Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    RnM92 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The Twitter answers don't make any sense since they said the new EP world is tiny because of game performance? But in the future they can build bigger worlds with more lots, sometimes, and perforamance will be o.k. Is anyone buying any of that? I mean does that sound logical to you? No, this new EP world had to be smaller, but hold on, we can add bigger ones maybe next time? How is that logical? Or how does it make any sense if the reason the newer EP is so small (world) is because of performance...down south, that dog doesn't hunt.

The logic makes no sense that’s for sure. If you are making sacrifices at this stage then the engine is not as good as they make it out to be. (A Guru said it was a better engine than 3)

It’s just such a confusing tweet. If right now they are making small worlds, why should we expect bigger worlds further down the line whe even more content is added? Doesn’t make sense.

Of course it doesn't make sense, it's a convoluted lie to cover up the real reason that they're not allowed to admit to. Obviously we don't know exactly what that is, but it'll probably be either a design choice, lack of money or time to finish the pack to how they wanted it, or done deliberately so they could make as much money as possible with minimum effort (and expenditure). It seems highly likely to be one of the above, considering how EA treats all their other games (I follow gaming news quite closely). EA do seem to be the masters of coming out with pathetically bad excuses for limitations or downgrades in their games, which they often get caught out for. An example is when they didn't give players the option to customise characters in Star Wars BF2, saying they chose not to as they didn't think pink Darth Vaders looked right, only for people to do some digging and find out that this function had been coded in and removed before release, so that was clearly a lie. They do like to dress up failures and refusals to add features as "design choices", the same way they claim lootboxes are "player choice". It's so blatant to see. I'm honestly nauseated by the excuses that sims devs come up with, I'm sick of hearing how they couldn't do x or decided not to let the player do y. Some of these people worked on the Sims 2, so there really is no excuse for it. I don't think it is all just EA executives behind this though, some of the devs seem to have terrible attitudes and some pretty crazy ideas about this game.

And tbh, I don't even hold out much hope for the Sims 5. Afterall even if it's not exactly the same devs working on it, it'll still be the same EA and EA's company culture dictating how the game is made as the Sims 4. And looking at how other EA franchises have panned out recently (each subsequent game being worse than the last and more cash grabby), I think it's safe to say it'll be even worse. That's if we even get a Sims 5 and EA doesn't just decide to shut down Maxis after they're done with the Sims 4. I personally think they'll carry on with 4 for as long as possible and milk it for as long as it's worth. It seems to have become another one of EA's beloved "live services".

Also another thing I just remembered, a while back we found out they laid off several people from the EP team, so this could be why this EP is lacking, if they've had less people working on it. So it's likely it is that they didn't have enough resources to create a big enough pack.

Great points...

I think regardless of whether we want it to continue or not EAxis will keep making packs for TS4 until this game is even more unplayable as they claim TS3 is. Which is sad... Because people spent their hard earned money on this game and deserve better. Will they even make a sims 5? Who knows. Maybe this is finally the end of the road or they will keep milking this franchise because if they messed this iteration up I don't know how people can trust they won't mess the next up. I know for sure if 5 is announced in the near future, as I said before, this is the end of the road for me. There have been too many downs to ups in this iteration for me to count and I've grown tired. I will have to put my focus on another game and just come back to the sims on occasion. It's been a nice run though. I have had the fondest memories with this franchise.

It saddens me as well and i regrettably agree completely with what you are saying.

Those jobs were refilled for one, some did move to other jobs elsewhere, that is not unusual in this kind of business - but they are not lacking in the dev department - believe me. Do not forget you only see a small number of the people who work on these games - Guru's are the ones you see all the time - and their numbers are small compared to each team. You only have to check the credits on each game to see how large teams really are and Sims 4 has 5 different teams that I know of.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    Garethlex wrote: »
    The Twitter answers don't make any sense since they said the new EP world is tiny because of game performance? But in the future they can build bigger worlds with more lots, sometimes, and perforamance will be o.k. Is anyone buying any of that? I mean does that sound logical to you? No, this new EP world had to be smaller, but hold on, we can add bigger ones maybe next time? How is that logical? Or how does it make any sense if the reason the newer EP is so small (world) is because of performance...down south, that dog doesn't hunt.

