The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    @LolaLuvsSims ok but when it’s normal cold outside my sims get an unhappy Moodlet saying it’s shivering cold in the house I usually have all my sims with at least 5 different Moodlet anyways but the idea that my sims are freezing their socks off in the house erks me lol
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    Garethlex wrote: »
    @LolaLuvsSims ok but when it’s normal cold outside my sims get an unhappy Moodlet saying it’s shivering cold in the house I usually have all my sims with at least 5 different Moodlet anyways but the idea that my sims are freezing their socks off in the house erks me lol

That's strange, my sims only get that moodlets when it's freezing out. Maybe add in a space heater or a fireplace and get some warm drinks
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've been playing the fyres family for a whole in-game year of 28 day seasons in what little free time i've got (finally halfway through winter!) and they've got two fireplaces in their house and do flock to them whenever it's a little chilly out. but i hadn't spotted a cold moodlet from any of them while in the house unless it was freezing out. i did recently turn the thermostat on and their bills are now almost $20k... i honestly don't remember what their bills were before that, but it was easily covered by moira's garden (which does have a near-perfect orchid plant, which is over $500 per orchid)
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited October 2018
    My sims had been married a couple days, Geoffrey set the pan on fire and picked the toddler up and ran out. His wife Felicity ran out and they just stood watching the house burn. I couldn't get the sims to do anything but watch it spread. I fast forwarded hopping the fire engine sims would put it out but they didn't come, it was right hours sims time and i decided to exit without saving.
    When I played the family again i made sure that there were sprinklers just in case it happened again.
    Has anyone else had this before.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »
    My sims had been married a couple days, Geoffrey set the pan on fire and picked the toddler up and ran out. His wife Felicity ran out and they just stood watching the house burn. I couldn't get the sims to do anything but watch it spread. I fast forwarded hopping the fire engine sims would put it out but they didn't come, it was right hours sims time and i decided to exit without saving.
    When I played the family again i made sure that there were sprinklers just in case it happened again.

Not completely sure what you mean by fire engine Sims, but there aren’t any fire fighters in ts4 if that’s what you mean. You can cancel the action to run outside and make them put out the fire, but I also usually put in sprinklers in case it doesn’t work for some reason.

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I discovered Father Winter is a toy thief. Purchased the toddler a Bleep the Robot, on Winterfest.
    Father Winter came as normal, filled up the present pile and then ran into the toddlers room to play with the new robot. I sent my Sims in to ask for presents and he must of placed the toy in his inventory instead of back where he got it, as my Sims no longer have a Bleep the Robot.
    Rebbilina wrote: »

Not completely sure what you mean by fire engine Sims, but there aren’t any fire fighters in ts4 if that’s what you mean. You can cancel the action to run outside and make them put out the fire, but I also usually put in sprinklers in case it doesn’t work for some reason.

Yes, I meant firefighters. I tried to cancel the actions but it wouldn't give !e the option to go in and extinguish, it just had fire, when I clicked fire they just stood outside in the rain.

Oh well, I'll just add more sprink!ers.
    when a fire happens, your sims won't be able to interact with it until you get a message '(simname) has discovered the fire'. then what i very, very much suggest doing, especially if you have a sim on fire... is pause the game! (can not stress that enough, as you'll see from my very, very many replies on how to get sims to put themselves out all over the forums here...)

you're panicking, your sims are panicking. pause the game, sit back, take a few deep breaths, relax. then, while the game is still paused, cancel the 'fire!' interactions on the sims, then click on the fire you want put out (if this is on a sim, obviously extinguish the sim first). you'll see an 'extinguish' option that you want to pick. especially if it's on a sim. and if you do this, sims can extinguish themselves, too

you'll still likely lose a few items to the fire, most can be replaced via clicking to buy new ones, a few turn into ashes and you have to remember what you had there. but yeah, i always try to make sure i've got a smoke detector around anything that can start a fire (...especially in the kitchens...) and usually moo the sprinkler system into some out of the way place (sometimes even at the bottom of a pool) just because i don't like the way it looks
  • WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 Posts: 52 Member
    Apparently in Seasons we can now have Clear Skies with no clouds

I love the headphones on your sim! Is it custom content or are they unlockable?

