Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'll just make this observation since yes, I did buy a lot of packs for TS4, played them, enjoyed some of them, found some lack luster, and some maybe better than in previous games, such as Vampires or the new toddlers and I said so at the time. I actually loved Dine Out and didn't have many problems with it at all. Until one day the game got rid of all my trained employees and replaced them in my own owned restaurant. :s That happened after one of the packs installed or one of the patches. Seems TS4 has many reasons to get upset. lol

But, even those who think TS4 is one of the better games and love it for what it is, are always looking for the next thing, get bored easy, and are always wanting to know what comes next. To be blunt, after years of being on all these Sim forums and very active in them all, I don't recall (and I'm being bluntly honest) that sort of need for something new as soon as a pack was released ,like a week later, wanting to know or needing a new pack, again. There is something different about TS4 which makes people feel and hunger for more to be added just about as soon as they have tried a new pack a few days later. What is that? I've done it myself, when in the older games I was still playing a new pack and connecting it to the other stuff in game and expanding my gameplay all working together, and was quite content to not see another pack or content for another six months or even nine months in some cases. But TS4 seems to spur on the boredom of needing to know what is the nex thing and how fast can we get it? Is that on purpose? Or is that because the core of the game is still lacking in personality, quirkiness, consequences, and lack of challenge of how easy and boring it is to take care of these Sims, and or just turn loose and just sit and watch them?

As far as sandbox, it has very little to find in the excitement department. Yes, it has plenty of goals, but even those can't sate the player who wants a deeper game. So, it has become a merry-go-round and three more years of that won't help those who feel the core is lack luster. Nor, those who buy a new pack, then throw it down and ask what is next? over and over.

If you don't mind me saying, I believe that it's intentional. Unlike the previous games, EA has piecemeal-ed TS4 to a fare the well. The players are given juuust enough, but never enough to make it feel like the experience is complete. The only exceptions to that seem to be vampires and, maybe, toddlers.

Take the terrain tools as an example. Players have been begging for terrain tools. Finally, they're on the way. Yet, a big part of terrain tools was digging down to the game's water table and creating ponds and lakes on a lot. It also consisted of the constrainfloorelevation cheat which allowed the player to use terrain tools to create features that wouldn't have been possible otherwise -- arched bridges, split levels, friezes (?), and attached garages on homes with foundations.

Don't get me wrong, TS4 adds some interesting and intuitive twists to the upcoming terrain tools. Yet, some of the basic components that players were waiting for are still missing. They won't appear until some other unspecified time in the game's nebulous future.

Another feature would be apartments. CL provided apartment-living and yet the full-fledged apartment features of the past haven't arrived yet, if ever. Apartments aren't possible anywhere else except for one very claustrophobically small world.

Those kind of incomplete feature sets practically breeds a sense of perpetual waiting for the rest to arrive. The same phenomenon is present for pools, romance, teenagers, babies. It's a constant state of waiting for the very basics of a Sims game to arrive. finally and completely.

From a business standpoint, I understand EA's decision to release content this way. "Always keep them wanting more" is a popular axiom for a reason. However, it seems an unfair way to treat a long-standing fan base that would likely buy everything anyway. So, why not release features whole and complete from the get go? There's no need to tease and tantalize a consumer into following behind the trail of breadcrumbs. A good game (and a company that is confident in the quality of their product) shouldn't need to rely on that kind of tactic for continued sales.
    Get Famous hasn't even come out and I want to know and am excited about what's next. :D

Me too, unfortunately. I'm not a fan of the acting career. However, the initial moments of the trailer had me wondering if singing, bands, photography, makeup artists, and stylists careers/features would finally make an appearance. Only, to find out that -- open or no -- acting was going to be the only genuine career path.

It seemed that a pack like Get Famous would have been a no-brainer time to introduce those other things...

Oh well. Maybe next year. :/
    All I need is personalities. And I have the feeling with the new reputation system our sims will be more different and it's amazing.

