Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OUTDATED] Which game pack is your favorite?

Comments

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited October 2018
    Parenthood
    My full ranking is:
    1. Parenthood (It's #1 because it affects Sims their whole life. --> Character values!)
    2. Dine Out (This pack simply adds realism to the game and I like realism.)
    3. Spa Day (I love sending rich Sims to the spa. Those simoleons must be spent somehow...)
    4. Vampires (great clothing, hairstyles, jewelry and neighborhood)
    5. Jungle Adventures (A fun hobby for a very limited kind of Sim.)
    6. Outdoor Retreat (I like the clothing for athletic and/or winter wear.)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Parenthood
    I’m still digging into all of the packs, but my top three seems to be Parenthood, Vampires, and Dine Out. :smile:

In this kind of poll, for me, it’s pretty tight between Vampires and Parenthood, as I am creating some Vampire/human mixed families, and I am enjoying the content so far from both packs.

I love the character building and other content from Parenthood for my family play, so it’s number one for me.

I still love that I have Vampires, though. It also adds to my gameplay as well. I just love occult life states! :blush:

Dine Out is getting up there to be a favorite as well, because I always enjoy taking my Sims couples out for their dates, and I’ve always loved restaurants in the Sims series. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood and Dining Out is second place.
    I would rank Vampires last, tbh, not much of a supernatural player.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Parenthood
    I enjoy parenthood the most. The character values and school projects are great additions to the gameplay.

I also really enjoy dine out (I often take my sims out for dinner but don't have them own restaurants) and surprisingly jungle adventure for the wonderful location and interesting activities like visiting the temples.

Vampires are nice too, but I prefer other types of occult. (I hope we get more occults over time)

I mostly use spa day and outdoor retreat for the objects and CAS stuff, but rarely for the gameplay.
  • GvaudoinGvaudoin Posts: 17 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires is the only one I really want to get. Forgotten Hollow is a beautiful world and I really love the gothic style of the clothes and furniture. I wanted to get it while it was on sale but I missed it. :(
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out. I like being able to dine out with my sims, plus I have several who have purchased/built/run restaurants, and I love having that option. At the current version, unless the tweak it in the future, it's more challenging to make the profit you want for the time and investment, but it can be done - eventually and carefully.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Vampires
    I like all of the game packs honestly, and can't imagine playing without any of them. But my favorites top to bottom are:

1.Vampires - I use this one all the time and I love Forgotten Hollow.
    2. Parenthood - This pack and Seasons actually got me into playing families again.
    3. Jungle Adventure - This is just a beautiful world, and I love the exploring element.
    4. Spa Day - I use the yoga mats and meditation stools in almost every game.
    5. Outdoor Retreat - I love the wooded world and use the camping stuff in survival type games.
    6. Dine Out - Don't use this one too often, but I do enjoy taking my sims out to eat once in awhile.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    Vampires
    vampires and outdoor retreat are the only ones i have. vampires wins by a landslide for me. they did an awesome job with vampires this time around with learning the lore and various skills.

if i had it to do over again, i would have passed on outdoor retreat. it was ok to explore the first time around. after that it's pretty boring with just fishing and collecting the main things to do.
  • Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires are pretty cool. I havent been bitten by one yet even in Sims 3.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Vampires
    I like all of the game packs honestly, and can't imagine playing without any of them. But my favorites top to bottom are:

1.Vampires - I use this one all the time and I love Forgotten Hollow.
    2. Parenthood - This pack and Seasons actually got me into playing families again.
    3. Jungle Adventure - This is just a beautiful world, and I love the exploring element.
    4. Spa Day - I use the yoga mats and meditation stools in almost every game.
    5. Outdoor Retreat - I love the wooded world and use the camping stuff in survival type games.
    6. Dine Out - Don't use this one too often, but I do enjoy taking my sims out to eat once in awhile.

