Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About TS4: Get Famous

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    Тhe real title for this expansion - EA:Get Rich.

EA is already rich by most standards.

Hmmm, maybe that shower is Maxis take on the shower for shower woohoo. Anyone ask the game changers perhaps? I can just see Catloverplayers eyes lighting up if that's the case. Poor guy has been hoping for that forever in Sims 4.

If that's true, then I guess that is another example of ensuring that people to have this expansion for shower woohoo? Funny since the showers are not any bigger, just add another shower head. WOW
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    To me two shower heads is just about extravagance. It fits, or will fit some of the characters we can make. Wish they had been at opposite ends of a bigger shower though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    Тhe real title for this expansion - EA:Get Rich.

EA is already rich by most standards.

Hmmm, maybe that shower is Maxis take on the shower for shower woohoo. Anyone ask the game changers perhaps? I can just see Catloverplayers eyes lighting up if that's the case. Poor guy has been hoping for that forever in Sims 4.

If that's true, then I guess that is another example of ensuring that people to have this expansion for shower woohoo? Funny since the showers are not any bigger, just add another shower head. WOW

We've got elbows! :p:#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone is this game going to be a celeb?

From their parents. Nicole Richie, famous because of her father. This is so common. I'm confused why others are acting like this is a rare occurrence.

Sure, but it's overkill. What if you just want the kid to be a nobody and have a regular life, and not get any fame from charisma and or their parents. I know lots of stars where we don't even know who their kids are and they never go into music, acting or anything else but want to be regular people.

There's an opt-out system. It will be up to the player who gets famous or not.

That's good but does it work if the parents are famous? Also, if kids can be famous just because they are kin to a famous person then that is exactly like TS3 celeb system in one way, famous for who you know, instead of what you do. That was the complaint in TS3.

There a lot of kids in real life that are famous because of their patents.What's wrong for kid sims the same? Besides you only get some fan not all ? You can also opt out.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    There a lot of kids in real life that are famous because of their patents.

Okay, that's a great typol :grin: So few kids have patents for inventions, that one would indeed expect them to become famous! :)

As to your question, t'other person's point was that some famous people manage to keep their children out of the limelight, and she wants that option for her sims.

I'm all for giving simmers options. Nobody has to play the way other people do. ;)
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Now that we have vaults and ultra-rich, famous sims there should be a way to spilt money when moving people out, inheritance, etc
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Whoaaa was not expecting this thread to be popular. Too many comments to respond to individually, but I enjoy reading your thoughts.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone is this game going to be a celeb?

From their parents. Nicole Richie, famous because of her father. This is so common. I'm confused why others are acting like this is a rare occurrence.

Sure, but it's overkill. What if you just want the kid to be a nobody and have a regular life, and not get any fame from charisma and or their parents. I know lots of stars where we don't even know who their kids are and they never go into music, acting or anything else but want to be regular people.

That's good but does it work if the parents are famous? Also, if kids can be famous just because they are kin to a famous person then that is exactly like TS3 celeb system in one way, famous for who you know, instead of what you do. That was the complaint in TS3.

If you disable fame in the options menu, fame will not increase for newly generated sims or sims who do not already have fame. Even with global fame disabled, you can opt-in or out individual sims at any time using the Fame window.

So in summary, if the kid is not already famous (and fame is disabled,) they will not gain fame. If they are already famous and you don't want them to be, click 'Quit the Spotlight' and they become a normal, everyday sim.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    As for kids being a bit famous due to their parents, that's realistic so I'm glad they kept that part from TS3. The difference is now we have complete control over who becomes famous (and how they become famous,) without using cheats or mods.
  • Options
    karlakoukarlakou Posts: 23 Member
    I'm trying to get excited for Get Famous, but I'm finding it difficult to believe that it is an EP, not a GP?! I might wait until it goes on sale. It does look fun, though!
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

If you disable fame in the options menu, fame will not increase for newly generated sims or sims who do not already have fame. Even with global fame disabled, you can opt-in or out individual sims at any time using the Fame window.

So in summary, if the kid is not already famous (and fame is disabled,) they will not gain fame. If they are already famous and you don't want them to be, click 'Quit the Spotlight' and they become a normal, everyday sim.

Okay so you can globally disable fame... but maybe just enable it for some sims? That would be wonderful for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Hermitgirl Yep. That's exactly what I'm going to do. First thing I'm doing is ticking that checkbox so I can choose who becomes famous. I will be keeping the famous sims that already exist in Del Sol Valley, however.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    I'd hate to see the famous sim being the spotlight of the lot all the time, thus breaking the lively community and interaction between the other sims.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'm glad they listened to complaints for features in previous games and enhanced them in the next iteration so they can give us more customized features that fit our play style. It won't be perfect but I'll always give them credit when they do something right.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Possibly if the parents are famous, but you don't want the kids to be, we can opt out at that point? I don't know how it works, and will pass judgment when I know a little more. I think they're doing a livestream on the whole fame/reputation aspect.

I love their live streams lol, they just make such a big mess of things, when they did, I think seasons, the baby was about to get taken hahaha. I think they all got caught on fire lol. I think two died. I do not remember I was laughing too much, and also calling friends to watch it. I think he left the toddler in the pool :D while he changes the weather to snow.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I really hope this Expansion can keep me entertained for a while, I'm worried that a few days after release, I'll just lose interest in the game again.
    I'm trying to pin point exactly why I'm starting to feel disappointed with the game, is it because I'm just getting older and I've played since The Sims came out? I know we shouldn't be comparing each generation, but if we compare this to Superstar, it has all the key features that game did (New neighbourhood, fame/star system, tons of new objects), as well as a fleshed out acting career (I know we don't have active musician or fashion, but you can still become a famous musician to a certain extent). With all those features, I played Superstar for years, even when The Sims 2 came out, I was still playing the original too because it kept me entertained. I just feel like something is really lacking here. :disappointed:
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hi :)
    can kids and teens get famous to?
    I just wondered.
    thanks.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    can kids and teens get famous to?
    I just wondered.
    thanks.
    Yes, kids can get to the 2/5 celebraty status

• Options
    Vitta wrote: »
    I'd hate to see the famous sim being the spotlight of the lot all the time, thus breaking the lively community and interaction between the other sims.

