Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After the news from Sims Camp, will you be buying get famous?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'll buy if it's on sale sometime.
    On sale. Some day I will play again so I like keeping up on the content for the day that I do.

lol, I even bought an $1100 cyberpower pc so I can stay up with it. I just don't play anymore. Not until they make the sims actually behave different.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Yes.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    On sale. Some day I will play again so I like keeping up on the content for the day that I do.

lol, I even bought an $1100 cyberpower pc so I can stay up with it. I just don't play anymore. Not until they make the sims actually behave different.

Same, I bought a gaming laptop too but they're giving all these performance issues excuses. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    pkstracypkstracy Posts: 12 New Member
    Yes.
    Pre ordered it cant wait
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm definitely not rushing into this one, as the general theme is just not something I like. The world style is also not to my taste, and with so few lots it's definitely not the highlight of the pack. The fame system is good, but I honestly don't know how much use I have for it. I do like the negative rep branch and a few of the quirks, but that's such a small part.

The acting career does look interesting, but it's probably something I'll only want to advance in once, mainly to unlock the costumes.

The build/buy is pretty solid and the CAS is full of things I want, so for me, that's where the strong point lies. But I can't justify paying the Expansion pack price for Stuff pack items, so I might get it when it's half off.

I do have some gameplay concerns. I've noticed that the fans and "stans" of celebrities are taken from the regular townies. In one video I watched, the stan was Supriya Delgato of Brindleton Bay, and she was going through the celebrity's trash and creating a mess. I have two big problems with this:

First, does the game randomize just any member of any household to use as fans? Or does it at least limit the selection from unplayed households or "non-favorites"? Because I definitely don't want my own Sims running around chasing random celebrities. I don't want, for example, my vampires to turn up screaming like teenagers and snapping photos. I can't stand when the game decides to assign my Sims to a role.

My second issue is the mess. If stans will be going through a celebrity Sim's trash every day, this is going to accumulate more stinky messes that we already have too much of in this game and I can see this becoming another inconvenience to gameplay.

Another concern I have is from watching one of Deligracy's videos. The "celebrity" Venessa came to her Sim's house to welcome them to the neighborhood, but because of her celebrity status, none of the household Sims were able to greet her. They could invite her in but they couldn't properly start a conversation. This is just weird. I know that it's still an early version of the game and it's going to get more polishing before release, but oversights like this give me cause for concern.

@LiELF Regarding fans/stans etc. These roles are usually assigned to unemployed sims (Supriya Delgato starts new games as unemployed). As long as you assign jobs (or self-employment titles) to your played/favourited sims they should not be used to fill these roles.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Since the holidays are coming, I’ll try to get it on one of those sales. The small world surrounded by uneditable lots and fake decor bothers me a lot, and I still don’t get why it’s only has one active career when GTW (which is a pack I do like!) had three.

I wouldn’t mind as much the one career, if the world was bigger and had some more actual lots in some areas of the map, especially the area on the bottom right areas or even up near the beach-like area.

I also just don’t like the fake environments, especially if some of them look like they should be editable lots.

So, the world is meh. Give me another “Newcrest” world any day.

I do like the rest of the pack, though. :smile:

I just don’t know if it’s enough for me to pay 40 bucks for it, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    After seeing what's in this pack I'm waiting for a sale the only thing I was excited for was the world I thought they had finally given me a world I'd want to use but nope to small and I cant justify spending an extra $20 to get the koi pond or the one male hair style I like a little sooner.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimposeumS4SimposeumS4 Posts: 78 Member
    Yes.
    I'm so excited for this pack! I usually wait a while for people to come out with LPs and show us exactly what we're getting when we download/install the game but depending how much money I have left over after my bills, I'm seriously considering a pre-order.
    [ Call me Oddy. Born in '91, Lesbian | Gamer | Tea Lover | Slytherin | Caffeine Addict ]

tumblr_static_1qgrli35ina8cg00gwswsokgo.png
    link sends you to my simblr
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I almost always buy expansion packs on sale anyway, so that's probably what I'll do this time as well.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I got most of my EP's on sale. It might take a while but the theme of this pack was not very high on my list of things I absolutely want.
    Not if they were to bring witches or werewolves, I would probably pay full price. But for most other themes in packs I'll just wait for a more reasonable price.