I genuinely hope so. Location, location, location is key in real estate. Likewise, for me, with the Sims its personality, personality, personality! Oh, and romance. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'll just make this observation since yes, I did buy a lot of packs for TS4, played them, enjoyed some of them, found some lack luster, and some maybe better than in previous games, such as Vampires or the new toddlers and I said so at the time. I actually loved Dine Out and didn't have many problems with it at all. Until one day the game got rid of all my trained employees and replaced them in my own owned restaurant. :s That happened after one of the packs installed or one of the patches. Seems TS4 has many reasons to get upset. lol

But, even those who think TS4 is one of the better games and love it for what it is, are always looking for the next thing, get bored easy, and are always wanting to know what comes next. To be blunt, after years of being on all these Sim forums and very active in them all, I don't recall (and I'm being bluntly honest) that sort of need for something new as soon as a pack was released ,like a week later, wanting to know or needing a new pack, again. There is something different about TS4 which makes people feel and hunger for more to be added just about as soon as they have tried a new pack a few days later. What is that? I've done it myself, when in the older games I was still playing a new pack and connecting it to the other stuff in game and expanding my gameplay all working together, and was quite content to not see another pack or content for another six months or even nine months in some cases. But TS4 seems to spur on the boredom of needing to know what is the nex thing and how fast can we get it? Is that on purpose? Or is that because the core of the game is still lacking in personality, quirkiness, consequences, and lack of challenge of how easy and boring it is to take care of these Sims, and or just turn loose and just sit and watch them?

As far as sandbox, it has very little to find in the excitement department. Yes, it has plenty of goals, but even those can't sate the player who wants a deeper game. So, it has become a merry-go-round and three more years of that won't help those who feel the core is lack luster. Nor, those who buy a new pack, then throw it down and ask what is next? over and over.

If you don't mind me saying, I believe that it's intentional. Unlike the previous games, EA has piecemeal-ed TS4 to a fare the well. The players are given juuust enough, but never enough to make it feel like the experience is complete. The only exceptions to that seem to be vampires and, maybe, toddlers.

Take the terrain tools as an example. Players have been begging for terrain tools. Finally, they're on the way. Yet, a big part of terrain tools was digging down to the game's water table and creating ponds and lakes on a lot. It also consisted of the constrainfloorelevation cheat which allowed the player to use terrain tools to create features that wouldn't have been possible otherwise -- split levels, friezes, and attached garages on homes with foundations.

Don't get me wrong, TS4 adds some interesting and intuitive twists to the upcoming terrain tools. Yet, some of the basic components that players were waiting for are still missing. They won't appear until some other unspecified time in the game's nebulous future.

Another feature would be apartments. CL provided apartment-living and yet the full-fledged apartment features of the past haven't arrived yet, if ever. Apartments aren't possible anywhere else except for one very claustrophobically small world.

Those kind of incomplete feature sets practically breeds a sense of perpetual waiting for the rest to arrive. The same phenomenon is present for pools, romance, teenagers, babies. It's a constant state of waiting for the very basics of a Sims game to arrive. finally and completely.

From a business standpoint, I understand EA's decision to release content this way. "Always keep them wanting more" is a popular axiom for a reason. However, it seems an unfair way to treat a long-standing fan base that would likely buy everything anyway. So, why not release features whole and complete from the get go? There's no need to tease and tantalize a consumer into following behind the trail of breadcrumbs. A good game (and a company that is confident in the quality of their product) shouldn't need to rely on that kind of tactic for continued sales.

you are so true.!
    Why did they leave off the water? It was no reason for that, But the fact that they wish us to keep begging for things.
    Maybe they think its better mind control, Like a bad child, keep more of their parents attention than the little perfect angel child.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018

Take the terrain tools as an example. Players have been begging for terrain tools. Finally, they're on the way. Yet, a big part of terrain tools was digging down to the game's water table and creating ponds and lakes on a lot. It also consisted of the constrainfloorelevation cheat which allowed the player to use terrain tools to create features that wouldn't have been possible otherwise -- split levels, friezes, and attached garages on homes with foundations.

Get Famous hasn't even come out and I want to know and am excited about what's next. :D

Me too, unfortunately. I'm not a fan of the acting career. However, the initial moments of the trailer had me wondering if singing, bands, photography, makeup artists, and stylists careers/features would finally make an appearance. Only, to find out that -- open or no -- acting was going to be the only genuine career path.

It seemed that a pack like Get Famous would have been a no-brainer time to introduce those other things...

Oh well. Maybe next year. :/

I thought like you did about maybe this is some old cliche leave them laughing or always wanting more, but then I decided no, it's more like it's easier to port over to Sims Mobile/Console, too, if it doesn't have all those features.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2018
    filipomel wrote: »

This!

I don’t think everyone has this need for the next thing but I do see it. Visit the forums a week or two after and there is an element of “I’m bored now, what’s next?” And I’ve been on all the sims forums and I don’t remember this was a constant thing. Heck with the last two expansions before seasons and Jungle adventure I was one of them. And I have never been like that with a sims expansion. There’s still things I find from previous games I’ve never seen despite playing the heck out of them, in ten years time will I say that about the sims 4? I don’t know. The game and I have a love hate relationship. If I give up the first three games I could maybe enjoy it but because I play the older games I find it difficult to play 4. And that’s not about content. I like seasons for example. My problem with 4 is not just the content or lack of, the game is just missing a spark, for me it’s become like bumping into a family member you only see at weddings and funerals; you don’t see them very often, you have grown apart but you can take them in small doses.

