Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The lot sizes in Del Sol Valley are ridiculous

RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
I know that we're all disappointed of Del Sol Valley's size in terms of lot numbers, but the lot sizes are also really off. Found this tweet with the different sizes and I really don't know what we're meant to do with especially Mirage Park. The Pinnacles are fine. Starlight boulevard is alright, though I'm personally not a fan of 20x20 and 30x30, since there aren't a lot of those lots on the gallery. Also, why is there a national park in there? I know we can remove it, but I really don't see the point.

That aside, what are we meant to do with Mirage Park? It's meant to be this cheaper area for sims that are just starting out, but the lots are huge. I was really looking forward for some smaller lots for townhouses in the city, maybe 20x15 or 20x30, max, but I really don't see how I could make a townhouse look good on those huge lots. It doesn't make sense at all that sims that are just staring out would live on a huge lot. I've never been to LA, but from what I know, house prices are high and I don't see how that translates into poorer sims living on a huge city lot.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I know that we're all disappointed of Del Sol Valley's size in terms of lot numbers, but the lot sizes are also really off. Found this tweet with the different sizes and I really don't know what we're meant to do with especially Mirage Park. The Pinnacles are fine. Starlight boulevard is alright, though I'm personally not a fan of 20x20 and 30x30, since there aren't a lot of those lots on the gallery. Also, why is there a national park in there? I know we can remove it, but I really don't see the point.

That aside, what are we meant to do with Mirage Park? It's meant to be this cheaper area for sims that are just starting out, but the lots are huge. I was really looking forward for some smaller lots for townhouses in the city, maybe 20x15 or 20x30, max, but I really don't see how I could make a townhouse look good on those huge lots. It doesn't make sense at all that sims that are just staring out would live on a huge lot. I've never been to LA, but from what I know, house prices are high and I don't see how that translates into poorer sims living on a huge city lot.

They put a national park because it has little requirements. Imagine having to put a jungle gym in the middle of LA and a bunch of kids hanging out on it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Mirage Park really bugged me at first sight.
    It's not good when the surrounding area looks more interesting than the area in which you are playing.
    There also should have been five smaller lots there. The place just feels wrong.

So much effort put into set dressing bothers me.
    The surrounding area is beautiful, but I would rather have more of that work put in parts of the game that I actually play, not look at and eventually forget about. And useless beach front property? Wasted opportunity. I would love the place if there were 2 more lots in Mirage Park, The Pinnacles, and if there was a beach front area.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I still don't get it, why the Mirage Park has bigger lot sizes despite we've been told that it will be for the wannabe Stars to kick start their celebrity journey.. The Pinnacles can be expanded more... and the beach should give us empty Lots too.. it will be a great place to open up a restaurant, clubs and of course houses... The Lots are seems so far away from the water resource too... Never been to LA but I was expecting this world is supposed to be the busy & bigger world.. where lots of people in the city area & walking alongside the streets near the beach.. like at the Santa Monica..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    You can always make the townhouses in front and at the back, make like a faux park or something. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm going to place an open air coffee shop where the park is so my sims can be seen and photographed out and about sipping their latte's. As for Mirage Park, I'm copying a post I did in another thread to here to show how I'll handle Mirage Park.

I'm a builder, so only 11 lots was a disappointment. But I have decided to use the three lots in Mirage Park as lots with blended families. By that, I mean making several unrelated sim live on one lot and share everything while living in separate units.

For example, there are two lots side by side. On the left lot (the larger one) I'll build two houses similar to the bungalow's across the street. This way the neighborhood will look cohesive. In one house, I'll place an elderly couple who are semi-retired movie extras. They met many years ago on set and can follow their relationship through the movies they were extras in. They bought the house next door to rent to wannabe's looking to make it big.

In the right lot, I'll build another similar house for a family with a child and a toddler. They "fixed up" the room above the garage to rent out to help make ends meet with their growing family.

In the lot across the street, I might try building a bigger rooming house where sims have a private bedroom and bath but share common rooms like the kitchen, dining room and living room.

It'll be a fun challenge.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm going to place an open air coffee shop where the park is so my sims can be seen and photographed out and about sipping their latte's. As for Mirage Park, I'm copying a post I did in another thread to here to show how I'll handle Mirage Park.

I'm a builder, so only 11 lots was a disappointment. But I have decided to use the three lots in Mirage Park as lots with blended families. By that, I mean making several unrelated sim live on one lot and share everything while living in separate units.

For example, there are two lots side by side. On the left lot (the larger one) I'll build two houses similar to the bungalow's across the street. This way the neighborhood will look cohesive. In one house, I'll place an elderly couple who are semi-retired movie extras. They met many years ago on set and can follow their relationship through the movies they were extras in. They bought the house next door to rent to wannabe's looking to make it big.

In the right lot, I'll build another similar house for a family with a child and a toddler. They "fixed up" the room above the garage to rent out to help make ends meet with their growing family.

In the lot across the street, I might try building a bigger rooming house where sims have a private bedroom and bath but share common rooms like the kitchen, dining room and living room.