I am excited about the terrain tool and custom job title. I can't wait for the patch.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Yes.
    I usually buy packs first for build/buy and CAS and second for the actually gameplay features. I love the victorian theme with some of the furniture and clothes. If I could get it on sale awesome, but I'm not going to wait for a sale that may or may not happen.
  • Options
    Mayotje007Mayotje007 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'll probably buy it if it's on sale, but I really want to know how easy/difficult it is to become famous. I want to have it if I can also just play my regular non famous households. I am a little scared because they announced that any sim can get famous with any career. I wouldn't want every sim to become slightly famous just because I'm playing with that sim.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I definitely plan to buy it, but the only EP that's been a release day must for me was Seasons. So I think I will wait for a sale with Get Famous, but if I get my school work done in time, then maybe I'll treat myself earlier.
  • Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    Yes.
    I am definitely considering to buy the EP. But, the release date being closer to Christmas or given how Sims usually go on sale on February, I might delay my purchase.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    I had already pre-ordered the pack before the embargo ended but the latest news wouldn't influence my decision anyway.

Yes, I'm still disappointed about how small the new world is - BUT I have watched so many videos lately and saw so many little details that just balance it almost completely for me:

I like that the pack interacts with Seasons by giving us new events. I like the new parties. I like that we can get our own star on the Starlight Boulevard and that we can win awards just like at the Oscars. I like the fame system and the acting career and I'm convinced that reputation generally enhances my gameplay the way clubs did. I like the new death by sharks/piranhas and the new woohoo in the vault - which both represent the typical Sims humor for me. I like that we can collect autographs and sell them (Might be a good basis for a celebrity memorabilia shop on Starlight Boulevard? A Hard Rock Cafe? A Planet Hollywood restaurant?).

Furthermore it's so cool that we will be able to be famous the way we want it. Yes, there is no pop star career but our sims can already work as musicians, they can learn to sing and play instruments. And Get Famous gives us a mixing console enabling us to build a studio and produce our own music. So, all that's completely fine for me regarding being a pop star. (The only thing still missing is the opportunity to start a band.)

Because of such little details Get Famous really looks fleshed-out for me.

Yeah, I will get the pack and I'm so looking forward to it. I'm already preparing my wannabe-celebrities for it and started developing stories for them.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2018
    Might be better to pre-order (f you want to do so) just before the due date and definitely after a payday. EA have a tendency to take the money before you think they should have it. I know from previous experience.

Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    No.
    No I don't think so because if they had done this for Sims 3 I would have liked it not spending the money for something they should have given us before abosutely not on this one.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, it brings creative minds, storytelling, playing and giving sims more things to do making sims to acters, stars, being able to ad d scenes. I can't wait.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It feels more like a GP to me, so I'll wait until I can get it at a GP price. If I get it at all. I had plans for only 1 sim to join the acting career, and maybe 4 others to be famous in other ways. So there's not a lot of gameplay value for me right now.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    No.
    I was so excited - that has passed since I saw residential and needed Venue lots both lacking. I've got enough sims commuting - famous Career should not have required commuting for someone trying to get famous. So that decided for me. When this packs gets more residential lots added - then and only then will I buy it - no matter how badly I wanted the new career - I know I don't want my sims commuting. This occupation screams for needing sims to live there.

