Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley world size is disappointing

After 3 years and an amazing game pack with a bigger world, I expected more from the new world in Get famous. It has in total 12 lots (with the hidden one), which is the same amount as Selvadorada. I can only hope the content can make up for it...

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Totally agree... The next one has better to get at least 16 lots...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    I'm always defend sims 4, since i have loved that game but some pack seriously are too expensive for what we got and now this. Honestly i cant defend it anymore. I do like still this game but these packs are not worth it.. And i love that world and now when they already had made it so tiny i know they dont make another bigger world like that. I cant get over that world tho, I did think it was overpriced since you only get one career but i was kinda fine whit that but that world.. Nope. Too much to handle really. I'm kinda even mad to be honest

I feel the same... An expansion pack doesn't feel like an expansion anymore. I just hope the world is the only thing that's going to disappoint me
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2018
    It's not just the size for me. Every world (except Newcrest) looks really pretty. Especially worlds like San Myshuno, Forgotten Hollow and Windenburg looked so special and nice. The new one looks just cheap to me tbh. Especially the transition between grass and sand looks like they ran out of time or didn't even try. It's like a weird mix between Oasis Spring and Willow Creek with some backdrop skyscrapers from San Myshuno :|
    And I was hoping for at least one lot on the beach. I didn't expect any "swimming in the ocean" or something fancy, but just a house on the sandy terrain with a view of the ocean would've been really nice.

edit: Just talking about the map btw. I haven't seen videos yet where they went through the neighbourhoods in live mode.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This is based off LA? No apartments, only 11 lots? And the map is filled with set dressing.
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited October 2018
    This is shaping up to be CL v2. They seem to have spent ages set dressing and not doing much else. Where is the content? Apart from one new career there doesn't seem to be much of anything else. This is just laughably bad and the sims team should be ashamed of themselves for producing this and labelling it an EP. 11 lots for an EP with such little to do is unacceptable IMO. Should've been a Gamepack.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Totally agree... :(
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Map is for GP... It is what a lot people says, that Get Famous is GP no or EP...
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited October 2018
    Just more than a GP and but less than a EP, well not including Get to work which only had four. Kinda odd really. Though looking at the recent introduction video of the EP from Sims camp the gameplay is looking really good and indepth.

Still, would have liked to see another world as big as Widenburg. More places for Sims to live is always great. Was half expecting a few apartments. Though, I know many probably don't care for them from city living.

Definitely could use another empty world when you have sim families are expanding with your kids having kids and etc.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Agreed...
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Tbh, I was expecting the world to be small. This has been the cause for many of the worlds. I was kinda ready for the world being small.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
    Tbh, I was expecting the world to be small. This has been the cause for many of the worlds. I was kinda ready for the world being small.

I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this small.
    CeCeDot wrote: »

I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this small.

I had a feeling considering the size of the other lots.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I think it's fine but we really do need another blank world.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    It's not just the size for me. Every world (except Newcrest) looks really pretty. Especially worlds like San Myshuno, Forgotten Hollow and Windenburg looked so special and nice. The new one looks just cheap to me tbh. Especially the transition between grass and sand looks like they ran out of time or didn't even try. It's like a weird mix between Oasis Spring and Willow Creek with some backdrop skyscrapers from San Myshuno :|
    And I was hoping for at least one lot on the beach. I didn't expect any "swimming in the ocean" or something fancy, but just a house on the sandy terrain with a view of the ocean would've been really nice.

edit: Just talking about the map btw. I haven't seen videos yet where they went through the neighbourhoods in live mode.

Agreed, the world is not only small, but it's not very pretty either. I think this it is the least attractive town in the Sims 4. Couldn't they have at least filled in the empty space with plants or buildings?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think we're back in the dark days... Considering there were no new world with Seasons I thought they would take more time to make a huge world for the next EP but apparently no... In normal games, it would have been considered as a neighborhood not even a ''world''...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    massively disappointing. 'Get Famous' feels just like a glorified gamepack.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Just more than a GP and but less than a EP, well not including Get to work which only had four. Kinda odd really. Though looking at the recent introduction video of the EP from Sims camp the gameplay is looking really good and indepth.

Still, would have liked to see another world as big as Widenburg. More places for Sims to live is always great. Was half expecting a few apartments. Though, I know many probably don't care for them from city living.

Definitely could use another empty world when you have sim families are expanding with your kids having kids and etc.

I have to say it kind of looks like a glorified GP....

It seems the reputation is a recycle of the character values system in Parenthood and fame a total reskin of the Vampire perk system.

Get to Work has 4 different neighborhoods (3 hidden), same as this EP. But less lots. This world has great backdrops though. I am however annoyed at the non-functional limos.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    For builders, this one is a huge disappointment. Are they catering more to the mobile ap player? I will be waiting for a huge sale on this one, sorry to say.

I am sorry, but if they want to create more packs but not make the game performance lag then I really don't know what to say. Is this is the cause, they should have only a select number of packs and expanded on them instead of lots of packs. This isn't worth it for £40.00, this is a game pack.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I'm not surprised. They have said the same thing before some time ago people just overlooked it, it's not news.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1