Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Chat Room

Does Anyone know how to use origin chat room to chat, is it with a microphone or text writing, and can this be done in live game mode or not. ?

Comments

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I chat with people in Origin, if I am in game or not a pop-up will appear on my screen telling me one of my friends has messaged me,& the message,but I am usually not quick enough to read it all before it disappears, I will open Origin,if it is not already open, & on the bottom of the page near my Friends list you will find the message,you just click underneath to message/type them back, basically it is like texting, but through Origin!
    ~ I hope that made sense? Need any more help just PM me, OK! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    I have one Origin friend who also plays Sims but we never seem to be on at the same time so I've never actually used it.
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for responding, I was hoping to chat with a microphone than this text writing, it would've been a hold lot easier to explain to someone that I'm helping out in the game how to do things for their builds, I've been doing this through pm message somethings are tricky to explain in this text writing it would've been good if we had an option on this, as long as the other person is ok with this, I guess I have to think a better way to explain in this text writing and thanks again :)
    Post edited by chips46 on
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Have you tried using the voice chat option @chips46? It comes up when you right click on their name (second in the list). Obviously the other person will need to have a mike as well.

Maybe we should think about having an Aussie/Kiwi Sims Discord channel. I use Discord when playing Elder Scrolls Online. Discord is a free download.
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited October 2018
    ~ Good idea,one worth considering,but we would need a few to make it a worthwhile chat line,I myself would find it easier to explain exactly what I mean,when my "WORDS" don't convey what I mean!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

I heard you need a few friends for this to work in which I have 0 friends :(:'(
  • Aconn103Aconn103 Posts: 2 New Member
    Chips46 I don’t have any friends on origin either
    Hi @Aconn103 what's your Origin ID
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    chips46 wrote: »
    Does Anyone know how to use origin chat room to chat, is it with a microphone or text writing, and can this be done in live game mode or not. ?

Hi there chips46 :)
    I have a few international sim friends I made on the TS3 forums that I occasionally chat to via Origin. I have the voice chat feature activated so whenever we are online together we simply chat via our microphones so we do not have to stop simming :D
    I hope this helps answer your question xx
    rnKEhBT.png
  • EmpressVelEmpressVel Posts: 38 Member
    > @chips46 said:
    > Hi @Aconn103 what's your Origin ID

Let's be Origin friends! lol
    Origin ID: EmpressVel
    "Unless they paying your bills, pay them b*tches no mind" - RuPaul
    Hi @SportsStar25 If you like I'm chips46 on the gallery B)
  • EmpressVelEmpressVel Posts: 38 Member
    Hey @chips46 I have sent you a friend request on Origin :) EmpressVel is my name on it.
    Origin ID: EmpressVel
    "Unless they paying your bills, pay them b*tches no mind" - RuPaul
    edited November 2019
    Hey thanks @SportsStar25