Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looks like a lot of new worlds are being planned

2...Next

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    10 worlds with 5 lots are like 3 worlds. So I don't think it'll be ''a lot'' of space for us.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    Based on the screenshot I think we can expect to see 5 more worlds in the next 3 years. This comes out to be 2 worlds per year which fits the current rate we receive them. One year will only have 1 world. At least one of those will probably be a vacation world.

A university pack might come with its own world, but knowing that they will be progressively smaller from here on out it might be on the scale of Magnolia Promenade and not a full fledged world. I hope university is not just a hidden lot like GTW, but seeing how they handled Get Famous I think this is how they’re going to do it if we even get university.

If we get another Newcrest we will be very lucky. It seems like the devs are limiting playable space and focusing on “set dressing” to hide the fact that the game engine cannot handle that many playable lots across all worlds in one save file. Guess the python upgrade is not enough to correct these issues and we the players are seeing the consequences in the form of reused assets, unaddressed bugs and limited player choice.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    Looks like the current manner of 'responsiveness' of the 'worlds' menu is two rows of four circular images that is 'responsive' (resizes per screen) up until about 1490px at which point it adds a scrollbar at the right and - though it continues to 'respond' by making the images larger. Looks like they will make the images respond better at various widths by making the images smaller and more per row so there is less need (if any) for the scrollbar. Hard to say how the live responsive gallery of worlds will work by looking at a screenshot from only one width, though. Sorry. Geek me kicked in. Asleep yet?
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    So basically they're implying that the game can't handle any extra worlds of a respectable size any more. Words can't express how much that aggravates me.

I don't thing that's what Kate means at all, I think they're taking into consideration that quite a few Simmers do not have computers that can handle a whole lot more stuff. They're being considerate whilst still giving everyone what they want. So there aren't a lot of lots to build on, it's not the end of the world.

I do not see that as fair - that I put money and work into my pc - I play on Ultra and feel my worlds should reflect that. Why should my game suffer because someone else has a crappy pc? No - they need to reconfigure the system so people with lesser pcs get less lots and sims. Have the worlds and sims reflect the settings your computer is capable of like many games do. It beats the heck out of what other studios do - that simply tell you tough luck if you have a subpar pc to play on - you often cannot play that game at all. What company punishes the player for having a better pc so the cheaper pcs can play the game too. That is not fair at all to us that sacrifice things in life to build a great pc to actually enjoy our games. I save for months before I buy my new components for my next rebuild - I am not rich and on top of it I am not well - but gaming keeps me sane and gives me something to do where as I would be unable to do anything with out gaming and my pc. So I put all I can muster into building the best pc I can - and people don't think I should be a bit angry if I hear my game is less than what I expected because of cheaper pcs.

How is that right at all - if that is the case. It is not right to me and not the way of most game studios. I really do not want to hear that is the cause for the worlds getting less lots for us to play on.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The question is, how big would these worlds be and of course, what would you be able to edit in them as it seems that so far there has been nothing impressive about TS4 worlds at all. In fact the best feature seems to focus on backdrops and even they are rather dull

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    I must be overlooking something but aren't there 8 worlds now (including DSV)? I see 9 here. Wouldn't that mean 1 more world instead of a lot?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LunaMoon48LunaMoon48 Posts: 22 Member
    I’m not sure I want to pay for more worlds. Not just because of space, but because I’m perfectly satisfied with the space I already have.
    Also it seems a little off to add a bunch of new worlds and act like they’re going to be as big as Willow Creek etc and then they turn out to have four lots.
    The only new world I have that I was completely satisfied with was San Myshuno. I don’t want to pay money for space they’re creating just for the sake of it.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I must be overlooking something but aren't there 8 worlds now (including DSV)? I see 9 here. Wouldn't that mean 1 more world instead of a lot?

I think they mean the sims team are planning for a lot of worlds.

And there are 8 world's now without DSV
    Magnolia
    New crest
    Willow creek
    Oasis springs
    The vampire one
    San mysuno
    Brindleton bay
    Winderburg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MC_Makatan wrote: »
    I’m not sure I want to pay for more worlds. Not just because of space, but because I’m perfectly satisfied with the space I already have.
    Also it seems a little off to add a bunch of new worlds and act like they’re going to be as big as Willow Creek etc and then they turn out to have four lots.
    The only new world I have that I was completely satisfied with was San Myshuno. I don’t want to pay money for space they’re creating just for the sake of it.