Just to add - some saying they are buying for storytelling potential - I have to ask- is your story a silent movie then?. Sort of hard to tell much of a story when there is a lack of people to tell the story with.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes.
    Yes I will be buying it. I like a lot of the features and the size of the world is not an issue for me. I won't buy it at release however, I will be watching to see how the mod updates go, as there are several I don't like playing without.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I haven't paid for any of the EPs full price and this pack hasn't inspired me to start now.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    Yep although I did preorder it for a lot less than the asking price :naughty: but the truth is, I actually really like what it adds. Yes, the world is smaller, but we do get one that looks pretty neat + a new seemingly fleshed-out career + skills + trait + aspirations + sleeping pods + drones + bouncers + paparazzi + SELF-EMPLOYMENT (I still cannot believe this) in
    a patch with a fame and reputation system in the EP that will make it even better (here come my ultra famous cooks, writers, FREELANCE PROGRAMMERS - man have I been waiting for this -, actors, music producers, etc.) + a new death type and a super awesome pond (with fish-feeding this time) + a LOT of BB and CAS items, etc.

Would it pay the full 40? Uh maybe not, I don't know, but what I got it for, definitely. Cause I honestly think I will have a lot of fun with it, despite not having been interested in it at all when it was announced (never liked fame much in previous versions). But then I saw the gameplay vids and what can I say: it looks fun, so I'm adding it to my game. It's not exactly like the SEASONS hype but ... nothing is :)
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Same, I bought a gaming laptop too but they're giving all these performance issues excuses. LOL.

SAME here too! I bought a $1200 IBuyPower computer specifically for this game, and I feel like it's wasted on the Sims 4 now. Fortunately I have other games I play too, and hopefully it will be able to handle when the Elder Scrolls 6 comes out in 2019/2020 :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm definitely not rushing into this one, as the general theme is just not something I like. The world style is also not to my taste, and with so few lots it's definitely not the highlight of the pack. The fame system is good, but I honestly don't know how much use I have for it. I do like the negative rep branch and a few of the quirks, but that's such a small part.

The acting career does look interesting, but it's probably something I'll only want to advance in once, mainly to unlock the costumes.

The build/buy is pretty solid and the CAS is full of things I want, so for me, that's where the strong point lies. But I can't justify paying the Expansion pack price for Stuff pack items, so I might get it when it's half off.

I do have some gameplay concerns. I've noticed that the fans and "stans" of celebrities are taken from the regular townies. In one video I watched, the stan was Supriya Delgato of Brindleton Bay, and she was going through the celebrity's trash and creating a mess. I have two big problems with this:

First, does the game randomize just any member of any household to use as fans? Or does it at least limit the selection from unplayed households or "non-favorites"? Because I definitely don't want my own Sims running around chasing random celebrities. I don't want, for example, my vampires to turn up screaming like teenagers and snapping photos. I can't stand when the game decides to assign my Sims to a role.

My second issue is the mess. If stans will be going through a celebrity Sim's trash every day, this is going to accumulate more stinky messes that we already have too much of in this game and I can see this becoming another inconvenience to gameplay.

Another concern I have is from watching one of Deligracy's videos. The "celebrity" Venessa came to her Sim's house to welcome them to the neighborhood, but because of her celebrity status, none of the household Sims were able to greet her. They could invite her in but they couldn't properly start a conversation. This is just weird. I know that it's still an early version of the game and it's going to get more polishing before release, but oversights like this give me cause for concern.

@LiELF Regarding fans/stans etc. These roles are usually assigned to unemployed sims (Supriya Delgato starts new games as unemployed). As long as you assign jobs (or self-employment titles) to your played/favourited sims they should not be used to fill these roles.

Is that still the case? In my current save Victor Feng has his job as a politician but he shows up as a food stall vendor at the San Myshuno festivals. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes.
    bixters wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

SAME here too! I bought a $1200 IBuyPower computer specifically for this game, and I feel like it's wasted on the Sims 4 now. Fortunately I have other games I play too, and hopefully it will be able to handle when the Elder Scrolls 6 comes out in 2019/2020 :)

I want to upgrade my computer next year -- getting a new apartment is first priority, but I can start saving up for it. I want a higher powered laptop that's also lighter (so I can take it traveling), then I want a good gaming desktop system and my husband can use the laptop for web surfing and such. I've been looking at some of the newer ASUS laptops because I've been very satisfied with the one I have.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)