I think it’s deliberate, always keep fans hungry and many fans will bite. A quick glance in the forums in quiet spells when people are complaining they will get no paid content for that month or quarter. I’ve never seen so many fans desperate to buy anything for their game. I don’t see that in other communities for other games. There’s excitement and anticipation of any future content but there’s never desperate hunger shortly after a game release.

But that's such a small representation of the community, heck, active simmers on these forums are such a small representation of the community. You can't take the statements of a few individuals and generalize an entire player base, or in the very least make it seem like the number of people who are complaining of boredom is a bigger number than it actually is.

But I’m not to be fair, I have said I don’t think everyone and my use of he word element of. True here is a small representation but I see it here, on other sims forums and occasionally on twitter. I’m not generalising I’m just agreeing with what I see. I find it weird because I play lots of other games, I’m a hard core gamer you could say and I don’t see this “OMG we have nothing to buy, isn’t this disappointing” attitude frequently.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

you are so true.!
    Why did they leave off the water? It was no reason for that, But the fact that they wish us to keep begging for things.
    Maybe they think its better mind control, Like a bad child, keep more of their parents attention than the little perfect angel child.

Why leave off water?

Because, to paraphrase: if they tried to do everything, nothing would ever get done. Yet, in the past, they managed to provide those features all at once, followed by much more.

As always, I'm left with the perception that EA is struggling with the basics, meanwhile, trying to provide something new. It's all so backwards and I blame it on changing horses midstream.

I thought like you did about maybe this is some old cliche leave them laughing or always wanting more, but then I decided no, it's more like it's easier to port over to Sims Mobile/Console, too, if it doesn't have all those features.

I hope that console ports aren't the deciding factor here. I hope that with every fiber of my Sim-loving being.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    edited November 2018

you are so true.!

Why leave off water?

Because, to paraphrase: if they tried to do everything, nothing would ever get done. Yet, in the past, they managed to provide those features all at once, followed by much more.

As always, I'm left with the perception that EA is struggling with the basics, meanwhile, trying to provide something new. It's all so backwards and I blame it on changing horses midstream.

I thought like you did about maybe this is some old cliche leave them laughing or always wanting more, but then I decided no, it's more like it's easier to port over to Sims Mobile/Console, too, if it doesn't have all those ..

I hope that console ports aren't the deciding factor here. I hope that with every fiber of my Sim-loving being.

I feel it will be a lot of people buying just to have something rather than nothing at all.

Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I think the majority of the players who are always clamoring for more content are those who were never initially on board with a particular pack. They think the next pack is going to solve all their problems with sims 4 and when it doesn't they're back on the forum, in mere days or weeks, speculating about and wanting the next release.

I've already seen people commenting how Get Famous is not what they wanted, or they promised not to buy another pack until a specific one they wanted was released or they just flat out said they're not buying. Yet here they are. "I'm going to buy it anyway." "Maybe it will have this or maybe it will have that." "I'm not interested in the gameplay but I want the new CAS, or Build/Buy." Or "I didn't really want it but my mother, cousin, best friend, boyfriend, husband bought it for me and I didn't want to hurt their feelings by returning it." Those are the players who will be back on the forum before the end of the year claiming boredom with Get Famous.

I don't know about that, I have seen you post many, many wish lists and solutions to player control and all sorts of things you felt TS4 needed. The point is, after four years we still don't have half of what I might have wanted, or you or anyone else who is still waiting around for the magic to start. And I don't mean actual magic pack.

ETA: TS4 seems to me it works like this, Oh yay! new EP or GP! But.....
    Every pack has come with a regret, such as but....it would have been better if....or it would have been more if....etc. Take GTW, I really liked that pack because I ignored the to do lists, but....there is a lot about it that needed to be redesigned and filled out more..like the employees at the hospital who are there as fluff and no substance. No need for them to be there at all. Take GT, it would have been better...if....they hadn't added the feature to throw out Sims who are cooking as a visitor while in their 'club'....or if all the dancing was synced together...but it's not. We all know that. Those are just two mild examples, TS4 always has a but and what if... ETA: Here's another oh yay CL...but it would have been better if..we could have built our own apartments and festivals hadn't used the base game objects (cheap) and didn't spawn over each other.

