcoming change to Python 3.7 that Eaxis makes with the next patch.
    Thanks in advance, whatever the outcome will be, for all the work you've done, it's been always fun to work with your create-a-career tool.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    For the Python update, it won't have that much impact on the tool, Python is only used for the PTO interaction on the phone and most of the career content don't use Python at all. I'll update the help page on the site with the info on how to make .ts4script with the new Python. The tutorial on MTS is not by me, it's by Simmiller :)
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    For the Python update, it won't have that much impact on the tool, Python is only used for the PTO interaction on the phone and most of the career content don't use Python at all. I'll update the help page on the site with the info on how to make .ts4script with the new Python. The tutorial on MTS is not by me, it's by Simmiller :)

Phew, thanks, feared for the worst. XD
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • venompawzvenompawz Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried logging into my account to reexport my career for Seasons but none of the passwords I use are working and there's no options to get emailed a password or to reset it. I was wondering how I would go about getting back into my account so I can reexport and get back to playing. I sent a PM on Mod The Sims as well on another account name I use.
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    @Neia Hi! Is there something I should be updating on the tutorial with regards to Python? I've always stressed using Python 3.3. When I've tried using another version of Python, it never worked for me, and others have had the same issue, although I believe some have gotten the files to work using another version but with changes to the process (I have no idea what they did, tbh). Any clarification is appreciated! :)
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

If you are still looking for a solution. Try removing the Mod completely from your mods folder. Then delete the localthumbcache.package file to remove any residual traces of the Mod. (The game will generate a new one and it won't affect anything in the game, it's a temp file). Then try a fresh install of the Mod and see if it works then.

Thank you for your advice, however I am still experiencing this problem. It's only one branch, too; the first one I created. Perhaps I need to totally re-create it?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Thank you for your advice, however I am still experiencing this problem. It's only one branch, too; the first one I created. Perhaps I need to totally re-create it?

you could try re-exporting it, maybe?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member

Thanks!
  • vejaivejai Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi I created a career. I've exported it. It says, "Your career is now being exported, which can take several minutes. When the process is done, your download link will be available on the My careers page."
    My question is where is the MY Career page and also when I saved a copy to my PC and tried add it to my game, it took all other mods but not mine. Is it because I need to use the link in "my career"? and again Where is My career located.? I've looked and can not find that page.
  • vejaivejai Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh and also, lol, would love to be a part of your beta test. :)
    @vejai
    It's the page you go to when you click on the Create link in the top menu. You should have a "Download" link between export and delete, next to your career in the list. You can find more info on what you should do next with the files you've downloaded on the Help page (which you can access by clicking on the Help link in the top menu)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Hello, I’ve checked out your website. I was wondering how do you get involved in creating custom careers. Is the program only based online, or do we get a download link? I didn’t see anything but it could be because I’m on my phone at the moment. I would love to try my hand at creating some custom careers. <3
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Hello, I’ve checked out your website. I was wondering how do you get involved in creating custom careers. Is the program only based online, or do we get a download link? I didn’t see anything but it could be because I’m on my phone at the moment. I would love to try my hand at creating some custom careers. <3

You use it online and then download your career when you're done, and there's a few steps to do after that (explained on the site) before you add the career files to your Mods folder.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

You use it online and then download your career when you're done, and there's a few steps to do after that (explained on the site) before you add the career files to your Mods folder.

Is it because I’m on my phone that it’s not showing up or am I just blind (very well could be the case lol).

Is it because I’m on my phone that it’s not showing up or am I just blind (very well could be the case lol).

I suspect it's the phone. It's probably not set up for mobile.

It looks like it doesn't show up properly indeed but the link are still available if you scroll laterally to the right. Register and Login are there, outside of the grey top bar.

It looks like it doesn't show up properly indeed but the link are still available if you scroll laterally to the right. Register and Login are there, outside of the grey top bar.

Found it thank you! It looks like it works on mobile, definitely gonna play around with it. I wanna write up what I need first though <3

@Neia Hey, I was just wondering would it be possible to put a mini tutorial on the site or here explaining all that you have to do. Such as having to put ideal mood, hours, days, objectives etc?

• WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    edited November 2018
    ***** I have tested my custom career which is made on your platform after TODAY'S UPDATE, it seems that the salary is gone! (after using cheat to promote) *****
    I gather from some discussion on a Discord that some career related codes have moved so careers will need to be redone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top