Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mamasquirrel's Creators Corner For Builds

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    The Vampire bathrooms complement very well with the other Vampire themed rooms that you have been uploading @mamasquirrel :) The wall patterning and the ceiling candlelights look very nice.
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Vampire bathrooms complement very well with the other Vampire themed rooms that you have been uploading @mamasquirrel :) The wall patterning and the ceiling candlelights look very nice.

Thank you. I usually put walls up for a bathroom, but thought I would try something different this time.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    rich person's house

basement one:
    LdqLZwm.png

Basement 2:
    wJnwfdh.png

Ground floor (don't know what else to put into the adult Game room)
    gavUDFZ.png

Second floor
    R0b3K3l.png

entire house
    MfdYZIh.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    The Rich person’s home is very nice @MadameLee :) It is great that there are two basement levels in the build. The patterned flooring in the ground and second floor levels looks nice. The candlelight ceiling lights are nice touches in the rooms.
    The Rich person’s home is very nice @MadameLee :) It is great that there are two basement levels in the build. The patterned flooring in the ground and second floor levels looks nice. The candlelight ceiling lights are nice touches in the rooms.

you don't realize one of those level is a prison level-what with the Get to Work fencing? But only the little hut which leads to the basements has candles the other are all chandeliers.
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    rich person's house

basement one:
    LdqLZwm.png

Basement 2:
    wJnwfdh.png

Ground floor (don't know what else to put into the adult Game room)
    gavUDFZ.png

Second floor
    R0b3K3l.png

entire house
    MfdYZIh.png
    It looks really good. Thanks for sharing it. Can't really see everything that you have in the game room, but you could put DWTL, Chess, darts, card table, stereo, video game machine, and keyboard maybe.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    @mamasquirrel this is the better video of the adult game room
    OgicQlQ.jpg

upstairs game room (this will be split into 3 rooms in a future chapter)
    cPvO63m.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    @mamasquirrel this is the better video of the adult game room
    OgicQlQ.jpg

upstairs game room (this will be split into 3 rooms in a future chapter)
    cPvO63m.png

I would maybe add the things I mentioned if you can. Looks like a good start to me though.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Here are some pics from the Spanish style home that I built for MadameLee. I hope you like and enjoy the home. It's available on the gallery and everyone is welcome to download it.

dGOGMP8.png
    K1kow9z.png
    vUskWoY.png
    pyOuNOo.png
    kljyszw.png
    gmi6gzH.png
    r9d1qGW.png
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    edited October 2018
    The Spanish style home is very nice! @mamasquirrel :)Very nice exterior that reflects the style well! The ceramic awnings over the windows, the left and right shutter windows either sides of the front door, and the front steps up to the upper level look very nice! The open arches at the back of the home are nice touches. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The colour scheme is very nice.The floor texture suits well the style. Very nice living room area for Sims to enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs and sofa watching tv. The patterned floor rugs there and in the bedrooms adds a nice look to the rooms. Very nice open plan kitchen and dining area. It looks nice the type of fireplace used. The wall patterning in the bathroom gives a great look to the bathroom.
    It is a very nice Spanish style home! :)
    The Spanish style home is very nice! @mamasquirrel :)Very nice exterior that reflects the style well! The ceramic awnings over the windows, the left and right shutter windows either sides of the front door, and the front steps up to the upper level look very nice! The open arches at the back of the home are nice touches. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The colour scheme is very nice.The floor texture suits well the style. Very nice living room area for Sims to enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs and sofa watching tv. The patterned floor rugs there and in the bedrooms adds a nice look to the rooms. Very nice open plan kitchen and dining area. It looks nice the type of fireplace used. The wall patterning in the bathroom gives a great look to the bathroom.
    It is a very nice Spanish style home! :)

Thank you Rosemow! I really like how it turned out. I'm going to try and build another Spanish style home again soon.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Mamasquirrel's thought for today: There are so many talented people on the forums with such creative and expressive minds at work. I really like reading simlits, looking at sims, builds, and hearing the stories behind them all. All of these things are expressions of you and your uniqueness. Thank you for sharing some of that here on my threads. I look forward to seeing more. :)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    the pawnshop
    cVovdmX.png
    QAIrGz6.png