Of course I've posted about features and objects I'd like to see. I want pool tables. I want slow dancing. I wish the emotions weren't as affected by surroundings. But. I love this version of the sims as much as I did the previous 3 versions. And even though there are a lot of 'buts' I still love playing this version Cinebar. And I'm happy that we still have at least 3 more years. Not because I'm bored, not because there's still potential to be realized, not because there are ' missing' features that previous versions had by this time. It's simply because I like playing TS4. I don't know what else to say so I won't say anything else.

This!

I don’t think everyone has this need for the next thing but I do see it. Visit the forums a week or two after and there is an element of “I’m bored now, what’s next?” And I’ve been on all the sims forums and I don’t remember this was a constant thing. Heck with the last two expansions before seasons and Jungle adventure I was one of them. And I have never been like that with a sims expansion. There’s still things I find from previous games I’ve never seen despite playing the heck out of them, in ten years time will I say that about the sims 4? I don’t know. The game and I have a love hate relationship. If I give up the first three games I could maybe enjoy it but because I play the older games I find it difficult to play 4. And that’s not about content. I like seasons for example. My problem with 4 is not just the content or lack of, the game is just missing a spark, for me it’s become like bumping into a family member you only see at weddings and funerals; you don’t see them very often, you have grown apart but you can take them in small doses.

I think it’s deliberate, always keep fans hungry and many fans will bite. A quick glance in the forums in quiet spells when people are complaining they will get no paid content for that month or quarter. I’ve never seen so many fans desperate to buy anything for their game. I don’t see that in other communities for other games. There’s excitement and anticipation of any future content but there’s never desperate hunger shortly after a game release.

But that's such a small representation of the community, heck, active simmers on these forums are such a small representation of the community. You can't take the statements of a few individuals and generalize an entire player base, or in the very least make it seem like the number of people who are complaining of boredom is a bigger number than it actually is.

So true. When SimguruKate announced the latest group of Tumblr/Simblir gamechangers I didn't recognize any of them. A whole simming community that I was unaware of. I understand there's also a huge Facebook and Reddit following. We're but a small drop in the pond here.
    edited October 2018

Strange how people did not hear her calling out for anyone to be a game changer. most simmers know about it ...
    I do feel I would be an excellent game changer, I just do not want to be employed by it. I should have read up on this one. Ok, now a private conversation is now for public view :). Sleepy makes for this type oops, Only EA Maxis can pick one to be a game changer. Being a YouTuber I am sure is a great way to get your foot in the door. along with twitch, twitter, and others. Now switching all private conversations to a privet platform. :Do:)
    edited October 2018

This!

So true. When SimguruKate announced the latest group of Tumblr/Simblir gamechangers I didn't recognize any of them. A whole simming community that I was unaware of. I understand there's also a huge Facebook and Reddit following. We're but a small drop in the pond here.

Is that like 'we aren't the vast majority'? so any complaints that many agree about should be ignored since we are (some of us) just a handful who point out some things that could have been better or that we are tired of the piece-mealing of TS4? Or that the game for some of us is so buggy we are tired of it not being repaired in a more timely manner? Or because we aren't the vast majority our insight into why so many are so unhappy should be shoved under the rug because those on Twitter, FB, Youtube and Tumblr make money to promote it and their voices are all that matters? I think Maxis should pay more attention to those who never say anything and who left the game shortly after it was released or have gone back to the older games and learn from them what it is that drives them nuts about a game that is supposed to be part of the actual series and how they could have improved it. Hopefully, in the next three years though terrain tools as it is will be a good thing, I guess, but why they didn't consider this the first year people were begging to dig a pond or a lake and raise the land and work on it then, instead of the EPs I mentioned that still drive many crazy with their glitches and short comings of gameplay. To this day people are still begging the Sims at the hospital matter, and still begging the detective career finally get repaired for good, forever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited October 2018

I could not Sleep I tossed and turn, I could not get The Sims 4 Game out of my Mind.
    Then I had this Dream. It started out with 2 people talking...

Did you know that it was people in this big old world besides the ones on the forum,? OH no I did not. I did not know it was other people out there. wow. Did you know that some of them like to play Sims games? No way I thought it was just us here.

And what about all the people on youtube that play Sims 4 day and night. wow, how can they do that, don't they need jobs? Nooo, I heard one you tuber say "I use to work, but not anymore I am not just a gamer, I mean I Play the Sims on youtube, soon I was making money and getting popular. everyone needs money right.? yup, and as long as I do what I am told and do the right thing I can be a game changer. if I get like maybe 100 thousand subscribers, "you think so, wow, "and sometimes I even get a Sims EP before the day its out" wow.? "Yup, I am an important person now."
    So if you like to sit at your computer all day and play the Sims 4 game You can become Famous too?. wow.

