Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to become a tattoo artist?

1235...Next

Comments

• VampirePrincessxVampirePrincessx Posts: 11
    edited September 2011
    You need these following traits to become a Tattoo Artist.

1.) Dramatic

2.) Friendly

3.) Artistic

4.) Perfectionist

5.) Charismatic
  • TheReprogrammedTheReprogrammed Posts: 19
    edited May 2012
    Has anyone stayed in the Stylist profession long enough to just see if it's an off-shoot of that? Once you get high enough, it's supposed to be a hidden skill you can use and be paid for it while still being a stylist.
  • Netball-Star2000Netball-Star2000 Posts: 12
    edited June 2012
    You can't become a tattoo artist but it would be great if you could :? :?
  • ellie19973ellie19973 Posts: 17
    edited June 2012
    Oh man! I was really hoping that you could register as self employed as a tattoo artist but sadly no. This makes me want to cry. I'm tired of being a ghost hunter and the tattoo artist seems like a good job for my sim. I don't want to play pretend tattoo artist. Its a huge dissapointment. They even advertised it, I mean come on.
  • ellie19973ellie19973 Posts: 17
    edited June 2012
    Maybe you could join the stylist career and delete the tatto artist using cheats and take over the tattoo artist chair. If another sim comes to take over the job then thats just going to be annoying but just keep deleting the tatto artists just in case another shows up. I am not going to do it because I prefer to actually have it as my job not pretending to be a tatto artist when your really a stylist, a stylist just gets old. The sims are annoying. It gets old when you have to keep giving new clothes to sims. Putting tattoos on sims is quick and easy while putting clothes on them...it gets hard. The upside to a stylist though is giving new clothes to sims so they don't go around town wearing the most unbeilivibly rediculous clothes known to man. I might just be a tatto artist at my house but its not going to be as fun as having it as an actual proffesion.
  • SUPERsimsfan01SUPERsimsfan01 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I have a solusion, Buy your own tattoo chair, and get the skill up. Maybe you can register self-employed? I don't know
  • PrettyGirlFuryPrettyGirlFury Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    this might sound weird but, has anyone thought about trying to kill the default tattoo artist and see if the position is available? well, i'm going to try it, i will post my results.
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited October 2012
    I created a sim with the traits Artistic, Charismatic, Dramatic, Friendly, Perfectionist, gave her a pink fauxhawk, and the Fashion Phenomenon lifetime wish. Then I had her go to the salon (in Appaloosa Plains), join the Stylist Profession, clicked on the tattoo chair and had the option to offer 2 people in the vicinity a tattoo.

Downside: she gave a dude a tattoo, but I couldn't see the design.

Upside: she's giving tattoos to strangers and getting paid (to be a stylist).

Time will tell: will she get the option to be called "Tattoo Artist" in her career path? If an NPC Tattoo Artist shows up, will she loose the option to "Offer Tattoo"?
  • chloewhite33chloewhite33 Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Try pressing shift and then clicking on the tatoo artist whilst holding shift and then click add to active family, Hoperthis works for you x :D
  • Jakok12Jakok12 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    There is a skill but I'm not sure how to gain skill points.
  • YoujustgotLOKIDYoujustgotLOKID Posts: 60 New Member
    edited January 2013
    You can bA
    a tattoo artist! read this!tThanks yahoo!

apparently the Tattoo artist is an off shoot of the stylist job so you need to pick the fashion phenomenon. You will need dramatic, friendly, artistic, charasmatic and perfectionis. Took my so long to figure this out..
  • simsrocker1479simsrocker1479 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I would love to become a tattoo artist too. However you cannot become a tattoo artist EA have not allowed people to do it. However i have something that may or may not work, type in testingcheatsenabled true then click one the tattoo artist and click add to family i don't know if it works however! x
    Simsrocker1479 xx :)
  • LdarkharteLdarkharte Posts: 10
    edited April 2013
    I think its one of those jobs you want but can't hav only NPC's can.. Such as the food merchant or a store thingy majigger (the store from ambitions that sells stuff for more money) It annoys me though..
  • Jess_vs_GamingJess_vs_Gaming Posts: 5 New Member
    How do I acquire the tattoo skill?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    How do I acquire the tattoo skill?

@Jess_vs_Gaming, not sure which Sims game your playing but here is link for the TS3 Sims tattoo skill that explains what you need to do... :) The skill is a hidden skill
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6194.0
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/991031-the-sims-3-ambitions/answers/203181-how-do-i-become-a-tatto-artist
  • Jess_vs_GamingJess_vs_Gaming Posts: 5 New Member
    What about Sims 4?
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    What about Sims 4?

As this is a Sims 3 thread I am going to close it now and you're asking about The Sims 4 I am going to close the thread. That said, there is no tattoo skill in The Sims 4 to the best of my knowledge. Sorry!
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top