I'm not a good builder nor can I decorate at all..
    6adMCGP.gif
    The pawn shop looks great @MadameLee :) The type of sofa seating there looks nice and the statues look great. It is nice that there is a bookcases nook. Sims will enjoy listening to gramophone music when visiting the shop.
    The pawn shop looks great @MadameLee :) The type of sofa seating there looks nice and the statues look great. It is nice that there is a bookcases nook. Sims will enjoy listening to gramophone music when visiting the shop.

@rosemow it's a 'bad' pawnshop for lack of a better term-that's why the seating is there, as well as the bookcases
    6adMCGP.gif
    the pawnshop
    cVovdmX.png
    QAIrGz6.png

I think it looks nice. Thanks for sharing it.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    the pawnshop
    cVovdmX.png
    QAIrGz6.png

I think it looks nice. Thanks for sharing it.

I still need to make a bank.. for "Little's" backstory
    6adMCGP.gif
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Okay, finally ready with this - apologies @mamasquirrel both for taking so long to get this prepared and for it being so long. Gonna spoiler up some stuff 'cause this is pretty photo-intensive. :) I do hope you like it.

So this design is a workhorse design in my neighborhoods - I use it in all three. The thing I like best about it (although it's design is relatively simple) is that it's very easy to adjust to fit the needs of various sims, and it's also easy to change the appearance of the overall home fairly easily. I am going to start with an example of a final project for this design then I have a few shots of some variations which I'll share as well after.
    I Call This One The Britson (after the first family I designed it for)
    hhBIKiI.jpg
    This version of the build was built for a family (whose last name is Fairbanks) with three sims. A couple, Trace who is an Athlete and Dagan who is a concert pianist, and their daughter Natalie. Fun Fact: Trace is the older brother of my vampire Avery. This version of the house is on a 30x30 lot originally in Newcrest, and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a rec room (music room), dining room, kitchen, living room, sunroom (gym) and covered porches in both the front and back. The ground level of this house also features a fireplace and medium height walls.
    Exterior Shots of the Fairbanks Version of the The Britson
    hLGRitI.jpg
    rAxvAga.jpg
    SnjE4Zz.jpg
    SLwaEQj.jpg
    467z3V3.jpg
    Top Down view of The Fairbanks Version of The Britson - Upper Level
    jrvGTjR.jpg
    Interior Shots of the Upper level of the Fairbanks version of The Britson
    Bedroom 1 (Trace and Dagan's Room)
    tXcLrJ5.jpg
    utetXw0.jpg
    Q8DLwPh.jpg

Bedroom 2 (Natalie's Room)
    U6ACten.jpg
    Rm5EfdV.jpg
    aY9lO68.jpg

Bedroom 3 (Empty - Future Nursery - Dagan and Trace just had a baby boy, Devon)
    6q2ZKLu.jpg
    tmNcbrL.jpg
    CcfkuVr.jpg

Rec Room (Music Room)
    oeoHnUQ.jpg
    OOpf9mc.jpg
    HsCpO18.jpg

Upstairs Bathroom 1
    YvYYtj2.jpg
    Zns1syJ.jpg
    ivm5KWO.jpg

Upstairs Bathroom 2
    nQI96Cm.jpg
    ocMfOjY.jpg
    sA3fq05.jpg
    p1SUcMu.jpg
    Top Down view of The Fairbanks Version of The Briston - Lower Level
    eiR5yl6.jpg
    Interior Shots of the Ground level of the Fairbanks version of The Britson
    Dining Room
    LFLw0dC.jpg
    sU6lwRY.jpg
    FLpFYgy.jpg