Know what I saw,? I saw a famous person asking if anyone wanted to be a game changer for EA, and they did mean anyone, come one come all?. wow. You mean I can Get Famous, Sure everyone wants to be famous. :)

Back at EA headquarters, EA was getting a call from all kinds of social media sites, and they got so happy, they thought wow it worked,? now we will have so many to support us we will never have to pay for advertisement we will just let them do it for us. Why, How? , because we let the other guy pay them hahaha. but hey when they do come around we will make the feel Famous, wow. what great Marketing strategies. Sure it will work.? Sure we have been doing it for a while, just we need more.

Back at EA headquarters 2 months ago. I have good news for everyone here, But one thing first. We have to dump that new Universty EP. NOO, not that, the people want it so much. well your right, but what they do not know will not hurt them. much. hahaha. Besides we need one to make becoming Famous a big thing. a big deal after all who, do not want to become famous. hahaha

Back at the Youtubers home now, what's that you got.* oh its from EA its a code to play the new game Get famous, No way they made that. Boy oh boy, they are the smartest people in the world. Yes, your right. and now they can get the whole World to think about becoming Famous as one of their (Game Changers).
    It's the perfect EP.

The New boy walked home, Hey Dad, I'm going to be famous, and I ain't going back to school.
    What? Wait to your mom hears what you're saying.! Lily get in here fast something is wrong with our Son!!
    Mom here me out I am going to Get Famous!
    That's ok Son but just first, finish school.

I do not need school. I do not need college and I bet I can buy a house just like this on my own in about a year. I will soon be 14 and become emaciated, I can drive a car then Yea A Limo. (Sings) I am going to be famous.

And I need a New computer, Now! and a camera and lights, you need to paint my room I am a star Mom Dad. you looking at a Famous person. I am good for the Money!!
    I need blue hair, it would make my teeth look blue in the lights that would be Soo sweet.
    EA just got my Email won't be lone now. (Big Grin)

Parents give up, Lily it happened Our son he is a backward head now, Just won't listen. well, I think he acts like one of Them Sims they do not listen either.

THe End!

Another 4 years for what, More tricks up their sleeves, and commercialism, not really caring about what we want but what will help them sell sell sell, and even get more free advertisement form the world of Simmers. No, I do not wish to see this, I have been searching and Get Famous was not on most people list.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have an idea. When you feel like sharing something that is in no way connected to a topic, don’t post it in that topic but start your own topic. If people find it an interesting subject they can join.

This!

Is that like 'we aren't the vast majority'? so any complaints that many agree about should be ignored since we are (some of us) just a handful who point out some things that could have been better or that we are tired of the piece-mealing of TS4? Or that the game for some of us is so buggy we are tired of it not being repaired in a more timely manner? Or because we aren't the vast majority our insight into why so many are so unhappy should be shoved under the rug because those on Twitter, FB, Youtube and Tumblr make money to promote it and their voices are all that matters? I think Maxis should pay more attention to those who never say anything and who left the game shortly after it was released or have gone back to the older games and learn from them what it is that drives them nuts about a game that is supposed to be part of the actual series and how they could have improved it. Hopefully, in the next three years though terrain tools as it is will be a good thing, I guess, but why they didn't consider this the first year people were begging to dig a pond or a lake and raise the land and work on it then, instead of the EPs I mentioned that still drive many crazy with their glitches and short comings of gameplay. To this day people are still begging the Sims at the hospital matter, and still begging the detective career finally get repaired for good, forever.
    One doesn’t have to be part of a majority to be right or at least have a point, that’s for sure. Even when there are just ten simmers in the whole wide world who share the opinion you express in your OP, we are allowed to discuss it here and the fact there’s just ten of us doesn’t make us wrong. It will only mean nobody but us will care, which is fine by me. If that is the case, I have no idea. I don’t follow YouTube channels, I’m not on Facebook and I’m not on Reddit. Nor am I planning to. I like these forums, probably because I find so many like-minded here.
    5JZ57S6.png

JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I have an idea. When you feel like sharing something that is in no way connected to a topic, don’t post it in that topic but start your own topic. If people find it an interesting subject they can join.

I am not sure what you mean Joann65, but most know the topic, and they mostly comment on what would cause the next 4 years plus to have a negative impact on the wait, if this or that is already going wrong.
    Like where do they plan to improve?

A person could make a comment about what's not being addressed already in the game. , Simmers do not always state the words In the topic.

