Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a known bug?

VershnerVershner Posts: 59 Member
I have a family with two children. One child age, the other baby/toddler. There is a mother and father and they are married. The father has recently become an elder.
With the first child the mother stayed at home and the father worked, but now with the second child both parents refuse to go to work, saying they can't bare to leave the little ones alone. Is this an known glitch and is there any way around it?
I know they won't go to work if there's no adult on the plot, which is a problem for single parents, but it shouldn't be the case here.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    No. As long as one is home the other should go to work. Hire a Nanny if both are working.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    You have to hire a nanny. It's best to let the parent who leaves later call to hire the nanny as the nanny has the option to track the schedules of the parents.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited October 2018
    unless they both go to work at the same time...which i'm guessing is not the case. I know sims 2 can be quite random with it's glitches so i'm not sure if this is a known one or not. maybe just have one sim call out sick and see if the other will go to work.
    In the Sims 2 the babies don't just pop off lot to some magical daycare. They need a nanny or a teen, adult to stay home and watch them. I'm not sure about the butler. I seem to forget about them. :lol:
  • VershnerVershner Posts: 59 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    unless they both go to work at the same time...which i'm guessing is not the case. I know sims 2 can be quite random with it's glitches so i'm not sure if this is a known one or not. maybe just have one sim call out sick and see if the other will go to work.
    Yes, they go to work at the same time. Perhaps that is what's causing the problem. Ironically, if either one of them actually managed to get to work they'd probably get promoted and be on different hours.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Vershner wrote: »
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Yes, they go to work at the same time. Perhaps that is what's causing the problem. Ironically, if either one of them actually managed to get to work they'd probably get promoted and be on different hours.

Have one call a Nanny, and if you can afford it, have her Track Schedule, as someone said, that way she will show up one hour before they leave. You will have to let her go if the Sim changes schedules and rehire for the different schedule. Kids in TS2 can't go to community lots alone, and they can't stay at home alone. When one becomes a teen and you have a Nanny, don't forget to Dismiss the nanny when the teen gets home from school at 1PM so you don't over pay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Did you check to see if one had some days off (Vacation days on the Skills/Career panel). Then they just don't go and will get paid. The carpool will show up but that doesn't mean they Have to go. One can even call in sick. :)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Did you check to see if one had some days off (Vacation days on the Skills/Career panel). Then they just don't go and will get paid. The carpool will show up but that doesn't mean they Have to go. One can even call in sick. :)

They do and this is exactly what I intended to do, but they both refuse to leave for work, even though there is another adult there.
    Try waiting for the carpool go and sending one to walk to work. Or buy them a car and send one to work that way- making sure the other doesn't have it queued to leave for work. :(
    If all else fails move out then back in. Then hire a nanny.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Hiring a nanny for one day worked. That allowed the father to go to work and he immediately got promoted. The bug only seems to occur when they have exactly the same job.
    I fired the nanny immediately after. She was so annoying!
    Vershner wrote: »
    Hiring a nanny for one day worked. That allowed the father to go to work and he immediately got promoted. The bug only seems to occur when they have exactly the same job.
    I fired the nanny immediately after. She was so annoying!

LOL, yes, but not as bad as the ones in TS4. The TS2 nanny actually does care for a toddler sometimes. Or you can make the toddler ask for food etc.