Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are cars and burglars next?

Looking at the new info on Get Famous and I'm starting to wonder if EA is majorly hinting that burglars and cars are in the works. I mean, the new neighborhood has drive ways galore and a new vault system to keep money in which makes no sense since no one can currently steal from our sims. Hmmm....

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm wondering this too. And with the new Vaults, it seems like something burglars could steal from. I think I saw a picture of some type of security system inside the vault itself too?
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm wondering this too. And with the new Vaults, it seems like something burglars could steal from. I think I saw a picture of some type of security system inside the vault itself too?

Yeah there was an option to add a security system which really makes no sense without burglars. I mean I guess klepto sims could, but even still, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a hint.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Looking at the new info on Get Famous and I'm starting to wonder if EA is majorly hinting that burglars and cars are in the works. I mean, the new neighborhood has drive ways galore and a new vault system to keep money in which makes no sense since no one can currently steal from our sims. Hmmm....

Cars possibly sometimes in 2019 as Grant said they haven't made them yet however Burglars I think are very likely to be coming soon maybe in the December Patch.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I think Grant said they're not coming this year, so maybe 2019.

I do agree that all the prop cars and UI changes are too on-the-nose
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No. Nope. Naw. Nada.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I just watched a few of the videos people made at sims camp and there are a tonne of prop cars around which apparently are also not included in the debug menu. There's also lots in the background that appear to have proper garages on them AND the new lots have what looks like driveways.

It really really looks like a big hint to me. As for burglars? I don't know if the vault is a hint, but I hope so. I miss them as much as I miss the cake dancer :(
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
    I just watched a few of the videos people made at sims camp and there are a tonne of prop cars around which apparently are also not included in the debug menu. There's also lots in the background that appear to have proper garages on them AND the new lots have what looks like driveways.

It really really looks like a big hint to me. As for burglars? I don't know if the vault is a hint, but I hope so. I miss them as much as I miss the cake dancer :(

Yeah, there are lots of cars in this pack which is just ... weird. There is a truck with a trailer attached to it parked in one driveway, real driveways attached to the playable lots, cops cars rolling through town along with other cars that have never been in the game before. It all seems too coincidental especially since Grant straight up said that we aren't getting cars yet.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    This is Graham quote:
    "No, vehicles are not coming in Get Famous, or at any point in the near future."

Sadly they are not working on vehicles and not anytime soon.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Goodywood wrote: »
    This is Graham quote:
    "No, vehicles are not coming in Get Famous, or at any point in the near future."

If memory serves me right, they pulled this same stunt with toddlers so I don't know if I have much faith in what they claim to be the truth anymore. I also remember hearing that terrain tools weren't coming in the Sims 4 and yet here we are.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    This is Graham quote:

If memory serves me right, they pulled this same stunt with toddlers so I don't know if I have much faith in what they claim to be the truth anymore. I also remember hearing that terrain tools weren't coming in the Sims 4 and yet here we are.

They have never told us that toddlers and terrain tools weren't coming. You probably heard rumors that were generated by simmers.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    This is Graham quote:

I hope they do add vehicles. I want them so bad. :(
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    This is Graham quote:

Actually yeah I do remember back when there was a lot of demand for toddlers they told us again and again that they weren't coming any time soon and that the hints we had found weren't hints. and then out of the blue they dropped toddlers. I feel like this will be the case with cars.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What about the travel button being changed to a car symbol? Hint? Maybe, maybe not, you decide.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What about the travel button being changed to a car symbol? Hint? Maybe, maybe not, you decide.

Exactly. Why would they add that, knowing people want cars? I think it's ludicrous and a can of worms are being opened when they supposedly aren't working on them in the near future. smh I thought the magnifying glass was fine.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited October 2018
    I wouldn't mind having burglars back as long as I can do something in that moment instead of just being frozen on the spot. :D That always drove me insane. I want to beat them up or at least have the option to try.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

Cars possibly sometimes in 2019 as Grant said they haven't made them yet however Burglars I think are very likely to be coming soon maybe in the December Patch.

We're getting a huge new-feature in the November patch. I honestly don't expect another huge new feature in a patch a month later!

I do feel like they've been dropping car hints into packs. Reallllly hope they're working toward something with cars. And reallllly hoping that it's vehicle gameplay not just getting in cars, going somewhere and getting out of them. That seems so pointless to me, and goes against a lot of how Sims 4 has been being developed. #NoBoringCars

Not so sure about burglars. I'm not convinced that adding things that a burglar might want to steal shows any indication of burglars on someone's development list. I mean, we've had big TVs and expensive small statues and whatnot since Day 1. I do hope that if they are planning burglars, they don't steal stuff like built-in dishwashers and that they don't get so repetitive and boring so fast. Also that they tie in to the Kleptomaniac trait and the Criminal career. #NoBoringBurglars
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited October 2018

We're getting a huge new-feature in the November patch. I honestly don't expect another huge new feature in a patch a month later!

I do feel like they've been dropping car hints into packs. Reallllly hope they're working toward something with cars. And reallllly hoping that it's vehicle gameplay not just getting in cars, going somewhere and getting out of them. That seems so pointless to me, and goes against a lot of how Sims 4 has been being developed. #NoBoringCars

Not so sure about burglars. I'm not convinced that adding things that a burglar might want to steal shows any indication of burglars on someone's development list. I mean, we've had big TVs and expensive small statues and whatnot since Day 1. I do hope that if they are planning burglars, they don't steal stuff like built-in dishwashers and that they don't get so repetitive and boring so fast. Also that they tie in to the Kleptomaniac trait and the Criminal career. #NoBoringBurglars

I can get behind this. I liked how cars were done in Sims 2. Plus we've had two returning features that were really fleshed out compared to previous games when they were patched in (toddlers and terrain tools), so it's possible for them to actually put some thought into how cars integrate into gameplay.

Same goes for burglars, although I wouldn't mind a basic implementation similar to the past 3 games either.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited October 2018
    SimguruKimmi asked for input on cars in July 2017. With so many hints at cars in Get Famous, I think we will be seeing some in future content. I would love to have burglars back too and maybe and upgrade to the Get To Work Detective Job.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

really?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Grant has said cars are off the table. I don’t see burglars for many done to death reasons and I don’t expect them in December, if ever.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Grant has said cars are off the table. I don’t see burglars for many done to death reasons and I don’t expect them in December, if ever.

He's said they aren't coming this year, not that they're off the table.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, I don't know. We'll see.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited October 2018
    James aka Sim Supply said that they added new décor cars into Get Famous but their not in buydebug and their are a lot of cars parked all over Del Sol Valley. This to me is screaming that cars are coming soon. For sure I think their prepping DSV for them cause of all the roads and driveways.

There is also the fact that the car replaced the plane as the travel icon. I think burglers are likely cause GF adds security systems and vaults. Why would we be getting alarm systems without burglers? Makes you wonder doesn't it? Also if we get burglers we'll also get npc cops to arrest them.
    edited October 2018

Pixelade says something big is coming in a future update and that it's going to knock our socks off. I don't think he was talking about the November Update. He wasn't allowed to reveal whatever it is but sim campers know.

Pixelade says something big is coming in a future update and that it's going to knock our socks off. I don't think he was talking about the November Update. He wasn't allowed to reveal whatever it is but sim campers know.

Well, if a Sim Camper said so, I hope it'll really impress me. Heck, just how in-depth the terrain tools are alone already impressed me. :grimace: