The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hiring specific sims as employees?

I have just opened up my own bakery and I want my sim's best friend to be an employee but she isn't on the list.

How can I make her an employee?

Comments

• ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    edited October 2018
    There is a step by step tutorial here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889921/tutorial-on-how-to-hire-your-own-sims-you-made-to-work-in-your-restaurant
    I know this is for a restaurant but I believe it applies for all shop and restaurant type lots.
    :smile:
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Just thought it would be easier to use this thread. When you place a bakery or shop in a world how can I get there to be workers there for me to visit the place?
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Leahmiller2006 if it is the prebuilt stores in game then someone should be there but if you are talking about the ones from the gallery or your own, your sim will have to buy the store, hire sims and then sell it. The next time you go back those sims should be running the store for you. This also works for restaurants too.
    Hope this helps you :)
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    @Leahmiller2006 if it is the prebuilt stores in game then someone should be there but if you are talking about the ones from the gallery or your own, your sim will have to buy the store, hire sims and then sell it. The next time you go back those sims should be running the store for you. This also works for restaurants too.
    Hope this helps you :)

Thank you, I will try this.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • StudzKBStudzKB Posts: 6 New Member
    So the problem with the waiters and waitresses is that EA made it to where they only allow randomly generated sims to work as that position for some reason. My sims only show as options for Chefs and Hostesses not as waitresses. Literally tried everything except fully editing a sim in cas, just because it takes forever to make the sim exactly like the sim I wanted. The game just generates new sims as options for waiters and waitresses .