This is the same order of my preferences. :)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Parenthood
    The whole parenting interactions makes the game more fun.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Dine Out
    1. Dine Out (I use it a lot. Go to place for dates and birthdays, also when I want to get to know a sim.)
    2. Parenthood (almost a tie)
    3. Spa Day (Love yoga and spa activities, if this came with a trait or reward trait it would be 2)
    4. Jungle Adventures
    5. Outdoor Retreat
    6. Vampires* ( This is the best made pack but I've only used it once. I had a lot of fun with it. But the fact that I don't really play with supernaturals brings it to the bottom of the list.)
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Parenthood
    I picked parenthood because it enhances gameplay. I like jungle adventure , outdoor retreat and restaraunts too but you have to travel there to get use out of it. With parenthood it's always there.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • MarshMarsh Posts: 47 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires gets my vote, for sure. They did an amazing job with vampires this time and they really feel different from regular sims (instead of just sims that drink plasma instead of food)

I like all the new interactions that came with parenting though.
    screenshdot-251.png
    https://bleedingnegative.files.wordpress.com/
    Marshall. California. Been playing since 2004!
  • FRENZIIFRENZII Posts: 29 Member
    Spa Day
    Tbh the vampire game pack is my favourite because of the concept and the fact I love vampire lore in general but I can never seem to play one for too long. It just doesn't feel right to me... maybe because the world of the Sims 4 is so bright and colourful and cheery that it just looks odd seeing my vampire sucking on someone's neck with people standing around smiling. It felt a lot more appropriate playing vampires in a bleak world like Bridgeport in the Sims 3 for me also because I really like the 90s goth feel vampires had there. Other than that spa day is the game pack I tend to utilize the most. It's nice to just sit back and relax to the ambiance with my sim.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2018
    Parenthood
    Easily Parenthood as a family player it really offers the most daily game play over things like vacations restaurants or yoga I would say this pack offers more play than many of the expansions probably only beat by Seasons and Get Together clubs as biggest game changer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    It was a tie between OR and Parenthood but I chose OR because I knew not a lot of people would vote for it.

For me Outdoor Retreat is one of the Game Packs that added the most game changing features, with the addition of portable beds/tents/showers/firepits. I think people tend to forget it added these. But for me they are what makes having big, beautiful worlds worth it. What is the point of all of these beautiful environments if all you can do is "go there"? With OR at least I can camp on the beach in BB, make a fire and eat the best fish I caught that day. Or I can put my tent in the middle of nature in Windenburgh and sleep under the stars. Tents and portable showers/firepits can also be used in all of the other vacation spots added afterwards, like Selvadorada.
    Not to mention they are very useful when playing a rags to riches scenario.

I wish more packs would add features that would allow tons of new possibilities and could be used in a variety of ways.

The only problem I have with this pack is they didn't add a way to go to the toilet in nature, that was added in GT with the bushes, but those only exist in Windenburg and in Selvadorada, which can be really frustrating.
  • LunaMoon48LunaMoon48 Posts: 22 Member
    Vampires
    I actually only have Vampires. It was a choice between that and Parenthood, but for me, I don’t really like the traditional get-married-have-children cycle so I thought it would probably be wasted on my style of play. However, I’ve always been fascinated by vampires (started by people making fun of my teeth) and I don’t regret buying it at all. It’s great fun and honestly, I probably enjoy vampire storylines, good or evil, a little too much.
    Can’t wait to kick Vladislaus Straud out his mansion so my own grand master can reign supreme!
  • lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    Spa Day
    I absolutely adore the possibility to have my sims do yoga in the beautiful, public places with a great view. Almost every sim of mine use it so I've had most gameplay of that GP this far in the Sims 4. I also love to watch and listen to sims visit the spa and take a massage or visit the sauna, I find it really relaxing during gameplay.

Parenthood makes family play more dynamic and gives a lot more options to gameplay, but I find the constant pop-ups a bit annoying. I tend to play families with several kids and the same questions tend to spawn one kid at a time so it gets a bit frustrating in the end. For some reason the choices my sims-parents tend to make also "gets even" where one choice adds empathy for the kid and the next one minimizes it so in the end there's no use for it :P However, I find the personality chart the kids have to be interesting and it definitely adds more depth to playing with families.