But more than half the Simming population aren't satisfied.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

Documentation? Oops. Forgot I was in the speculation forum.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Documentation? Oops. Forgot I was in the speculation forum.

All you have to do is look at this forum, gamechanger blogs and videos and other sites, to know Simmers are very unhappy with a new world with only six livable lots. And I would guess just by how upset they are (speculate) that means they do want more and more lots for all the worlds or this wouldn't matter so much.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    I'm actually excited to see what new worlds they come up with because apparently SimGuruGrant (was him?) said that one of his favorites is one that is in the works. As much as I love Windenburg and love how big it is, I don't mind seeing Del Sol Valley looking like that because it's an average size that works very well. Sure, the map makes it look like Oasis Springs size but once you go into the neighborhoods you can see that there's a lot of space to walk around, not to mention the Acting lot which I think is so cool.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited October 2018
    They better start filling that empty space right away then, because the lack of new worlds to fill such white, open, screen space bothers me like no tomorrow! :grimace:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Worlds with few lots for us to actually play on it looks like. When they cut out lots it cuts out half our gameplay as we need lots to be creative after all seeing we can't edit a single world - all we get is lots and now they are being cut back drastically. When they said they were extending making the Sims 4 - well it made me happy - but had I known this would entail removing even more of our creativity gameplay - I can tell you I wouldn't have been thrilled at all. Bad enough for the first time ever we were already so limited in creativity as it was with no way to work anywhere but on lots - How could this idea to cut them even further be expected not to further disappoint the creative players. It makes giving us a terrain tool that we have waited so long for almost an insult when they take away from the lots we even get to work on.

I just don't get this train of thought...

Sometimes I find myself thinking this is more like - The Sims the movie and less like the Sims - the game.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Worlds with few lots for us to actually play on it looks like. When they cut out lots it cuts out half our gameplay as we need lots to be creative after all seeing we can't edit a single world - all we get is lots and now they are being cut back drastically. When they said they were extending making the Sims 4 - well it made me happy - but had I known this would entail removing even more of our creativity gameplay - I can tell you I wouldn't have been thrilled at all. Bad enough for the first time ever we were already so limited in creativity as it was with no way to work anywhere but on lots - How could this idea to cut them even further be expected not to further disappoint the creative players. It makes giving us a terrain tool that we have waited so long for almost an insult when they take away from the lots we even get to work on.

I just don't get this train of thought...

Sometimes I find myself thinking this is more like - The Sims the movie and less like the Sims - the game.

Well, at least we can now act it out through Get Famous...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Many of us actually want to play the game, not watch it be dictated to us by people who don’t even know what the majority of fans find fun about a sims game. It’s not fun at all being constantly teased with all the backdrops, set dressing and wasted space you can’t even interact with every time you load up the game.

Why is it that simmers had more freedom 14 years ago placing lots wherever they wanted in TS2? Now all of a sudden we can’t be trusted to place any lots because someone somewhere complained that their Compaq laptop from 1995 can’t run Sims 4 on Ultra settings?? Boo...👎

What’s the point of making the game accessible to lower end machines if you have to cripple and excise every ounce of fun and creativity in the process? Even those of us with potato laptops are well aware of how limited the game is. We don’t need ultra settings to figure that out.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Many of us actually want to play the game, not watch it be dictated to us by people who don’t even know what the majority of fans find fun about a sims game. It’s not fun at all being constantly teased with all the backdrops, set dressing and wasted space you can’t even interact with every time you load up the game.

Why is it that simmers had more freedom 14 years ago placing lots wherever they wanted in TS2? Now all of a sudden we can’t be trusted to place any lots because someone somewhere complained that their Compaq laptop from 1995 can’t run Sims 4 on Ultra settings?? Boo...👎

What’s the point of making the game accessible to lower end machines if you have to cripple and excise every ounce of fun and creativity in the process? Even those of us with potato laptops are well aware of how limited the game is. We don’t need ultra settings to figure that out.

Because Will Wright would actually play what he and his developers would build then change it or improve it, he was just as much a player as he was a producer and a developer. Others in the 'office' didn't understand why he played out anything he created but that's why The Sims and The Sims 2 base are so loved. He wasn't part of the EPs for TS2, but he was still overseeing what happened.