I wonder if fans react to celebrities that we're not currently playing? I hope so, but I guess it wouldn't be too disruptive. It depends on how often celebrities appear on lots and how famous they are. And whether or not they're wearing a disguise.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    I really hope this Expansion can keep me entertained for a while, I'm worried that a few days after release, I'll just lose interest in the game again.
    I'm trying to pin point exactly why I'm starting to feel disappointed with the game, is it because I'm just getting older and I've played since The Sims came out? I know we shouldn't be comparing each generation, but if we compare this to Superstar, it has all the key features that game did (New neighbourhood, fame/star system, tons of new objects), as well as a fleshed out acting career (I know we don't have active musician or fashion, but you can still become a famous musician to a certain extent). With all those features, I played Superstar for years, even when The Sims 2 came out, I was still playing the original too because it kept me entertained. I just feel like something is really lacking here. :disappointed:

Well... for one, you haven't played it yet, so it might not be as lacking when you actually play it.

Secondly, with all the LP videos out, I for one think watching other people play can "spoil" the discovery part. There were no LP videos for any of Superstar. You had to pretty much figure stuff out on your own.

Third, a lot of people watch the videos to try and figure out "is this worth my money? Is it worth an EP or should it have been a GP? The previous one had this stuff and this one has that stuff... " When people watch from this viewpoint, they have already framed their anticipation in a completely different way. Did people do this with Superstar? There was nothing to compare it to back then. It was the first of its kind.

Finally - it's been almost two decades of playing Sims. Personally I still really enjoy it but it's not surprising that it doesn't have the same shiny factor. Of course the game itself can be improved too, but how much of it is the game (probably some part) and how much of it is just getting to being "complete" with the genre? There was a different game I played intensely for years and then I got to a point and I was done. The game hadn't changed for the worse, in fact it was getting better, but I just couldn't muster up any excitement at all and stopped cold turkey.
  • Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    > @IceyJ said:
    > Vitta wrote: »
    >
    > I'd hate to see the famous sim being the spotlight of the lot all the time, thus breaking the lively community and interaction between the other sims.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wonder if fans react to celebrities that we're not currently playing? I hope so, but I guess it wouldn't be too disruptive. It depends on how often celebrities appear on lots and how famous they are. And whether or not they're wearing a disguise.

They do, yes. If there are more than a famous sim on the lot, fans and paparazzi pay attention to both of you. I didn't like the fact the other celebrities can be a fan of you and even faint to a point where it becomes a tad absurd.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2018
    there was only a trailer of Superstar... you had to figure out all of it.. there was know how to or game guides.. but that part of the fun of it, learning
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »

Well... for one, you haven't played it yet, so it might not be as lacking when you actually play it.

Secondly, with all the LP videos out, I for one think watching other people play can "spoil" the discovery part. There were no LP videos for any of Superstar. You had to pretty much figure stuff out on your own.

Third, a lot of people watch the videos to try and figure out "is this worth my money? Is it worth an EP or should it have been a GP? The previous one had this stuff and this one has that stuff... " When people watch from this viewpoint, they have already framed their anticipation in a completely different way. Did people do this with Superstar? There was nothing to compare it to back then. It was the first of its kind.

Finally - it's been almost two decades of playing Sims. Personally I still really enjoy it but it's not surprising that it doesn't have the same shiny factor. Of course the game itself can be improved too, but how much of it is the game (probably some part) and how much of it is just getting to being "complete" with the genre? There was a different game I played intensely for years and then I got to a point and I was done. The game hadn't changed for the worse, in fact it was getting better, but I just couldn't muster up any excitement at all and stopped cold turkey.

I loved Superstar personally but my play style at that time was wayy different than now. I kind of told stories or backstories to myself but the game for me was always about meeting needs then trying to figure out how to advance. If I got mods to fix those needs the game became boring to me at that point. I know I would play with an object in superstar that would auto fill my sims needs and it was helpful because it was very hard to get through a day on that studio lot. You also had to maintain soo many friendships on top of that. Since we couldn't play with aging off (I guess you could cheat it don't remember) every day for me was.. I guess interesting because it was driven by ?anxiety? challenge? ect.
    I almost think if you can't drive your own gameplay to a certain extent through your own stories, challenges ect it might be harder to feel engaged every time you play this (Sims 4) game. Or if you don't like a more relaxed play style for the most part. This is just my opinion on how I played it in the past and now. Thankfully for me I'm a story teller and now the game is more relaxing if I just want to go do things because the needs aren't so bad and I'm not so driven to get this done right today before my sims life runs out.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    I haven't looked at the build buy videos yet. Maybe it will be a good fit for a luxury spa.

Here is a picture
    20181023_131229.jpg

I just watched lilsimie's celebrity starter home video, and she used this shower in it, and I noticed that it doesn't actually have two shower heads, it just has a mirror on the side beside the shower head so it looks like there are two.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    @floridameerkat
    Oh good... two shower heads next to each other didn't make any sense to me.. I thought two on separate ends or a shower sounded good though. Nice catch.
    egTcBMc.png