Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing your game for Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not much prep since I'm still not 100% sure on if I'll get the pack yet (but knowing me it's highly likely that I will eventually), but if I do, I know which of my kid sims is joining the drama club.
    My little artistic prodigy, Josiah. He loves drawing and even has his own puppet theater that he uses to perform shows for his little sisters. This would be so perfect for him so I hope this pack has enough incentive for me to buy it.
    4IZka8S.png
    Not the most flattering pic, but I'm posting this one so his face can actually be seen :D It even has his puppet theater.
    bQ7yPpE.png

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    xwbF2e.png

Henry Goth (in the background) is the current heir to the goth name, son of Alexander and his wife, Emma. I plan on him becoming a famous musician. He's currently a teen, so I won't be playing that save until the game comes out, but man am I anxious!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Nothing at all.

The only thing I need for this pack (assuming I get it) is my precious boi Alex Starr. It's in his name.
    kRLlWA2.png

I don't think I've posted enough of him yet.

great looking sim :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I am now better able to answer this question. Yesterday was the first time in about two weeks (since my manuscript came back from my Editor) and I took the time to remove Road to Fame; Minitechs_Career_Musician (and the other two things that came with it). I don't expect I'll need those once GF is released. Sorry to say, I never really got a chance to see how these other mods would get my singer where he needed to be, as I've been playing my other game save more, lately. Guess that's a good thing. Once GF is out, I'll be playing the save with my potential Rock Star. :) I'm very excited.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MattieMayfairMattieMayfair Posts: 29 Member
    I’m currently trying to age my future sim hieress to a Teenager, I plan to have her as my famous sim. Her mom is Sofia Bjergsen afterall. I plan on bringing Sofia back from the dead even and work more on her Musician career she died fixing the stereo when the girls were little and there aunt has been raising them since. I also plan on bringing back Penny Pizazz and working on her fame. She was my gen 1 founders wife. I also plan on working with Bella Goth since she’s my Future Heirs actual grandma since Sofia had an affair with Alexander and make some old time Hollywood meets modern rivalries between Penny and Bella!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    My game is already filled with real life celebrities, so I'm just waiting for the pack to drop. And removing mods that I'll no longer need. ;)
  • Options
    hlf201hlf201 Posts: 14 New Member
    If I manage to play enough to age up the daughter of my current family then she will be set for an acting career. Her mum is high up on the music career and her dad has the model looks so I'm hoping she will turn out with some star quality - at the moment she's a chubby child so it's hard to tell what her teen self will become!! I think I'll try and max out her charisma skill and get her in shape before she becomes a YA so hopefully then she will have a good start to becoming famous...exciting!!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’ve prepared my sim and she’s going to be a livestreamer who makes it big and moves into acting
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not preparing for Get Famous, but I am preparing for the patch. I plan to move copies of my 10 Sims families and move them to the Gallery in case I have to start a new save.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm planning on making typical happy-with-their-lot parents who have a very ambitious and artsy daughter that strives for more in life. Dahlia (the daughter) grows up in a cozy Oasis Springs house with the scent of homemade cherry pie always lingering in the house. She loves creative pursuits even as a toddler, and draws and paints as a child. As a teen, she starts painting and dabbles in fashion and blogging. Eventually, she becomes obsessed with the idea of being something, but her parents think she's being ungrateful and that she shouldn't need others' approval to feel special. However, she moves out the moment she finishes high school - to Del Sol Valley, where dreams come true! She moves into an ugly little house, but she revamps it into a beautiful dwelling with art and colour. She starts off selling her art on the street and hanging out at museums. Eventually she meets some well-known fashionistas. She befriends them and starts mingling at venues to create a name for herself. Before long, she gains stardom and enjoys life as an artist that is a bit infamous for her scandalous romantic connections, but is always classy and frequently seen eating pie.

