Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On Patrol Problem! :(

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KajezKajez Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    I am so stumped on this one! I can't even find the hole or which one is the china exhibit.... I am lost! Can anyone help?
  • Options
    hannahbellahannahbella Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    where do you put the third staue in the basement once the door is open.
  • Options
    sketchinglifesketchinglife Posts: 10 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm also a bit lost. First I went under the museum and completed the rooms and found the plaque about the remains but couldn't actually find the remains themselves. Then I went upstairs and found the magical gnome thing and put it in my inventory. What do I do next? There's one room below the museum that's locked which has the glass cases for viewing which I don't know how to unlock.
    Help?
  • Options
    Daniel5307Daniel5307 Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    To help with any tomb adventure,(might take some fun out of it) use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat to edit the whole lot and you can see the room you havent seen yet. you can remove locked doors and buy regular ones, get rid of walls, and steal somethings into your sims family inventory. you can also teleport. :twisted:
  • Options
    ilu_srslyilu_srsly Posts: 2
    edited January 2010
    okay, i just did this thing.

first part:
    your going to walk around the place. and you will find nothing. thats right, nothing. go in every room ect. while doing this i teleported between the red tape on the second floor where the mummys were and picked up some things, and then it told me to report in, finding nothing.

Second part:
    they give you a hint, they suggest to check int he asian section. this is wherre you stick your hand in the glowing home in the wall close to the right entrance doors. if you actualy are on this part, and it is glowing, you should beable to report in about it right aftewr you unlock it.

Third part:
    search through the basement, and find the remains ect. if you are not on the tird step when you go in the basement, you will find no remains, but will still be able to explore the whole basement.
  • Options
    cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited January 2010
    for anyone who is still completely lost I just finished this mission's walkthrough. find it here: http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/2010/01/strange-noises-in-museum.html
  • Options
    MissJinx07MissJinx07 Posts: 23
    edited January 2010
    I am in the middle of doing this mission and just came on here to try to figure it out but don't really see what I'm looking for.

I'm on "figure out what the noise is" part and am at the end of the tomb. I see the sparkly light on the note & when I walk it to the room before it the secret door opens but after I walk over the section of red tiles the door closes.

I can NOT figure out how to get in!! On the other side w/ the blue tiles theres like an electric field. Help please?
  • Options
    drummerspicedrummerspice Posts: 7 New Member
    edited February 2010
    for anyone who is still completely lost I just finished this mission's walkthrough. find it here: http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/2010/01/strange-noises-in-museum.html

:D Helpful, but I never got the remains.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited February 2010
    Everyone except one person has it ALL wrong:

you are asked to do investigate the Egypt part first (you will find nothing), report back to the current curator, she/he will tell you to try the Chinese exhibit. In the Chinese exhibit you will find the glowing hole/switch and unlock it ( a hidden door will appear and that's when a pop-up telling you to report back to the person) and then again you will be told to report findings, then the person will ask you to explore the basement and THEN do what cowseatsoap91's blog says. If you do anything wrong you weren't get the remains.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    stcardgeekstcardgeek Posts: 26
    edited February 2010
    Watch for your quest tracker to change from this:
    mysteryroomrepotyfindings1.jpg
    to this:
    mysteryroomrepotyfindings2.jpg
    Click on the words Report findings and your SIm will wander back to the person and report in and get the quest updated and you can then move onto to the next step. THis will let you get the remains.
  • Options
    amoredidanzaamoredidanza Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2010
    So I've been going crazy because nothing was making sense. I never knew there was a second floor to the museum.
  • Options
    EppsiEppsi Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    I am sooo stuck!
    I've only just started this opportunity and first off I found the hole by the roped off stairs as you come in and walked along there, to the basement didn't find anything but the option came up to report back so I did.

Now, I've been asked to investigate the chinese gallery. I can't find any holes, hidden doors, this gnome thing and I've viewed all the relics etc in there but it still just says invesigate.

I don't know what to do :(

• Options
    SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Inspect the hole by the roped off stairs again.
  • Options
    EppsiEppsi Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    I used the walk through link and realised I was looking on second floor not first for the hole....duuuuh haha but thanks for your help!
  • Options
    HoroscoHorosco Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2010
    There is a state bug in this adventure. You are able to open the secret door and go through the entire basement puzzle before you are actually supposed to be able to. When you get to the plaque, you can read it, but since you haven't completed the first few portions that require you to look around the museum, you will not be able to accept the quest for the remains. If you are able to read the plaque but then can't find anything in the hole in front of the tombstone, you have inadvertently skipped the first few portions of the quest. You must go back up to the museum, go to the second floor, and enter the Egyptian room. Once you have done that, you will get the option to report in, then the quest will continue. You will have to keep following what the quest tells you to do, next going to the Chinese exhibit on the first floor, then going all the way back to the end of the basement puzzle, then you will be able to read the plaque and get the next quest.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited February 2010
    Once you find the right chest, first open it and take everything out, then open it again and drag the reamins from your inventory into the chest.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    JennyLynne417JennyLynne417 Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    Oops
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    tragicallybleeditragicallybleedi Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    make sure you go through all of the chests, i could only place the remains in the glowing chest when i'd opened all of them.
  • Options
    luv2dmbo17luv2dmbo17 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    can somebody help me? i dont know where the noise is coming from in the french museum near the chinese exhibit
  • Options
    Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited August 2010
    luv2dmbo17 wrote:
    can somebody help me? i dont know where the noise is coming from in the french museum near the chinese exhibit

Ground floor near the front of the museum in the "right" wing is a roped of stair case. There is an inspection hole near that. If it's not radiating "here I am" lines, then it's not the time to inspect it yet.

Step 1. Investigate the egyptian wing on the second floor then report findings.
    Step 2. Investigate the chinese wing on the ground/first floor and find the inspection hole that opens up the secret door then report findings.
    Step 3. Investigate the basement through the secret door. Solve puzzles, find curator's remains (mourn the tombstone, an inspection hole appears, take remains, escape to graveyard).
    Step 4 Go to the graveyard, find inspection hole and open the curator's mausoleum room. Open the chest (if you can't open the chest do the other four rooms first), remove everything one at a time then move the curator's remains into the chest and close the chest. You should be done now.
  • Options
    ZeBernardoZeBernardo Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2010

ok, let me try help u.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    U must go to the graveyard with the remains, then, are 5 litle houses, u must open all the doors and see inside of the boxes, took everything, i´ll make u very rich, then in the midlle house open the box and put the gentleman in there, u got it.
  • Options
    AngieKay95AngieKay95 Posts: 26
    edited February 2012
    I skipped over the find the noise part...I just went and stuck my hand in the hole and went through the tomb part. Problem is, when I got to the grave part, I can't take the remains. I stuck my hand in the hole and clicked and dragged and everything.
  • Options
    cmpdr6cmpdr6 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    You guys are awesome! My biggest issue was I hadn't realized I was suppose to keep reporting back lol. Once I had done that everything was good!
  • Options
    Jezzabella2313Jezzabella2313 Posts: 16 Member
    First, you need to go to the Egyptian exhibit and find the magic gnome. Then you should get an option to Report In.
    Second, go back to the museum and go the Chinese exhibit and stick your hand in the wall switch. Go through the secret door.
    Third, go through the basement maze, now you should have the option to get and place the remains from the floor switch.
    The basement maze is the last part of the Adventure. So if you did that first, that's why it's not working.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thank you @Jessiknows for that breakdown :) I'll lock the thread to limit further necroposting but I'm sure fellow Simmers that are wondering about this will appreciate your post.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top