The logic makes no sense that’s for sure. If you are making sacrifices at this stage then the engine is not as good as they make it out to be. (A Guru said it was a better engine than 3)

It’s just such a confusing tweet. If right now they are making small worlds, why should we expect bigger worlds further down the line whe even more content is added? Doesn’t make sense.

Of course it doesn't make sense, it's a convoluted lie to cover up the real reason that they're not allowed to admit to. Obviously we don't know exactly what that is, but it'll probably be either a design choice, lack of money or time to finish the pack to how they wanted it, or done deliberately so they could make as much money as possible with minimum effort (and expenditure). It seems highly likely to be one of the above, considering how EA treats all their other games (I follow gaming news quite closely). EA do seem to be the masters of coming out with pathetically bad excuses for limitations or downgrades in their games, which they often get caught out for. An example is when they didn't give players the option to customise characters in Star Wars BF2, saying they chose not to as they didn't think pink Darth Vaders looked right, only for people to do some digging and find out that this function had been coded in and removed before release, so that was clearly a lie. They do like to dress up failures and refusals to add features as "design choices", the same way they claim lootboxes are "player choice". It's so blatant to see. I'm honestly nauseated by the excuses that sims devs come up with, I'm sick of hearing how they couldn't do x or decided not to let the player do y. Some of these people worked on the Sims 2, so there really is no excuse for it. I don't think it is all just EA executives behind this though, some of the devs seem to have terrible attitudes and some pretty crazy ideas about this game.

And tbh, I don't even hold out much hope for the Sims 5. Afterall even if it's not exactly the same devs working on it, it'll still be the same EA and EA's company culture dictating how the game is made as the Sims 4. And looking at how other EA franchises have panned out recently (each subsequent game being worse than the last and more cash grabby), I think it's safe to say it'll be even worse. That's if we even get a Sims 5 and EA doesn't just decide to shut down Maxis after they're done with the Sims 4. I personally think they'll carry on with 4 for as long as possible and milk it for as long as it's worth. It seems to have become another one of EA's beloved "live services".

Also another thing I just remembered, a while back we found out they laid off several people from the EP team, so this could be why this EP is lacking, if they've had less people working on it. So it's likely it is that they didn't have enough resources to create a big enough pack.

Lol I think it’s safe to say wouldn’t you have major attitude if you was restricted to what you could implement in such a huge project or the fact that a large majority of the sims community is throwing negative feedback from day one ! ... oh I’d be miffed too... or I would just leave like all the other producers and creators ....

They don't leave a good job because of feedback, they either get offered something else or laid off, or decide to work somewhere else where they have more leadership or more money. It has absolutley nothing to do with fans. They go to school to do this stuff (some of them) so of course they want to go where it's better for themselves and their families, and where they may be able to shine more so than at Maxis. Like on other games, where their talent is needed more than what is used for TS4 or Maxis. It has nothing to do with fans. But the companies and their own policies and HR. ETA: How Maxis spends their budget has very little to do with EA, once the contract is set, Maxis decides how things go, not EA.

@Cinebar I think your misunderstanding.... when I mentioned negative feedback from simmers I meant this would have a major negative impact on the culture of the workplace ! These things have a knock on effect just my assumption as to why they have such a foul attitude .... You nor I work there so we are non the wiser but this is what I meant..

Maxis developers for years have said how much they love working for Maxis, EA, and their work environment. They have also stated (but people ignore it and blame EA) they have a lot of freedom to do whatever they decide to do. Even Lyndsay (over Maxis) has said that. I take them at their word, they have said it for years on every game, and back in the day The Sims sectioin at Maxis was known as the hippy section, a lot of goofing off, playing pranks and having fun, but they produced a very good game, so their antics were probably game related to understand how things work in the real world. People who have worked at Maxis have said it's always a lot of fun, and why fans won't believe that is beyond me. Even Lyndsay and EA CEOs have said they don't tell Maxis what to do on these games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member

Lol I think it’s safe to say wouldn’t you have major attitude if you was restricted to what you could implement in such a huge project or the fact that a large majority of the sims community is throwing negative feedback from day one ! ... oh I’d be miffed too... or I would just leave like all the other producers and creators ....