Just like you just said your thoughts, off topic we do that too.

What your saying may not include the subject but we do understand you and that's ok.

As of June 2018, The Sims 4 has sold over 10,000,000 copies worldwide.

I do know all Simmer think alike we play the same game mostly, We all have the same complaints, and yes I am on or have at least checked out most of the sites.

It bothers me so much when I see Simmers buckling under just because its other Simmers out there, come on simmers you had to know.

Even when they release a new EP do they not say they release it to the world on a certain date all over the world, what is it 10 million copies, sold, for just Sims 4 along. None of us will ever get as Famous as EA/Maxis, and they have money and sales to prove that.

It's ok because some are Newer of course. and some just play the game. they are the ones that buy only what they like or buy something different.

And believe me, this long extra wait is unwelcome by most because we are in the dark as what is to be expected and still we must buy or wait and wait hoping we may get something we want.

It was not for nothing I told my Dream. It is the key to me as to why.
    @Stormview, I'm not understanding some of your posts, especially about EA/Youtubers and fame. Most of us here in this thread don't follow Youtuber Let's Play players. We don't have any interest in becoming famous or making money off any games, (maybe we should, easy money) we just want a game we don't have to wait months to see something more interesting and or wait on patches that never come, so whatever we were playing before something glitched or broke we don't have to wait two or three years for them to find it, only for it to break again with another patch, or EP or GP etc. Your last post I could understand, no, we don't want to wait forever, and seven years to see a slow dance, or Sims facing each other while dancing, or chemistry system, or whatever anyone is waiting on shouldn't have cost us seven years, and over $600 to finally see in a game about life.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    tea...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited October 2018

I do know all Simmer think alike we play the same game mostly, We all have the same complaints, and yes I am on or have at least checked out most of the sites.

It bothers me so much when I see Simmers buckling under just because its other Simmers out there, come on simmers you had to know.

Even when they release a new EP do they not say they release it to the world on a certain date all over the world, what is it 10 million copies, sold, for just Sims 4 along. None of us will ever get as Famous as EA/Maxis, and they have money and sales to prove that.

It's ok because some are Newer of course. and some just play the game. they are the ones that buy only what they like or buy something different.

And believe me, this long extra wait is unwelcome by most because we are in the dark as what is to be expected and still we must buy or wait and wait hoping we may get something we want.

Feel better now?
    Don't rail at us. Send emails to EA/Maxis. I sent a long rant back to Microsoft last week on Feedback about Windows 10 about their "Plumb" useless Virtual Reality Assistant. Sometimes I get results next update.

If people can earn a living off YouTube, good luck to them. It is more difficult than you think and you have to have command of your subject to get respect and subscribers, plus a good command of language.

Lots of kids use it for their huge university fees so it's all good.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I personally don't see a point in another 3 years. Unless they want to use money made from this to go to funding the next game which, I mean I'm not buying anything TS4 but there are people who like it who will. My focus lately has been on their previous games. I still love The Sims but The Sims 4 just isn't it for me. And it's weird to say that because literally every Sims game I've ever gotten my hands on I've always continued to play (except of Mobile and Freeplay, uninstalled within 10 minutes). I may not play them every day but they stay in rotation like every other game I love does. The only thing I could possibly see me doing with TS4 is creating sims at this point but there's no point in purchasing the game to only play in CAS.

I remember when Seasons came out and there was some new stuff that I was pleasantly surprised by and happy to see but then there were things I was wondering why there was so much excitement over and I was thinking how we'd been had them. It took a few moments but it hit me that those weren't in the base game like they were in the past. Even when I was on Facebook and a video about terrain tools coming to TS4 popped up I was halfway through wondering what in the world they were talking about when I remembered it wasn't already there. I feel like that will be the next three years of this game. A few actually new features that are cool, a few features or objects returning that are only new and shiny to this game and then stuff in between that's just 'eh'.

And if it were simply just returning fan favorite EPs we were talking about I would get that. I'm one of those players who doesn't mind that after a certain amount of years we're on to game 2 or 3 or 4. But we're talking basic things usually in the game from the get go. I thought by now we'd be at the point where more basics start being added to the base game but we're regressing instead. That isn't worth it to me and I agree with those who say it feels like it's piecemealed. There are a lot of things that should've been squared away from the start. I feel like 3 years from now we'll still be saying that this game has so much potential to live up to but it still will not have. I'd rather move onto the next one and hopefully start fresh and better.

On the topic of hours played I never quite understood that either. It isn't normal to me at all. I never understood why people felt the need to log or pay attention to a log of how many hours they've played a game but I just assumed it was some sort of new gamer thing. I never been curious to know how many hours I've played a game but to each their own. It is nice to get insight though.

