Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

1293031323335...Next

Comments

• karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    Still amazed at the amount of work everyone puts in here for free! Thank you so much for this.
  • AllarnaAllarna Posts: 9 New Member
    Afternoon, could anybody let me know if there is a cascade for Quaint Cottage Collection and if so could I possibly have a link to it. At present I own 27% of it (11 items) and my price to buy at present is 1115p.
    Many thanks
    Allarna
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    Allarna wrote: »
    Afternoon, could anybody let me know if there is a cascade for Quaint Cottage Collection and if so could I possibly have a link to it. At present I own 27% of it (11 items) and my price to buy at present is 1115p.
    Many thanks
    Allarna

I don't know of any cascade for that set. Do you already have the Warbling Wind Chimes? If not, they're on that weekly sales page. Actually, the sales page has remained unchanged for months now, as I understand it. Pity, it was an interesting & quite useful feature.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38520&categoryId=13700&source=sale
  • AllarnaAllarna Posts: 9 New Member
    You must have read my mind Dusty as I went and bought the chimes earlier. I think for the QCC I am defiantly going to have to sit on top of the DD listings.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Many thanks
    Allarna
    Hi Allarna,
    As I recall, there is no particularly cheap way to get these 'Featured Look' sets. They are new combinations of other store content and although CYS applies the total cost of the set is actually very close to the combined cost of all the items in the set. Which means you pretty much have to buy it all. :(

The good thing though, is that many of the items in it are in other sets where you will get a useful CYS bonus. :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited April 2017
    Many thanks
    Allarna

Almost every piece of that look is shared with some other set, a decent amount of which is on the DD in some form or another. So you can get a reasonable amount of it at a discount by buying other sets. What this means is if you want the other sets you get more bang for your buck. Otherwise you may be better off just paying for the set itself. If you ever do change your mind about the other sets then you've lowered your CYS there.

At the very least buy the Old Town: Starter Set at its lowest price on the DD for 189. The next time that price comes round is May 9. The Boeuf Gras Dining Chair and Old Town Dining Table cost 143 full price, so you get a lot more stuff for only 46 more SP. And it reduces your CYS on the Cottage by 128.7 SP.

Personally, the pieces are all "my style" so I ended up getting the related sets anyway. I think I bought the cottage mid-way through the process, using some of those items toward the CYS on other sets. (In the end I bought almost the whole store, but that wasn't my original goal. ;) )

And I'm glad you asked. I love to help people along on their personal quests now that mine is done!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Hey Leslie~ just a question for you (or whoever's running this thing now), since I've recently started hanging around on the DD stalker boards.

I already own 22% of the World Inspiration Collection (100% of Worldly Goodies, Cante Captivating, and Imperial Bedroom Zen). I also have a couple of pieces from some of the other sets~ Foyer Frills (from Provence), the Eastern Ambiance Ceiling Lamp (from Zen Again), plus the rock wall, which sadly doesn't count.

I didn't pick up Contented Sighs at 468, since it's also in the Eloquently Ecclectic set, which I'll be getting for free at DD 59. And, when I searched for The Two Elements Sink in the store, it apparently doesn't exist.

Your thoughts?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @lauravonawesome - I don't think Leslie has been here for a while, but while I don't have input on your DD stalking issue, I do have a link for the sink.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:22741&scategoryId=11534

Maybe someone else has a suggestion for you. Otherwise I'd target some items and see what's on DD, what's not and put some of the items in your wishlist at the top? Good luck!

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    @lauravonawesome - I don't think Leslie has been here for a while, but while I don't have input on your DD stalking issue, I do have a link for the sink.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:22741&scategoryId=11534

Maybe someone else has a suggestion for you. Otherwise I'd target some items and see what's on DD, what's not and put some of the items in your wishlist at the top? Good luck!

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to pick up Adventurous Life at 581. I already own the rock wall, but World Inspo doesn't recognize that as the set it comes with is non-CYS... Thoughts?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    Just a quick bump up on this thread to help people still shopping to find it! Sorry I fell off the face of the earth. I do hope all my lovely forum friends are doing well!!
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    I see there was a question about Quaint Cottage Collection- unfortunately there is no super fun cascade. At least not that I am aware of. I'm sure it's too late for the original poster, but in case anyone else has the same question, I am copying the info I had in my spreadsheet about the QCC. It's just a list of what's in the set, its simpoint value, and then any other set it might be found in. According to my calculations at the time after I finished off all the rest of my DD and cascades, the QCC was going to have a CYS of 673.

bandana 99
    wind chime 191
    chair 68 old town starter
    dining table 75 old town starter
    pedro arch 61 hacienda luxury villa parisio
    faire loveseat 121 faire folk outdoors
    pottery 31 SSS
    faire jar 31 faire folk outdoors
    wheelbarow 26 faire folk outdoors
    ahoy here 61 beach bummin
    bucket 25 zen again world insp
    bouquet 19 romanza
    platter 19 romanza
    honeymoon 19 romanza
    pails 25 provence world insp
    birdbath 25 complete barnacle bay
    olive tree 58 muse luxury
    jug 25 contemporary comfort bedroom
    boho slip 61 boho vintage women's
    end table 55 vineyard villa villa pariso oct 2011 comp
    column 28 sims classic jan 2012 comp killer classics
    cake stand 26 new year, new kitchen jan 2012 comp edwardian expressions kitchen
    wood 25 happily ever after make a wish
    treats for granny 25 happily ever after make a wish
    window 89 happily ever after make a wish
    hibiscus 125 hibiscus trio estimated value
    window 86 drifter's desire fortune folly
    dining table 43 drifter's desire fortune folly
    overalls 61 country living april 2013 comp
    milk jug 28 country living april 2013 comp
    fence 61 nautical living sandy shoals
    wall lantern 61 nautical living sandy shoals
    lantern 61 nautical living
    coffee table 61 nautical living eec