They don't leave a good job because of feedback, they either get offered something else or laid off, or decide to work somewhere else where they have more leadership or more money. It has absolutley nothing to do with fans. They go to school to do this stuff (some of them) so of course they want to go where it's better for themselves and their families, and where they may be able to shine more so than at Maxis. Like on other games, where their talent is needed more than what is used for TS4 or Maxis. It has nothing to do with fans. But the companies and their own policies and HR. ETA: How Maxis spends their budget has very little to do with EA, once the contract is set, Maxis decides how things go, not EA.

@Cinebar I think your misunderstanding.... when I mentioned negative feedback from simmers I meant this would have a major negative impact on the culture of the workplace ! These things have a knock on effect just my assumption as to why they have such a foul attitude .... You nor I work there so we are non the wiser but this is what I meant..

Maxis developers for years have said how much they love working for Maxis, EA, and their work environment. They have also stated (but people ignore it and blame EA) they have a lot of freedom to do whatever they decide to do. Even Lyndsay (over Maxis) has said that. I take them at their word, they have said it for years on every game, and back in the day The Sims sectioin at Maxis was known as the hippy section, a lot of goofing off, playing pranks and having fun, but they produced a very good game, so their antics were probably game related to understand how things work in the real world. People who have worked at Maxis have said it's always a lot of fun, and why fans won't believe that is beyond me. Even Lyndsay and EA CEOs have said they don't tell Maxis what to do on these games.

@Cinebar ok well you continue to take their word for gospel... lol
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited October 2018

You can continue to believe them and I will continue to be very critical of what they say. I just assume that they are not getting proper budget for what their player base really requires for the game. Like I actually require major bug fixes before getting new content.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

@Cinebar ok well you continue to take their word for gospel... lol

I take them at their word when they say EA doesn't tell them what to add to the game and they decide that/those things, and if fans are unhappy with the packs then that isn't EA's fault that is the leadership of the teams and whomever is over Maxis. The buck has to stop somewhere.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Great points...

I think regardless of whether we want it to continue or not EAxis will keep making packs for TS4 until this game is even more unplayable as they claim TS3 is. Which is sad... Because people spent their hard earned money on this game and deserve better. Will they even make a sims 5? Who knows. Maybe this is finally the end of the road or they will keep milking this franchise because if they messed this iteration up I don't know how people can trust they won't mess the next up. I know for sure if 5 is announced in the near future, as I said before, this is the end of the road for me. There have been too many downs to ups in this iteration for me to count and I've grown tired. I will have to put my focus on another game and just come back to the sims on occasion. It's been a nice run though. I have had the fondest memories with this franchise.

It saddens me as well and i regrettably agree completely with what you are saying.

Those jobs were refilled for one, some did move to other jobs elsewhere, that is not unusual in this kind of business - but they are not lacking in the dev department - believe me. Do not forget you only see a small number of the people who work on these games - Guru's are the ones you see all the time - and their numbers are small compared to each team. You only have to check the credits on each game to see how large teams really are and Sims 4 has 5 different teams that I know of.

How do you know for certain how many teams they have now? How can you be sure the devs that left earlier were replaced?

I mean that’s assuming the stuff pack team still exist, currently no fan can say for certain they do or they don’t. So I can guesstimate the number of teams but I can’t be certain.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Fwiw, my spouse worked in games, knew some of the original & subsequent programmers & developers. I take what people say publicly about their employers with a big dose of salt. It's different when they talk in their private forums. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2018

You can continue to believe them and I will continue to be very critical of what they say. I just assume that they are not getting proper budget for what their player base really requires for the game. Like I actually require major bug fixes before getting new content.

I'm not sure how they go about checking for bugs anymore. One person said many years ago they had some sort of machine or sort of technolopgy that looked for bugs for them but EA discontinued that and removed those things around the time of TS2's end. I don't know. But as far as what we get these days, what would budget have to do with whether they add one more lot to the new world in the new EP or a two-headed shower? See what I mean? Maybe, just maybe, sometimes, the best choice for the player isn't the priority but what they want to do, and or what they thought was fun, and we don't. I think if I made a poll right now and ask which would you have preferred they add to the new EP, one more lot or that two-head shower, I think I know the answer. ETA: Or how about instead of pet clothes or at least not so many, money could have went for a dog house or bigger pet bed or something. Budgets have their limits, very true, but choices sometimes matter more, and what players would have preferred instead of what gurus liked. Just sayin' not everything is about the actual budget, but choices made.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

