Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holiday lights

purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
edited October 2018 in Off Topic Chat
Ok so when I first started this lot and game, way back when it first came out, it asked me something about lights, and in my hurry to play I just clicked no, yes, yes I know my husband says the same thing "stop clicking so fast you miss a lot of crap.." Well I missed the part about holiday lights, I must have disabled the lot from getting automatic holiday lights. I even bulldozed the house just today and placed another house there and still no holiday lights or decor like the other house in the neighborhood, Sure I could place them myself, however I would really like to know how to turn back on or what not the auto feature of this lot for the holiday decor, I have only been searching the we forever now. thanks

and yes I know this goes into pc tech but for some reason it was grayed out.
sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited October 2018
    Since you posted in Off Topic and I don't know if you mean 3 or 4, I'm going to assume you mean 4. Only your neighbors automatically decorate. In order to decorate your current family's house, you must buy the decorations box and instruct your sim to decorate the house. A menu will pop up and you pick what decorations you want and where they'll show up.

Also, you can go back and review tutorials at any time.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    If you're playing Sims 3 just click on your front door and a menu will appear. Just click on "holiday house lights" and you'll get a choice of straight or hanging lights and a choice of colors. You can also choose "custom colors." Happy holidays. :)
  • purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    Thank you all for your help, and yes I forgot that this forum is for both 3 & 4, I was talking about 4. Again I am sorry for not making that clear, and thank you for being polite and explaining both just in case. Always know I can come her for answers.
    Mintycupcake — where do I buy the Decor Box at in the sims 4 please and thanks.
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Mintycupcake — where do I buy the Decor Box at in the sims 4 please and thanks.

Search it on the side. If you can’t find it it is in recreation on the office Tab in build mode.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    thanks