Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Discussion Del Sol Valley

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    What the freaking .... I have no words. Only 10 lots?!?!?!?!? Come on EA.

How are you only counting 10?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    We could have had some lovely beach lots! I am so sad and disappointed about this world *cries* EA you missed a bit of a selling point there.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I think I counted 11, which tbf, isn't a lot more :D
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It does look good, and the walk of fame is a nice touch, but I do agree that I was disappointed when I saw the number of lots when I saw the first world video. This further reinforces my decision to wait for it to go on sale. :D

Same... :D I can wait for sales.. In fact, I'm looking forward to the terrain tool update!

Same! I'm more excited about the free update right now. :D It's at least a step closer to what the base game should've been on release
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It does look good, and the walk of fame is a nice touch, but I do agree that I was disappointed when I saw the number of lots when I saw the first world video. This further reinforces my decision to wait for it to go on sale. :D

Same... :D I can wait for sales.. In fact, I'm looking forward to the terrain tool update!

Same! I'm more excited about the free update right now. :D It's at least a step closer to what the base game should've been on release

Yeah! Plus, it seems like we'll be able to customise the Sims Job title now.. :D

OID:- x4m1r4
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    edited October 2018
    It means that we'll get smaller and smaller world now? I mean we didn't get a world with Seasons, I thought we would have a bigger world with this EP. Always compromises with TS4...

But sometimes compromises are necessary. As mentioned above most of the focus was on the active career lot, Plumbob Studios.

I'm not trying to make excuses, just putting it all in perspective. I was disappointed also when I first saw it but that's starting to fade a bit now.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    InsaneStar wrote: »
    Hmmm... I'm liking this world. It seems smaller, but I wonder there could be a reason why there's less lots in this world. I believe it could be for players who doesn't have powerful PC's. I mean a big city like San Myshuno lags cause of many interactions outside apartments. Bigger worlds does not mean, always better cause there's always a price. Lag. On the other hand... seeing the build-buy stuff videos... I'm surprised about the good stuff in there. Like the illumination fences and stairs. This would update my nightclub that I made in Oasis Springs. And of course, probably a new nightclub what I make in Starlight BLVD.

Ya, i've been wondering if they are keeping the number of lots down to keep the sim population from getting so large that the average simmer's computer won't be able to handle it.

I suspect this is the reason because I saw on Twitter a few months ago someone asked, I think it was either Grant or Graham, about adding blank template worlds/neighborhoods, like we had in TS2, which would give us the ability to add more worlds to our saves. He said that it would be a problem because of the potential number of sims it could add to each save and the problems that too many sims in a save would cause.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'll admit that I wasn't excited for an LA styled world to begin with, but the small amount of lots in what looks like a huge world is really disappointing. And why do they keep putting playgrounds in the neighborhoods? I'm so sick of looking at playgrounds that I can't edit. I feel like they ruin the aesthetics.

I was hoping I could alter the feel of the city by changing the lots to styles that I prefer, but with so few buildable lots it's not going to make much of a difference. :/

I mean, don't get me wrong, the city looks great for what they were going for, it's really spot on. But there should have been more lots, especially by the beach. This pack was already feeling like more of a Game Pack than an Expansion Pack, so I thought the world size would help make up for that, like they did with Get Together. Right now it feels a little like a hybrid between the two.
    #Team Occult
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It means that we'll get smaller and smaller world now? I mean we didn't get a world with Seasons, I thought we would have a bigger world with this EP. Always compromises with TS4...

It's still pretty nice though.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The world is beautiful, but it's 75% backdrops. I'm angry about this.
    San Myshuno has the exact same problem with me - it looks big and expansive, but the actual explorable space is laughable and I just feel claustrophobic when playing there. WHY are there so many fake houses instead of actual lots? There is a fully-sized, detailed fake house right next to an actual house just wasting space.

As I said, it is really gorgeous. But I wish devs would spend less time on making fancy fake lots and more on making actual lots, because plum.
    With each DLC, worlds are getting smaller and smaller. The worlds all look great, but they are wasted bc I don't have enough space to place the venues and houses I imagine these worlds to have. I don't like evicting pre-mades bc it removes the little backstory the worlds have.

This is why we need another blank world like Newcrest in an Update. It has 20 empty lots.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    So now I'm gonna have to update Oasis Springs. I guess the gated community and the three mansions in the area the Landgraabs currently live, will all become celebrity homes while my middle class families get moved out to Newcrest.

