Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World, But So Much Empty Space! [Get Famous]

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2018
    bixters wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

Apparently 4 neighbourhoods, one relating to fame status?
    According to Ninja
    https://simsvip.com/2018/10/22/the-sims-4-get-famous-sims-camp-developer-presentation/

I think the other neighborhood is the studio lots for the acting career, but you can't edit it or change it to anything else.

Have a look at the 15 minute video. I thought that he meant that you can achieve getting to the 4th neighbourhood with "plenty of space" when you came famous enough. He mentioned 64X64 lots. Maybe you cannot see it on the map?
    I hope so.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Looks to me like the non usable areas show the studios and just a bit of the city. It’s just the artist’s picture of our new world. Seeing the studios and city in the background will add to immersion.

But then there is the area near the coast that doesn’t appear to have any playable lots. That seems like it would have made a really great place to play and build.

But as for what you are calling out as “foolery”, I really don’t get. Worlds with few lots and a lot of unplayable areas is what we have always had in Sims 4.

Yes I prefer Sims 3 where the whole map was playable, you could resize lots and place new ones anywhere... but it was clear from launch that TS4 is not TS3...

The fact that most of the world is 'set dressing' doesn't bother me at all, but even the base game worlds have more lots. Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have 16 residential lots plus 5 commercial lots. Windenburg has 14 residential lots and 13 community lots. Even tiny Brindleton Bay has 11 residential lots.

Del Sol Valley has 6 residential lots. That is a pitifully low number even by the standards of this game. They can do a lot better than this.

They most certainly can. They can and have done better.
    edited October 2018
    As soon as they said only 3 neighborhoods I knew it was going to be small, but this isn't a world. This could have definitely been a game pack. I feel pretty ripped off lol and I preordered for $28. I can't imagine why anyone would pay full price for such a dinky little thing. Every world since get together is getting worse than the worlds before it...

Price is still $28? I might jump on that...

I kinda wanna wait until it's $20 though. I feel like that's all it's actually worth.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    World Image
    DE2-ACBBB-334-A-422-C-A095-8-AFA36523-B09.jpg

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

All of these buildings and homes in this picture and we can only build on 11 lots. What is the point of all of the extra background lots and homes except for making our games run at a snail’s pace.

Can someone make this make sense? 11 lots in 3 sections but all of this space? :/

That is a lot of black space. I wish they would stop the foolery.

Not disagreeing with your point, but you realize that the 2D map is completely irrelevant, right? The artist just draws a map that vaguely represents the world. The actual playable world is very different from the 2D map and it’s meaningless to judge how much empty space there is based on the 2D map.

What they meant is that they can't BUILD on any of that so for them it's empty space. That you can easily judge by the 2D picture since you know we can count lots on that screen.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2018
    The world is beautiful and vibrant, but I'm angry that there are so few lots.
    The community lot neighbourhood has 5 lots, which I am kinda fine with. It's enough to place the basic stuff that I'd like in that neighbourhood.
    But only 3 lots per residential neighbourhood?? That's not enough. There are so many fake houses taking up space right next to the actual lots, and it's such a waste. I really wish there were more. Even if I don't populate all the residential lots with households, I usually place restaurants, parks and maybe libraries in residential neighbourhoods. There isn't even space for that now.

But seriously, if you give us a fame pack, we need enough lots to be extravagant about it. This doesn't feel extravagant at all. The build/buy is AMAZING and I'm shook about it. But there isn't a fancy nightclub for our sims to strut; the celeb lounge is kind of meh; the museum is cool and I'd like to keep it there but honestly it's the first lot I'd demolish if I want to place my own creation in the neighbourhood etc. Like, we were promised the high-life but there's nothing city/nightlife about this world, other than the backdrop. I feel like this pack is just meant to make you want City Living.
    Even though I don't use clubs that often, Get Together is my most-used pack bc of Windenburg. We use worlds as the basis of our sims' living experience, so they need to be good. I can see my sims enjoying themselves here, but having to constantly travel to other worlds to actually do stuff since I don't have enough space to put everything they need, which really annoys me.

