Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World, But So Much Empty Space! [Get Famous]

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    I love the backdrops of this world, they are so detailed and it just sets the mood. For me personally immersion > number of lots. I always hear people saying they’re running out of space yet I don’t use even half of my lots. Not even sure how many we have, but isn’t it like 100+ at this point?

And for me, an expansion pack doesn’t get its value by number of buildable lots. I value gameplay, objects, the world is just an added bonus. Seasons didn’t even add a world yet it’s worth every cent for me.

I agree with you that the gameplay is one of the most important factors... Some simmers play in one save game and they have been playing generations of Sims families.. So, it would be nice if this new world will give us some space to allocate the family members. :)

Personally, I don't think we can compare with the Seasons. With the Seasons.. it changes the entire world that we have in the game with 4 seasons, although it does not come with a new world..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I too prefer to keep the EA lots and build my own for my own sims, but the comparatively small number of free lots has forced me to bulldoze widely. I play a very large rotational game.

Seasons not adding a new world was a problem for me, but I expected EA to address it later. They have not.

Yet.

Time for either player-placeable lots or another iteration of Newcrest.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I love the backdrops of this world, they are so detailed and it just sets the mood. For me personally immersion > number of lots. I always hear people saying they’re running out of space yet I don’t use even half of my lots. Not even sure how many we have, but isn’t it like 100+ at this point?

And for me, an expansion pack doesn’t get its value by number of buildable lots. I value gameplay, objects, the world is just an added bonus. Seasons didn’t even add a world yet it’s worth every cent for me.

I agree with you that the gameplay is one of the most important factors... Some simmers play in one save game and they have been playing generations of Sims families.. So, it would be nice if this new world will give us some space to allocate the family members. :)

Personally, I don't think we can compare with the Seasons. With the Seasons.. it changes the entire world that we have in the game with 4 seasons, although it does not come with a new world..
    I play generational as well, I’ve been at my Goth legacy for almost a year now. All i know is windenburg had a lot of lots, but i got bored of the gameplay within a day. City living had an amazing world, again with barely anything to do. Cats and dogs, same issue, I felt all the budget went into that world and CAP and at the end of the day gameplay lacked badly. I was just throwing in my input, albeit a possible an unpopular one.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited October 2018
    I said this in another thread, but is anyone also feel like the slum lots are way too big to really big slums? Like those are huge lots and look more like for upper middle class than for people who can't afford to make their bill payment every week. [...]

Maybe they tried to compensate the few lots with more space? First thing I thought. I know I'll probably build two houses on the 50x40 one.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I get the feeling they wanted to focus on the gameplay rather than making the world larger, which I totally understand and can really respect (other reports have stated that, outside of the world size, the game is pretty stuffed). It's just disappointing to have so few lots.

Again, I really wish they'd release another empty world like Newcrest.

Gameplay? How can you have gameplay when there is no empty lots for my own sims to be played in this game ep? I don't move out Maxis sims or tear down Maxis lots - I add my sims with which I play my game with by building them a home on empty lots and use empty starter homes. Where are all these as I have 5 households of sims I have been grooming for for this particular pack. WHERE do I put them? Where is my 5 waiting lots for my 5 households ready to go into this game to use that gameplay? Gameplay doesn't mean a darn thing if the sims I have been working on so hard cannot be moved into this town to use the game play. They were not groomed for this new world for no reason and you think for the love of all that is good in a creative life simulation game that has been around for the last 19 years these devs would know by now how it works seeing a good number of them have been around since Sims 2. ALL the other games had ample space in every world for all our sims and plenty of game play. SORT of a THE SIMS requirement - correct me if I am wrong.

HOW many times do they need to be asked over and over by players for lots for our sims. EVERY single pack apparently is not enough.

If my sims cannot play in this world due to lack of available space for them - why on earth would I spend 40 dollars on this world and its gameplay?

This is not a video or movie I am buying to watch - it is a game I should be able to play in like I have always played in the Sims game since November of 1999.

Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen a message like this from you 😂😂

I guess every simmer has a breaking point - even one that has defended them so much. It seems this great big world had more than ample space they could have given us some of that space to play on and instead they left it to visuals instead. I guess it is the proverbial straw that broke this camels back when you actually look at how huge this place is and what space they allotted us.

