The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley was small on purpose

So, we sacrificed open worlds for performance but now closed worlds will be smaller and smaller for performance as well?!

Also...HOW?! One lot literally loads and renders at a time so how is having more worlds going to affect this if they don't load in until you click on them. Am confused, someone explain.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    You are not alone in your reaction to either the number of buildable lots, or to the explanation provided.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I wish that I have the exact answer for this.. I'm questioning this too.. why? how? : s
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2018
    Oh ugh. This makes me sad. I was hoping for an expansion of Forgotten Hollow in another supernatural pack, but if world size is now being sacrificed for performance, I guess that won't happen. Off to find a map...

Edit: Whoa, wait, am I seeing this correctly? 3 neighborhoods, 2 with 3 plots and 1 with five? Ah well, I guess Windenberg is my new Forgotten Hollow. I think they gave it longer nights.

Also, shouldn't it be Valley Del Sol? Del Sol Valley is really awkward.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Except they keep forgetting that most people have i5 computer or higher, why is EA always think the Sims players are way behind the times than what they truly are? Really that was the time during TS3 main stream computers are now using i5 cell phones use i3m now. Yes, that is right main stream computers are now i5 while the smart phones are still a great market for the i3 chips. You can upgrade the game requirements now.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    You know, Sims 3's worlds generally had 60 - 120 lots. I get the feeling that the entirety of Sims 4 will have fewer lots than just one store world of Sims 3. Why is this an issue with a closed world? Or is it a size thing? I know console users are limited in size, and it's really difficult to delete/disable a pack once you buy it.

Whatever -- this is kind of ridiculous that the game can't even handle a ton of lots with a closed system.

I suppose that kills the last hope of CAW.

The question is how will they continue to develop the game for 3 years if they can't even handle world with more than 11 lots. lol it's so ridiculous. ^^

Yeah, that's kind of crazy. Well, now we also know why there's no store I suppose. I wonder if they're waiting for the next generation of consoles before releasing Sims 5. But I think they'll be out in two years, so who knows. I am back to thinking this engine isn't nearly as robust as they were claiming it was ;)
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sounds like an excuse to me.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Me as soon as I saw the map:
    giphy.gif

Thank's for making me laugh even when I'm angry as hell. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    You know, Sims 3's worlds generally had 60 - 120 lots. I get the feeling that the entirety of Sims 4 will have fewer lots than just one store world of Sims 3.

We’re already over 180 lots in a single save.
    Hidden Lots/Vacation spots still take up room.

They ONLY started reducing the size of worlds since console came into the picture.

I have a strong feeling that things are being sacrificed for console, which is making me angry.

Still, it’s clear the budget for the world that didn’t add a lot of lots, went into the Build Buy because it’s huge.

I never even put console into the picture up until you mentioned it. It makes total sense now why they are so small and with so little lots.

But the lot number doesn't have anything to do with world budget, it just can't, it makes no sense. Neighbourhood count would. The world has the best backdrops so far and is overall much better organised in comparison to the previous worlds. Adding more lots wasn't a budget problem.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    You know, Sims 3's worlds generally had 60 - 120 lots. I get the feeling that the entirety of Sims 4 will have fewer lots than just one store world of Sims 3. Why is this an issue with a closed world? Or is it a size thing? I know console users are limited in size, and it's really difficult to delete/disable a pack once you buy it.

Whatever -- this is kind of ridiculous that the game can't even handle a ton of lots with a closed system.

The question is how will they continue to develop the game for 3 years if they can't even handle world with more than 11 lots. lol it's so ridiculous. ^^

This is exactly my thoughts. If they have 3 years planned out already, I am worried to see what those 3 years will be, if they are already limiting the crud out of our worlds. 11 lots is pretty pathetic.

There are so many valid points here, that I pray a Guru reads this thread and realizes their excuse it not okay.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

This is exactly my thoughts. If they have 3 years planned out already, I am worried to see what those 3 years will be, if they are already limiting the crud out of our worlds. 11 lots is pretty pathetic.

There are so many valid points here, that I pray a Guru reads this thread and realizes their excuse it not okay.

They are reading but I don't think they really care. Once they're at home it's not their business anymore. And they don't seem to learn cause since the beginning they know we want more lots but all they do is giving us more backdrops while amazing games like RDR2 etc can give the players amazing worlds.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I hope the lot traits aren't locked, like some of the San Myshuno ones are.
    Gallery ID: LDM2