Has anyone else noticed when a sim child finds a monster under there bed that they actually cry mummy in English. It amazed me.
  • stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member

Yep, I had this on console! Tried to extinguish but nothing worked. I had literally just brought an adopted child home only have her watch her new home & parents burn. It ended with her crying next to the Grim Reaper - never had I seen the 'game over' before in Sims!!!
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    whats with the smelly leaf piles all over the place
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    edited October 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »

Haha. Where have you been for the last 4 months? :p Just search for leaf piles and you'll find plenty of comments. It's a bug and supposedly a fix will be included in the November patch.
    edited October 2018

Haha. Where have you been for the last 4 months? :p Just search for leaf piles and you'll find plenty of comments. It's a bug and supposedly a fix will be included in the November patch.

I know lol :D

I have bin avoiding trees in my game :p

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    @marcel21 really like that lot you have as your profile pic. Is that something you built?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Listening to the New Age music channel turns a sim focused.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Check out the mod here: http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

It's called "leafpile_destroy". It's a good mod, it won't put any viruses on you PC. With it installed, I just pan around the neighbourhood once a day, click on the leaf piles and select "destroy" - they disappear.
    (If you leave it longer than a day though you may have to click each pile several times, as they spawn on top of each other :/ )

It also works for piles of leaves your sims have raked, but you do have to rake the leaves on your lot into a pile first.

:)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited October 2018
    @marcel21 really like that lot you have as your profile pic. Is that something you built?

glad to hear.
    I built it about three years ago. I'm updating it at the moment, going to upload it as soon as I finish with the updates, however the original is in my gallery if you want to check it out, no cc included.
    The update it better version of it,. I should be finished in a few weeks.
    until then help yourself with the original.

origin ID,
    MichaelUKingdon

BabySquare wrote: »

Check out the mod here: http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

It's called "leafpile_destroy". It's a good mod, it won't put any viruses on you PC. With it installed, I just pan around the neighbourhood once a day, click on the leaf piles and select "destroy" - they disappear.
    (If you leave it longer than a day though you may have to click each pile several times, as they spawn on top of each other :/ )

It also works for piles of leaves your sims have raked, but you do have to rake the leaves on your lot into a pile first.

:)

thank you. I appreciate the link
    I have tried setting fires to them, but they don't burn away.
    hopefully the mod will help, had very good mod fixes for this game.

calaprfy wrote: »
    Listening to the New Age music channel turns a sim focused.

thank you, saves buying the poisons B)

for the leaf piles, it looks like a new one respawns every day (up to a stack of 10) in each location once they first appear. and it takes two burns to clear each leaf pile so...can take a while to clear them all out without the mod (i've been working on clearing a whole neighborhood of 10 stacks throughout my current winter...)

that said, the november patch is supposed to take care of this. which i'm seriously looking forward to
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    for the leaf piles, it looks like a new one respawns every day (up to a stack of 10) in each location once they first appear. and it takes two burns to clear each leaf pile so...can take a while to clear them all out without the mod (i've been working on clearing a whole neighborhood of 10 stacks throughout my current winter...)

that said, the november patch is supposed to take care of this. which i'm seriously looking forward to

It rarely takes me more than one burn to clear a leaf pile - it depends on how long the pile has been sitting there. I think the multiple burns are required when a pile has been sitting there since the previous autumn - then, it gets another layer. I've just got one that I burn regularly, since it's next to the fishing pond that my Sim visits frequently. She can miss a day of burning (if, say, it's thunderstorming or too frozen to fish), and it's still just a single burn. Since there are others I haven't burned in a few 'years', I expect those would take multiple burns on the first try.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Is there a way to shut off decorations on other " non-active" houses or lots? I don't like them. They look cheesy.
    kalaksed wrote: »

I have tried to burn them several times with no luck.
    I hope the patch helps.

• kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    Does anyone know if the chance cards for love day will still appear if you switch the day it’s on?