I absolutely love reading your comments as they’re always very insightful. That one was just surprising but definitely needed!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would have also liked a few more lots to build on, I would’ve liked a residential area that’s not as scummy as the low end district, but not as fancy as the high end district. Thinking about it now, there’s probably work place lots for the acting career, so it does add on to the overall size that we’re not seeing here. Overall the world is very pleasing, I’ve been wanting a world like this one for a while and Del Sol Valley looks stunning, hopefully it functions just as well as it looks.
    xamira99 wrote: »

I play generational as well, I’ve been at my Goth legacy for almost a year now. All i know is windenburg had a lot of lots, but i got bored of the gameplay within a day. City living had an amazing world, again with barely anything to do. Cats and dogs, same issue, I felt all the budget went into that world and CAP and at the end of the day gameplay lacked badly. I was just throwing in my input, albeit a possible an unpopular one.

Sure.. :) I agree.. but the active careers & retail that we have in the GTW is also kinda repetitive, which will make this new active career to be on the same path? Although, it was told that, it will be more details with a new system.

I think, it's totally depends on the individual.. they could get bored with a repetitive game or enjoy playing a rotational game in one save. I'm not sure about the cost allocated to develop a game, but, I'm pretty sure it should not only driven by the budget although, it is important. I don't think that it is wise for the EA to work on something that could jeopardise their revenue. Imagine that, if more than half of their customers are going to buy this pack during sales or with a bundle?

As you said, you may get bored with the GT gameplay... But, I like it plus it comes with the beautiful world. So, it is a personal preference. I respect your view, but I still think that the world that is coming with the GF is not justifying how cool it was as advertised. :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    I get the feeling they wanted to focus on the gameplay rather than making the world larger, which I totally understand and can really respect (other reports have stated that, outside of the world size, the game is pretty stuffed). It's just disappointing to have so few lots.

Gameplay? How can you have gameplay when there is no empty lots for my own sims to be played in this game ep? I don't move out Maxis sims or tear down Maxis lots - I add my sims with which I play my game with by building them a home on empty lots and use empty starter homes. Where are all these as I have 5 households of sims I have been grooming for for this particular pack. WHERE do I put them? Where is my 5 waiting lots for my 5 households ready to go into this game to use that gameplay? Gameplay doesn't mean a darn thing if the sims I have been working on so hard cannot be moved into this town to use the game play. They were not groomed for this new world for no reason and you think for the love of all that is good in a creative life simulation game that has been around for the last 19 years these devs would know by now how it works seeing a good number of them have been around since Sims 2. ALL the other games had ample space in every world for all our sims and plenty of game play. SORT of a THE SIMS requirement - correct me if I am wrong.

HOW many times do they need to be asked over and over by players for lots for our sims. EVERY single pack apparently is not enough.

If my sims cannot play in this world due to lack of available space for them - why on earth would I spend 40 dollars on this world and its gameplay?

This is not a video or movie I am buying to watch - it is a game I should be able to play in like I have always played in the Sims game since November of 1999.

I guess every simmer has a breaking point - even one that has defended them so much. It seems this great big world had more than ample space they could have given us some of that space to play on and instead they left it to visuals instead. I guess it is the proverbial straw that broke this camels back when you actually look at how huge this place is and what space they allotted us.

I think we will have to get used to less lots in the game so that Simmers can still play on ageing PCs. This next expansion has so many fans and paparazzi and other stuff going on so that it must take a toll on them. @SimGuruKate said something like this on Twitter.

I can't see any solution other than stopping the game at this expansion for those PC's and upping the specs to gaming pcs with a new download and larger game packs in future for those with powerful ones.

Xboxes could cope though and are much cheaper than gaming PCs so that could be why EA is downloading the Expansions and packs so fast. They also will be getting mouse and keyboard support in the future.
  • LovelyRose99LovelyRose99 Posts: 52 Member
    to be honest... it's EA's decision. i agree that they did that so older PC's can play. it's not like you're gonna have 11 families, you're probably only gonna have one or two. again, it's EA's decision.
    HELLO I AM YOUR HOST YANDERE-CHAN WITH EYEPATCH
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes! I commented on this on another thread (I didn't notice this one, my bad) and I am glad so many people think the same as I do. I thought I was being a gripe lol
    giphy.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    to be honest... it's EA's decision. i agree that they did that so older PC's can play. it's not like you're gonna have 11 families, you're probably only gonna have one or two. again, it's EA's decision.