I like this idea and I was literally thinking along the same lines, but maybe loads of YA's rooming together all trying to make it big..
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2018
    DeKay wrote: »
    You can always make the townhouses in front and at the back, make like a faux park or something. :)

I know, and I know that I could make empty townhouses on the sides, but the bills will be terrible and I honestly think it would make my game very glitchy. I rarely live on larger lots for a reason. Hopefully, it'll be easier when they fix up a lot of the bugs, but my game is still not completely smooth after seasons.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Team10 house? Bunch of wannabes all living together?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

I know, and I know that I could make empty townhouses on the sides, but the bills will be terrible and I honestly think it would make my game very glitchy. I rarely live on larger lots for a reason. Hopefully, it'll be easier when they fix up a lot of the bugs, but my game is still not completely smooth after seasons.

My blended family is nothing more than unrelated sims (however there could be siblings like a set of twins wanting to become stars and one succeeds and the other struggles) all living in one house/building with a private space via locked door and common areas to share. If I create a rooming house with an owner/operator, I can have up to seven sims living together.

All the money/bills are pooled together as the game sees it as one household, but I consider that like rent and when they make it big, I can move them out and cheat any money I think they might have earned.

If you build townhouses, you can move sims in using the lock doors to keep the others out and in their own townhouse. If you want to have a party, unlock the doors and whoop it up.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I was literally thinking this the other day. But that only covers one of the big lots.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I was watching English Simmer's video of the perks/quirks and there are several perks that fit the Paul brothers type of fame. Becoming famous just by posting crazy things and having others follow you like your some god or other. I might give that a try. :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited October 2018
    The 50x40 is the weirdest of all. There's no reason for such a huge plot of land in what's supposed to be for the "poorer" neighborhood.

Yeah, I'm thinking of using that one for some kind of multi-building group living arrangement. Build it like an urban commune type thing. Or something like a trailer community with a community centre.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

My blended family is nothing more than unrelated sims (however there could be siblings like a set of twins wanting to become stars and one succeeds and the other struggles) all living in one house/building with a private space via locked door and common areas to share. If I create a rooming house with an owner/operator, I can have up to seven sims living together.

All the money/bills are pooled together as the game sees it as one household, but I consider that like rent and when they make it big, I can move them out and cheat any money I think they might have earned.

If you build townhouses, you can move sims in using the lock doors to keep the others out and in their own townhouse. If you want to have a party, unlock the doors and whoop it up.

I’m not sure why you quoted my post, but yes, I understood that. I was talking about the townhouses people build where they put empty structures on the side to make it look right.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2018
    The most shocking for me is to see people who are okay with this. I mean even if you love TS4 as hell you can't deny that it's ridiculous. Even worlds from Minecraft are bigger. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Man, San Myshuno outshine Del Sol Valley.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

edited October 2018
    I'm still bother at why they still haven't increase the minimum requirements & recommended requirements.
    The system requirements right now is still 2014, you check it here from EA https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-system-requirements/#laptop-mode

In all honesty this wouldn't happen if they just increase the system requirements.
    So that the Del Sol Valley would've have a larger world size.
    Come on EA & The Sims Developer this is 2018 almost going to 2019. Please increase the system requirements.

Not only that I am disappointed that there aren't any luxury penthouses or apartments for celebrities to be in.
    Gosh, it's like Hollywood doesn't even have apartments, even though the Expansion Pack is based on Hollywood, California.

Also, the luxury community The Pinnacles is laughable only 3 lots even though it looks gorgeous, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I was hoping for just 5, FIVE luxury celeb LOTS...
    I wouldn't mind that the Mirage Park has only 3 lots, but man there's no middle class here??? I wouldn't mind if they put 3 or 4 middle class lots in Del Sol Valley.

THERE SO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, We can't even go to Del Sol Valley's Beach, an empty side on the RIGHT of the map, looks like a typical directing district.

Man, even the commercial district on the LEFT isn't accessible, I really want to see a Sims version of Capitol Records, Grauman's Chinese Theater etc.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bch1_Ep5M1s

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EqPtz5qN7HM
    Post edited by JasonRMJ on

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm wondering were the skating rinks will spawn.

This is so insightful.
    Probs it won't spawn would be distasteful to see it in a Hollywood area.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »

This is so insightful.
    Probs it won't spawn would be distasteful to see it in a Hollywood area.

With Seasons they spawn in all worlds. It will spawn somewhere.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I like this idea and I was literally thinking along the same lines, but maybe loads of YA's rooming together all trying to make it big..

You could do a boarding house -- create an older couple, maybe give them full skills in handiness and cooking and they take care of all the repairs and cooking for the young people. If door locks get fixed each resident could have a lockable door for privacy, then have the open areas for community gathering. Or you could skip the cook/handyman and make a building with several studio "apartments".

I'm likely going to use Mirage Park for some of the venues I want -- a karaoke bar, a restaurant, maybe a spa. I'll have fun making over Del Sol Valley to suit my needs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The most shocking for me is to see people who are okay with this. I mean even if you love TS4 as hell you can't deny that it's ridiculous. Even worlds from Minecraft are bigger. :smiley:

You're limited to that single world though IIRC, same with Sims 3. In Sims 4 the entire game is your universe; you don't have to live in Del Sol Valley to become an actor, you can live in Oasis Springs and commute. (When I do my actor, s/he will live in a Needs TLC apartment in San Myshuno starting out -- that could make a good challenge to see how long it takes them to climb to the top and move into the Pinnacles.) I would have liked more lots, but I can make do with what we've been given.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member

That's a good idea.
    I hadn't realized that park was so small. I will replace it too.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds