Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sounds exciting and pretty close to what I was asking for on this forum and others! So far, I can't wait to see more! Also, I was hoping that a new world came with this career as well and there is! It's great to see that with these added careers of Social Media Influencer (or um..rather Marketer) and Actor it feels like Sims4 is staying on trend with some of the most popular and glamorous career tracks right now. Btw, I hope a Future themed pack and University pack (or patch) are coming in the future before they move on to Sims5. As always, I hope there are no additional major or annoying bugs that come along with these expansions and upcoming patch.

Grant said today Sims 4 has MANY YEARS of content to come - so if I was you I would not worry of Sims 5 very much as I have a feeling those additional three years for Sims 4 may be increased. Either way with 3 more years you should see the eps you want anyway for 4 - but I really have a feeling it's going to be round much longer than people think. Keep in mind Sims 4 has no limits. It's a smart technology thing. They can just keep upgrading it like they are doing and have done - unlike past systems.

I'm not a huge Sims4 fan as I really loved open world, the innumerable options, and the multitude of content, but I'm glad that they plan to keep it around for a long time. It would feel like buying 25 blu-rays and finding out they discontinued it. I want to feel like I got my money's worth when S4 ends. I see no reason at all to move on for years on end unless they plan to use open world in S5. Open world is the only reason I would ever want a S5. There are improvements that I really love about S4

I was hoping for Farming, so this is a disappointment for me. As one simmer said, I really don't care for the fame part and personally had a hard time figuring out what they added that was new besides the set décor & new job. They did show the limo and it would be a game changer if we are getting cars like they have teased on the billboards. The career wouldn't necessarily be a game changer for those who don't use it or don't care for this type of play. The thing I like the most is the old time dress and white makeup and I'm not usually a make-up person. I guess I will have to wait to see on this one. They spoke of the houses of the rich and famous, which makes me wonder if they are adding the huge curved stairs. Hopefully, there will be more to it than just the fame.

I hear you there - especially after seeing the new world with an insulting 6 houselots - I would find that unbearable pack after pack of getting so few lots we can use. I ask why did they bother with the terrain tools if they were just planning to slash away at our buildable lots if that is actually why they cut the size of this ep world down to nothing. I cannot imagine 3 or more years of this - if that is their plan.

I was enjoying the game and then they went in this direction... so yes - the more I see the less I think I like the extended time myself. Oh and I very much miss the open world and extensive creativity. So I feel your pain for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    xMarianx wrote: »
    @AxeEcliptica Our Sims can become Sim-pop stars :)

Sure, K-pop in a sims game would be cool, but they are basically Korean pop stars, just like Bieber is an American pop star.

Kinda missing the point - you can't have a sim become a famous singer & go on tour or perform onstage.
  • ryanamaniryanamani Posts: 1 New Member
    Can we have a SIMS: Farmhouse or like a SIMS:Farm Life expansion pack?? i would love that one!
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I love the money vault -it's one thing I never knew I wanted and now that I realize I can have it, I realize I now need it lol. As a person whoo grew up watching Ducktales, I always wanted to swim in money like Scroooge McDuck. Although I would have rather gold coins over paper money (my sim world is more barter and trade style) and hope it's possible some how one day to change it to be gold coin lol, I find it adorable all the same. I do think storyteller's will really find it useful but as a builder, I can think of so many possible builds featuring it.

Oh and I also wish now more than ever we had burglars or at the very least have our klepto sims or criminally employed sims be able to rob the vault. It could even be a mini skill of picking the lock they have...
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited October 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I hear you there - especially after seeing the new world with an insulting 6 houselots - I would find that unbearable pack after pack of getting so few lots we can use. I ask why did they bother with the terrain tools if they were just planning to slash away at our buildable lots if that is actually why they cut the size of this ep world down to nothing. I cannot imagine 3 or more years of this - if that is their plan.

I was enjoying the game and then they went in this direction... so yes - the more I see the less I think I like the extended time myself. Oh and I very much miss the open world and extensive creativity. So I feel your pain for sure.

I was disappointed too! I couldn't believe there were only so many houselots when I recently saw the world map for this expansion. The Sims team and trailer made it appear like there would be more lots than that on the live streams. It still sounds interesting, but I am no longer as excited for its release. Especially, since one of my favorite things to do is build!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    ryanamani wrote: »
    Can we have a SIMS: Farmhouse or like a SIMS:Farm Life expansion pack?? i would love that one!

Grant was doing farm expansion polls a few months back! I also have always wanted a farming expansion in every iteration of the series. The winner of the focus of the pack on the poll was raising animals. I really hope they are working on that expansion already and we see it sometime next year! I live on a farm so I'd love to see a beautiful country world with dirt roads and multiple lots for farms! :)
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    This does sound interesting. too me it seems alot like the old expansion superstar from the past sims series and also a little of get to work.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Angella_RosettaAngella_Rosetta Posts: 185 Member
    Yes I'm really looking foreward to the new LP new world new cas items & build buy. Plus the terrain tools will be fun to learn . I've never been too good with the sims 3, so I just built mostlyflat on there. I'm excited though woog!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do.

sorry to hear seasons broke your game. seasons as been running well for me other than a few bugs.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• BrennaforevaBrennaforeva Posts: 14 New Member
    I cant wait to get this! Im saving Up for this and city living!
  • BrennaforevaBrennaforeva Posts: 14 New Member
    I want my sims to be a model and famous actress, I hope you don't need the get to work pack for this, do you?
    P.S im DYING to change my profile pic do please like this so I can!!! XD thanksssssssss
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I want my sims to be a model and famous actress, I hope you don't need the get to work pack for this, do you?
    P.S im DYING to change my profile pic do please like this so I can!!! XD thanksssssssss

You don't require the GTW pack to have the active acting career - that comes with this EP along with the extra career free in the patch and the new "self employed" mechanism :)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    I am so excited for this expansion ngl <3
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    I've watched some videos about this new pack on YouTube (mainly Deligracy and EnglishSimmer ^^). When they showed the new world I was disappointed - like many others - to see how small it is. BUT then they showed the rich people's part of the world and I LOVE THE VIEW :love: And the best thing is there's a 64x64 lot so I can move my legacy family over to the new world :) I wish it was a 50x50 tho because 64x64 is a tad too big for me. But that's not really a problem.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    MissSassy wrote: »
    I've watched some videos about this new pack on YouTube (mainly Deligracy and EnglishSimmer ^^). When they showed the new world I was disappointed - like many others - to see how small it is. BUT then they showed the rich people's part of the world and I LOVE THE VIEW :love: And the best thing is there's a 64x64 lot so I can move my legacy family over to the new world :) I wish it was a 50x50 tho because 64x64 is a tad too big for me. But that's not really a problem.

I wonder if we can make more smaller houses on the 64 X 64 lot and have more sims there. Like a whole boho colony. I bet that would make a great story of how the rich people are trying to get rid of them and they can't
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @MissSassy Vixella and Deligracy have posted good contented videos too - I don't normally watch Deligracy but to see the game content and stuff... hers were really good
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    MissSassy wrote: »

I wonder if we can make more smaller houses on the 64 X 64 lot and have more sims there. Like a whole boho colony. I bet that would make a great story of how the rich people are trying to get rid of them and they can't

If there won't be more than 8 sims I'm sure it'll work :) I've seen some lots on the gallery where a whole street is built on one big lot.
    @MissSassy Vixella and Deligracy have posted good contented videos too - I don't normally watch Deligracy but to see the game content and stuff... hers were really good

Deligracy's videos showed the new pack really well :)
  • Comet1975Comet1975 Posts: 6 New Member
    The acting career sounds amazing! I hope that with it working the same way as vampires, that it's not TOO easy to get far. It sounds interesting. I love the idea of more interactive careers.
  • KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member
    So its going to add.... two things? Nice. Can't wait for the stuff pack that goes with it which adds the 3rd thing they were going to put in it but decided not to because separating it would make them more money!
  • SimsDramaSimsDrama Posts: 3 New Member
    I am really excited about the acting career and fame/reputation. However, I was hoping for apartments, since it would have made more sense that three lots and add more reality to the storylines. However, still going to play it, the build/buy ítems look quite fascinating. Especially the dove bathtub!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    So its going to add.... two things? Nice. Can't wait for the stuff pack that goes with it which adds the 3rd thing they were going to put in it but decided not to because separating it would make them more money!

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Here is a link to videos that present some of the game-play features, build/buy, and CAS coming in Get Famous.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sims+4+get+famous

• PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    I'm looking forward to this so much! I already have a story planned for a sim who will move away from the suburbs and try her luck in Del Sol Valley and hopefully become a superstar :D
  • verlaineverlaine Posts: 33 Member
    Items looks great~
    Hope there is no Paparazzi!
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Another missed opportunity for more triats and careers. Since this is an expansion pack they should have put more in it. I'm excited for this, but so annoyed at the lack of content put into it.