I'm not sure how they go about checking for bugs anymore. One person said many years ago they had some sort of machine or sort of technolopgy that looked for bugs for them but EA discontinued that and removed those things around the time of TS2's end. I don't know. But as far as what we get these days, what would budget have to do with whether they add one more lot to the new world in the new EP or a two-headed shower? See what I mean? Maybe, just maybe, sometimes, the best choice for the player isn't the priority but what they want to do, and or what they thought was fun, and we don't. I think if I made a poll right now and ask which would you have preferred they add to the new EP, one more lot or that two-head shower, I think I know the answer. ETA: Or how about instead of pet clothes or at least not so many, money could have went for a dog house or bigger pet bed or something. Budgets have their limits, very true, but choices sometimes matter more, and what players would have preferred instead of what gurus liked. Just sayin' not everything is about the actual budget, but choices made.

I assume budget has a lot to do with the "pretty backdrop" and lackluster gameplay content. I also figure it has some correlation to why they have yet to fix some major bugs in the game. Just the way they try to shift attention on how the game looks and not how it plays gives me reason to be skeptical.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    If they are to release Sims 5, it needs to be far better than Sims 4 release, which is why I am hoping they are taking so long. ( We can all wish).
    A mass year hiatus, would lose more fans than continuing release for Sims 4.

The announcement for the new EP though suggests to me that Sims 4 is done, maybe a few game packs but they should properly stick to stuff packs, if that's all the game can manage.

I am disappointed, as i always loved the Sims worlds. As much as i like, Oasis Springs and Willow Creek, after 4 years they are boring and very small.

I own all the EP and Game pack worlds just do not like the Game play/Story progression that goes with them. A fault of Sims 3 they choice to copy without the benefits, of nice Sims 3 or even 2 worlds.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »
    If they are to release Sims 5, it needs to be far better than Sims 4 release, which is why I am hoping they are taking so long. ( We can all wish).

The announcement for the new EP though suggests to me that Sims 4 is done, maybe a few game packs but they should properly stick to stuff packs, if that's all the game can manage.

I am disappointed, as i always loved the Sims worlds. As much as i like, Oasis Springs and Willow Creek, after 4 years they are boring and very small.

I own all the EP and Game pack worlds just do not like the Game play/Story progression that goes with them. A fault of Sims 3 they choice to copy without the benefits, of nice Sims 3 or even 2 worlds.

Just gotta grin at this statement. Yes you can wish. We all aren't with you on it though.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Plainevil wrote: »

Just gotta grin at this statement. Yes you can wish. We all aren't with you on it though.

No 2 simmers ever have the same opinion, choices are choices, life is life.

After sims 4 release i spent 30 mins playing and walked away, i knew it was not forever just waiting for more. I know i was not alone.

• Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    It's interesting, because I spent some time yesterday evening reading about the big Trion announcement that's happened. Some of the comments were about how amazing it was when a game seemed to try so hard to kill itself...... and then I come over here and read this discussion, and the comments are not unlike those at all. But that's really a different topic.

Players of this franchise seem to be coming to the realization that three more years does not necessarily mean three more good years. It's an important distinction to make - and it changes everything, does it not?
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

Players of this franchise seem to be coming to the realization that three more years does not necessarily mean three more good years. It's an important distinction to make - and it changes everything, does it not?

Sadly, i think you are correct. Only time will tell.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member

"...three more good years": whaddya mean, more? :tongue: Good for EA's sales, maybe. Good for the player? That varies! :wink:
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Truth mine can be at 200, but that was not the point, the point was when I was playing when Cats and Dogs came out it did do a drop of recommending to have no lag and I did want my game to play as smooth as possible so yes I did the recommended. but when I did I notice they did not allow 80 even when they said 80, that was the point I wanted to make. I only have 32 sims on this one so I can not even check properly. This was a big deal when we got Cats and Dogs, and even @Rosemow came and help everyone learn how to set it as unlimited. Because it was thought to make your game run best. Not that you could not. So it became a practice for me
    If you set yours at 80 they would do the same I am sure, but why I do not know. Someone may test it out.

