Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum name changes?

I've been wanting to know EA's stance on forum name changes. We can change our Origin names, but not our forum names? I'd love to be able to change my name, as well as many others I'm certain who feel the same as me. I've outgrown my username since it was made when I was 13-14 years old, if I recall when I made my account on The Sims 3's website?
It references a Japanese graphic novel/anime series I've come to honestly hate over the years. Why did I even like it when I was kid?? I'm cringing at it so much. Ugh. If I could go back in time and punch myself, I certainly would.

I know a big reason why EA hasn't already implemented this is because they're afraid of people abusing it with changing their names frequently. I'd opt for the system to work similar to Facebook's name change system; you can only change once every eight or so months. I'd recommend there being specific thread with an automatically updated log kept to show who's name has been changed to what. If a person finds a username offensive or abusive, they can report that name on the log and it can be looked at by moderators. As for name changes over time go, once a name is used it can only be reused by the person who initially signed up with the name. This prevents fraud and a problem I've seen on tumblr for some time, where a person will take a username from someone who changes their name and tries to sell it immediately, especially if its a very sought after name (usually having to do with fandoms, common names, music, etc).

If any moderators or EA staff read this, please do leave a reply so the idea isn't just left out in the open with no definite answer. A simple yes or no will be a welcome answer. :heart:

Comments