And on the topic of emotions, they are probably one of my main problems with TS4. I could do without them to be honest. I never had a problem with emotions in the previous games and it did feel like the sims were better in the previous games emotion and personality wise. There are things from TS4 that I'd love to see next go round and wish were in 2 or 3 but these emotions definitely aren't one them.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    Simburian wrote: »

Feel better now?
    Don't rail at us. Send emails to EA/Maxis. I sent a long rant back to Microsoft last week on Feedback about Windows 10 about their "Plumb" useless Virtual Reality Assistant. Sometimes I get results next update.

If people can earn a living off YouTube, good luck to them. It is more difficult than you think and you have to have command of your subject to get respect and subscribers, plus a good command of language.

Lots of kids use it for their huge university fees so it's all good.

I would think we wouldn't have to email EA, because we have a feedback section good or bad, we should be able to say we are tired of waiting. :) They've had a few packs I did like, but as others point out the core is still lack luster. I wonder what was their biggest successes? Vampires? Dine Out? Get Together or something else? Almost everyone (those who like toddlers) agree they are the best in the series. But look at how long we waited for that, do we really have to wait maybe three more years to see more indepth kids and teens? Kids (as I say many times) still can't play outside with other kids like in the other games. What do people do in TS4? Goal? Because in the other games I was making my Sim kids behave like kids, by showing off, playing tag, (no TV or pcs for them) hopscotch, riding bikes and other things. Surely watching kids skill all day and sit around talking to adults gets boring to everyone else, too, doesn't it? I mean I can only stand so much skilling in all these games, until I have to break out of the monopoly and make something drastic or funny or weird happen. Goal games have never been something I wanted to play too often. Once you win, game over, and no need to try it again. Time wasters.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    What do people do in TS4 you asked @Cinebar. Goal?
    Yes sometimes I try to complete goals as I tell a story. I feel like I have to goal way less than before. In the first Sims it was basically needs and goals the goal usually being getting enough money to build more and have more and be comfortable. I wasn't really a story teller with that one. In Sims 2 it was filling the aspiration, needs before they died or trying to extend their life (so I was goaling there too). In Sims 4 I start off with a story in mind for my sims. The needs aren't so bad that my main goal is making sure they can stay awake all day anymore. I switch off aspirations as I do things and meet the goals at whatever pace I want.. if I want, if I'm playing that way and yes I often do. In the meantime I'm telling a story usually one that has been fleshed out by a pack enough for me to tell it. So I can have that outdoor living sim that lives in a tent and is a vagabond basically. They have to have a home but I can ignore it other than to mail some things or send in collections. I can tell the same sorts of stories (but more involved than I did in Sims 2 about my black widow(ers) since they can infiltrate and select victims in more ways than before. Can wine and dine, go into their houses and wreck their intendeds home life if they want too (and squat like a cowbird in their nest) or just trap them in the basement (like I did in 2) and more. I can play out my mad scientist dreams a lot more easily and have frequently. I could write about this at length actually but I've posted often so I won't do so here.. I'd love more gameplay of this nature added also :). I also have other types of sims but I'd be writing a wall of text to just touch on them. Mostly though even if I do goals (usually to get reward points for traits), mostly I tell stories and this version has given me the tools I need to travel around and not feel locked in by needs or a job unless I feel like playing it out that way. I do like the active and semi-active jobs when I want to tell a story of a cop, or a florist, or a doctor and what they get up to when not at work.
    Maybe I could have done more of this in Sims 2 but I remember mostly sitting them in a room and making them read books to level up before going to their job. I remember playing the romance and knowledge sims the most. It was fun at the time but I know it didn't give me as much choice to play in various ways as it does now. Of course it might be that I couldn't latch on to a variety of play styles in that game to make it broader but I did play it the whole time it was released. I just don't remember playing it in different ways like I do now.
    egTcBMc.png
    Surely watching kids skill all day and sit around talking to adults gets boring to everyone else, too, doesn't it?

What to do with children in the Sims 4.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/parenting/children.php

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/parenthood/

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/kidsroom/

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/scouting.php

They can also bowl and skate.

Most activities do lead to acquiring skills, as do most activities and interactions in the sims games. However, the end result is not always to increase skills. Most of the activities are what kids do in the course of a normal day.