Sorry you're right. Only 11. Although that isn't too much better.

Yeah! Plus, it seems like we'll be able to customise the Sims Job title now.. :D

Well now, that is awesome! I can finally register my sim as a writer without her having to go to a rabbithole everyday. Cuts down on at least one mod that I need now too.

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think the world is beautifully done and has a lot of detail to it. But I am disappointed that there aren't more lots in the neighborhoods. Also was hoping for movie theatre's, why all the attention to the acting career if there's theatre to premier it? Still the game is a month out and I know more info is to come. Was just really wanting more lots.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited October 2018
    After closing the other thread for what seems like no reason it makes me even more likely to just cancel this preorder. I didn't really care for the theme and after so few lots in this world it's not even worth the near half off price I paid for it. $20 might be pushing it. I'm tired of small worlds with big price tags. Seasons showed so much promise, but this is just another grab $$ game.
    edited October 2018
    InsaneStar wrote: »
    Hmmm... I'm liking this world. It seems smaller, but I wonder there could be a reason why there's less lots in this world. I believe it could be for players who doesn't have powerful PC's. I mean a big city like San Myshuno lags cause of many interactions outside apartments. Bigger worlds does not mean, always better cause there's always a price. Lag. On the other hand... seeing the build-buy stuff videos... I'm surprised about the good stuff in there. Like the illumination fences and stairs. This would update my nightclub that I made in Oasis Springs. And of course, probably a new nightclub what I make in Starlight BLVD.

Ya, i've been wondering if they are keeping the number of lots down to keep the sim population from getting so large that the average simmer's computer won't be able to handle it.

I suspect this is the reason because I saw on Twitter a few months ago someone asked, I think it was either Grant or Graham, about adding blank template worlds/neighborhoods, like we had in TS2, which would give us the ability to add more worlds to our saves. He said that it would be a problem because of the potential number of sims it could add to each save and the problems that too many sims in a save would cause.

this is just another lie they tell people who don't understand coding and gaming. There is no reason at all ever to "save" gamers in this manner. If population is an issue they'll be culled by their system and many of us already stop culling. I have had no limit to my population in my saves for years and I have had hundreds of sims it doesn't hurt the save, the game, or the computer. The game already has systems in place to make sure too many sims don't show up on your screen so this isn't even an issue (and many of us mod that number even higher). Save bloat might be the only real issue and again this isn't something they need to "save" people from because many of us already HAVE hundreds of sims well past their limit without issue. So for regular users who don't use mods or who don't alter these systems then it's a moot point when it gets to be too much the game itself will take care of the issue and for gamers who do we already know the risk we take with our games (and it's not intended gameplay anyways). It's a non issue and they gotta know it. So either their systems don't work or they are just trying to save face because they can't seem to make a world that rivals even the base game.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

But sometimes compromises are necessary. As mentioned above most of the focus was on the active career lot, Plumbob Studios.

I'm not trying to make excuses, just putting it all in perspective. I was disappointed also when I first saw it but that's starting to fade a bit now.

With what I've watched I can already see how repetitive the new career is. It's basically the same animations for all scenes, just a different backdrop. Have a drink, fight, clean. That's it...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Well now, that is awesome! I can finally register my sim as a writer without her having to go to a rabbithole everyday. Cuts down on at least one mod that I need now too.

What is that? :open_mouth:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's really disappointing that for such a pretty world, we get an abysmal amount of lots. I miss Windenberg sized worlds. :'(
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I am absolutely going to get rid of some of the venues in the “downtown area”. Add some “fake” apartments. Gonna make a bunch of Sims and have them become roommates to save on “rent”.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Oooo so we can be self employed now?
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    I think the world is beautifully done and has a lot of detail to it. But I am disappointed that there aren't more lots in the neighborhoods. Also was hoping for movie theatre's, why all the attention to the acting career if there's theatre to premier it? Still the game is a month out and I know more info is to come. Was just really wanting more lots.

I feel the same way. I was surprised it wasn't at least 15 lots. Lack of space in my games isn't a huge issue for me atm so small worlds are less of an inconvenience for me than for other players.
    6riwm5.png
    Also why does the slum area have such huge lots sizes? I don't know about you, but I do live in a city and I live in a house in the city...most houses don't have huge yards or huge spaces. City lots for slums wouldn't be 40x30s and 50x40s. They'd be much smaller. I was hoping for more 20x15, 20x20s, and 20x30s. The slums really look like more upper middle class.