Kitchen
    ETn4B7q.jpg
    xbrwcpX.jpg
    vCfAHhO.jpg

Sunroom (Gym)
    0UWOSP8.jpg
    OjaMIqT.jpg

Living Room
    NOA4zNT.jpg
    WxWMoOs.jpg
    nnrzQgu.jpg

Reading Nook (technically part of the Living room)
    pl1iWG4.jpg
    Y1OGdK1.jpg

Bathroom
    fZoshSu.jpg
    d06M7zJ.jpg

Okay so like I said the fun of this build is in it's versatility! :)
    The Original Britson
    1ZPcLTc.jpg
    yROlvAv.jpg

This version of the house is on a 30x20 lot originally in Willow Creek, and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a rec room, dining room, kitchen, living room (with fireplace), sunroom and unfinished basement. Unlike the Fairbanks edition it's ground level walls are set at the lowest height. This house is founded on a slab which means because it doesn't have a raised foundation, the sunroom can easily be converted to an attached greenhouse (by making the roof of the sunroom glass and taking out the floor).
    Top Down Shot of the Upper Level of the Original Britson
    B56udGy.jpg
    Interior Ground Level Shot Demonstrating the Lower Wall Height
    sNSKAzc.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Ground Level of the Original Britson
    sqjRMX4.jpg
    Interior Shot Showing the Entrance to the Basement Stairs
    MsvHLr3.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Basement of the Original Britson
    5AbWYQp.jpg

Next is a version that was designed to accommodate a group of young folk who aren't related, but moved in together when they graduated high school and left their homes.
    Frat Style Version of the Britson
    nKHzS0B.jpg
    This version of the house is on a 30x20 lot originally in Newcrest, and features 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a rec room, dining room, kitchen, living room (with fireplace), sunroom and unfinished basement. The ground level walls are set at the medium height. This house is on a raised foundation, but doesn't have covered porches.
    Exterior Shots of the Frat version of The Britson
    Pl4GMrD.jpg
    1AeEPlf.jpg
    5ftqzUq.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Upper Level of the Frat Version of the The Britson
    ekm9PeV.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Ground Level of the Frat Version of the The Britson
    You may notice that the stairs for the basement in this version rest beside the stairs for the upper level rather than beneath them. I have since actually changed this build in my game to put them under the upper level stairs - just works and looks better IMO.
    9vQ4xmR.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Basement of the Frat Version of the The Britson
    LfjemIw.jpg

Finally I have what I call the Overhang version of this design. This Design has a larger sunroom and the top level of the house overhangs the entry of the lower level - giving the upper level more interior space and enclosing the "porch area" of the lower level in the front.
    The Overhang version of The Britson
    TeWWblw.jpg
    This version of the house is on a 20x40 lot originally in Newcrest, and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a rec room, dining room, kitchen, living room, and extended sunroom. The ground level walls are set at the medium height and I didn't put a fireplace in this version. This house is on a slab foundation allowing for the conversion of the sunroom to a greenhouse.
    Exterior Shots of the Overhang version of The Britson
    btV6WPM.jpg
    ryf92Zc.jpg
    Tq4qBX8.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Upper Level of the Overhang Version of the The Britson
    gQVkqNT.jpg
    It's subtle but the forward rooms of this house are larger than the other version because of the top level overhang.
    Top Down Shot of the Ground Level of the Overhang Version of the The Britson
    2ILC40b.jpg
    Again it may seem subtle but the sunroom in this version is several tiles longer making for a better greenhouse option IMO.

Sorry this post is so long! Thanks for hosting it! <3
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    kirivian wrote: »
    Okay, finally ready with this - apologies @mamasquirrel both for taking so long to get this prepared and for it being so long. Gonna spoiler up some stuff 'cause this is pretty photo-intensive. :) I do hope you like it.