Mine recommends 200 max. I can set it to 80, 150, 200, or unlimited, but that's different than what is recommended. I wonder what the specifications are for the different recommended number.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I know I am in the minority here, but I kind of see the new world as a side issue - just their way of giving us a few ready-made venues set up for exclusive VIP entry without messing up our existing worlds with new lots - remember how indignant we were in TS3 when they made festival lots that were designed to plop themselves into our already-edited worlds? The way I see an EP is I am buying new gameplay, any objects and worlds are simply in support of the new gameplay to get us started. I only have a few households that are suited to living in Hollywood, and they include Michael Jackson and Emma Watson. I also have members of the British royal family but they would hate it there, they have large country retreats in my game. All the other sims in my game will probably only go to Hollywood for evenings out. After all - it takes no longer to get from The Bluffs to a nightclub in the new world as it would to pop next door to the same club if you were already living there! :D
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Truth mine can be at 200, but that was not the point, the point was when I was playing when Cats and Dogs came out it did do a drop of recommending to have no lag and I did want my game to play as smooth as possible so yes I did the recommended. but when I did I notice they did not allow 80 even when they said 80, that was the point I wanted to make. I only have 32 sims on this one so I can not even check properly. This was a big deal when we got Cats and Dogs, and even @Rosemow came and help everyone learn how to set it as unlimited. Because it was thought to make your game run best. Not that you could not. So it became a practice for me
    If you set yours at 80 they would do the same I am sure, but why I do not know. Someone may test it out.

Mine recommends 200 max. I can set it to 80, 150, 200, or unlimited, but that's different than what is recommended. I wonder what the specifications are for the different recommended number.

Mine recommends 200 max as well, we can all change it to anything we like, But I recommend you go to Support because this Forum does not have Tech support for you to find what the specifications are for the different recommended numbers any longer. Sorry.

My conversation steamed from EA plans to give us less and less. It was not to talk on Tech support subjects, again sorry.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I often wonder how much money people who make the suggestion of the OP have spent so far on the game.

Are you asking me? I'm not sure, I can't remember which packs I purchased on sale. Limited Edition I know I got for half off the first week of TS4's release. Let's see which packs I do have and have played for the first three years.

GTW
    GT
    Vampires
    Dine Out
    Parenthood
    OR
    Spa Day
    Movie Stuff
    City Living
    Cool Kitchen

In order of release except OR I bought after GT.

And maybe a few more SPs or GP? I can't remember since I stopped playing last Aug. 2017 when my saves were wiped and out by the save system they had changed (twice, even my backups) and Origin was messing around and needed to be reinstalled every month or suggested by Origin to reinstall older version which also started to have to be reinstalled almost every month and then dealing with the three a month Origin patches each month. You might consider me a disgrunled player?

I probably am, but it sort of looks like I know what I'm talking about, doesn't it? Since I had the packs up until C&D. I mean I was purchasing packs and playing what for the first three years until they announced C&D which I wasn't going to buy anyway, not my cup of tea. My familiarity of the game has often been questioned, but anyone can find my builds on the gallery (under Cinebar) and my game videos (stories not Let's Play) on Youtube under wndy10010TS2.

I've pulled several older ones over the years as I had to make room for more with a newer games etc. Don't get a lot of traffic, don't care, but it's just something that says, yes Cinebar is an avid Simmer and knows all the games in detail.

Not proud of it, (channel etc.) since that means I've had to stay inside or wasn't well enough to go out anywhere and spent what days I do feel like learning something in The Sims. But it's been thearpy.

So, if anyone wonders, yes, I have created machinma and many others things like custom content for all these games, not saying I was ever any good, but fun to learn or experiment. I think TS4 is my least interested in making any cc for this game. I have to love a game to try that. Because sometimes, it's a big headache. :) Wonder if I have spent enough to know anything about TS4? :D

Awesome answer don't you think so Loanet,? I think he bought a lot of packs for sims 4. No wonder he has so much interest in what's going on with The Sims 4. Wow, even special additions. :) I do not have any special additions, they cost too much for me.

I like this comment I just never knew you bought so many games packs cool. It's sad to think of sims 4 future though, I do feel its end game for sure. Just wish they would just let it go in a timely manner like the other games in this series.