Hope that helps someone!
  • RosedustRosedust Posts: 41 Member
    If anyone is still checking this does the Kids 2010 cascade no longer work? I have 51% of it (Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath, Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun, Wild Wears, Wilderness Dreaming, Panda and Friends) but it isn't registering as free yet under complete your set. I also have the entire Top Top Toddler Collection too which was mentioned as needed for this cascade. Any tips?
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @Rosedust the cascade definitely works but exactly that way: you need to have some items from Animals Abound Outdoor Fun and then complete this set using CYS, which will give you all the other sets for free. If you already own all of Animal Abound Outdoor Fun, then it doesn't work.
  • RosedustRosedust Posts: 41 Member
    @Merelhyn
    Dang, okay thank you
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Rosedust wrote: »
    If anyone is still checking this does the Kids 2010 cascade no longer work? I have 51% of it (Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath, Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun, Wild Wears, Wilderness Dreaming, Panda and Friends) but it isn't registering as free yet under complete your set. I also have the entire Top Top Toddler Collection too which was mentioned as needed for this cascade. Any tips?
    If you are GIVEN the Animals About Outdoor Fun set, then the cascade does NOT work. I found that out the hard way, when I was earning the store for my best friend. Someone gifted her that set, hoping to start that cascade for her, but it broke instead. You need to always make sure that the set is NOT on your wishlist, and that only a few items from it are, so that you can do the cascade for yourself.

I discovered that cascade something like five or six years ago, and reported it on the DD thread. Others have used it successfully since then, and as far as I know, it still works. But as I said, it won't work if someone gifts you the initial set.
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    I can confirm that it still works, I just did the cascade last night :)
  • NetjeraNetjera Posts: 169 Member
    Don't know if this helps anyone, but if you purchase the Rim Rockin' Basketball Hoop on DD31 for 130sp, the Level-Up Collection becomes free, which means that you already have 8bits of Screaming Awesomeness towards the Mancave Collection, and have to spend less there.
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @Netjera actually, purchasing Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop at DD31 for 130 sp give you Level Up Collection for free at DD65. And owning Level Up Collection is enough to have Man Cave compilation free at either DD386 or DD714. So you can have the whole compilation for only 130 sp. You really should read my thread ^^
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    @Netjera actually, purchasing Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop at DD31 for 130 sp give you Level Up Collection for free at DD65. And owning Level Up Collection is enough to have Man Cave compilation free at either DD386 or DD714. So you can have the whole compilation for only 130 sp. You really should read my thread ^^

Actually, I've been living on your thread, but since I wasn't planning to get Man Cave yet, I wasn't really looking for this to work. (I picked up the Basketball Hoop before I found the threads about the DD and CYS methods to get items for free.) :)
    edited October 2018
    <snip>

World Inspiration Collection- ~ 716 total sp
    - DD# 468: Contented Sighs (7sp)
    - DD# 555: Country Carved Tableware Cabinet (7sp)
    - DD# 623: Pastoral Practical Kitchen Shelf (12sp)
    - DD# 713: Ki-mini Kimono Outfit (23sp)
    - DD# 768: Spa Necessities (7sp)
    - DD# 794: Dojo Double Bed (43sp)
    - DD# 942: Sweet Serenity Lily Pad Mini Pond (13sp)
    - DD# 964: The Two Elements Sink (26sp)
    - DD# 52: Zen Again set (~152sp)
    - DD# 116: Imperial Bedroom Zen (~63sp)
    - DD# 152: Provence (~95sp)
    - DD# 206: Africa Inspired: City Side Braids (25sp)
    - DD# 242: Best of 2010 will give you Worldly Goodies, which is in this compilation,

I'm sorry to say that I can't get these numbers to work. You have listed here two items for Provence, with a total FULL VALUE SPV of 54sp + 95sp to purchase Provence on DD152 = 149sp. I have purchased the Moelleux Sofa with Carved Apron on DD71, which has a FULL VALUE SPV of 81, and my CYS is only 550, which makes Provence 140sp on DD152. How is it that your 54sp purchase is making Provence only 95sp, when my 81sp purchase is not, according to Elianahere's Calculator?

What am I missing? Is the calculator wrong?

Thanks!

PS: I'm also getting a total of 473sp for all of those purchases, instead of the 716sp listed? Maybe I'm missing an item or something?
  • sara4562sara4562 Posts: 133 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hi! :)

I owned Milkin' It Dairy Corral so I got Farm Fresh Folk Set for free at DD#552 :smiley:

So if you own Milkin' It Dairy Corral (worth 495 sp) you should get Farm Fresh Folk Set for free (worth 1540 sp) when it pops up on DD#552 at it's lowest prize :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top