Update:
    Writing this made me feel inspired to go create them.
    3_zpsn0x5mhrj.png
    PS: She's friggin gorgeous. #nomakeup
    10-18-18_1-14-27nbspAM_zpsjdxslih2.png
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'll do what I normally do before getting a new pack: nothing. The patch, on the other hand....
  • Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    I am not preparing at all. I am likely going to get this pack for completeness sake eventually, but I am not that interested in it. It seems boring. I didn't enjoy previous celebrity or fame based EP in other versions of sims. In fact I found previous fame based packs in other versions annoying. I am trying to get excited by reading the official tweets but nothing is appealing to me thus far. This is the first EP I am thinking of skipping the more I think of it. I disliked both Night Life and Showtime from sims 3, well except the Vamps, and Genies, I always welcome new occult life states. But there is no indications of anything like that in this EP.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    One of the first celebrities I made for The Sims 4 was Jennifer Lawrence. In my game she has already mastered the entertainer career and - due to the fact that I turned her into a Vampire - she has kept her youthful freshness. When Get Famous is released she and her family will move to Del Sol Valley and I will make her a star. ^.^

Furthermore I'm currently working on a Hollywood Villa I will furnish with the new objects we'll get with the EP and upload it to the gallery.
  • Options
    SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    I love to play with the Bheeda family that lives in San Myshuno and Jesminder has given birth to a beautiful baby girl named Ava. I am thinking about make Ava an aspiring actress and move her to Del Sol Valley when the EP comes out. I have also played a lot with the Hecking family in Brindleton Bay and I am thinking about to let them adopt a baby girl and maybe make her an aspiring actress and move her till Del Sol Valley aswell. I am thinking of her backstory to be kind of "smalltown girl dreams of being an actress and has never really been outside of Brindelton Bay". :)

I am thinking about starting an LP on youtube with one of these two girls but can't really decide which one to go with! :) I am really looking forward to this new EP. <3
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, more like prepping it for the terrain tool, but I used to raise areas artificially with decks and foundations, edged with rocks to fake a slope. With Terrain I can do this properly, so I deleted those areas and the plants in preparation of being able to create real hills. I'm looking over all my parks to see what I can change.

Those rocks can be pretty expensive while also being kind of samey, and it's expensive to hide the sameyness. I intend to use Granite National Park as my esperimentation area.

I have no doubt Get Famous will bring new plants and trees for park areas.

They don't look so great right now of course.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'll be starting a new save for this -- main save is getting really crowded (my goal in that is to finish all the collections so I'll keep it for when I need a break). I'm playing on Long lifespan in my current save but I'm not aging Sims up early like usual, so my Sims' first child stayed a baby for several days (and I found that I was able to get my Sims up to level 2 in Parenting just by interacting with the baby object). Gives me a chance to explore some of the older careers before Fame changes everything; one Sim is an athlete while the other is a writer. I may save them to my Library and use them in my new save, though I'll probably use freerealestate to move them into a better house (depending how much money they have when I start the save).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Forgot I have a Micheal Jackson in my game. I don't play him but maybe get him famous so sims can react to him properly. ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I’m going to start a rags to riches and record it starting in two weeks to start off a legacy and see how far I get. I’m thinking I’ll try and get each generation in something different to see what happens. I also want to edit all the pre-made family’s to set them up for what I want to happen with pack as I tend to play rotationally. Definitely having Don Lothario, Nancy Landgraab, and Bella Goth go for being famous! I kinda want to set Don up with that preface from the EP that’s really famous and will be a challenge for him lol. Maybe break up the pancakes and have Bob and Penny Pizzazz get together? The great thing about EPS is they start the creative ideas with new twists on it.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I play on long so my plan is to create an orphanage type family with a headmistress, and 4 children (not related) that I will build skills up for, when they become teenagers (when the pack is out so I have all the new CAS) I will move them to del sol valley and they will be my famous sims.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    To be honest I just dive in with current playing household. I would like to build some film sets.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I have my sim ready, she's living in a tiny house in Willow Creek
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i never plan. I just add the current pack into my sims lives. most likely one of the children will be an actor, so it'll be a while before i even test that feature out. Famous sims in my current save file will come from previous jobs, careers, and skills.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I will definitely be revisiting my female impersonator sim, Lance Campos. ( Stage name: Lana)

Jw3B3Tu.png

cwOTj00.png

bVh2NU0.png

This might be some content beneficial to him.
  • Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    I have indirectly been ready for the EP. My Sims are Angel Investor (Business 10/+7) and Spin Doctor (Social Media 10/+13), and cannot wait for them to be famous. Three kids: Young Adult (Painter 8) whom I'll be switching her career into Style Influencer and two teenagers are slowly progressing into their adulthood to taste the Acting/Youtuber career.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I'm debating starting a new save because my current sims have toddler boys and I don't think either will grow up to do anything game related. The issue is but every time I started a new Steve when we get a new pack I kind of abandon all my other saves. Sometimes I'll go back but it's never quite the same.