Also, why is the "beach" there? Only to torture us? You can't do this to me, devs. You know I can't live without the beach lifestyle in sims and now you cripple my soul...

I really love the little national park, on a side note. It's so prettyyyyy :heart:
    The backdrops really are gorgeous and I love the world before I realize that I can't access most of it. I don't think this is remotely possible, but I really hope that they can update the world in a patch or something to add another lot or two.
    Maybe replace that fake house next to Vanessa's with an actual lot and one or two of the fake community lots with an actual one. Like, that fake lot with the glass roof and the tree under it. It doesn't matter if these lots are super small to fit into the confines of the fake lot. At least they wouldn't be wasted space.
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    As soon as they said only 3 neighborhoods I knew it was going to be small, but this isn't a world. This could have definitely been a game pack. I feel pretty ripped off lol and I preordered for $28. I can't imagine why anyone would pay full price for such a dinky little thing. Every world since get together is getting worse than the worlds before it...

Price is still $28? I might jump on that...

I kinda wanna wait until it's $20 though. I feel like that's all it's actually worth.

yeah at least it was when I did it over the weekend. I really only did it for more space via a new world...lol now not sure if it was worth it. I'm with you $20 would be way more reasonable especially since it's not even a full base game world. It's just pathetic. I get more use out of BB than I think I will this which is sad because I was born in California. I was hoping for a nice concept world to really toy with.
  • FRENZIIFRENZII Posts: 29 Member
    When I think about the guru who said something like : ''It's a normal, sized world''. lol. Pure rip off.

Well at least now we know what a "normal sized world" is to them :|
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

According to Ninja
    https://simsvip.com/2018/10/22/the-sims-4-get-famous-sims-camp-developer-presentation/

I think the other neighborhood is the studio lots for the acting career, but you can't edit it or change it to anything else.

Have a look at the 15 minute video. I thought that he meant that you can achieve getting to the 4th neighbourhood with "plenty of space" when you came famous enough. He mentioned 64X64 lots. Maybe you cannot see it on the map?
    I hope so.
    Yeah, maybe it’s like how Get to Work’s science lot is obviously is Oasis Springs, but you can’t see it.

• EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Folks, dropping in quickly here. I've had to periodically remove a number of posts in this thread already so for a thread of three pages, that's a lot. Being unkind, shaming and discussing moderation all break the forum rules. If you would like to have this discussion, I urge members to read the rules before posting.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Pretty lame that a Hollywood based world is so small. I would be fine with maybe 15 lots, but 11 is disappointing, especially with how much space is actually there.
    edited October 2018
    Pretty lame that a Hollywood based world is so small. I would be fine with maybe 15 lots, but 11 is disappointing, especially with how much space is actually there.

And 11 is such an odd number lol
    Why not stop at 10? Why not go to 12?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I was honestly expecting more lots. At least an empty one in the pinnacles for our sims to start building their mansion. I'm a bit disappointed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I was figuring on waiting for a 50% off sale, but with only 6 residential lots, I may wait for 75%...or never.

EA, this is disgusting. You've always eventually given us the ability to place lots ourselves. If you have that capability in this game (and I'm rolling my eyes at you if you don't), now is the time to give it to us.

Or, as others said, another iteration of Newcrest (though that is my least fav world because I dislike the backdrops.)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yup, that's pretty small! I'm a bit disappointed as well.

And only 5 residential lots?? Isn't that quite low?

I imagine the area on the corner with the studios and limos is supposed to be where the acting career is supposed to be. That means it will be similar to GTW careers, since you can't edit the lots...

There are 6 residential lots, 3 in the slums (two are connected which I have a theory about if anyone wants to read it) and 3 for the rich.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    World Image
    DE2-ACBBB-334-A-422-C-A095-8-AFA36523-B09.jpg

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

All of these buildings and homes in this picture and we can only build on 11 lots. What is the point of all of the extra background lots and homes except for making our games run at a snail’s pace.

Can someone make this make sense? 11 lots in 3 sections but all of this space? :/

That is a lot of black space. I wish they would stop the foolery.