Dine Out is fun to play and my sims tend to visit the restaurants quite often, but I havent had the GP that far I could say a lot more of it. Running a restaurant f.e. is still mine to discover but overall I think the gamepack is an essential for the Sims since the beginning of Sims 1 with the restaurants from Hot Date.

Outdoor Retreat with the deep forest I do like, but think will be more of a use when I get Seasons and the winter lands in Granite Falls.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Well you said favorite as the title. I'm not positive it's the best but it's still my favorite. I enjoy any of the packs that give my adult sims stuff to do and places to go .. so although Parenthood and Vampires are very popular they aren't my favorites only because I don't use them the most.
    So it's the other 4 .. which really are basically equal to me that enhances my gameplay the most.. so that makes them the "best" for me. I've used OR regularly since it came out. I know it inside and out and I'm still not tired of sending my sims there.
    If we ever got a witches pack .. it might blow past them all for me... still waiting...

egTcBMc.png
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Vampires
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    If we ever got a witches pack .. it might blow past them all for me... still waiting...

If we got a Witches pack, I think I would use OR more than I do. Witches and the herbalism skill would go together for me.
    Come to think of it, I would send Werewolves to the woods more often as well...

*hint hint* wink wink* nudge nudge* EA!!!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Parenthood
    While I love vampires, I don't play vampires in every save, while in all my saves, even if I start with a single Sim, eventually s/he will settle down with Mr. or Ms. Right and raise a family. Parenthood has added a lot of depth to my family play. There are a few things I'd add (for example, if your child/teen plays hooky instead of staying in school I'd like the parents to be aware and able to punish the truant) but overall it's very well done, and I like the CASsets and build/buy like the bedroom furniture (coordinates pretty well with Kids Room Stuff) and the kitchen set. I'm especially interested to see how/if the new Reputation system in Get Famous will tie in with the Parenthood traits. Would an Irresponsible Sim be more likely to get a sketchy reputation because they can't be relied upon? Could you have a Sim with a bad reputation but still has Good Manners? Argumentative and Insensitive could also contrihute negatively to Reputation.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Parenthood
    hadklax wrote: »
    Parenthood is awesome. I love the objects, CAS and interactions that the pack provides. It gives a bit more to the sense of family in the game and child or teens personal development feels enriched.

Jungle Adventure is an amazing destination pack. I love the varied temple every time and the game is aesthetically pleasing. The little community lots (which I've edited for my own preference) are also amazing to meet new locals and perhaps begin a holiday romance. I feel Jungle Adventure in polls like these haha. It seems second or third on many people's list but not often first so it's popular but people don't vote for it lol.

Vampires I don't use too much in my game style but the pack is really well done. The dark form CAS stuff, including facial features, is excellent and the options to give different powers is cool. I wish the lot traits worked better i.e. Vampire Nexus doesn't seem to attract Vampires, and ability to ask to see dark form or make it part of a club outfit would be nice too.

Dine Out is excelllent with lots of restaurant choice and excellent build objects. BUT.., meals take far too long. 10 to 15 hours for one meal is an ordeal.

Spa Day I really enjoy and the spa objects are great. The constatnt need to wear a towel can be a little irritating and my Sims don't exactly live at the spa i.e. visit all the time haha. It also provides some create build objects, wallpapers and flooring for home bathrooms.

Outdoor Retreat is lovely but feels a little empty by comparison. There isn't a huge amount to do in the forest but I do enjoy it for a couple of sims days. If that's the style of sim you like playing (outdoorsy), this will be perfect.

Great analysis of all the GPs. I think I'll get more use out of Outdoor Retreat with the sketch pad that's coming in the patch (I'll be cheating it for all my artists) because it'll be way easier for my artists to sketch the surroundings.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • silver_songbirdsilver_songbird Posts: 305 Member
    Parenthood
    I can't really say as I only own a handful.. broke simmer probs :D

but parenthood is my favourite. I love playing with kids & the interactions it adds are wonderful, I love them :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Vampires
    1) vampires
    2) jungle adventures
    3) parenthood
    4) outdoor retreat
    5) dine out

I don’t own spa day, but I think if I did it would probably come above outdoor retreat and dine out.