What EA/Maxis do know is that it's a bad engine, they also know they must give us smaller worlds that will have less and less content. If they keep this up it will be a long 3 or 4 years of getting very little if nothing of what we wanted. Driveways now without cars, boats without water. And it begins.... our future With Sims 4.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I know I am in the minority here, but I kind of see the new world as a side issue - just their way of giving us a few ready-made venues set up for exclusive VIP entry without messing up our existing worlds with new lots - remember how indignant we were in TS3 when they made festival lots that were designed to plop themselves into our already-edited worlds? The way I see an EP is I am buying new gameplay, any objects and worlds are simply in support of the new gameplay to get us started. I only have a few households that are suited to living in Hollywood, and they include Michael Jackson and Emma Watson. I also have members of the British royal family but they would hate it there, they have large country retreats in my game. All the other sims in my game will probably only go to Hollywood for evenings out. After all - it takes no longer to get from The Bluffs to a nightclub in the new world as it would to pop next door to the same club if you were already living there! :D
    No, I don't? I was happy with those lots and downloaded them right away. Why did they make you indignant? For me a new world has always been a very important part of the whole experience. And for me it's more than something to look at.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Great points...

How do you know for certain how many teams they have now? How can you be sure the devs that left earlier were replaced?

I mean that’s assuming the stuff pack team still exist, currently no fan can say for certain they do or they don’t. So I can guesstimate the number of teams but I can’t be certain.

Ask her, I am sure she would not mind telling you if she is Part owner Of EA/Maxis. then you will know why she knows. Our future of these years and who is working on what?
    This is the thing, when EA employees are speaking we know, it's on their profile, to me if they are one of the owners or stockholders we should know as well by it being something to show they are part of EA/Maxis. Just a thought, but I have often wondered why not.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    No, I don't? I was happy with those lots and downloaded them right away. Why did they make you indignant? For me a new world has always been a very important part of the whole experience. And for me it's more than something to look at.

It was because many (if not most) people had already made their large parks into different types of lots and didn't like having to choose between having the park back (now festival/seasonal changing) or keeping the lot they had been working hard on. And some people were caught off guard and did not notice they had a choice so it overwrote by surprise. The gurus are aware of this, that's why they mention being careful not to alter lots on existing worlds.

• Options

It was because many (if not most) people had already made their large parks into different types of lots and didn't like having to choose between having the park back (now festival/seasonal changing) or keeping the lot they had been working hard on. And some people were caught off guard and did not notice they had a choice so it overwrote by surprise. The gurus are aware of this, that's why they mention being careful not to alter lots on existing worlds.

You do not have to worry about not overnighting your Lots or parks just make you game lots any way you want, you can save the lots into your library before you change it,

Even if you have already done so, and You forgot, just save your game and go to a New Game and all is back that way you can go to that lot or park and save it into your library, then log off and go back to your Save and put it down again anytime because it always in your library. :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    EA/Maxis already said we are allowed 80 sims for optimal gameplay, and truly it's just 79, they will not allow 80.

The games says recommended number of sims is 200. where are you getting the number 80 from?

Our households in Sims 4, the ones with the hearts, you can go to unlimited if you like but not recommended. Recommended is 80, really 79

That was the figure automatically quoted when you have a lower spec. machine and I got that with my last PC. When I got my gaming laptop it automatically updated to 200 so you might be one of those EA is catering for by having smaller neighbourhoods.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Yes, I agree it was aggravating for TS3 to go ahead and install new lot types into my game. It's been a few years (was playing TS4) since I played TS3 but didn't we get a patch where we could refuse to let the game to auto add the new lot types and then later we could decide where to put those new lots/shells etc.? But yeah, that patch should have been in the game the first year, not years later. I was often annoyed and I think a time or two I either missed the request or it didn't happen and the game did it anyway (even after the patch) or I just wasn't paying attention.

It's not just the small amount of lots in the new pack but the fact it is 99% fake. Everwhere you look it's all fake. Sorry, Maxis, but my DNA from Sim City, screams let me tear that down, let me add lots, let me move that fake beach, let my 'agents' walk down to that beach, let me bulldoze that fake car. Let me put up traffic signs, when I see fake backdrops that DNA just goes crazy. And in the new pack it's (fake ) all over the place.

Even one of the houses next door is so real looking (but a fake module) you think your Sim can live there so my mind can't handle that sort of illusion. Maybe that's a hint to what type of building will be going on in the new game. Fake modules we just drop down and viola, built already.

Because that one in this new world is different from all other fake houses next door, it's very real looking. So, I assume it's some sort of shell/module and that's the future.

Who said players were waking up to the fact three more years didn't mean three more good years, they win today's internet.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top