Yes but it is our decision not to buy the pack at all if they cannot make decisions we like too. Besides I am pretty sure it was a Maxis decision - who makes the game and not EA's who publishes the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited October 2018

But then, it is up to us to give the EA the $$$$ to make a wise decision.. Plus, I do have more than 11 families in my game... and they have children that are growing up... I'm not a player who deleted the pre-made Sims.. everyone has a different game play... :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Yes but it is our decision not to buy the pack at all if they cannot make decisions we like too. Besides I am pretty sure it was a Maxis decision - who makes the game and not EA's who publishes the game.

Yeah we are the consumers and we have the power but sadly with The Sims Franchise it's the opposite.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Double post, but houses circled in red are NOT editable and should be.

ZYjAjmN.jpg

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

ZYjAjmN.jpg

Totally. I really don't understand why they're not lots. I mean there's no reasons...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018

ZYjAjmN.jpg

Wait..What...Why? Thats a darn shame... what's even sadder is they give the illusion of being editable....
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

ZYjAjmN.jpg

Wait..What...Why? Thats a darn shame... what's even sadder is they give the illusion of being editable....

Right? The editable lot on the left looks exactly like the ones that aren’t editable (graphics/design wise). Usually you can tell which are deco houses but with these you can’t.

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Don't think of it as empty space, rather look at it as a lot of beautiful background. ;)

Perhaps the glass isn't half empty but it is half full.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited October 2018

Depends on how you play. I play rotation style and play lots of families that world couldn't even house all the families I have in willow creek right now which is sad because that's a base game world. I gave an example of how it harms gameplay for even an average user. So I'm playing a concept save right now that's based on the paper and pen game, cyberpunk sim style. So right now the only worlds being used are willow's creek and Forgotten Hollow. No other worlds do I use for this save at all. I was planning to buy this expansion pack specifically FOR this save because this save is perfect for a sleazy, dirty, and underworld style hollywood. The plan was to phase out using willow's creek and use the new world. So again only two worlds would be used in this save the new world and forgotten hollow. Now with only 11 lots there is no way I'd be able to do that I'd have to still use a third world to make that possible. That's ridiculous.

It's not about the total number of lots in all the worlds. It's that each world should be big enough to allow for decent amount of sims for rotational play. I don't think ANY world should be under 20 lots. I think it's a disgrace that any are at all. I think a good number to shoot for is actually 25-30 for each world. So imo all the worlds should be BIGGER not smaller.

I routinely play with over 15+ families often more. So yeah I definitely will. lol. Many of us do and we deserve to be able to play this game too.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2018
    So all those houses right on the water there are uneditable? That’s really annoying, I would’ve built a beachside restaurant and some cool beach houses.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

ZYjAjmN.jpg

It's a crying shame and it also means that it kind of forces you to build in a specific style if you want some aesthetic harmony in the neighbourhood.

I think whenever I get this EP, I will turn every lot in this neighbourhood into community/commercial lots bacause I don't see the point of having only 3 neighbouring families surrounded by backdrop and fake space.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member

Same. I'm shocked. But I completely agree with Reg.

There was a time when we could even edit the worlds and place empty lots. Since we can't do this they need to make sure that they provide more lots to build on.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

It's funny to read this because in TS2 my (RL) family played this game and we had lots of families (definitely 10). We always liked to play in the same neighborhood so that are families could interact with each other. I'm sure there are simmers out there who plays with that many families. I definitely play with more than 2 because I like the generational play with grandparents, siblings, aunts/uncles, nieces/nephews, cousins all in the neighborhood.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    edited October 2018
    Tiarella wrote: »
    I too prefer to keep the EA lots and build my own for my own sims, but the comparatively small number of free lots has forced me to bulldoze widely. I play a very large rotational game.

Seasons not adding a new world was a problem for me, but I expected EA to address it later. They have not.

Yet.

Time for either player-placeable lots or another iteration of Newcrest.

Ah! That is the word I'm looking for "rotational" play.

I agree! But I don't know if we will ever get to place lots in TS4, only because how the hoods are made.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    The map view is a lot different than on lot view. But I don't mind either way. I've only ever played three lots so far so.... :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)