Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you get married in The Sims 3? HELP ME PLZ

OK so I made this person and then I decided I want him to get married to someone, so I made another person and placed it somewhere in the town, then I changed the active household back to the original one. The two families became friends, and the boy and the girl's relationship is all the way to the end of the green, and I do all the romantic stuff, and have "woohoo"d but nothing comes for kissing, or marriage or anything, the only option it gives me is MOVE IN. what should I do to marry them?!! HELP ME PLZ!!!!

Comments

• buffyfan1394buffyfan1394 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, is it possible the girl got married with the story progression while you were playing the guy? sorry if that wasn't much help :/

EDIT!

marrage is under the romance options after the other sim finds the other extremely irrisistablel (sp)
  • aryodonboliaryodonboli Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No, the girl did not even have a relationship with anyone. so IDK what to do now?! :( :?:
  • djonas63djonas63 Posts: 1,097 New Member
    edited June 2009
    At some point you should see an option that says to confess your love or something like that. I did that and that is how I ended up getting them engaged and then married.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited June 2009
    It's been hard for me too...the only way I'm ever able t get the marriage and go steady options to come up is to have my sim have the "great kisser" trait...then after they kiss the other sim, it's all over...lol
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2009
    No, the girl did not even have a relationship with anyone. so IDK what to do now?! :( :?:

To get them married, just do romantic interactions. Once you get "the confess attraction" interaction, click on it. From there, you can go steady, propose, and get married. Just don't do any funny or friendly interactions while you're trying to get married.
  • ShamrockGirl0317ShamrockGirl0317 Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2009
    Even though your friendship is very high - the game doesn't allow you to "confess attraction" until you have known that Sim for a certain amount of time. Keep interacting every day and eventually u will get the romantic option for "Confess Attraction" Then you will be able to "Go Steady" and "Propose"

Good Luck!
  • aryodonboliaryodonboli Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How long do I have to do it usually? and can I get married if I ask her to move in first?
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2009
    How long do I have to do it usually? and can I get married if I ask her to move in first?

It took my sim less than a day or two to get married to a guy who wasn't even listed as her friend. Just do one romantic interaction after the other. It'll happen. If you do any funny or friendly ones, you'll have to start over, so don't do any until after you get married.
  • sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited June 2009
    When you use a lot of romantic interactions, you must make them go steady, then after that they must have the "extremely irresistible" thought and, I don't know, try moving them in with eachother, I personally think that's the best bet. You'll then accomplish it easier in my opinion.
  • JacindaJacinda Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="buffyfan1394;c-344605"]Hmm, is it possible the girl got married with the story progression while you were playing the guy? sorry if that wasn't much help :/

EDIT!

marrage is under the romance options after the other sim finds the other extremely irrisistablel (sp)[/quote]

Thank you!!!
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    It's great these posts have been helpful ^^ I would ask members to be aware of the forum rule on Necroposting though. If you'd like to let a Simmer know that their post was awesome, you can show your appreciation to those Simmers by hitting that Promote, Insightful, Like or Awesome button rather than resurrecting older discussions.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top