So this design is a workhorse design in my neighborhoods - I use it in all three. The thing I like best about it (although it's design is relatively simple) is that it's very easy to adjust to fit the needs of various sims, and it's also easy to change the appearance of the overall home fairly easily. I am going to start with an example of a final project for this design then I have a few shots of some variations which I'll share as well after.
    I Call This One The Britson (after the first family I designed it for)
    hhBIKiI.jpg
    This version of the build was built for a family (whose last name is Fairbanks) with three sims. A couple, Trace who is an Athlete and Dagan who is a concert pianist, and their daughter Natalie. Fun Fact: Trace is the older brother of my vampire Avery. This version of the house is on a 30x30 lot originally in Newcrest, and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a rec room (music room), dining room, kitchen, living room, sunroom (gym) and covered porches in both the front and back. The ground level of this house also features a fireplace and medium height walls.
    Exterior Shots of the Fairbanks Version of the The Britson
    hLGRitI.jpg
    rAxvAga.jpg
    SnjE4Zz.jpg
    SLwaEQj.jpg
    467z3V3.jpg
    Top Down view of The Fairbanks Version of The Britson - Upper Level
    jrvGTjR.jpg
    Interior Shots of the Upper level of the Fairbanks version of The Britson
    Bedroom 1 (Trace and Dagan's Room)
    tXcLrJ5.jpg
    utetXw0.jpg
    Q8DLwPh.jpg

Bedroom 2 (Natalie's Room)
    U6ACten.jpg
    Rm5EfdV.jpg
    aY9lO68.jpg

Bedroom 3 (Empty - Future Nursery - Dagan and Trace just had a baby boy, Devon)
    6q2ZKLu.jpg
    tmNcbrL.jpg
    CcfkuVr.jpg

Rec Room (Music Room)
    oeoHnUQ.jpg
    OOpf9mc.jpg
    HsCpO18.jpg

Upstairs Bathroom 1
    YvYYtj2.jpg
    Zns1syJ.jpg
    ivm5KWO.jpg

Upstairs Bathroom 2
    nQI96Cm.jpg
    ocMfOjY.jpg
    sA3fq05.jpg
    p1SUcMu.jpg
    Top Down view of The Fairbanks Version of The Briston - Lower Level
    eiR5yl6.jpg
    Interior Shots of the Ground level of the Fairbanks version of The Britson
    Dining Room
    LFLw0dC.jpg
    sU6lwRY.jpg
    FLpFYgy.jpg

Kitchen
    ETn4B7q.jpg
    xbrwcpX.jpg
    vCfAHhO.jpg

Sunroom (Gym)
    0UWOSP8.jpg
    OjaMIqT.jpg

Living Room
    NOA4zNT.jpg
    WxWMoOs.jpg
    nnrzQgu.jpg

Reading Nook (technically part of the Living room)
    pl1iWG4.jpg
    Y1OGdK1.jpg

Bathroom
    fZoshSu.jpg
    d06M7zJ.jpg

Okay so like I said the fun of this build is in it's versatility! :)
    The Original Britson
    1ZPcLTc.jpg
    yROlvAv.jpg

This version of the house is on a 30x20 lot originally in Willow Creek, and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a rec room, dining room, kitchen, living room (with fireplace), sunroom and unfinished basement. Unlike the Fairbanks edition it's ground level walls are set at the lowest height. This house is founded on a slab which means because it doesn't have a raised foundation, the sunroom can easily be converted to an attached greenhouse (by making the roof of the sunroom glass and taking out the floor).
    Top Down Shot of the Upper Level of the Original Britson
    B56udGy.jpg
    Interior Ground Level Shot Demonstrating the Lower Wall Height
    sNSKAzc.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Ground Level of the Original Britson
    sqjRMX4.jpg
    Interior Shot Showing the Entrance to the Basement Stairs
    MsvHLr3.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Basement of the Original Britson
    5AbWYQp.jpg