According to Ninja

The “fourth” neighborhood is the movie lot which can only be accessed when you’re working like the GTW lots.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

edited October 2018
    I'm not too worried about getting famous but I did enjoy Devon Bumpkins Terrain Manipulation video on the 64x64 lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiiy4bDf4mg&feature=youtu.be
    I'm not too worried about getting famous but I did enjoy Devon Bumpkins Terrain Manipulation video on the 64x64 lot.

Why are you trying to derail OP's thread by discussing terrain manipulation?
    HueyJefe wrote: »

Why are you trying to derail OP's thread by discussing terrain manipulation?

I'm not derailing but the video shows a lot of the spacious areas downtown and there is more space in the hilly area that probably, could be walked around as in Brindleton Bay.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I get the feeling they wanted to focus on the gameplay rather than making the world larger, which I totally understand and can really respect (other reports have stated that, outside of the world size, the game is pretty stuffed). It's just disappointing to have so few lots.

Again, I really wish they'd release another empty world like Newcrest.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    I said this in another thread, but is anyone also feel like the slum lots are way too big to really big slums? Like those are huge lots and look more like for upper middle class than for people who can't afford to make their bill payment every week. The entertainment area has much smaller lots which would have been way better as sizes for the slums. It's just an odd choice for what they said would be a "cheaper" area, but those kinds of homes wouldn't be for those kinds of sims.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2018
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I get the feeling they wanted to focus on the gameplay rather than making the world larger, which I totally understand and can really respect (other reports have stated that, outside of the world size, the game is pretty stuffed). It's just disappointing to have so few lots.

Again, I really wish they'd release another empty world like Newcrest.

Since I've already redesigned Oasis Springs as an annex for Del Sol Valley I'm not too worried -- many of my up and coming stars (especially those not in the acting career) will live there and commute when necessary. I could then reuse those lots for community venues. And if there's a gym, I could convert it to a spa.

I do feel like they need to take into account when designing worlds that many players now have a lot of content and would like the ability to customize their worlds with that content. Theoretically you only need one of each venue type in the game, but many players like variety in their venues, for storytelling if nothing else. I could have a comedian start out at tle lounge located at The Old Salt House bowling alley in San Myshuno, then graduate to The Blue Velvet in Magnolia Springs or the Narwhal Arms in Windenburg. My writer Sim can visit the library in Willow Creek, Brindleton Bay, Windenburg or Newcrest. I have museums in Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay, and arts centers in San Myshuno, Newcrest and Oasis Springs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @fadingaudio: those who get this EP can play it like it is in real life: those who can't afford housing near their jobs have to spend all their free time & money commuting. :/

Fwiw, the lots are big enough to build trailer parks; just lock the appropriate doors to keep each HH in its own trailer.
    edited October 2018
    I said this in another thread, but is anyone also feel like the slum lots are way too big to really big slums? Like those are huge lots and look more like for upper middle class than for people who can't afford to make their bill payment every week. The entertainment area has much smaller lots which would have been way better as sizes for the slums. It's just an odd choice for what they said would be a "cheaper" area, but those kinds of homes wouldn't be for those kinds of sims.

Probably a chance to turn lots into caravan sites with 8 caravans. One for each aspiring actor! We need Sims living in their cars too to be true to life in a Hollywood type town. Wrong side of the track to riches stories.

Sorry @Tiarella We both had the same idea and I was writing my reply before I saw yours!
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @fadingaudio: those who get this EP can play it like it is in real life: those who can't afford housing near their jobs have to spend all their free time & money commuting. :/

Fwiw, the lots are big enough to build trailer parks; just lock the appropriate doors to keep each HH in its own trailer.

maybe, but I grew up in a trailer park lol and the lots for your trailer are REALLY tiny. So they could have just made 6-8 20x15s it'd have been much more realistic. Then again I'm all about functionality. I don't like making multi residences without any help from the game to keep them separate.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    It doesn't bother me too much since I'm more interested in the gameplay but I can see why a lot of you are disappointed. It would have been nice to have a bigger world.