I have no autonomous computer, tv, and stereo mods in my game so my kids only participate in those activities when I want them to.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I personally don't see a point in another 3 years. Unless they want to use money made from this to go to funding the next game which, I mean I'm not buying anything TS4 but there are people who like it who will. My focus lately has been on their previous games. I still love The Sims but The Sims 4 just isn't it for me. And it's weird to say that because literally every Sims game I've ever gotten my hands on I've always continued to play (except of Mobile and Freeplay, uninstalled within 10 minutes). I may not play them every day but they stay in rotation like every other game I love does. The only thing I could possibly see me doing with TS4 is creating sims at this point but there's no point in purchasing the game to only play in CAS.

I remember when Seasons came out and there was some new stuff that I was pleasantly surprised by and happy to see but then there were things I was wondering why there was so much excitement over and I was thinking how we'd been had them. It took a few moments but it hit me that those weren't in the base game like they were in the past. Even when I was on Facebook and a video about terrain tools coming to TS4 popped up I was halfway through wondering what in the world they were talking about when I remembered it wasn't already there. I feel like that will be the next three years of this game. A few actually new features that are cool, a few features or objects returning that are only new and shiny to this game and then stuff in between that's just 'eh'.

And if it were simply just returning fan favorite EPs we were talking about I would get that. I'm one of those players who doesn't mind that after a certain amount of years we're on to game 2 or 3 or 4. But we're talking basic things usually in the game from the get go. I thought by now we'd be at the point where more basics start being added to the base game but we're regressing instead. That isn't worth it to me and I agree with those who say it feels like it's piecemealed. There are a lot of things that should've been squared away from the start. I feel like 3 years from now we'll still be saying that this game has so much potential to live up to but it still will not have. I'd rather move onto the next one and hopefully start fresh and better.

On the topic of hours played I never quite understood that either. It isn't normal to me at all. I never understood why people felt the need to log or pay attention to a log of how many hours they've played a game but I just assumed it was some sort of new gamer thing. I never been curious to know how many hours I've played a game but to each their own. It is nice to get insight though.

And on the topic of emotions, they are probably one of my main problems with TS4. I could do without them to be honest. I never had a problem with emotions in the previous games and it did feel like the sims were better in the previous games emotion and personality wise. There are things from TS4 that I'd love to see next go round and wish were in 2 or 3 but these emotions definitely aren't one them.
    For me this pretty much nails why Sims 4 doesn’t need another three years, simply because it won’t help. It would be justified if it would be this awesome, steady, already complete, bugless game (as in: the occasional bug, not riddled with them in an - apparently - unsolvable way, the same reason why it was right to stop developing Sims 3 when they did), adding stuff to it being a luxury instead of a necessity, but it’s not. And some of the issues (like the total lack of consequences and the lack of personalities and the animations that take ages) will never go away. And I completely appreciate there are players who don’t care about that, but for me it means that adding more years to this game means wasting time, time they could rather spend on something new and decent. I feel that whenever they announce a new pack. I fell for it when they released JA and that experience taught me a lesson: even if the jungle is great and there are up to 7 templates (sold as so much better than the predecessor that had up to 25, 26 different templates with much more variety, nothing wrong with their marketing skills), you’re done after a few hours and all it shows is limitations and repetitive gameplay. And me cheering because backgrounds fit.... The vampires are done very well, so are the toddlers, but I can’t fully enjoy a game that just gives me one nice aspect to focus on. The rest still feels meh. All of it.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65, did you learn your lesson with JA or are you considering Get Famous? :)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    There is also the semi-active careers. I just recently found out how fun they are. Two came with City Living, and one with Seasons. They allow for work at home or rabbithole. Well the active ones can be rabbit hole also if you chose it as long as you advance your sim to where they need to be now and then.
    We are getting another semi-active career in the next patch and of course the Actor active career is in the next pack which has me very excited. It might bump my favorite career (scientist) down a notch. There maybe more no clue as of yet. I'm still hoping we get some sort of self-employment one day because most of my sims "work" from home. Like I don't put my writer in the writer career normally. They are just a writer or a painter or a gardener ect...
    We also have things like being a street vendor ect.. busking.. playing for tips ect but I'm sure some of those were in the past versions. I don't remember them from the versions I played though.
    Not really sure why the convo went there but okay.

I love this iteration. What I know about the length of time its run is that when new themes come out and are revisited they are broader in scope and more user friendly than in the past to me. At least the past games I played. That allows me to tell stories that are more detailed. I don't mind waiting because when it comes for the most part I'm well pleased. I'm even enjoying some aspects and themes in gameplay with the current version that I didn't enjoy in the past for many reasons including those areas not being broad enough to cater to my gameplay, or not interesting enough to pull me in. People will wince that can't take the thought of it but I hope it has more than three years left..

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top