Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your play style?

Comments

• Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    Rotation -- play 2 or more households in a save
    I play rotational with 7 households in San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay, it is frustrating at times when neighborhood culling happens and some families have forgot all of their friends and past relationships.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Some combination of the above
    I play generational. I have full autonomy on, but still like to micro manage.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Other
    I don't ever play the pre-made sims. I have aging turned off for both my own sims and the townies. I have full autonomy on but I disable autonomy for the selected sim. I usually play just 1-3 sims in a household and avoid using apartments. I rarely play toddlers or children. I usually only have a handful of my own families in a save and play them for a while before getting bored of them and switching. I'm not a great builder, all my lots tend to be functional rather than pretty, with the odd exception which look nice from the manage worlds screen. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I play several households on rotation, some more often than others.
    Lifespan is on normal and I use full autonomy. At the moment I am mostly rotating between my 18 San Myshuno households and around 10 on other worlds. All of this Sims are connected in some way, so I want them to age in a realistic way - if kids hit the adult stage I switch to their parents to make sure they will be almost elder or even turn to elder. I take care of siblings, so their families will age up around the same time, so cousins will be around the same age and so on.
    It's a lot of work and I only reached generation 5 in 1.3k played hours, but I like it that way.
    For the next weeks I will play a bit more relaxed, because nobody should age up, as I have specific plans for all of them when "get famous" will be released.
  • Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    I tend to do a little bit of everything when I play
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Other
    What about just playing the sims regularly? Like, making a sim and playing normally, with full autonomy but you still control them? Lol
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I mainly focus on rotational play. But when I build, I can take up to a few days to build/decorate a single house. I am a perfectionist, everything needs to be perfect in my eyes.
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I’m a rotational player. I play with autonomy on, but I’m also a micro manager.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I play in a lot of different ways so I chose what I did on the poll. The thing I enjoy the most though is building and decorating. I love how many choices there are for decorative items in this game and still wish for more non cc ones :) I use cc in cas but not in builds.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Create Sims in CAS
    I practically live in CAS now, but when I'm actually playing the game I do it rotationally between different households.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Antfarm -- Full autonomy and control Sims as little as possible
    Antfarm with me injecting drama and conflict occasionally. Sometimes telling stories just depends.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    I'd say a combination. I love thinking up new sims in CAS to play and build the lots for them to interact in. I'm also a rotational player in which I'll play every household that I create for a certain amount of time and depending on what I want my Sims to do during a session, I will either let them do their own thing or turn freewill off so that they can complete a goal that I set for them.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    I do everything but build in my game (TS2 UC). I like to have some control of my Sims (because I can't control what the NPC Dormies do) when it comes to their Needs and college work, but let them have fun and socialize when they want to.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Create Sims in CAS
    im addicted to CAS lol. if I see a minor imperfection on my sim.... I go full CAS mode XD

Haha, same goes for me if am starting a new game cas is my main thing i start with then either pick house or get one from gallery.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Other
    Ehm where is family play/Generations???
  • KawixKawix Posts: 5 New Member
    I rotate my family's just because I usually get bored easily and like having different story lines and characters to play around with. It's hard going past the 2nd generation though :(
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    These days it's a combo of CAS and building for me. I rarely play the actual game.
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    I do a combination of building, challenges, and gameplay where I just control my family. (but it isn't antfarm) I will dabble in CAS occasionally though.
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Challenges -- micromanage Sims to attain a certain goal
    I always do challenge and I'm getting good at it.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I start with a created family and then marry them off mostly to pre-mades and townies and play generations. I also record their lives in a blog. For me, it's mostly about the screenshots because that's my record of the family's story and what happened to them in their lives. The stories are a combination of things I planned and things that they just spontaneously do since I have autonomy on. I also build and decorate so that my world can be just how I want it, but I use buildings from the gallery, too.

I also age everyone up at the same time, so I go in and change hairstyles and outfits, and add wrinkles where needed for my main sim, as well as for their friends and family. Sometimes I make people fatter or skinnier or more or less muscular. I also change room decor or remodel house exteriors or even move people to a different house during this in-between stage if that's realistically what I think would have happened during that time progression. I'm curious if anyone else does this, too.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    sometimes i make a family, sometimes i make a lone sim, sometimes roommates, etc, any excuse i can get to make a new sim in cas. im also obsessed with building houses
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    Challenges -- micromanage Sims to attain a certain goal
    Mostly challenges or just playing them and seeing what happens.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited October 2018
    A combination of creating sims in CAS, building, and rotational play.
    In my mind they all compliment each other and since I like to have as much control as possible of my worlds, I build every lot, create every sim, and play with as many of them as I can.
    Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    I would say I play a combination of rotational in the same save (aging off), explore new stuff with sim (though not my simself) and micromanage the sim to attain a challenge. Mostly I create a new sim in CAS, come up with a story and culture for the sim to live and then play regular gameplay fulfilling the life story I've created for the sim :D I seldom find the next generation to be interesting enough to play with since I play aging off or long lifecycle so I usually change the family when the kids have grown to be kids.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Ever since I conceived of the Time Lord Challenge, it's the only way I play the Sims 4. I'm somehow obsessed in roleplaying as a Time Lord, time traveling to different places and socializing with the people of its era. Hoping we get a futuristic expac soon.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png