Next is a version that was designed to accommodate a group of young folk who aren't related, but moved in together when they graduated high school and left their homes.
    Frat Style Version of the Britson
    nKHzS0B.jpg
    This version of the house is on a 30x20 lot originally in Newcrest, and features 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a rec room, dining room, kitchen, living room (with fireplace), sunroom and unfinished basement. The ground level walls are set at the medium height. This house is on a raised foundation, but doesn't have covered porches.
    Exterior Shots of the Frat version of The Britson
    Pl4GMrD.jpg
    1AeEPlf.jpg
    5ftqzUq.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Upper Level of the Frat Version of the The Britson
    ekm9PeV.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Ground Level of the Frat Version of the The Britson
    You may notice that the stairs for the basement in this version rest beside the stairs for the upper level rather than beneath them. I have since actually changed this build in my game to put them under the upper level stairs - just works and looks better IMO.
    9vQ4xmR.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Basement of the Frat Version of the The Britson
    LfjemIw.jpg

Finally I have what I call the Overhang version of this design. This Design has a larger sunroom and the top level of the house overhangs the entry of the lower level - giving the upper level more interior space and enclosing the "porch area" of the lower level in the front.
    The Overhang version of The Britson
    TeWWblw.jpg
    This version of the house is on a 20x40 lot originally in Newcrest, and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a rec room, dining room, kitchen, living room, and extended sunroom. The ground level walls are set at the medium height and I didn't put a fireplace in this version. This house is on a slab foundation allowing for the conversion of the sunroom to a greenhouse.
    Exterior Shots of the Overhang version of The Britson
    btV6WPM.jpg
    ryf92Zc.jpg
    Tq4qBX8.jpg
    Top Down Shot of the Upper Level of the Overhang Version of the The Britson
    gQVkqNT.jpg
    It's subtle but the forward rooms of this house are larger than the other version because of the top level overhang.
    Top Down Shot of the Ground Level of the Overhang Version of the The Britson
    2ILC40b.jpg
    Again it may seem subtle but the sunroom in this version is several tiles longer making for a better greenhouse option IMO.

Sorry this post is so long! Thanks for hosting it! <3

@kirivian You're amazing at sims AND builds... is there anything you can't do!? I LOVE this house!! <3
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    @kirivian Awesome job! Thank you for sharing. Beautifully done! You're welcome and would love to see more. If it's not on the gallery, it should be. I'm sure there are a few people I know that would like to have it. ;)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    edited October 2018
    Each of the versions of The Britson is very nice! @kirivian :) Very nice exterior design of the homes! The layout and tgr furnishing of the interiors are very nice! It looks very nice the colour schemes that you have used in the homes. They are all very nice homes for Sims to enjoy living in :)
    So I'm really nervous to post one of my builds as I tend to hate them but... here's a house I built when Seasons released and just finished up the interior of. :)

Outside
    fFsl1kc.png
    O9mmp7I.png

Inside
    xZ6NGz6.png
    8VWXSdk.png
    ekuoNrD.png
    mtgs9fh.png
    T4zgndz.png
    QVkicjj.png
    37oYgl3.png
    And I only have one exterior shot of this one but here's a house I built for Father Winter (it looks so much better in winter but... :grimace:)

3x9SWi5.png
    I'm a total Christmas junkie so I had to build a Christmas house :lol:
    37oYgl3.png
    And some exterior shots of my favorite houses...

The Nightshade family house
    QfBZEMK.png

The Star family house
    ADQeT2T.png
    37oYgl3.png
    Each of the homes are very nice! @squirrelwithacup :) Very nice exterior design of your latest home! The yellow flower box windows and yellow flowers along the front edges of the patio look very pretty and sunny! Nice outdoors living sitting area on the front patio, for Sims to chat in the outdoors air. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The brown and blue colour scheme of the living room looks very nice, and wallpaper gives a very nice look to the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating near the fire. The plants are nice touches either sides of the fireplace, and the leafy patterned curtains look nice. The suflowers are a nice touch on the coffee table. Very nice kitchen and dining room. The dishrack, saucepans, hanging herbs and fruit bowl are homely touches. Very nice light filled glasshouse room for Sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes and to do flower arrangements on the table, looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. Very nice green colour scheme of the bedroom.
    The exterior design of the Christmas House is so very nice! :) Very nice red and white colour scheme used. The balcony and porch are very nice! The row of white lit trees look very pretty! The Christmas trees are a special festive touch :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top